Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
another vehicle straight out of gta5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Uthor posted:

They out built the Ford SYNus, huh.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_SYNus

Now I see where the MV-1 got its styling.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

They finally made a car for Karens who are terrified of the world around them.

https://twitter.com/BrianiRanger/status/1617445866201141248

Christ, is that Doug Demuro's wife/sister? I hate everything about this.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Holy poo poo is that beyond terrible

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

MetaJew posted:

tHiSsSSsS.....is a physical manifestation of my untreated mental illness on a backdrop of a fundamentally sick society!

e: I hope little billy gets pepper sprayed whenever mommy tries to unlock the door

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

redgubbinz posted:

tHiSsSSsS.....is a physical manifestation of my untreated mental illness on a backdrop of a fundamentally sick society!

e: I hope little billy gets pepper sprayed whenever mommy tries to unlock the door

Thats definitely going to happen. Also, with a heavily modified escalade, someones definitely going to get accidentally locked in and be unable to break the bulletproof glass

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

STR posted:

Now I see where the MV-1 got its styling.

I actually saw one of those the other day and could hardly believe it. Civilian owned as far as I could tell, too.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Thats definitely going to happen. Also, with a heavily modified escalade, someones definitely going to get accidentally locked in and be unable to break the bulletproof glass

I was *just* thinking of a scene in The Peripheral where the most ethical used car dealer sells an up-armored SUV to a drug running biker gang, gets them all inside and then puts it into lockdown mode with the heat blasting on a 100 degree day. (To eliminate his competition of course)

The MV-1 was designed to help people though, if you want to sell ugly vehicles it has to hurt people, or at least look like it hurts people.

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 23, 2023

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
there's an MV-1 about a mile from my house, i always wondered what it was till STR posted that link

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

MetaJew posted:

Even muted I only made it 10 seconds.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianiRanger/status/1617445866201141248?t=sUBi7PYGXzwVMsPmxPNAyw&s=19

Verhoven stopped making satire when reality became the joke

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

No. 6 posted:

Verhoven stopped making satire when reality became the joke

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Holy poo poo is that beyond terrible

BraveUlysses posted:

another vehicle straight out of gta5

All of this

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

this is perfect for all those situations where I need explosive proof armor and also pepper spray will suffice

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I actually saw one of those the other day and could hardly believe it. Civilian owned as far as I could tell, too.

Don't see many of them left anymore. The ones you do see are the older ones based on the 4.6; the 3.7 used in later models isn't as bulletproof. Not that you saw many to begin with.

I think it'd be kinda neat to get one and build up the drivetrain, then take it out to a drag strip. They're incredibly heavy (~5300 lbs), but that's nothing forced induction and NAWZ can't fix cause the entire drivetrain to scatter tiny bits everywhere. A stock 4.6 bottom end can take close to 500 WHP if you don't beat the poo poo out of it constantly.

redgubbinz posted:

The MV-1 was designed to help people though, if you want to sell ugly vehicles it has to hurt people, or at least look like it hurts people.

I mean... they were built purely for function, no thought was given to form (hence the 2.5+ ton curb weight). What do you expect when a military contractor builds a civilian vehicle?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fellatio del Toro posted:

this is perfect for all those situations where I need explosive proof armor and also pepper spray will suffice

Ballistic armor is purely defensive. Sometimes you need something on the offensive side that's less than the "attempted murder" of actually hitting someone with your tank and more like "simple assault".

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Rockstar really needs to nerf the OP combo where you can't let go of the electrified handle and they just drive around pepper spraying you until you die

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

redgubbinz posted:

Repeatedly tazing your kids with the door handles when you pick them up from school because you're paranoid everyone's out to get you.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Olympic Mathlete posted:

https://twitter.com/BrianiRanger/status/1617445866201141248?t=sUBi7PYGXzwVMsPmxPNAyw&s=19

Not interested unless it has built-in flamethrowers

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

mobby_6kl posted:

Not interested unless it has built-in flamethrowers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLhWzMOccTg

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

CommieGIR posted:

Cannot wait to watch the first car chase because some Karen got a little wasted and went on a drunk driving spree. Its gonna happen.

If there’s video someone will have to dub in the Space rear end in a top hat song because that thing looks exactly like the EDF staff cars from Red Faction Guerrilla .

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yess that's exactly what I was thinking of!

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rp1zs12wSP1r0uzl6.mp4

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

What a screaming piece of poo poo.

Powershift posted:

If that first one was a 911 it would still be worth $15k.

The second one, the bumper looks like a ~75 olds cutlass

e: Yeah, mid 70s Cutlass.

Agree. Rear suspension and frame look right for a 74-77 A-body. Can't see enough of the engine and trans, but starter is on the correct (driver's) side for an Olds V8.

Holy cow, that's cool.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I bet they're sick of the snow and can't wait for spring :dadjoke:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Regardless of whatever the gently caress actually just happened, surely if that had worked out without anything breaking, the stuck van was going to get pulled forward and left directly into the back corner of the parked black C-Max?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

:commissar:

https://twitter.com/mvmoxford/status/1618313775295389696?t=j8f3b_X7Acbt1Etk7VI5Xw&s=19

*edit: terrible in a different manner

https://twitter.com/masklayer/status/1618667660618911745?t=7Puxx4B5Q7MZRmuZk8CU1A&s=19

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 26, 2023

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

that's some good Rube Goldberg poo poo right there

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
What hath humanity wrought

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

This reads like a massive security hole waiting to happen.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Can't park there, sir!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Why not just make the buttons push on the touchscreen

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Why would they even do that to the Benz. Do the guys breaking poo poo not want it?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

everdave posted:

Why would they even do that to the Benz. Do the guys breaking poo poo not want it?

If my experience with working with subcontractors is anything to go by all they care about is getting the job they’re paid to do over and done with as quickly and with as little effort as possible.

To be fair even if the guys on the ground did want to save it, it’s doubtful the contractor would spend the money to retrieve it intact.

Leper Go-getter
Nov 7, 2010
I got a lease on a brand new car, after years of misc used cars. Big reason for this move was i wanted android auto. I just liked it. USB C is proving reliable. Phone is charging. The interface is, to me, intuitive. It's updated, hell I think it just had a gui update and it's still fine. It has neat features.

So for some loving reason this is unacceptable for old Volvo. No, eat poo poo loser we, JUST now, made a deal with Googl, we're running some bastard android OS with a gimped up play store. Yeah, get some bitch rear end audio book apps and an easypark. No aerial, only internet, (free data, but ONLY for spotify and audio apps and it is slow and just dies if you cross into another country) But you can hotspot off your phone if the car loses reception. And you have to log onto your car so you get your app accounts synched and so on. By driving this car you accept google terms and conditions, say thank you. And offcourse the spotify app is nerfed, it wont even load the whole playlist. No skip 15 seconds when playing podcasts (real nice for ads).
Hell the stereo sucks too wtf give me some mid's and percussion or do i have to sawzall im some fullrange speakers?
Atleast twice, climate control did not load in on startup.
V60 hybrid wagon.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Similar to GMs new infotainment. It's making me loathe android auto.

Let me use my phone I update every few years instead of some poo poo hardware that you are stuck with.

Give me a big basic screen to display my map if I want, a USB port to charge or stream MP3s via a thumbdrive and a bluetooth for the same if I wish from my phone. The most basic controls for jumping ahead 10-20 seconds (as ^^ said) is great.

gently caress forcing me to make an account anywhere or force me to jump through hoops so I can use my god drat radio, and to make it worse they actually HAD this with their older system.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

Can't park there, sir!

Those Duke boys sure get around these days!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Passed a car driving in the breakdown lane with a flat tire shooting torn rubber all over the place. Have fun fixing that one!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What's the "the Russians used a pencil" of this scenario

(since everyone else is doing the same thing I'm sure)

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Data Graham posted:

What's the "the Russians used a pencil" of this scenario

(since everyone else is doing the same thing I'm sure)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-6ZCaanVAA&t=167s (or really, any garage54 video would fit here)

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Cacafuego posted:

Those Duke boys sure get around these days!

Some day the missile silo might get'em but the law never will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Uhhh

quote:

Jay Leno reportedly suffers broken bones in motorcycle accident months after garage fire
The comedian, who sustained serious burns after his vintage car erupted in flames Nov. 12 in his Los Angeles garage, reveals he was knocked off his bike Jan. 17.

Speaking to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the comedian and talk show host revealed that he was knocked off his motorcycle Jan. 17 in an incident that left him with a broken collarbone, two broken ribs and two cracked kneecaps.

“But I’m OK!” Leno, 72, reportedly told the outlet. “I’m OK, I’m working. I’m working this weekend.”
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/jay-leno-suffers-broken-bones-motorcycle-accident-garage-fire-rcna67797