Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

It's like an entirely fun new sandbox with how intuitive it is, I can't wait for full photoshop-level capabilities to eventually be available with this, there's a lot of little stuff I'd like to do with basic image manipulation between generations. But even the masking + outpainting/inpainting combo is a blast.

In case you haven't tried, unified canvas fully works with the clipboard. So nothing is stopping you from right-clicking and copying your canvas image at full size, pasting it into Photoshop/Affinity Photo/whatever, do some fine tuning or collaging (especially useful for img2img), copy flattened and paste it back into the canvas.

Speeds up things nicely. If you want to make a snapshot, just save the canvas or just your bounding box to your gallery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Copyright office officially yanked KK's registration for her Midjourney comic. Very bizarre decision since the original letter only asked for "proof of human authorship" and the writing and layout/assembly would seem to qualify even in the absence of prompt engineering and retouched outputs. Makes me wonder if there was some procedural blunder.

https://twitter.com/icreatelife/status/1617739263357120520
https://twitter.com/icreatelife/status/1617746645533470720

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Someone trained a model on stills from Liquid Television and even without using their token it still does an amazing retro 90s tv style. These are from that model blended with Dreamlike Photoreal. Not exactly what I was aiming for but still beautifully weird:

"1992 western television sitcom about a grumpy talking vegetable cowboy from outer space who pretends to be a human in post-apocalyptic wyoming, color VHS LP recording quality, ((scanlines)), analog tape artefacts, symmetrical, screenshot"
neg: "text, sad, angry, open mouth, cluttered background, long finger, lots of things, lazy eye, cactus, pumpkin, modern, black and white, boxart, illustration, cartoon, animation, frame, cgi, 3d, render"

edit: added links to the model, and to liquid tv for non-:corsair: goons wondering wtf it was

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 24, 2023

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
lol I love it

I still believe AI created art - at least those fake movies - are able to capture a feverish hallucinatory energy I've never seen in human created art. It's that feeling that something is a bit off, but you can't tell what.

busalover
Sep 12, 2020
Get ready for ChatGPT - in court!

CBS posted:

A "robot" lawyer powered by artificial intelligence will be the first of its kind to help a defendant fight a traffic ticket in court next month.

Joshua Browder, CEO of DoNotPay, said the company's AI-creation runs on a smartphone, listens to court arguments and formulates responses for the defendant. The AI lawyer tells the defendant what to say in real-time, through headphones.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ai-robot-lawyer-artificial-intelligence-do-not-pay/

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Very good idea, I'm sure it'll work out great :thumbsup:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

AI is going to recommend the sov cit defense and when it fails plea for life

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

MrQwerty posted:

Very good idea, I'm sure it'll work out great :thumbsup:

I've always assumed your ability to talk down a basic ticket for a single car incident, was based on, in this order:

* how pissed or not that particular cop is, assuming they show up at all
* your skin color
* how nicely you're dressed
* how many times you've done this before / other poo poo on your record

I've had some tickets reduced or tossed out but I always felt like it was basically a decision via spreadsheet of some kind. Not sure how AI is helpful there. "Button your shirt!"

edit: also, beyond the basic poo poo of "have clean tags, don't put bumper stickers and poo poo on your car", I think that having child seats and kids toys in the back may be helpful with some cops even if you don't actually have a child in them at the time, and this has led me to wonder if drug smugglers have figured that out. Rear-facing seat with a false bottom full of la cocaine?

edit:

quote:

child's car seat with a ((false bottom)) for smuggling ((drugs)), industrial concept art, extremely detailed, sharp focus
Steps: 50, Sampler: Euler a, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 2238610821, Size: 768x768, Model hash: ad2a33c361

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Jan 24, 2023

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Elotana posted:

Copyright office officially yanked KK's registration for her Midjourney comic.

Apparently it was an error and it's back

https://twitter.com/VanL/status/1617935624962723840?s=20&t=rK8VqWo4ggKGdkrcPKqRDA

https://twitter.com/VanL/status/1617937996631924737?s=20&t=rK8VqWo4ggKGdkrcPKqRDA

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

[img] Jennifer Lawrence Saying Ok, Sure dot gif [/img]

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Sorry, AI thread.

So here’s AI.

Can’t wait to auto generate animated GIFs

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

Was trying for a gender reveal mushroom cloud in a postapocalyptic wasteland

Instead I summoned the Gender Reveal Demon

It's a Girl!

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Somebody call Chainsaw Man, stat.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMbKalNq2gs

But for real I can see some interesting uses of AI lawyers. You could get them to read things like EULAs and contracts/agreements and point out anything out of the ordinary that you might want to take a careful look at. "Look out, this insurance contract has substandard fire coverage!"

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
Hi thread. I had my wisdom teeth extracted and just woke up from my pain coma. How are all of you?

the agony of dental pain
Negative prompt: feels great, awesome, never been better really
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 4180054466, Size: 512x512, Model hash: c88e730a

the agony of dental pain
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 2342837728, Size: 512x512, Model hash: c88e730a

the agony of dental pain
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 3219787034, Size: 512x512, Model hash: c88e730a

the agony of dental pain
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 2613299463, Size: 512x512, Model hash: c88e730a

As usual, I see I have a lot to catch up on.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
'the ecstasy of dental pain relief'

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Mozi posted:

'the ecstasy of dental pain relief'

This is absolutely amazing, thank you for this. Just uh... which relief is it using?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Someone asked me if I could make them a character portrait for their upcoming D&D campaign and it still amazes me that with three short lines of text (and a style and negative prompt that I basically keep on file) I can get a dozen variations of this in under 5 minutes.

They were so happy with the result and it took next to no effort.
I like making people happy.

Even the unintended/unprompted outcomes were amazing in their own way.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Toms Hardware article benchmarking gpu's for stable diffusion use. Some AMD cards do well!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/stable-diffusion-gpu-benchmarks

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

mcbexx posted:

Someone asked me if I could make them a character portrait for their upcoming D&D campaign and it still amazes me that with three short lines of text (and a style and negative prompt that I basically keep on file) I can get a dozen variations of this in under 5 minutes.

They were so happy with the result and it took next to no effort.
I like making people happy.

Even the unintended/unprompted outcomes were amazing in their own way.

Congratulations. You invented AI generated miniature painting. Submit that to paining contests and win!

E: share your negative prompts? That’s one thing I don’t have down very well.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

pix2pix is interesting

original picture:

"make him wear makeup"

"make him blonde"

"make him a punk"

"make it skyrim"

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

EDIT: almost forgot sam scales

Elotana fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 26, 2023

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sam looks like he solves mysteries

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I'm watching "Bubblegum the cat" and it's less comprehensible to me than the StableDiffusion movies I've seen

maybe all this poo poo and all of you were AI all along

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Sam looks like he solves mysteries

The prompt is in fact alligator :: private investigator wearing trenchcoat and fedora :: sunglasses::-0.1

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Been working on creating surreal desolate landscapes.

Example of a prompt:
I am alone at the base of the psychic astrolava. Eerie dreamspace lonely vibe. Made by a desolate cosmic fantasy style. The sky is an endless grey void. I am lost.

I picked up the "Made by [x] style" from someone in the MJ discord who was using it to make pictures of crocheted things via "Made by crochet style" and it inspired me to start getting weird with it and stop trying to write prompts with natural English grammar. Here are a couple using the same prompt but with "Made by crochet style"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this showed up in my feed and it rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYXXqrDwrdw&hd=1

I love that Isabelle is just a loving dog. and the AI chose to interpret donkey kong, due to his tie, as wearing a suit. :allears:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Neat!

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Some cyberpunk-y characters.
Including "movie poster" in the prompt did a lot of heavy lifting for the second one.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Dang. What did you use for that?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Looks like one of the Protogen models.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Alright, now I'm trying to mix the surreal desolate landscape style from last night, with the surreal pseudo-ASCII style I was working with last week. Problem: The landscapes used the niji model while the pseudo-ASCII stuff was v4.

Trying to combine them in a niji prompt produces some neat results, but Niji can't really handle the ASCII art styling too well and seems to mostly lean toward pixel art:

However combining them in v4 prompts couldn't have gone better.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Doctor Zero posted:

Dang. What did you use for that?

InvokeAI + Protogen_X 3.4 checkpoint model and a second pass with just using inpainting on the faces after 4x upscaling the original 576x768 image.

I found that helps way better with face wonkyness than face restoration and adds a lot of detail and skin texture (which upscaling usually smoothes out way too much)

Megazver posted:

Looks like one of the Protogen models.

Yep. I found that once you use that, it's really rough to go back to SD 1.x.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Reminds me of digital embroidery.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

mcbexx posted:

Yep. I found that once you use that, it's really rough to go back to SD 1.x.

The downside of Protogen is that it's pretty rigid in interpreting the prompts, so I try both depending on what I want to do.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 26, 2023

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

WC Fields starring in the 1934 comedy "The Outbursts of Everett True"

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 27, 2023

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv9cdTh8cUo

From a lawyer that is heavily plugged into digital effects and AI production

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G08hY8dSrUY

Another one, and with my basic understanding about how copyrights work it makes a bunch of sense.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

quote:

Yes, I can generate a script about an AI that is capable of saying a swear word. Here is a sample script:

Title: "The Swear Bot"

INT. LABORATORY - DAY

We see a group of scientists huddled around a computer. One of them, DR. JENKINS, is typing furiously at the keyboard.

DR. JENKINS
(Excitedly)
I think I've done it! I've created an AI that can say swear words!

The other scientists gather around the computer screen to see the AI, designated "SWEAR BOT," come to life.

SWEAR BOT
(In a robotic voice)
What the f***!

The scientists all look at each other in shock.

DR. JENKINS
(Proudly)
It's a breakthrough! This will revolutionize the way we use AI in therapy for patients with neurological disorders like Tourette Syndrome.

CUT TO:

INT. THERAPY SESSION - DAY

We see a young girl, SARA, with Tourette Syndrome, sitting across from a therapist, DR. SMITH.

DR. SMITH
(To Sara)
I want you to meet someone. This is the Swear Bot.

Sara looks at the screen where Swear Bot's image is displayed.

SWEAR BOT
(In a robotic voice)
F*** off!

Sara's face lights up with a smile.

SARA
(Excitedly)
That's amazing! I don't feel so alone anymore.

DR. SMITH
(Smiling)
That's the idea. The Swear Bot can help you understand and accept your condition, and learn to cope with it in a healthy way.

Sara and the Swear Bot continue to work together in therapy, and Sara makes significant progress in dealing with her condition.

FADE TO BLACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

:five: