Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

oh right I should probably replace my Raiden with a "Geo Attack +30%" artifact already, lol

that's how lazy I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Asimo posted:

Seriously though how the gently caress do you people get your hands on poo poo like +30% crit substats while I've managed maybe +15% crit or +20% critD tops all of around four times and only one of those was on the same artifact. And I've been farming this poo poo for months or years...

:negative:
It's funny I wouldn't have leveled that feather normally but my deepwood feathers were all bad. Not anymore!!!!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

Yeah, the whole point of all of those rotating perks and penalties -including some that change from floor to floor- is to encourage different teams. The fact you can just smash through everything with certain high powered comps is a sign of how much higher the power ceiling is vs the floor required to play. Which makes sense, since so much of what you have is RNG dependent and the game has to be playable with the terrible phone controls.

they dont actually put the rotating buffs on floor f12 though
and if you can beat floor 12 with no buff then you can definitely beat floors 9 through 11 unbuffed with the same team, so there's no real reason to build around the per-floor gimmicks since you'd need to change your team up again for f12 anyways

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Leyline disorder and abyssal blessings are separate, so you still have the rotating gimmick that you can play into regardless of floor 12 having no disorder. Unless the system is truly stupid and it does nullify blessings? I don't use them to dictate my teams very often so I could've missed that.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
They should just bring back Labyrinth Warriors.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Asimo posted:

Seriously though how the gently caress do you people get your hands on poo poo like +30% crit substats while I've managed maybe +15% crit or +20% critD tops all of around four times and only one of those was on the same artifact. And I've been farming this poo poo for months or years...

I have a lot of really good flowers and feathers since they are so much easier to find good ones thanks to not having to worry about the main stat. I think I'm always in short supply of good att% sands.

Thankfully dendro gives a lot of options that let you not worry about substats so much

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

run the artifact route an level up pieces you might not have, otherwise. The RNG is a fickle mistress, and the only way to beat her is to keep playing. That being said, two 30% Crit damage substats on the same set is pretty nuts. I have most of my crit stats split between Tightnari and Nahida, having both built instead of one really well built.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Did most of the event. Still the best character.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

Did most of the event. Still the best character.

I agree entirely cloud cretAINER

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

One must respectfully disagree with your assessment

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Venti and Kazuha's conversation on the Alcor after the quest is over is great, bonding over being banned from drinking due to baby face.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

Space Opera posted:

Venti and Kazuha's conversation on the Alcor after the quest is over is great, bonding over being banned from drinking due to baby face.

Beidou basically having a "this tall to enter" but for drinking tickles me greatly.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No Wave posted:

I don't think Haitham is turbo strong but I get why a lot of people like him. You kind of just turn spread on and hit away and it works, I remember wanting a character that just does sword attacks on field back in 2021. I'm gonna go Haitham/Fischl/Kuki/Yelan which lets me keep Cyno/Nahida/Beidou/Xingqiu for the other side.

I take it back, Harbinger of Dawn is too good in Kuki comps. 3* sword it is.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Not a fan of Tsurumi island requiring like 4-5 RL days to do. This poo poo is dumb.

I really wish I liked Inazuma more than I do. It's got a lot of great characters and potential but I'm constantly annoyed by aspects of it and overall it feels like a lot of potential that is never fully realized.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Watasumi island is one of the coolest areas in the game and I was thrilled when I first explored it.

...now there's nothing there and I just never go back

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 27, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Down with Inazuma!!!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Watasumi island is one of the coolest areas in the game and I was thrilled when I first explored it.

...now there's nothing there and I just never go back

It'd be nice if I could go get my fortune read by that nice old lady, at least. The other capital island has fortunes…

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Beidou basically having a "this tall to enter" but for drinking tickles me greatly.

That's definitely a cover, the truth is she knows exactly what sort of awful poo poo'll happen if some anemo-holders get pissed and start loving with the winds.

Finishing up (hopefully) Jehtquest 2.0, and:
a) why would I want to turn sandstorms on?; and
b) goddess of flowers is an angel lol

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm high and I can definitely say Xiao is cute as gently caress. everything about him. stupid cute boys.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

What the gently caress I just pulled a Skyward Blade too....from the "regular" gacha

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

I'm high and I can definitely say Xiao is cute as gently caress. everything about him. stupid cute boys.

why are angsty characters such thirst traps?

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Coolness Averted posted:

why are angsty characters such thirst traps?

I mean if there's anything Lantern Rite has taught us is the Xiao just needs to go hang with people more often. Maybe he needs to go hang with Kazuha the next time when the Alcor is going somewhere. Kaz seems like someone he'd get along with.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ReverendHammer posted:

I mean if there's anything Lantern Rite has taught us is the Xiao just needs to go hang with people more often. Maybe he needs to go hang with Kazuha the next time when the Alcor is going somewhere. Kaz seems like someone he'd get along with.

His character quest shows that he's correct to avoid people. But the Traveller isn't from the world, so Paimon might have to give them some space so we can hang out with him and he can socialize a person without the threat of poisoning them with karma. I assume it's Traveller, Zhongli, maybe archons in general. Good question on if it would deteriorate Raiden, Scaramouche, or Albedo or not.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

Zenostein posted:

Finishing up (hopefully) Jehtquest 2.0, and:
a) why would I want to turn sandstorms on?; and
b) goddess of flowers is an angel lol

After Dirge of Bilqis I'd love it if Jeht became a playable character at some point. I mean with what she went through she's deserving of a vision much like Rana or Scaramouche. Guessing it would most likely be Pyro.

A couple of other comments regarding the new desert area: 1) the time rewind/forward mechanic in the Orchard of Pairidaeza was pretty neat, 2) was very amused at how the chessboard at Safhe Shatrani is basically six teleport waypoints in one spot.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

His character quest shows that he's correct to avoid people. But the Traveller isn't from the world, so Paimon might have to give them some space so we can hang out with him and he can socialize a person without the threat of poisoning them with karma. I assume it's Traveller, Zhongli, maybe archons in general. Good question on if it would deteriorate Raiden, Scaramouche, or Albedo or not.

Hmmm, fair point. And that is an interesting idea on if he'd have any affect on puppets/homunculi. Maybe he could go hang with Kathryne?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ReverendHammer posted:

Hmmm, fair point. And that is an interesting idea on if he'd have any affect on puppets/homunculi. Maybe he could go hang with Kathryne?

We gift him a phone after our adventures in Fontaine with all their incredibly advanced-yet-lagging-behind-robots technology and get him to open up a bit more. Poor guy's not acting like an antisocial anti-hero because he wants too.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ReverendHammer posted:

After Dirge of Bilqis I'd love it if Jeht became a playable character at some point. I mean with what she went through she's deserving of a vision much like Rana or Scaramouche. Guessing it would most likely be Pyro.

A couple of other comments regarding the new desert area: 1) the time rewind/forward mechanic in the Orchard of Pairidaeza was pretty neat, 2) was very amused at how the chessboard at Safhe Shatrani is basically six teleport waypoints in one spot.

1. I noticed that she was doing hydro damage as a helper, actually. Took me a while to realize why there were blooms showing up occasionally. It's a shame they didn't give her a cool summon like the higher-tier eremite enemies, though. Perhaps later, the end of this quest feels powerfully to be continued…

2. Yeah, and "oh, that's what that does."

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So I only have a few characters that I don't have right now, what's the right order to prioritize all these characters?

Kokomi seems to be integral to a lot of teams, we don't have a ton of Dendro characters right now so Al Haitham comes next and after that I don't know.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

Zenostein posted:

1. I noticed that she was doing hydro damage as a helper, actually. Took me a while to realize why there were blooms showing up occasionally. It's a shame they didn't give her a cool summon like the higher-tier eremite enemies, though. Perhaps later, the end of this quest feels powerfully to be continued…

Oh poo poo... I never noticed that either. I mean my current overworld team is Yelan/Rosaria/Kazuha/Raiden so I probably have enough reason to never notice it. And yeah, wouldn't surprise me if there were more Jeht stories especially with some bits about Matriarch Babel.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

So I only have a few characters that I don't have right now, what's the right order to prioritize all these characters?

Kokomi seems to be integral to a lot of teams, we don't have a ton of Dendro characters right now so Al Haitham comes next and after that I don't know.

Subjectively, I'd probably put the order something like this

1. Alhaitham is a big enabler for dendro teams, letting you run two really juicy ones at once or playing well together with Nahida.
  2. Kokomi is a general purpose workhorse, great for all freeze teams, pretty solid for bloom teams too. She could be #1 instead of Haitham idk.
  3. Nilou is a pretty unique playstyle? But she has exactly 1 team basically. You can either put her here or dead last depending on how much you want to play The Nilou Team. I wouldn't want her without kokomi since she needs an all-hydro-dendro team or Mihoyo turns her passive off, so it's either her or Yaoyao (IDK how good yaoyao is for this). You can use Barbara if you have neither though and the team is still good, but you already have good teams. As far as Nilou teams go they have great aoe and are very brainless to play + easy to get to a solid damage level for new / undergeared players, you just hit level 90 and flail indiscriminately as Nahida and everything explodes.
  4. Ayaka has a very good burst and works well in freeze teams, and only freeze teams. Not too different from freeze Ganyu who you already except that her damage is more frontloaded. Notably you can use both of them together in a burst-focused freeze team and have them battery each other. Kind of fiddly to play without Kokomi as she otherwise has trouble keeping stuff frozen in an AOE.
  5. Cyno is kind a cool hyperbloom / quickbloom character but mostly just serves as a sidegrade / change of playstyle to the existing hyperbloom teams you can already make with raiden/kuki. Has notably long rotations due to his super long duration burst. Also being burst focused makes him not that great for open world stuff. Pull him if you think the QTE thing is fun.
  6. Tartaglia is only really used in national team variants with Xiangling, and he has some kinda annoying cooldown management gameplay where if you stay in his stance too long you screw yourself over and break your rotations by extending its cooldown too much. However he does have really high upfront damage in those teams due to the ability to vaporize his beefy single-hit burst before swapping to xiangling support duty, so if you wanna speedrun stuff...
  7. Yoimiya does fire damage. She's pretty good at it! You already have a bunch of other characters who are pretty good at doing fire damage. Pull her if you play on mobile and really like the idea of deleting stuff by mashing one button.
  8. Shenhe is just a second 5* weapon for Ayaka. She basically doesn't do anything interesting, you just put her in a freeze team in place of Rosaria (or in place of Ganyu in the Ganyu+Ayaka freeze team), EQ swap and watch damage numbers go up with basically 0 changes to gameplay from what you were doing before. (You need kokomi for this since she doesn't have heals to replace Diona).

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jan 27, 2023

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

ReverendHammer posted:

Oh poo poo... I never noticed that either. I mean my current overworld team is Yelan/Rosaria/Kazuha/Raiden so I probably have enough reason to never notice it. And yeah, wouldn't surprise me if there were more Jeht stories especially with some bits about Matriarch Babel.

Yeah, on top of that the sole remaining elder (according to a list jeht has in her tent) has been saying different ominous things at every stage. At the end, he says something to the effect of, "I hope you'll help me if I need it." Also, when I was checking something on the wiki I saw Babel's got some interesting throughts, if you've got nahida. There's definitely more to come.

I only noticed because in an incredible display of questionable judgement, I did the last bit with my friendship team of heizou, layla, tighnari, dori. That dragged fights out long enough that I got to actually see what Jeht was up to while we defended the stupid door opener, because I wasn't instantly murdering everything.

Still hate how necessary anemo was for that entire questline. It annoys me to have an anemo and not bring a second to at least get the benefit of running a bit quicker, even if "swirl a bunch of elements" is probably the quickest way to deal with most things in the desert.

:/ Some day, I will get to properly try out my yaoyao.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Zenostein posted:

2. Yeah, and "oh, that's what that does."

She is variation on https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Eremite_Desert_Clearwater so that is where her move set comes from.

Her Dad was a https://genshin-impact.fandom.com/wiki/Eremite_Daythunder variation as well. Could see them both fighting in Quest that introduced them.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
With the combined powers of Kokomi, Raiden, Nahida and Alhaitham, I finally got my first floor 12 clear tonight. 32 stars.

The Nahida-Kokomi-Shinobu hyperbloom squad is so good that it didn't even die to the rifthounds after I brought along a deadweight level 70 Ningguang for the Wolflord.

FractalSandwich fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jan 27, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Kokomi for sure. And then Nilou. HYDRO IS THE TRUE ENDGAME

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 27, 2023

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Sadly I have neither but I hope to pick up Yelan during her rerun and hopefully she keeps me Hydrated for awhile ha ha

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Get Shenhe and make a hyper carry Qiqi team

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

Kokomo is hands-down the best healer in the game and a good hydro spreader. Al spreads dendro, which is nice but not integral. Everyone else is optional, roll on them if you think they’re cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Best healer in the game is bennett. Most healing in the game is Qiqi. Roll kokomi if there are teams you want to use her in (f/e with Nilou).

Goes for any character btw look at their teams and see if you want to play them. Having kokomi around wont make your tighnari or hu tao stronger.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

just roll for Shenhe because RGB eyes :swoon:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Subjectively, I'd probably put the order something like this

1. Alhaitham is a big enabler for dendro teams, letting you run two really juicy ones at once or playing well together with Nahida.
  2. Kokomi is a general purpose workhorse, great for all freeze teams, pretty solid for bloom teams too. She could be #1 instead of Haitham idk.
  3. Nilou is a pretty unique playstyle? But she has exactly 1 team basically. You can either put her here or dead last depending on how much you want to play The Nilou Team. I wouldn't want her without kokomi since she needs an all-hydro-dendro team or Mihoyo turns her passive off, so it's either her or Yaoyao (IDK how good yaoyao is for this). You can use Barbara if you have neither though and the team is still good, but you already have good teams. As far as Nilou teams go they have great aoe and are very brainless to play + easy to get to a solid damage level for new / undergeared players, you just hit level 90 and flail indiscriminately as Nahida and everything explodes.
  4. Ayaka has a very good burst and works well in freeze teams, and only freeze teams. Not too different from freeze Ganyu who you already except that her damage is more frontloaded. Notably you can use both of them together in a burst-focused freeze team and have them battery each other. Kind of fiddly to play without Kokomi as she otherwise has trouble keeping stuff frozen in an AOE.
  5. Cyno is kind a cool hyperbloom / quickbloom character but mostly just serves as a sidegrade / change of playstyle to the existing hyperbloom teams you can already make with raiden/kuki. Has notably long rotations due to his super long duration burst. Also being burst focused makes him not that great for open world stuff. Pull him if you think the QTE thing is fun.
  6. Tartaglia is only really used in national team variants with Xiangling, and he has some kinda annoying cooldown management gameplay where if you stay in his stance too long you screw yourself over and break your rotations by extending its cooldown too much. However he does have really high upfront damage in those teams due to the ability to vaporize his beefy single-hit burst before swapping to xiangling support duty, so if you wanna speedrun stuff...
  7. Yoimiya does fire damage. She's pretty good at it! You already have a bunch of other characters who are pretty good at doing fire damage. Pull her if you play on mobile and really like the idea of deleting stuff by mashing one button.
  8. Shenhe is just a second 5* weapon for Ayaka. She basically doesn't do anything interesting, you just put her in a freeze team in place of Rosaria (or in place of Ganyu in the Ganyu+Ayaka freeze team), EQ swap and watch damage numbers go up with basically 0 changes to gameplay from what you were doing before. (You need kokomi for this since she doesn't have heals to replace Diona).

I feel guilty that I don't have much to say in response to all the information but thank you so much for the in-depth breakdown of character strengths.

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Kokomo is hands-down the best healer in the game and a good hydro spreader. Al spreads dendro, which is nice but not integral. Everyone else is optional, roll on them if you think they’re cool.

Oh I I know they're all optional, I already have like 40 characters as is and still have to gear up about 18 artifacts wise. I was just curious about who people consider good out of who I missed since I'll never do lvl12 abyss unless it becomes a complete cakewalk gimme just for the plat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ranked by my order of preference.

Kokomi - I use her in almost any team that can slot her. She's also king of multiplayer and can save most teams from being slaughtered.

Ayaka - Still one of the broken damage dealers. She's the star of most cryo teams

Nilou - Nilou bloom is its own meta team that is enabled by her. The only downside is she really likes having her signature weapon, and can be annoying to equip. This could easily change in the future.

Shenhe - If you like Ayaka or Ganyu as cryo main DPSs, then pick up Shenhe. At C0 she can still pack a mighty punch to the above, who are already really strong DPSs in their own right.

Cyno - On field DPS that really shines in hyperbloom teams. How you feel about him may be related to how much you like swapping. I don't have him, so take that as second hand.

Alhaitham - I don't have him, but alot of people like his on field dendro playstyle. Pairs well with spread or Nilou teams

Yoimiya - Yoimiya is definitely a good pull, but she will duplicate the roles for characters you've said you already have. Pull her if you like clicking alot and don't like chasing down enemies.

Tartaglia - Difficult to use and nowhere near as fun to use as Ayato, which you already said you have. Trashman belongs in trash