Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
True Hunter S. Thompson story:

I used to have a friend who was an editor at the SF Examiner. This was during HST's time writing there. My friend hated him. He said he was the worst writer he ever had to deal with. Most of the stuff he submitted needed heavy editing just to make it readable. I still like HST but this story reminded me of the original Star Wars and I wonder just how much the myth of HST is based on good editors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I like Nicky Gervais but I'm a little worried at how dad rock he's gotten, considering he's probably half my age lol

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

True Hunter S. Thompson story:

I used to have a friend who was an editor at the SF Examiner. This was during HST's time writing there. My friend hated him. He said he was the worst writer he ever had to deal with. Most of the stuff he submitted needed heavy editing just to make it readable. I still like HST but this story reminded me of the original Star Wars and I wonder just how much the myth of HST is based on good editors.

It’s almost as if he was on drugs or something

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
The Tokyo Game Show is Decadent and Depraved

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i just watched the "secret ending" for the cyberpunk review because i'm sick and put on some tim while i play monhun. this guy.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
BINGO!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Failed run if Cloud isn't named "Bonkey" or something

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

saw four B'z box sets on a coworker's desk and it turns out she's a superfan, and she was astonished that I'd ever heard of them

so I sent her the "At Icepick Velocity" deleted scene (the 17-minute long anti-B'z monologue) from the TM review by way of explanation and am expected to be :sever:ed any minute now

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What is a B'z box set?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Not much, what’s a B’z box set with you?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7T9l3QFvCo

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Now I understand how y'all felt when I bumped the thread a few weeks ago lol

Give us another video, Tim, I need another 6 hour hyperfixation to be engrossed in.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The default assumptions for the thread being bumped are:
A) New video
and/or
B) Tim dead

There’s a potential third for Truck Heck coming out but lol at that ever happening.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is there protocol for Tim cancelled

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

ritual self-immolation, tossing oneself onto the pyre to the sound of bingo.wav

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Smugly post how you never donated to his patreon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

General Dog posted:

Is there protocol for Tim cancelled

Everyone gets banned

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fridge corn posted:

Smugly post how you never donated to his patreon

:smugshep:

gone? Guess so.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

beer gas canister posted:

i like to think of NCG as a good enthusiast topic writer, like Robert Traver was to fishing. Tim is more like Hunter Thompson, laboriously mapping his pathology onto the topic and uncovering new perspectives in the process

What happened to NCG. He hasn't uploaded in half a year

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Thundercracker posted:

What happened to NCG. He hasn't uploaded in half a year

He's been on a road trip to make another travelogue video

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
It's weird how B'z debuted as a synthpop group before morphing into the dad rock machine it is now.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

"imagine if a mentos commercial lifted a lot of weights...and then killed your dad" is an all-time Rogersian phrase

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
It's not a new Tim Rogers vid, but Archipel put out a teaser about their upcoming Kenji Eno documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_H8QBFtUWE

The cast of talking heads is impressive.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I voted this thread a 5 "Go hog wild!"

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Also the newest episode of the Insert Credit podcast is more than two hours of Tim and Brandon Sheffield (so of course mostly Tim) talking about the video games of 2022 - the ones that they didn't get to on their actual 2022 GOTY episode.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks like new vid stream starting https://www.twitch.tv/actionbutton

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Infinite AI-generated Tim Rogers reviews

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

As with every tim friday stream, it seems more a litany of grievances

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Obv if he starts streaming something I was wrong but we’ll see!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Lol at thinking Tim would randomly release a video before multiple huge "it's coming Soon" Patreon posts spaced apart a few months

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjpVptsxAH8

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

For the love of God people stop bumping the Tim thread when there’s no new Tim it’s an emotional rollercoaster

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Such beautifully melancholic music

History Comes Inside! posted:

For the love of God people stop bumping the Tim thread when there’s no new Tim it’s an emotional rollercoaster
lol

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Bumping the Tim thread just because I can

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I hope tim's doing well. When I peek in on the friday streams he usually seems just kind of generally irritated but maybe that's what being in a Creative State is like for him

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I respect his opinions on video games and the effort he puts into his work, but if his streams are anything to go by I suspect he is bad at actually playing video games.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

started listening to insert credit while on the stationary bike and nearly fell off when Tim described Elden Ring as having a case of the early onset "all-timers"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is Da Tim a Chinese name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Dijkstracula posted:

started listening to insert credit while on the stationary bike and nearly fell off when Tim described Elden Ring as having a case of the early onset "all-timers"

lmfao