Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I joked that Rogan started an animation dept to do cartoons of his podcast and hired roiland to head it and my friend was like oh god why can't i find any news on this pls god no

i'd like a joe rogan cartoon where he's still his character on newsradio and andy dick didn't indirectly kill phil hartman and the whole cast is alive and friends who hang out in real life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
What happened to innocent until proven guilty in a court of law?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I was sad the Andy Dick lion died but I still lol when I remember the Radio from Brave little Toaster whooped his rear end

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

mind the walrus posted:

The worst part is that if the new Richard and Martin is anything less than stellar you won't hear the loving end of it from dipshits

its been less than stellar since the third season

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

mind the walrus posted:

It depends entirely on how comfortable he's playing in the diet-fascism scat pit that is right wing media and how much he mourns being buried/forgotten/left behind by the people who used to ride his dick nonstop

Roiland strikes me as someone who actually believes his own poo poo about being this sweet misunderstood nice guy who only had his victims best interest in mind while he groomed them, so he'd have a hard time hitting the chud track because he's just not self aware enough to know that he's a loving monster and that the best thing to do is surround yourself with other like likeminded social dead ends and start repeating their chants

Like he wants his creative outlets to be smart and subversive (or at least appear that way) and chuds are the worst demographic for that, they're cunning and cruel but they are not clever in the slightest so anything more than Just Repeat The Catchphrase will bounce off them

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

kntfkr posted:

don't know. how rich do you think he is? i refuse to let google autofill "CELEBRITY NAME NETWORTH" ever out of weird class hatred stuff i got going on. BUT the consequences and his response will probably depend on how much money he has. although his behavior and subject matter speak to addiction and all that entails soooooooooooooo maybe suicide? idk OP

Lol no way he would pwn himself he isn't even going to get any time probably just like home arrest at worst because he suffered enough already being out through this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

PyPy posted:

For the government? Absolutely. But unless you're suggesting that all that evidence against the pedophile shithead was fabricated or something I struggle to see how any reasonable person could feel they don't have adequate information to reach a personal judgement on the matter.

Plus the courts are a loving sham and I don't think many people still have faith that they uphold that justice stuff they pretend to care about.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

PyPy posted:

He's guilty in my Brain Court of Law, the one that says that a white dude associated with a cartoon being accused of being a rapist probably is bang on the money

The other courts you can pay through with money and clout aren't nearly as good or successful

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

PyPy posted:

that became a dumbass point since OJ Simpson

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Caesar Saladin posted:

that became a dumbass point since OJ Simpson

Oh really, that was the first time the court system was gamed? drat

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Rusty Venture is consistently shown to be a monster in a skinsuit, just one so pathetic from trauma that the audience is let in on so you can understand why he is that way. He routinely abandons people to hateful fates that permanently ruin their lives and buries the evidence, and is objectively and explicitly a statutory rapist/deadbeat dad. Like yeah the show is ultimately forgiving and even kind-of sappy, but that's way worse. You do get how it's worse right?

Rickets and Multigrain is terrible in an entirely different way, but like Venture Bros. is still some gross rear end Gen-X apologia for trust fund babies.

I get how it's funny. Its a very funny cartoon show.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Oh really, that was the first time the court system was gamed? drat

Don't be snarky, it was clearly the most high profile and egregious version of it happening, one of the most watched and televised trials of all time and should have shown everyone that it was all a clown show.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mind the walrus posted:

The worst part is that if the new Richard and Martin is anything less than stellar you won't hear the loving end of it from dipshits
yeah that's the worst part for sure

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

They're going to whine about it regardless, don't worry

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Crespolini posted:

I get how it's funny. Its a very funny cartoon show.

Yeah really makes you poo poo your pants and slap your balls. Hire me Adult Swim I'm not remotely talented or charismatic but women are afraid to be alone with me.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

They're going to whine about it regardless, don't worry

True but one outcome will make me whine about it more and no one wants that.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah really makes you poo poo your pants and slap your balls. Hire me Adult Swim I'm not remotely talented or charismatic but women are afraid to be alone with me.

For me it makes me laugh, personally. One of the things I remember now as were talking about it is when the Rusty gets kidnapped, and the kidnappers feel so bad for him they invent a fake festival to cheer him up, that they then have to put on for thirty years so he never figures it out.

Good luck with the woman problem though, yeesh!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Crespolini posted:

For me it makes me laugh, personally. One of the things I remember now as were talking about it is when the Rusty gets kidnapped, and the kidnappers feel so bad for him they invent a fake festival to cheer him up, that they then have to put on for thirty years so he never figures it out.

Yeah I can see why stories about being coddled would be the one thing to stick. And they say people here are irony-poisoned lmao.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

mind the walrus posted:

Yeah I can see why stories about being coddled would be the one thing to stick. And they say people here are irony-poisoned lmao.

Being coddled is very much the vibe, I agree. I think you've understood not only the show itself perfectly, but also the joke of the specific fictional scenario, so I'm glad we could find common ground in the end.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

PyPy posted:

I was thinking about that. Like should people wait and see what comes of the trial.

for me personally its the creepy DM's

What is the pattern of behavior? messaging teen age girls, grooming them, saying "edgy" poo poo.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

mind the walrus posted:

I mean, it was already bad. That the show wore out its gimmick/premise in the second season I'm pretty sure will be agreed upon even by alot of people who initially liked it.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Trolling the richer mormer thread with my sick vb takes

Anyway i hope roiland gets the chair and he makes a funny shrieky voice while doing meta commentary

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Cartoon hot takes.

I think Bojack Horseman was a very well made show, but I couldn't watch all of it, and everyone I knew who adored it were exclusively people who dug themselves a hole in life and refused to ever do anything about it, and nothing was ever good enough for them.

The goon in a hole as it were.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

syntaxfunction posted:

Cartoon hot takes.

I think Bojack Horseman was a very well made show, but I couldn't watch all of it, and everyone I knew who adored it were exclusively people who dug themselves a hole in life and refused to ever do anything about it, and nothing was ever good enough for them.

The goon in a hole as it were.

I love Bojack but I totally get why people wouldn't wanna watch it, it's depressing as gently caress.

Maybe check out Tuca and Bertie though. It's from the same team but it's a lot more upbeat and surreal

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

arsenicCatnip posted:

I love Bojack but I totally get why people wouldn't wanna watch it, it's depressing as gently caress.

Maybe check out Tuca and Bertie though. It's from the same team but it's a lot more upbeat and surreal

All Netflix "adult animation" is trauma depression with a thin veneer of comedy and that show fits right in.

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

satanic splash-back posted:

All Netflix "adult animation" is trauma depression with a thin veneer of comedy and that show fits right in.

Yeah, the difference is that Bojack is good :agesilaus:

Really though the "cynical rear end in a top hat main character" concept is oversatured in animation for sure but I think it helps that Bojack was about him trying to become better, had him go up and down throughout the series. Plus it gave equal focus to a bunch of characters who weren't total dicks which I think helps

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
They should bring back bojack but have roiland voice every character

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Fuckin cartoons, man

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

PyPy posted:

Innocent until proven guilty is a court thing, not a public opinion thing.

If I start telling my friend at work "I wanna beat my boss with a baseball bat" I don't have to be found guilty of beating him to be fired. I do need to be found guilty to go to prison. I hope this helps explain a very basic piece of adult human life.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Innocent until proven guilty is a court thing, not a public opinion thing.

If I start telling my friend at work "I wanna beat my boss with a baseball bat" I don't have to be found guilty of beating him to be fired. I do need to be found guilty to go to prison. I hope this helps explain a very basic piece of adult human life.

Sounds like cancel culture in action!!1!1!!

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

PyPy posted:

Lmao. Trials take years, up to half a decade to complete. Imagine Roiland went on a mass shooting spree, was caught on camera, multiple eye witnesses and by your logic Cartoon Network has to go "Oh jeez, but he's not convicted yet. I guess we still have to let him voice our show until then".

Just say that you don't want to believe what happened unless you absolutely have to. It's more honest.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Little known OJ fact, it can also mean "orange juice.'

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Guy was an insufferable poo poo and judging by his brand of humour it doesnt surprise me he turned out to be a sex pest.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Little known OJ fact, it can also mean "orange juice.'

This can't be true! That's impossible!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

PyPy posted:

The charges aren't what he was fired for, it's all the screen shots of him hitting on teenagers in grotesque ways. No court of law is needed for that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

While I'd prefer that the guy who made the terrible R&M cartoon wasn't also a domestic abuser sex pest who creeped on teenagers, at least some good has come out of this: per the A.V. Club, apparently Adult Swim is bringing back Aqua Teen Hunger Force. :unsmith:

E: also :lol: at that "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" post

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Crespolini posted:

YeH that one rules. VB rules

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Sydney Bottocks posted:

E: also :lol: at that "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" post

I assume it was a troll. It was too god drat on the nose.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

fishing with the fam posted:

I assume it was a troll. It was too god drat on the nose.

nah who would troll about due processes

Alot of details are sealed, and notice people next to Justine are not sticking their necks out. Plus again have the DM's of his poo poo behavior.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*extremely ancient roman proletariat voice*

innocent? guilty?? COURT????? "LAW"??!??????!?????!??!????
you mean the building i pay prostituting lawyers to lie for me in; unless im against some rich gently caress who can buy the court, in which case its a better idea to just kill myself????

edit: or did you mean the modern version where its pretty much the exact same thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

arsenicCatnip posted:

Yeah, the difference is that Bojack is good :agesilaus:

Really though the "cynical rear end in a top hat main character" concept is oversatured in animation for sure but I think it helps that Bojack was about him trying to become better, had him go up and down throughout the series. Plus it gave equal focus to a bunch of characters who weren't total dicks which I think helps

I think the main redeeming feature of Bojack is that in the end, it's not redeeming; Bojack serves justice for his crimes and most of his friends have severed from the sad, toxic rear end in a top hat that used to bring their lives down.

IIRC Rick & Morty tried to do the same thing with an early season finale, then in the next season it's immediately revealed that it was just a master plan for Rick to own everyone even harder and go on winning :shepface: