Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
It is the dawn of the Second Umbral Era of Dunking on Alphinaud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that's not a dunk, that's acknowledging he's too perfect for reality

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If ol' Shinjobi is offered a unified subscription may god have mercy on his soul

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If Alph bought the katana at less than asking price it would have been an insult to Gotetsu imo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Tataru in her Kugane getup is the cutest thing in the universe

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
i'm a lvl 90 GNB and i just healed my first dungeon as a WHM. i feel so powerful. what is this feeling-

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Cleretic posted:

I'd be all on board with unified subscriptions if that's all they did. I'm genuinely very curious about FFXI, and love me some of that 'early MMOs' style crunch and weird, misplaced ambition.

I'm not curious enough to do another subscription, but god drat I'd jump at it in a heartbeat if it was the same subscription.

FFXI is one of those games that unless you have nostalgia or just really want to see early 2000s mmo design is better off just reading about from its heyday. For better or worse the spirit of how it was intended - by the original developers - to be played is long gone.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I started playing XI for the first time during the wait for EW and it's still worth looking at. It's got a lot of really unique little ideas.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Been spending way more time on my house and I'm starting to absolutely love how it's coming together.

The top floor hasn't changed too much, just added some more bits and bobs.

The downstairs is where I've spent most of my time. I want this house in real life.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kazy posted:

I wonder if it'd use the stuff from the cancelled mobile version.

They indicated wanting to bring back unified subscriptions during the 20th anniversary FAQ, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Yeah, there's not much to say. The official post about the change is just about them changing who's actually handling the transmission and processing of your payment. The most notable part of it is the change in what payments won't be available going forward:

quote:

Unavailable Payment Methods: JCB, Carte Bleue, SEPA (Sofort)
Available Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, PayPal, Amazon Pay, Paysafecard
There are also some notices that there will likely be some changes in how the charges show up on statements, that previously allowed transactions may be declined and will need to be reverified and a suggestion to re-register your reoccurring payment once the change happens to prevent any failures if the current processor stops handling them for whatever reason.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Sounds like they've found a cheaper and/or better company to handle their payments. I'm not seeing any connection between that and a hypothetical FFXI subscription

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Qwertycoatl posted:

Sounds like they've found a cheaper and/or better company to handle their payments. I'm not seeing any connection between that and a hypothetical FFXI subscription

There basically isn't, except that this is also something they'd have to do if they were doing that subscription unification that XI's team keeps talking about.

It mostly doesn't matter unless you're specifically Japanese or French, but I do think it's a positive from a bit of a UI experience just because their previous payment handler had a weird feel when doing mog station payments. It's hard to describe.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

This would be a great outfit, except none of the whites match.

...Why is that better.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
They've finally announced the next Valentione's event, and it's got an outfit, an emote (another Eat ______) and a table. The outfit looks nic-

Boooooo

I wonder how long before they remove the gender restrictions on this one...

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Oh poo poo, an all-classes dyeable version of the Qarn Jackcoat? I had no idea there was one. Nice!

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Antivehicular posted:

Oh poo poo, an all-classes dyeable version of the Qarn Jackcoat? I had no idea there was one. Nice!

There's two! Crafting and Gathering take dye slightly differently, mostly in the color of the lapels and decoration.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Onean posted:

They've finally announced the next Valentione's event, and it's got an outfit, an emote (another Eat ______) and a table. The outfit looks nic-

Boooooo

It's weird that they lift gender restrictions from older seasonal event gear and then they release another gender-locked seasonal gear.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Onean posted:

Boooooo

I guess I'd rather they do it like this, and give us two different outfits that might both someday get the gender lock removed, than give us just one outfit that drastically changes its look based your gender (especially because the outfits that do work like that are almost universally designed to show off a lot more skin on female characters).

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Onean posted:

Boooooo

This is especially weird because the datamine people showed them as not gender locked

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Hmmm. Maybe they're not locked, but you only get the one set? That'd be weird, though, unless you can pick up the other set through a currency or something.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dwesa posted:

It's weird that they lift gender restrictions from older seasonal event gear and then they release another gender-locked seasonal gear.

It’s possible those outfits had been designed ages ago. The Heavensturn armor we just got had first appeared in the game files a year or two ago before being removed again and only actually showing up and obtainable just now.

I do hope those Valentione outfits are unisex and that’s just some outdated labels.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Onean posted:

Hmmm. Maybe they're not locked, but you only get the one set? That'd be weird, though, unless you can pick up the other set through a currency or something.

I think the dataminers are saying that the modelling work's been done for making them unisex, but the game will refuse to let you wear the "wrong" one so they're genderlocked in practice, it's just that they could change that by flipping a flag.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Even if they are unisex you only get one set, so you'll have to wait for the Calamity Salvager to get the option to exchange outfits if you want to mix and match.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I would hope you'd be able to get the other set through currency but maybe not. I know that I have both the male and female versions of the set I got when BERT GOT ROBBED as Emissary of Love, and I know I didn't buy them with cash after the fact.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Bert Gang stands strong all these years later I bet the others don't even remember who they voted for

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Been spending way more time on my house and I'm starting to absolutely love how it's coming together.

The top floor hasn't changed too much, just added some more bits and bobs.

The downstairs is where I've spent most of my time. I want this house in real life.

That downstairs is fantastic.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Luckily both outfits are hideous so you don't have to worry about wearing them

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Macaluso posted:

Luckily both outfits are hideous so you don't have to worry about wearing them

:wrong:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Onean posted:

If you hover over the items in the announcement, they have the tooltips from the Lodestone game data. They're gender locked for sure. Extremely annoying.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Ahhhh. I was on my phone and never checked on my PC. Unfortunate.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Vitamean posted:

Bert Gang stands strong all these years later I bet the others don't even remember who they voted for

I voted for Red.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just finished off the ARR sightseeing logs! The timing on some of these is absolutely brutal thank god I had 2 days off and a well timed lunch break to really go at these.

Getting the rest should be a much more chill experience unless there's sonething out there worse than Kugane Tower... :ohdear:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Heran Bago posted:

That downstairs is fantastic.

Thanks! I'm super happy with how it's come along. And I'm only barely over 50% of my furnishing load inside, it's nuts. I still got plenty of room to fill the place out. Should probably put more work into the upstairs bar soon but I keep finding new wall stuff to decorate with downstairs. It's funny because I wouldn't typically call "fresh clean plantlife vibes" my typical aesthetic but I took the idea and ran with it and I love what I've done with it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zaggitz posted:

Just finished off the ARR sightseeing logs! The timing on some of these is absolutely brutal thank god I had 2 days off and a well timed lunch break to really go at these.

Getting the rest should be a much more chill experience unless there's sonething out there worse than Kugane Tower... :ohdear:

I enjoyed them as riddles but yeah the execution in solving was annoying.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Zaggitz posted:

From what I can remember, there are a couple of annoying ones in HW zones (Western Coerthas bridge, Azys Lla where you have to drop into a cave). There's a small jump puzzle in Rhalgr's Reach but if you can do Kugane Tower then it shouldn't be a problem. Don't remember anything in ShB or EW being particularly notable.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
There's a few "jump/fall on a small point" ones and a couple of jump puzzles that can take a bit of effort but still nothing on the Tower.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Rap Game Goku posted:

I voted for Red.

sure you did

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Hogama posted:

There's a few "jump/fall on a small point" ones and a couple of jump puzzles that can take a bit of effort but still nothing on the Tower.

My only complaint about these ones is not being able to do the catboy squat on them like I'm playing Assassin's Creed.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Having a normal day here in Dynamis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Crackerjack posted:

Eventful day in Eorzea, today.

There was a wedding. Spudz & Ruby being the ones tying the knot this time.

Here, the cute couple enters the sanctum.

Oh, sorry. Here they are.

First serious injury of the night, 3 minutes after vows taken.

Then the lovely couple make their exit, mount their frighteningly large marriage chocobo, and fly off to slay an S-rank monster nearby in the Sylphwood. As is custom.

The new property owners of the FC are getting their places organized. I was invited to visit the House of Grem located in Ishgard, which was excitedly described in FC chat as "maximalist" in nature... and described by the surrounding neighbors as "a blight."

This is the right ward, but I wonder where it could be?

Oh! There it is. Eye-watering in its incandescence. Higher resolution. Though, I regret that I didn't better capture the fullness of the wondrous visual cacophony of the lawn fixtures.

There's even room in the basement for activities.

It's only proper to sign the book as you leave.

Thank you to everyone who let me be a part of their evening. I had a good time!

I can see my house from here!