Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Oh, I missed it was standard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23892228/25-2-2-patch-notes

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

jesus rest in piss Gnoll and DH questline

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

on one hand good, gently caress those decks

on the other lmao there's still so much unfun shirt that's just going to rise to the top now

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
For quoting purposes :)

:

quote:

Nerfs:

Wildpaw Gnoll - Text now says "Costs (1) less for each non-Rogue class card you’ve added to your hand." Also noted that dual class cards that are also Rogue will not discount the card.

Sinstone Graveyard - minions no longer have Stealth.

Final Showdown - first phase of the quest now requires you to draw 6 cards instead of 4 in a turn.

Sinful Brand - now costs 2 mana instead of 1.

Shockspitter - now a 4 mana 3/3

Glacial Advance - your next spell now costs 1 less instead of 2.

Astalor Bloodsworn - First phase now has a Manathirst cost of 5 (up from 4), second phase has a Manathirst cost of 8 (up from 7), third phase now deals 7 damage + 7 more damage at Manathirst (10) (down from 8+8)

Buffs:

Battlefield Necromancer and Boneguard Commander - now summon 1/3 taunts instead of 1/2

Unholy Frenzy - Mana cost reduced from 3 to 2

Wither - Mana cost reduced from 2 to 1

Bonecaller - now a 2/5, up from 2/4

Haunting Nightmare - Both the card and the tokens it spawns are now 4/3, up from 3/3

High Cultist Basaleph - Mana cost reduced from 5 to 4

Dar’Khan Drathir - Mana cost reduced from 8 to 7

Infantry Reanimator - Mana cost reduced from 6 to 5

Vengeful Walloper - Mana cost reduced from 7 to 6

Energy Shaper - Now a 3 mana 3/4 instead of a 4 mana 3/5

Vast Wisdom - Mana cost reduced from 3 to 2

Timewarden - Now a 3 mana 3/4 instead of a 4 mana 3/5

Asvedon, the Grandshield - Now a 3/4 with Taunt instead of a 3/3

Disruptive Spellbreaker - Now a 4/6 instead of a 4/5

Last Stand - Mana cost reduced from 4 to 1, card text now says "Draw a Taunt minion. Manathirst (7): Double its stats."

Remornia, Living Blade - Now a 5/10 instead of a 4/10

Nellie Pirate Ship - Pirates are now discounted by 2 mana instead of 1.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope they give a refund for Maestra too because Gnoll was the only reason to play her

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Excelzior posted:

on the other lmao there's still so much unfun shirt that's just going to rise to the top now

I just made legend for the first time in some months using the evolve shaman deck posted some pages back. Be interesting to see how that goes as its unaffected by the nerfs /buffs.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Excelzior posted:

yeah, yesterday I got hit for 32 by a mine Warlock on turn 7 and I decided that was enough Hearthstone for several days

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Interesting changes.. I think doing 2 additional cards on final showdown was probably the correct move because it means that DH will need to include more "pure" card draw in their deck to meet the requirements and the big mana cheat turns will likely happen later in the game than they do now.. but the card was also buffed inasmuch as it's now even more mana cheat than it was before. More unwieldy for sure though.

**and of course those DK buffs are bad news for arena, especially the Battlefield Necromancer which should now be completely busted (it was already very good) and glacial advance wasn't a think in arena..

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
That change to Eternal Summoner in BGs was clever

quote:

The change to the Gnoll/Maestra interaction is a major change to the class [...]

Better give us a Maestra refund too, then

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That Last Stand change is kind of spicy, not sure there’s a specific taunt minion good enough for Warrior to make good use of it, but 1 mana to tutor and double the stats is very good

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Patch is up, no refund on Maestra. Not super surprising, but if they're explicitly calling out that interaction in the patch notes, they should probably go back and change it.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
Yikes, that change to Gnoll probably kills Rogue as a class in Standard for now. Hopefully they have something good planned for the mini set.

At least this will make the community happy for 15 minutes before they go back to complaining Druid nonstop.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That Last Stand change is kind of spicy, not sure there’s a specific taunt minion good enough for Warrior to make good use of it, but 1 mana to tutor and double the stats is very good

There's that 4/8 Taunt, Rush, Untargetable but dunno if that would be good enough to warrant it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Luff posted:

That change to Eternal Summoner in BGs was clever

Idk if the change was enough. There's a bunch of situations where it's a buff.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

When Pigs Cry posted:

Patch is up, no refund on Maestra. Not super surprising, but if they're explicitly calling out that interaction in the patch notes, they should probably go back and change it.

it's confusing because when they nerfed far watch post or w/e it's called they gave a dust refund on the legendary minion that re-summoned your watch posts which seems like a comparable situation.. I mean Maestra doesn't specifically reference the Gnoll, but the Gnoll was one of like 2 cards in the game that worked off of the Maestra interaction so Maestra as a card is clearly impacted by this change

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Well, Asvedon post-buff is another Taunt minion with what is theoretically a useful utility effect. If Warrior can get a large enough pool of utility minions with taunt, it could be useful as "one mana, draw a card with a useful effect and maybe give it enough stats to be a threat".

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

McSharpie posted:

Yikes, that change to Gnoll probably kills Rogue as a class in Standard for now. Hopefully they have something good planned for the mini set.

At least this will make the community happy for 15 minutes before they go back to complaining Druid nonstop.

I'm not so sure: After Deathrattle/Draka Rogue were gutted, there was a lot of testing on various Rogue builds that didn't use Maestra, and they lasted a good while until the Gnoll build was found to be better. Rogue isn't Tier S anymore, but I don't think it's automatic that all Rogues have dropped out of Tier 2. Hell even 5-mana Draka has a shot now if everything has been powered down.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Control warrior trip report: Still garbage. Or maybe my list is just bad.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

No real changes for blood DK directly except for the Astalor nerf, nobody played boneguard commander post-renathal anyway and making them 1/3s instead of 1/2s on turn 8 or later doesn't seem to matter much. Rogue and shockspitter being nerfed makes this a net positive for Blood overall unless the undead aggro stuff ends up being powerful or something else pops up.

I'm thinking mostly from a Reno DK perspective since that's what I've been playing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Toshimo posted:

Idk if the change was enough. There's a bunch of situations where it's a buff.

Maybe, but only summoning one is going to slow the scaling a bunch.

Putricide can't give it reborn or poisonous anymore at least.

Edit: misread the patch notes and didn't see the summoner got reborn natively.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 26, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Maybe, but only summoning one is going to slow the scaling a bunch.

Putricide can't give it reborn or poisonous anymore at least.

it still summons two; the reborn summoner still has the deathrattle

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Chernabog posted:

Control warrior trip report: Still garbage. Or maybe my list is just bad.
Likely that it's not your fault because imo control warrior has been designed out of the game. There's just too much easy value generation/refill in other classes to grind them out and too many kill combos that you can't counter significantly enough. The combo aspect is less severe atm but the value generation has been steadily pushing ctrl warrior out for a long time now.

There recently was this ctrl list in high legend that worked for a time (not sure if it still does). From what I could figure out its win con was "play against aggro and hope your draw lines up" or "akwardly flail and then use alex into astalore to sneak a kill sometimes". That's based on my games with it in low tier ladder/casual so I'm probably wrong seeing how players were getting rank one legend with it. But then again high legend is usually a specific meta.

With the patch I fully expect warrior to stay bad overall because you still can't grind people out and still have no new win con. Hope to always match against aggro I guess?

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

This won't save warrior but it's close to being good enough to see play imo. Like you obviously want to play this on 7 and then need an impact minion on 8 because just having stats is not good enough at that point. Stalwart is interesting because 8 damage removal that leaves a taunt body behind is in line with what ctrl warrior wants. The issue is that you probably won't just play a four card package here because it has too many cases where the draw card is dead but adding more taunts also screws with your consistency on stalwart. So you play uuh prime drake? And no small taunts for early defense? There's just too many shaky pieces to this I think. Fully expect it to see experimentation and then get put aside until we know what the mini set has.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

No real changes for blood DK directly except for the Astalor nerf, nobody played boneguard commander post-renathal anyway and making them 1/3s instead of 1/2s on turn 8 or later doesn't seem to matter much. Rogue and shockspitter being nerfed makes this a net positive for Blood overall unless the undead aggro stuff ends up being powerful or something else pops up.

I'm thinking mostly from a Reno DK perspective since that's what I've been playing.

If they wanted to buff that card they should remove the taunt from the commander. Probably still not worth it but much better.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

GTO posted:

I just made legend for the first time in some months using the evolve shaman deck posted some pages back. Be interesting to see how that goes as its unaffected by the nerfs /buffs.

I have absolutely no idea how the meta shakeup is going to affect it but it's definitely a deck people have been sleeping on.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Things have slowed down enough that durdle blood dk is back at least on the climb to d5.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Meatbag Esq. posted:

Things have slowed down enough that durdle blood dk is back at least on the climb to d5.

Durdle blood dk never really left and I’m honestly pretty baffled by it. It seems like a worse ramp Druid in almost every single way

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I’d like to applaud the BG changes for making that revolve around loving Brann as well.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Been on a serious tear with undead priest. The only card I’m not completely 100% sure on is Serena; an Incorporeal Corporal could fit, but there isn’t anything super obvious that I’d want to put there instead of Serena

### Undead Shadow
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Undying Allies
# 2x (1) Arms Dealer
# 2x (1) Banshee
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (1) Voidtouched Attendant
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Mind Eater
# 1x (2) Serena Bloodfeather
# 2x (2) Twilight Deceptor
# 2x (3) Cathedral of Atonement
# 2x (3) Haunting Nightmare
# 2x (3) Shadowed Spirit
# 2x (4) Grave Digging
# 1x (4) High Cultist Basaleph
# 1x (5) Darkbishop Benedictus
# 2x (5) Shadow Word: Undeath
#
AAECAaCsAwSf6wO79wP5lgXipAUNoegDo/cDrfcD4aQEhoMF7pEFhpMFiZMFkpMF6pQFoJkFk50FlMQFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Jambre's Proving Grounds DH is so corny

but it works!

### Proving Grounds
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Dispose of Evidence
# 2x (1) Dreadprison Glaive
# 2x (1) Sigil of Alacrity
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Mark of Scorn
# 2x (3) Chaos Leech
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (5) All Fel Breaks Loose
# 1x (5) Need for Greed
# 2x (5) Topple the Idol
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 2x (6) Masked Reveler
# 2x (6) Proving Grounds
# 1x (7) Xhilag of the Abyss
# 1x (10) Neptulon the Tidehunter
#
AAECAdD8BQTIgASHiwT+vwS/zgQNifcDivcDmfkDyoAEhI0Etp8E7KAEvsoEpeIEy+0E6e0EhpIFi5IFAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Been on a serious tear with undead priest. The only card I’m not completely 100% sure on is Serena; an Incorporeal Corporal could fit, but there isn’t anything super obvious that I’d want to put there instead of Serena

### Undead Shadow
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Undying Allies
# 2x (1) Arms Dealer
# 2x (1) Banshee
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (2) Mind Eater
# 2x (3) Shadowed Spirit
# 2x (4) Grave Digging
#
AAECAaCsAwSf6wO79wP5lgXipAUNoegDo/cDrfcD4aQEhoMF7pEFhpMFiZMFkpMF6pQFoJkFk50FlMQFAA==
#

This is fun. Got to live the double Voidtouched + Astalor dream just now (granted he was already at 9 health, but still)

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I have absolutely no idea how the meta shakeup is going to affect it but it's definitely a deck people have been sleeping on.

Yeah it's also got some interesting decision making. I'm pretty sure evolving your hero power totem using the location is the right t2 play most of the time which feels like it should be weak. And there are several different win conditions you can cheat out without evolving huge boards, eg using bloodlust or the 'minions deal 3 damage when they die' card.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

### Undead Shadow
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (0) Undying Allies
# 2x (1) Arms Dealer
# 2x (1) Banshee
# 2x (1) Foul Egg
# 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
# 2x (2) Mind Eater
# 2x (3) Shadowed Spirit
# 2x (4) Grave Digging
#
#

Wild version for anyone who wants it:

### Undead Priest
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Animate Dead
# 2x (1) Shadowcloth Needle
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (3) Amulet of Undying
# 2x (3) Scourge Rager
# 2x (3) Shadowed Spirit
# 2x (3) Twilight's Call
# 2x (4) Bonecaller
# 2x (4) Grave Digging
# 2x (4) Grave Rune
# 1x (8) Invincible
# 1x (8) Xyrella, the Devout
#
AAEBAZ/HAgS79wPoiwT5lgXfogUN0cECqeIC2awD+98DoegD9PEDjIEEmfUEhoMFpJEFpZEF7pEF6pQFAA==
#

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
I had been playing casual wild per Desert Bus's suggestion and having a lot of fun. I tried a game of Standard after the patch, my opponent got a Denathrius on turn 3 through evolve Shaman. Back to wild until the miniset, except for weekly quests.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

I had been playing casual wild per Desert Bus's suggestion and having a lot of fun. I tried a game of Standard after the patch, my opponent got a Denathrius on turn 3 through evolve Shaman. Back to wild until the miniset, except for weekly quests.

The power creep is so terrible that Casual Wild is accessible to everyone. People there generally aren't playing to win or lose, they're playing to have fun. By far my fav format. You see so much random off-meta poo poo and you can play terrible off-meta poo poo. I love it so much.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

lololol yes

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

The power creep is so terrible that Casual Wild is accessible to everyone. People there generally aren't playing to win or lose, they're playing to have fun. By far my fav format. You see so much random off-meta poo poo and you can play terrible off-meta poo poo. I love it so much.

Can you complete the achievements in casual wild?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

GTO posted:

Can you complete the achievements in casual wild?

Quests work, Achievements need Ranked/Duels/Arena/BG. :(