Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

going back to this post though, danaan never said they believed it readily, hence "if true."

Nah, those are weasel words. Danann posts a lot of Russian milblog poo poo uncritically, and I'd like to see less of that in this thread. In the previous thread we asked Some Guy TT to curate the tweets he posted more, and I think the thread benefited from that. So now I'm going to ask Danann to do that as well. I'd like for this thread to not be a source for blatant misinformation, regardless of what "side" in this war it supports or criticizes. This is a thread for discussing truth that you can't get in more mainstream forums, not falsehoods that we'd like to believe because they fit our narrative.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

Nah, those are weasel words. Danann posts a lot of Russian milblog poo poo uncritically, and I'd like to see less of that in this thread. In the previous thread we asked Some Guy TT to curate the tweets he posted more, and I think the thread benefited from that. So now I'm going to ask Danann to do that as well. I'd like for this thread to not be a source for blatant misinformation, regardless of what "side" in this war it supports or criticizes. This is a thread for discussing truth that you can't get in more mainstream forums.

ok nerd

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Alas, your monitor...

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
oh gently caress off

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
modbrain claims another victim

speng31b
May 8, 2010

consider this the posting equivalent of giving you a huge atomic wedgie

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

crepeface posted:

oh gently caress off

You don't have to post in this thread. There are a whole bunch of other great threads here in CSPAM.:)

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
lol i guess it was decided the threads time was up

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Also the moroccan king is the wests little bitch he'll consent to anything it's not a surprise.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Regarde Aduck posted:

lol i guess it was decided the threads time was up

Nah, I think it'll do just fine over the coming months.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
someguyTT's posts were too good for the modteam to handle.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Why are people mad again? that someone brought information to correct a speculative post? how is this an issue?

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
this conflict has gotten out of control

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Majorian posted:

Nah, those are weasel words. Danann posts a lot of Russian milblog poo poo uncritically, and I'd like to see less of that in this thread. In the previous thread we asked Some Guy TT to curate the tweets he posted more, and I think the thread benefited from that. So now I'm going to ask Danann to do that as well. I'd like for this thread to not be a source for blatant misinformation, regardless of what "side" in this war it supports or criticizes. This is a thread for discussing truth that you can't get in more mainstream forums, not falsehoods that we'd like to believe because they fit our narrative.

wow it seems like it'll be difficult to discuss these claims if they're not posted in the first place

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

crepeface posted:

wow it seems like it'll be difficult to discuss these claims if they're not posted in the first place

It's not hard to google "Moroccan tanks to Ukraine."

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

crepeface posted:

modbrain claims another victim

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i wouldn't have seen it in the first place if they weren't posted

like, where else can I see "pro-russian" poo poo posted and then get refuted in a reasonable manner

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

It's not hard to google "Moroccan tanks to Ukraine."

you didn't even do that yourself lmao. you just responded off the cuff then edited in your Google search after it confirmed your suspicion.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

crepeface posted:

i wouldn't have seen it in the first place if they weren't posted

like, where else can I see "pro-russian" poo poo posted and then get refuted in a reasonable manner

Hell I dunno, one could post a tweet or a news piece about it that isn't making easily disproved claims. There's a lot to criticize about an arrangement in which the US tells Morocco's tanks to jump all the way to Ukraine and Morocco's tanks ask "how high?"

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
I would say Russian telegram sources are pretty vital to understanding the status of the war and what is exactly going on.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

"We'll write you an IOU, we swear."

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ardennes posted:

I would say Russian telegram sources are pretty vital to understanding the status of the war and what is exactly going on.

I agree, but I'd ask that people not post them uncritically, just as I'd ask that people not post, say, Ilya Pachinko machine or whatever his name is uncritically for the same reason. Again, it's not hard to google the basics and learn if what you're about to post has already been disproven. Posting weasel words like "If true" isn't going to cut it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Majorian posted:

I agree, but I'd ask that people not post them uncritically, just as I'd ask that people not post, say, Ilya Pachinko machine or whatever his name is uncritically for the same reason. Again, it's not hard to google the basics and learn if what you're about to post has already been disproven. Posting weasel words like "If true" isn't going to cut it.

dude this isn't a homework assignment lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
mods are forcing us to only post guardian articles about the war, sad!

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

yellowcar posted:

dude this isn't a homework assignment lol

You must have had some cool rear end teachers if your homework was that easy.:eyepop:

No, but for real, while it's not a homework assignment and this isn't DnD, this is a serious topic. We're talking about a war that could escalate and lead to the end of all life on Earth. While none of our discussions are going to have any real impact on, well, anything, I'd still rather this not be a place where people get misinformed about important poo poo. A country sending its tanks to another country and that second country stealing those tanks and sending them to a third country would be a pretty outrageous escalation, all things considered, so if someone's going to assert it (even with a fig leaf of "If true"), I'd like it if they even tried Googling it to see if it's remotely true before posting it.

Tankbuster posted:

mods are forcing us to only post guardian articles about the war, sad!

Hey now, you know perfectly well transphobia is not allowed here, which means no Guardian articles.

Majorian has issued a correction as of 08:36 on Jan 25, 2023

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
look, the guardian isn't transphobic. They just want a honest conversation between a person with gender dysphoria and the woman who flashed her pussy in the scottish parliament.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Al-Saqr posted:

Why are people mad again? that someone brought information to correct a speculative post? how is this an issue?

So and so didn't win on the internet. Chicken tendies were thrown at screens.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tankbuster posted:

look, the guardian isn't transphobic. They just want a honest conversation between a person with gender dysphoria and the woman who flashed her pussy in the scottish parliament.

She was wearing a merkin and screaming about how she wants to defend women, there's nothing weird about that, come on now.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
it was a simple highlander battlecry.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

anyways, my original point is just let people post dumb poo poo and correct them by being a huge dick about it normally and not by bringing out the modvoice, which is extremely lame and elicits exactly the reaction it deserves

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

anyways, my original point is just let people post dumb poo poo and correct them by being a huge dick about it normally and not by bringing out the modvoice, which is extremely lame and elicits exactly the reaction it deserves

My dude, I didn't threaten probations or bans. I asked nicely. Please take a chill pill.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
Wait this ISN'T the war misinformation thread?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Majorian posted:

My dude, I didn't threaten probations or bans. I asked nicely. Please take a chill pill.

I didn't say you did, I said it was annoying lol

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Seatbelts posted:

Wait this ISN'T the war misinformation thread?

It’s the “laugh at misinformation” thread. We’re all supposed to be laughing at this poo poo, not believing it!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

It’s the “laugh at misinformation” thread. We’re all supposed to be laughing at this poo poo, not believing it!

I think we also laugh at people who swallow propaganda (from either side) or who think with emotions over rationality. People barging in claiming their chosen side has the moral high ground are a personal favorite.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

speng31b posted:

I didn't say you did, I said it was annoying lol

I think we need to reopen qcs, some of you are starved for drama.

DancingShade posted:

I think we also laugh at people who swallow propaganda (from either side) or who think with emotions over rationality. People barging in claiming their chosen side has the moral high ground are a personal favorite.

In all seriousness that is my favorite mode of this thread. I definitely find it the most fun that way.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Majorian posted:

speng31b posted:

is this poo poo right here my man

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

I believe every post. No matter what it says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's either the shitposting thread or it isn't

don't assign people homework and complain about "weasel words" like some wikipedia editor