Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Poque posted:

Troy is very good!

It's nice to see a LL champ and one of the without question best quizzers on the planet do really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

HookShot posted:

It's nice to see a LL champ and one of the without question best quizzers on the planet do really well.

eagerly waiting for monday's episode to see if he comes in wearing four scarves

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

HookShot posted:

It makes me doubly happy knowing how much it must be irking Yogesh.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HookShot posted:

I'm finally in on LL starting next season! Excited to give it a go.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
the best part is the questions

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

BaronVonVaderham posted:

It makes me doubly happy knowing how much it must be irking Yogesh.

Troy reminds me of Buzzy so much (maybe the music background?) and the "happy to be there" attitude with the game.

Plus, he hasn't yet made one of his anecdotes "I played trivia against James Holzhauer and won".

He, genuinely seems like a normal, cool guy.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

He's a total Gabe (I don't know his name on Silicon).

For real, tho. He met his wife anonymously online only to practice Jeopardy for her appearance. She was in a relationship. After it aired they later hooked up and married.

The Sean fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 27, 2023

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

The Sean posted:

(I don't know his name on Silicon).

Jared. Or OJ. Or Donald.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

Shout Outs to Ben on Wheel of Fortune, the most goon contestant in a while, who collects video games, goes to pro wrestling events, and insists that Jogging is NOT "fun and games"

just a real breath of fresh air from the usual "well pat I have an (adjective) spouse and # (adjective) kids"

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Shout Outs to Ben on Wheel of Fortune, the most goon contestant in a while, who collects video games, goes to pro wrestling events, and insists that Jogging is NOT "fun and games"

just a real breath of fresh air from the usual "well pat I have an (adjective) spouse and # (adjective) kids"

Hah that guy was great. Wheel needs more fun contestants.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

That guy was toeing the line of getting on my nerves throughout the game, but yeah; he was a nice change. The "(adjective) spouse and (adjective) kids" thing is especially obnoxious on that show.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I want to give a SHOUT DOWN to my GARBAGE husband and my WORTHLESS kids.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
There was a Wheel contestant this week who said he wanted to be the next host of the show.

You could tell Pat was pissed.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

He makes like $300k for a day's work and doesn't seem to put much effort into it. I'd be pissed off at the thought of someone coming for my job too.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Poque posted:

I want to give a SHOUT DOWN to my GARBAGE husband and my WORTHLESS kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKvlRISCIzY

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I have a wife and 3 kids and I work in a button factory

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Cognac McCarthy posted:

He makes like $300k for a day's work and doesn't seem to put much effort into it. I'd be pissed off at the thought of someone coming for my job too.

He really phones it in, and the job's already a joke

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Does he? He's a dumpster in real life but I've always felt like he does a great job hosting.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I mean if anyone's phoning it in it's Vanna IMO. Don't get me wrong, I think she did a great job hosting when Pat was out a few years back but her role on the show seems completely vestigial at this point.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Poque posted:

Does he? He's a dumpster in real life but I've always felt like he does a great job hosting.

I'm being unnecessarily critical, but it seems like he figured out his formula decades ago and could do it in his sleep now. I'd do the same tbh

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Jeopardy needs a board lady

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

There really isn't a need for Vanna these days. They could just digitally show the letters - don't even need the touchscreens.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I'm not suggesting they get rid of her or anything. She's part of the show's DNA at this point.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Do you think they're actually touchscreens or is a guy pressing buttons on a board somewhere

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Pat Sajack gives off more "keep these vile, poor Midwesterners away from me" vibes than anyone else on TV and it's not particularly close. I have never seen someone care less about their job

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Well, I don't know about that so much but I think you can tell when Pat does and doesn't like contestants. If Ken has ever disliked a contestant, it's never come across (to me) by the way he interacts with them; maybe he's better at hiding it than Pat.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pat is pretty good when he wants to be. I like when he calls out players like the other week someone was like a loving genius guessing things with 4 letters exposed and later he guessed one letter and says, "You sure you dont know this one either?".

But most of the time it's the same old poo poo. You can only do so much and he repeats the same things every. single. game. Jeopardy at least has near infinite variety.

Pat: $700
Pat: No E's.
Pat: Oh no, Bankrupt. The wheel isn't kind tonight!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

CPColin posted:

Do you think they're actually touchscreens or is a guy pressing buttons on a board somewhere

I've seen a few times recently where she pushed it and nothing happened so she had to push it a couple more times. I think they are real touchscreens that she has to activate.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I hope a producer points out to middle podium guy that his "clapping" by banging his fists together doesn't look great when the bottom hand is not visible from the camera's POV :jerkbag:

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Did anyone get the FJ question? NBC cut through with the Memphis Police video news.

e: Sorry; I don't mean to come across like I don't care about what's happening in Memphis. Thanks, Baron.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jan 28, 2023

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Goddamn Memphis Police for dropping that loving video right before Final Jeopardy. I don't necessarily blame NBC for breaking through with a report; it obviously is national news but of course they have to milk it with twenty minutes of droning talking heads.

Did anyone get the FJ question?

In the episode? No, triple stumper.

Any of us? I did but only after the 2nd contestant answer was revealed so it was late.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Getting massive bad vibes from this smirking twat.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

In so many of these games the third place contestant is way behind two good players. You just hope they have the brains to bet nothing in case it's a triple stumper and they can steal second place if the second place person bets everything. It's nice to see someone actually do that.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

spoilers for today's episode (27 jan)

shame to see troy go out after 6, but if we could go ahead and start getting a very high number of four-day champs i'm cool with it

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm a day late on this, but Ben used to write for the Torch, one of the bigger wrestling sites years ago, and compared himself to Sting spinning the wheel at Halloween Havoc, so he's cool w/ me even if it was a little much.

https://twitter.com/BTuckerTorch/status/1618649898223804417

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

At least jeopardy, we already know the name location and occupation by Inside Jeopardy Guitarist Johnny Gilbert so everything else is just "hey, it says here in college you used to have a Bizarre Job to make money?"

And then you find out somebody worked as a translator for anime or something.

There's nothing you could really do with "Televisedinsanity from Something Awful Forums, tell us about yourself"

Uh.... I like... food?

"That's great, pick up those signaling devices for the $2,000 toss up, WHAT ARE YOU DOING is the category"

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Im here with my amazing wife Mangosteen and we have 3 wonderful kids Bigpeeler, Fiestacat and Groverhaus

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
"So I understand you were once protected by the stairs in your house?"

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Years ago, when you did the paper test with a bunch of other people at convention center, they told you to list five facts/bits for if you got on the show. (This couldn't have been long before they lifted the 5-day limit.)

With a life as boring as mine, it was very hard to come up with five things about myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Years ago, when you did the paper test with a bunch of other people at convention center, they told you to list five facts/bits for if you got on the show. (This couldn't have been long before they lifted the 5-day limit.)

With a life as boring as mine, it was very hard to come up with five things about myself.

i went back to look at the contestant release i submitted and let me tell you what I led with:

quote:

Recently in a fast food drive-thru, I couldn't find my credit card. The woman at the window said "Are you John?" I didn't know how she knew my name, so I said "Yes..." and she let me know I had left it there the day before, at the same drive-thru and hadn't even realized it until I tried to get food the next day.

the other four are somehow even worse