Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Branco continues to be the worst because his outright stupidity and lack of even a scrap of creativity compounds his bigotry to even higher levels. There is nothing this comic could be said to be related to other than wanting to call dems pedos and not liking trans people. Yet, in his head, this is a salient and poignant point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Branco: this would be fine if she was a cis woman.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

VitalSigns posted:

Well there are big demonstrations happening in France right now.

The UK is probably also incapable of revolution, they got it done exactly once and then 20 years later were right back to begging a family of inbred pedophiles to rule over them once again.

Didn't Cromwell try to genocide the Irish

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Farecoal posted:

He did a lot more than try.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Calico Heart posted:

Branco continues to be the worst because his outright stupidity and lack of even a scrap of creativity compounds his bigotry to even higher levels. There is nothing this comic could be said to be related to other than wanting to call dems pedos and not liking trans people. Yet, in his head, this is a salient and poignant point.

What makes it even worse - there isn't even some news story, not even one spun wildly by the right wing outrage machine, that this cartoon could somehow be tied to. No, he just sat down and decided to call Democrats groomers who look the other way as trans people inflict sexual violence on children.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

socialsecurity posted:

The bagging area is where you put your groceries after the scan, it weighs the items to see if you are stealing/grabbing the wrong things.
... isn't that what barcodes are for?

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The scale is so you don't just pretend to scan things, and then pay for only half your groceries.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah, there was one supermarket chain over here that did it that way like fifteen years ago, but everyone hated it. Now most supermarkets just let you take a hand scanner at the entrance, with random checks from employees as the only real security measures. I recently had an annoying encounter where I got the 'please wait for an employee to verify your purchases' message. The way it usually works is that they scan three or four of your products, and then clear you for payment. So as I waited for the employee to come over I started flipping over my groceries so things were barcode up to make it easier for them. They finally come over, see what I'm doing, and give me an annoyed look while making a point of pulling stuff I hadn't flipped over out to scan in stead.

I still prefer any kind self-checkout to a regular register though. What I'm doing with a handle of bourbon, a family-sized box of frozen mini-pizzas and a bottle of chocolate sauce is between me and God.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy
You, God, and their massive data science department.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Farecoal posted:

What does that have to do with anything, did you mistake my comment for an endorsement of Cromwell?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

VitalSigns posted:

What does that have to do with anything, did you mistake my comment for an endorsement of Cromwell?

Yes, my mistake

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Farecoal posted:

Yes, my mistake

Ah okay no worries

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Rishi Sunak and ethics – Rishi Sunak’s political distancing from Nadhim Zahawi has taken another step, with Downing Street refusing to say the prime minister is confident the embattled Tory chair has been consistently honest about his tax affairs"

Telegraph:

National Grid ready to pay customers to cut energy use as cold weather continues

Matt:

Scholz caves in to international pressure on tanks to Ukraine

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Western tanks set for Ukraine as UK questions battle-readiness of Russian rival

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Is it just me, or does basically every caricature of Rishi Sunak that turns up here fit somewhere along the spectrum of "vaguely racist" to "extraordinarily racist"?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

kartikeya posted:

Is it just me, or does basically every caricature of Rishi Sunak that turns up here fit somewhere along the spectrum of "vaguely racist" to "extraordinarily racist"?

If I only got information from UK cartoons I'd assume he's a literal goblin.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

kartikeya posted:

There is probably some racism in there but mostly it is being drawn as a horrific monstrosity like almost everyone else they draw.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yes, we know he's British.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

kartikeya posted:

The red lips are wild. As is the hook-nose. Dude has a big schnoz, but it's not 'that' sort of big nose. I guess his ears are prominent? He looks like a monkey-gremlinoid in the British papers. Maybe they're just drawing his soul?

I just realized China Daily probably took the week off for the New Year.

Le Monde

by Emad Hajjaj from Jordan

Charlie Hebdo

Work until you drop
"It's not that complicated!"

More efficient than a Leclerc tank: France sends street-cleaners to Ukraine

Small President, Small Pensions

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Xiahou Dun posted:

See; succesfully integrated.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just be glad he's usually drawn with clothes on. That's not the norm for anybody in UK politoons.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Hunt11 posted:

There is probably some racism in there but mostly it is being drawn as a horrific monstrosity like almost everyone else they draw.

Yeah, has OP even seen any Boris cartoons? Queen Elizabeth or King Charles cartoons? If anything, those cartoons make him look prettier than he is irl.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:: Australia Day/Invasion Day Edition

Broelman:

Lethbridge:

Shakespeare:

Wilcox:

Spooner:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is "crying shrimp barbie man" australia's equivalent of the crying statue of liberty?

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Skios posted:

What makes it even worse - there isn't even some news story, not even one spun wildly by the right wing outrage machine, that this cartoon could somehow be tied to. No, he just sat down and decided to call Democrats groomers who look the other way as trans people inflict sexual violence on children.

Well, there were news stories, but you need to be drowning in right wing media to know about them. Over the past couple of months, there were at least two incidents where someone saw a trans woman in the women's locker room at the YMCA, completely lost her poo poo, harassed staff about it and got kicked out. Ever so coincidentally a bunch of out-of-town protestors and Proud Boys showed up to protests and city council meetings to protect and support this poor, innocent victim *coughandmaybebeingtransshouldbeillegalcough*. Both incidents were given a ton of coverage by places like lifesitenews. The YMCA and counter-protestors stood their ground, though, so nothing really happened and they eventually went away.

... Of course, Branco getting to it just now, months later, is a very Branco move.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

In addition to everything else that was mentioned, since Branco drew the flasher outside in public, the cartoon only makes sense if he thinks flashing is legal if a woman does it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

In addition to everything else that was mentioned, since Branco drew the flasher outside in public, the cartoon only makes sense if he thinks flashing is legal if a woman does it.

"But that's good because it would give me a boner (unless she's fat or ugly)."

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Cowcaster posted:

is "crying shrimp barbie man" australia's equivalent of the crying statue of liberty?

It's a powerful symbol, you don't want to overuse it.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Trapezium Dave posted:

:australia:: Australia Day/Invasion Day Edition

Lethbridge:

Ketchup doesn't belong on a hot dog, so Australia Day should be about pride and no shame. A Bad Cartoon.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Onion did this one better, Lub.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Nenonen posted:

Yeah, has OP even seen any Boris cartoons? Queen Elizabeth or King Charles cartoons? If anything, those cartoons make him look prettier than he is irl.

Oh sure, I mean there's a naked Boris right in that collection. I don't mean the typical grotesquery, I mean stuff like

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

kartikeya posted:

Short people aren't a race

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

There are mass shootings in all 33 states.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Matt Davies

Pedro X. Molina

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Mike Peters

Ann Telnaes

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Stole this from another thread no clue who the artist is:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Is there any reason why they are English Bobbies with truncheons?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

rodbeard posted:

He's just lucky that he doesn't have debt pants.

Yet.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Debt Sweat

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

rodbeard posted:

Adam Douglas Thompson, for the New Yorker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Politoons edit seen in the wild