Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Tesseraction posted:

I turned myself into a sex offender Morty! I'm prison Rick!

Apparently he's accused of serious and persistent domestic violence and false imprisonment, so the **** can rot for all I care, I don't want to hear from him again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Part of the problem with this is the splitter effect - there's one petition to have all LGBT+ content removed and it did the rounds first, but the counter petitions are disorganised and overlapping - one i've seen is pulling LGB alliance poo poo and asking for LGB to be kept but not T etc, others are duplicates that mean the overall response will seem lower.

It's loving horrible to see, and the comments are full of 'well meaning' 60 year olds asking why kids need to know about "this stuff."

I saw this counter petition but it sort of seems like it's only about primary schools?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/631529

Isn't there a way to report dangerous/illegal petitions?

I'm sure if a petition was started for "Guillotine the rich" it would be removed right quick.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I had a look at the thread and there are people agreeing with him. There are people alive TODAY that took part in those struggles. Living history is being rewritten, these people's hatred have made them insane.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bessantj posted:

I had a look at the thread and there are people agreeing with him. There are people alive TODAY that took part in those struggles. Living history is being rewritten, these people's hatred have made them insane.

It's always been in liberalisms nature to resist all improvements and change before claiming it as one of their victories when it succeeds.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/RedfieldWilton/status/1618266248286015496?s=19

oval office might as well no exist.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Don't know, nothing, no idea LOL

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Apparently he's accused of serious and persistent domestic violence and false imprisonment, so the **** can rot for all I care, I don't want to hear from him again.

Also his documented history of hitting on underage fans.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Speaking of gross sexualisation

https://twitter.com/EmmaSzewczak/status/1618204556881711105

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ SLAVIC EYES

Z the IVth posted:

Isn't there a way to report dangerous/illegal petitions?

I'm sure if a petition was started for "Guillotine the rich" it would be removed right quick.
Supposedly there are guidelines for removal of petitions targetting protected characteristics, and one of those characteristics is gender identity, but I'm sure they'd ignore the complaints on the grounds of 'valid concerns.'

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jan 25, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What's the point in a Polish character written by Rowling when there is already a Jarosław Kaczyński?

Tesseraction posted:

Also his documented history of hitting on underage fans.
https://twitter.com/IndieAlpaca/status/1618017021756870656

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
How does one cause their bejeaned backside to swell seductively? Asking for a friend.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

just writing about an incidental character's seductive slavic arse swaying beneath tight jeans as she climbs the stairs

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
In this thread it's strictly bebeaned backsides that swell.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
1) Become Polish
2) Become TERF
3) PiS jean

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Nilbop posted:

How does one cause their bejeaned backside to swell seductively? Asking for a friend.

Lady butt pads:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/17554537...emis&media=COPY

Just looking up similar for gents.

Become a photoshopped Norwegian police person:

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jan 25, 2023

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
bejeaned, bejaysis

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

his lungs corroded

his intestines rotten and gangrenous

he had a single testicle, black as coal

and his head was full of water

With your powers combined I am Toby Young

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Lady butt pads:
Chair of the House of Lords Commission on lewd pictures of frogs.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Guavanaut posted:

his lungs corroded

his intestines rotten and gangrenous

he had a single testicle, black as coal

and his head was full of water

MOM'S SPAGHETTI.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
there doesn't seem to be a clip of it handy but i can only read everything JK writes in the voice of Poppy off Frasier

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
First you tell people to write about what you know, then you get mad when JK Rowling writes about her Polish cleaning lady.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Lechsinka isn't a name. Why wouldn't you just Google one for Christ's sake??????????

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

keep punching joe posted:

First you tell people to write about what you know, then you get mad when JK Rowling writes about her Polish cleaning lady.

If I was Rowling's cleaning lady I too would pretend not to understand English cognates, in the hope she would stop talking to me

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lechsinka isn't a name. Why wouldn't you just Google one for Christ's sake??????????

She once wrote an Asian character called Cho Chang.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Polish cleaning wizard Surówka Ziemniak

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
At least the cleaner probably got paid. Despite the wizards in her books being able to magically tidy up a mess with just their special powers, they still use slave labour as domestic servants.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
wasn't there an arsonist wizard called Seamus Fenian or some poo poo too?

Harry Potter and the Four Chan Grade Stereotypes

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
An exclusive private boarding school in the Highlands where most of the pupils and staff are English is pretty accurate imo.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

gently caress it's this isn't it?

https://twitter.com/DarthGrapes/status/1618201535472885760

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Seamus Finnegan the Irish wizard who accidentally blew things up a lot

And it's not quite as bad but let's not forget Lee Jordan the black sports commentator

And Kingsley Shacklebolt jesus h christ

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Although that does seem a bit clever for her names. Do research? Why would a writer need to do that, you just make it all up.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

I can't recall his last name, but he was definitely Seamus O'Stereotype and he loved blowing things up.

And lest we forget, remember that when Rowling was asked why there were no Jewish wizards she claimed there was one in her personal series bible - but not in the books, of course - who also had the most massively stereotypical Jewish name you can imagine. I can't be arsed looking it up, but it really was something like Abraham Goldstein. She's not just bigoted against transfolk.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Anthony Goldstein, Ravenclaw

Jewish wizard.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

And as soon as you start thinking even slightly about how the werewolves are coded it gets pretty uncomfortable.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

This is such a good breakdown of what’s wrong with Harry Potter that it’s worth the listen despite being as long as some of the movies. Tl;dr Rowling is not only a massive bigot, but also a massive centrist totally unwilling to consider any societal change as a positive outcome no matter how deep-rooted the flaws.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Dabir posted:

And as soon as you start thinking even slightly about how the werewolves are coded it gets pretty uncomfortable.

Or the hook nosed goblin bankers?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
what a oval office

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Grand imperial wizard Rowan Jowling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Or more likely https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lech_Wa%C5%82%C4%99sa

The man often described as ending communism in Poland. A dock worker who called for a strike that ended up bringing down the Soviet puppet government, who was later made the president for his victory.