Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

GolfHole posted:

bring back home movies

Did you not see the ending? they destroyed the camera in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

YeahTubaMike posted:

The first episode I ever saw was the one where he gets the Foreigner belt, and every time I hear anything by/about Foreigner, I immediately think of him. :allears:

The first I ever saw was the dickship one so now every time I eat wasabi fries I know there’s a 1 in 3 chance I’ll get my dick ripped off.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

pixaal posted:

shout it out
play it

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

I don't for sure remember which I saw first, but I think it was revenge of the trees. Shake protesting "shut up, I didn't rip 'em!" to the sapling who accuses him of having ripped of its branches, then using said branches to beat down any further accusations.

Edit: No, now I remember. It was the boost mobile one.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Justin is just a Jerry and he's supper pissed about it

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Treecko posted:

Justin is just a Jerry and he's supper pissed about it

Whoa

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Home movies is fine but then I have the same problem thinking Brendan is Kronk

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Crespolini posted:

I don't for sure remember which I saw first, but I think it was revenge of the trees. Shake protesting "shut up, I didn't rip 'em!" to the sapling who accuses him of having ripped of its branches, then using said branches to beat down any further accusations.

Edit: No, now I remember. It was the boost mobile one.

Lmao Boost Mobile ep is so good

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
Has anyone found any syayements from dan harmon. Id be interested to see his response because my suspicion is thay he is a secret abuser. I know he had some weird poo poo back in the day. Wonder if he is supporting his boy.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

BrassRoots posted:

Has anyone found any syayements from dan harmon. Id be interested to see his response because my suspicion is thay he is a secret abuser. I know he had some weird poo poo back in the day. Wonder if he is supporting his boy.

It was never secret because he had a podcast and documentary made about him where he was proud of being a piece of poo poo to people

That said, he did an actual apology and hasn't had any other poo poo against him publicly yet, which seems like it would have happened after the last go round with his first run of Community.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Anyone have that photo of the sadest birthday party?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Cuz that's all I think about.

And the pickle Rick chillum I saw at the head store.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
/\/\/\ for a while our local head shop had not just cheap R & M glass pipes, but also incredibly detailed, bespoke Rick & Morty pieces made by local glass artists. So there were options for the pothead on a budget, or the weed connoisseur.

pixaal posted:

Modern reboot, Brendan is an adult and it's his kid making poo poo for TikTok with their phone

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 26, 2023

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
The pipe looked OK but I'm not smoking pickle Rick's anus.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Maybe I'm closed mined but that's where I draw the line

GundamHealer
Jul 23, 2022

Treecko posted:

The pipe looked OK but I'm not smoking pickle Rick's anus.

Puckered Rick

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Only registered members can see post attachments!

arsenicCatnip
Dec 23, 2022

:33< i KNOW, i was speaking metafurrikitty :33

think the first ATHF episode I saw was the one where Master Shake has the highlander sword. Anytime I think of Highlander or see.someone mention it my head plays the musical sting

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

I was there for the premiere of Adult Swim itself back in the day, when it had Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, The Brak Show, and of course ATHF. Crazy to think that ATHF outlasted them all, but in hindsight it was pretty clear that it was the show best poised to be Adult Swim's breakout hit from those original four.

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I was there for the premiere of Adult Swim itself back in the day, when it had Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, The Brak Show, and of course ATHF. Crazy to think that ATHF outlasted them all, but in hindsight it was pretty clear that it was the show best poised to be Adult Swim's breakout hit from those original four.

losing captain murphy so early was a huge blow to sealab, tbf. who knows what it could’ve been if he’d lived longer.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Frylock being the most functional within the group dynamic but a total psycho creep when trying to socialize outside of it was always really funny to me.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

StrangersInTheNight posted:

That's actually great news, because Carey Means, the voice of Frylocke, had congestive heart failure last year and he's basically broke and living on the edge. Here's his GoFundMe if anyone is interested:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/catfood-peoplefood-and-bills

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

he was an early animator for cartoon network/adult swim and was the voice of zorak, moltar, etc. on the original space ghost coast to coast, the proto adult swim show

he got heavily screwed out of getting paid on time and lived fairly modestly as a result, there's a whole article about it here

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/animators/the-legend-of-c-martin-croker-adult-swim-animator-and-voice-actor-162399.html

he died suddenly and untimely, likely of food poisoning. i met him a few times, he had a big collection of old and obscure cartoons and would have sporadic screenings of his collection at a local art cinema. super cool dude and a great guy to know if you wanted to learn more about 20th century american animation

Holy gently caress I'm going to blow a stitch these are enraging.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Harvey birdman attorney at law was a masterpiece. One of the few shows I actually got the seasons of on DVD, including the first two seasons of sealab

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Edmund Sparkler posted:

Frylock being the most functional within the group dynamic but a total psycho creep when trying to socialize outside of it was always really funny to me.

:hmmyes:
it's also a laugh whenever Meatwad finds a way to mess with Master Shake's head, like in "Super Model"

e: itt we discuss better cartoons and people :v:

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 27, 2023

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
With regard to the voice stuff, I remember that Skyler Page had some kind of sexual assault allegation and he was fired from Clarence, where he voiced the titular character. It was announced another actor would voice the character. I never noticed the point at which Clarence's voice changed. So, with a good enough impersonator, it could work.

But then you have the problem of, the impressionist is doing an impression of the sex pest. So maybe the only option is to cancel?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Bula Vinaka posted:

With regard to the voice stuff, I remember that Skyler Page had some kind of sexual assault allegation and he was fired from Clarence, where he voiced the titular character. It was announced another actor would voice the character. I never noticed the point at which Clarence's voice changed. So, with a good enough impersonator, it could work.

But then you have the problem of, the impressionist is doing an impression of the sex pest. So maybe the only option is to cancel?

The problem is that Adult Swim's bosses gave the show's creators a contract for enough episodes to take them through three more seasons of the show (IIRC), which means they're probably reluctant to cancel the show without getting any return on their investment.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

CatstropheWaitress posted:

That'd be funny if it weren't so sad. Direct your anger at Roiland sir, he did this to himself by creeping on teenagers.

When will Ringo Starr be canceled? One of his most famous songs is "You're 16, You're Beautiful, and You're Mine."

"She was just 17, you know what I mean.". Is that one McCartney or Lennon?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

Beard Dandruff posted:

Just stating the obvious here, but failure was one of the major themes of earlier seasons. In later seasons Rusty is still a dick, but he does manage to change to a degree. You see him forging a better relationship with his sons, including Dermot, mentoring White and Billy, and being somewhat successful after taking over his brother's company. His dad was a true monster. Rusty isn't Rick, he's more like someone raised by a Rick, or hell taking into account the original team venture, raised by a family of Ricks.

"Not today, Rusty.". Thanks Action Man!

Pug Rodeo
Feb 20, 2007

BRING IT ON BRING IT ON YEAH

AvesPKS posted:

When will Ringo Starr be canceled? One of his most famous songs is "You're 16, You're Beautiful, and You're Mine."

It’s a cover. I know that ultimately doesn’t change things too much though.

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life

sure okay posted:

My dad's a huge Lethal Weapon fan and he got real quiet about Mel Gibson's cancelling, never defending him but never really admonishing him either.

A couple years go by and he embraces Mel's comeback tour tour by watching those lovely action movies. One time I mentioned, "Wow you forgave him pretty fast huh?" And he just laughed it off and stayed away from Mel's movies for another year before, again, just going back to watching everything he makes and pretending nothing happened.

This is basically what I expect to happen with R&M fans.

This is how I plan on watching Rick and Morty.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Didn't we already have the "pop and rock musicians wrote/sang songs with very problematic lyrics" discussion like a bunch of pages ago

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Didn't we already have the "pop and rock musicians wrote/sang songs with very problematic lyrics" discussion like a bunch of pages ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXPfovXw2tw

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

XYZAB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vDCoZciCio

This is when I realized I had some major reservations about Justin, despite being a huge Grandma's Virginity Podcast nerd up to the point this episode of Harmontown was recorded. IIRC while this story is brutal and I feel bad for him, Justin got drunk as gently caress and completely belligerent nearer to the end of this episode, and Curtis Armstrong stopped showing up to tapings shortly afterward. I haven't listened to it in full in probably 8 years and it doesn't seem to be readily available, but if you enjoy trainwrecks you might want to hunt down episode 143 of Harmontown.

Edit: Of course it's age restricted.

tried to listen to this five different times and I just get angrier the further I get

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

GolfHole posted:

bring back home movies

Mission Hill might as well what the hell

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Wayne Knight posted:

Mission Hill might as well what the hell

Wasn't there supposed to be a spinoff coming or something?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Deki posted:

Wasn't there supposed to be a spinoff coming or something?

For like 10 years lol I think that Oakley thinks that it is going to happen but he is the only one

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Tbh I love Harvy Birdman

The movie wasn't what I wanted

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
How could they know I only read the first word

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why does every head shop have rick and morty glass pipes for sale

I bet if the modern day weed boom happened in 2000, it would be South Park glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Idk it's popular