Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
You don't like the standalone Dolphin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Is it usable? Last I heard it was pretty bare bones so I didn’t bother with it.

I’m excited to see where it goes though because Dolphin on PC is magic and XBSX2 works great so having the entire PS2 and GameCube libraries at 4K60 on my TV will be wild.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
This is an example of the same woke, cancel culture that gave me a lifetime ban from Golden Corral for no other reason than taking my dick out at the salad bar.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Mvg just did a video on sx dolphin. Apparently it’s sick now.

https://youtu.be/HJHb3ZJXJfw

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

are you having a stroke

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

You deserved it, everybody knows that in American culture, you only wave your hog around at the carving station at a buffet.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Larry Parrish posted:

are you having a stroke

No, but I am out of zoloft.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Xbox uses too much power, because there are too many games to play on it

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

If we could test this in a laboratory with a fake but seemingly real threat of death, I think the results would be entertaining. Perhaps in a Japanese TV show format with no regard for the contestants well-being beyond not killing them

Squidya Games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Epic Xbox fail. Shoulda put burnout 3 on BC.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Ya stand-alone dolphin version is too early for me to use, can't be bothered to set poo poo up on the computer first lol. Still dunno how to set up texture packs n poo poo but i haven't tried so it's prob not that hard

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heehee posted:

Ya stand-alone dolphin version is too early for me to use, can't be bothered to set poo poo up on the computer first lol. Still dunno how to set up texture packs n poo poo but i haven't tried so it's prob not that hard
I downloaded the one for Burnout 3 and it was simple enough but it’s like 900000 individual images. I wish you could customize it to just be the UI though because some of the asphalt looks really bad in 4K like someone just cranked the sharpness slider up to 500%.

nom epique
Apr 24, 2022

by VideoGames

Junk

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Pandemic juiced a bunch of entertainment stats. It's fine.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Consumers are abandoning the platform due to the lack of Burnout 3 and Outrun 2006.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Disposable Scud posted:

You don't like the standalone Dolphin?

Has that been updated anyway? I've tried running a Wii game on RetroArch with the Dolphin core but it just crashes. No idea if there's other Wii cores.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://twitter.com/RepTroyNehls/status/1617672255873613826?s=20

drat liberals want to take away your xbox

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The average person does not produce enough pollution /garbage by any measurable metric. The vast majority of the worlds ecological disaster that we are facing is due to corporations, which have been able to just free for all it with no oversight since the beginning. Its at the point now where it doesn't matter what we do, it's too late to reverse course.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I said come in! posted:

The average person does not produce enough pollution /garbage by any measurable metric. The vast majority of the worlds ecological disaster that we are facing is due to corporations, which have been able to just free for all it with no oversight since the beginning. Its at the point now where it doesn't matter what we do, it's too late to reverse course.

iirc literally one super freighter pollutes more than the entire worlds cars. lol. and it's not like we don't know how to build ships that don't burn a hilarious amount of oil a day. but the shipping companies aren't about to pay what they'd need to have a nuclear surface fleet, and frankly they'd find a way to make that worse than it already is anyway

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

And now for some good news

https://twitter.com/SquanchGames/status/1618049809256185856

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So then what's the point of them?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Microsoft services are down worldwide. Xbox Live, Teams, Github, Outlook, etc...

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

power saving feature

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

spaceblancmange posted:

power saving feature

Fox News was right. They came for my Xbox. :(

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
In news that will excite Barudak and probably nobody else, Journey to the Savage Planet is getting a next-gen version, packing in the DLC, that all previous owners will get for free. Only on consoles, though, not PC.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Kins posted:

In news that will excite Barudak and probably nobody else, Journey to the Savage Planet is getting a next-gen version, packing in the DLC, that all previous owners will get for free. Only on consoles, though, not PC.

I had that on PS4, it was really good. I'm surprised it got a next gen, I know the devs got bought by I wanna say Amazon or somethin?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
That Microsoft showcase is at 12pm PT/3pm ET today. Looking forward to seeing more Minecraft Legends.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I had that on PS4, it was really good. I'm surprised it got a next gen, I know the devs got bought by I wanna say Amazon or somethin?
The studio got purchased by Stadia, with predictable results briefly punctuated by the creative lead becoming social media's Main Character Of The Day by declaring that streamers should have to pay publishers to let them stream games or something like that. A few of the people from there have since formed a new Tencent-backed studio and I believe reacquired the rights.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Goldeneye on Friday.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

iirc literally one super freighter pollutes more than the entire worlds cars. lol.

I said come in! posted:

No. This stuff is easy to research, guys. You don't need to parrot right-wing anticlimate talking points. Try googling "climate emissions by sector" and read a few of the results. For a full overview of the current science, the IPCC Summary Report for Policymakers is especially informative and not too long: pages 2-26 here https://www.ipcc.ch/site/assets/uploads/2018/02/SYR_AR5_FINAL_full.pdf

It's definitely true that the past 40 years of climate policy has focused way too much on individual choices, and that industry hasn't been held nearly accountable enough. But it is also still the case that individual choices matter, and that it is not "too late" to make improvements.

The largest emissions from an individual sector is road transportation at 12% of global emissions. More than half of that is passenger vehicles, the kind of thing most people use to get to work everyday, at about 7%. All shipping by boat in the world is less than 2% of global emissions. All air travel in the world is also less than 2%. This is why electrifying road vehicles and promoting bikes & buses is a major focus.

Agriculture is the 2nd largest sector, with the largest subcomponent being livestock.

If you drive an ICE car every day, eat a lot of meat, or vote for anticlimate politicians (or don't vote), those are all individual choices that will have a real impact on the planet's future.

This stuff matters. I encourage you not to give up, and I beg you not to spread misinformation.

Now, Goldeneye when?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The vast majority of climate change comes from all the energy it takes to ship a single ps5!!!!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

American McGay posted:

Goldeneye on Friday.

Looks like it!

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/1618251279897350144?s=20

But the Xbox version will not support online play. The Switch version will.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

free for rare replay owners :getin:

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I take it this isn't the Remake version people were speculating about?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No XBLA remastered version and no online is big sleeping face. I’ll be playing it on the $50 Switch N64 emulator that doesn’t render the water correctly in OoT. With the official N64 controller as God intended.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
They fixed the OOT water at least, maybe Golden Eye will be perfect :unsmith:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

free for rare replay owners :getin:

I won a copy of Rare Replay in some giveaway years ago. Never started it up. I guess free 007 game on Friday? Never played it on N64 either.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sywert of Thieves posted:

I won a copy of Rare Replay in some giveaway years ago. Never started it up. I guess free 007 game on Friday? Never played it on N64 either.

it's good but no online MP on xbosx is fail, a rare L for MS

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

it's good but no online MP on xbosx is fail, a rare L for MS

Yeah really sucks that the choices are:

4k 60fps with no online(albeit split screen)

1080p 15fps with Switch's janky online and no voice chat.

Really feels like a King Solomon situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

Really feels like a King Solomon situation
lol that's a great way to describe it actually.