Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

D-LINK posted:

I remember you jackwagons nearly made me cry due to your generosity when I flipped out about the Food Bank lines at the start of COVID. Happy to help fam

lol, I just got mail from the Louisiana one this week and thought about that

e: Almost three months in, the cats are fine being near each other now, and even ate from the same bowl (ignore the house under construction in the background)!

Blowjob Overtime fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blowjob Overtime posted:

(ignore the house under construction in the background)!

I will withhold my rug opinions then.

Also kitties :3:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hey football friedns This is lame as gently caress but my union is going on strike next week and we have a GoFundMe to support our workers. It's the sort of thing where public support is more important than the actual dollar figure so if anyone can share it on social media or give a buck I would take it as a personal favor.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/portland-city-laborers-solidarity-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Mods, edit this out and slap my hand if this is out of line. Just feel like I have to do everything I can for my folks out there.

lfg donated and shared the link

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Hey football friedns This is lame as gently caress but my union is going on strike next week and we have a GoFundMe to support our workers. It's the sort of thing where public support is more important than the actual dollar figure so if anyone can share it on social media or give a buck I would take it as a personal favor.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/portland-city-laborers-solidarity-fund?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet

Mods, edit this out and slap my hand if this is out of line. Just feel like I have to do everything I can for my folks out there.

Donated!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Donated too.

I’m going to Austin next week for work. If anyone has restaurant recommendations for anything downtown or near UT, let me know. Hotel is at the south edge of UT campus.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Blowjob Overtime posted:

lol, I just got mail from the Louisiana one this week and thought about that

e: Almost three months in, the cats are fine being near each other now, and even ate from the same bowl (ignore the house under construction in the background)!

We’ve been talking about moving the lady in here later this year when her lease is up, and it’s gonna get real interesting with my two cats and her two cats.

Part of me is excited because my orange singular brain cell cat is an endlessly antagonistic dick to, and always picks on, my other sweet baby boy. However one of the girlfriend’s cats is also a derpy singular brain celled boy, but he’s a loving TANK and I want to experience the pure strain schadenfreude the first time the orange one tries to gently caress around and finds out. But deep down I know it’s going to be a loving stressful poo poo show all around so :shrug:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Donated.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

We’ve been talking about moving the lady in here later this year when her lease is up, and it’s gonna get real interesting with my two cats and her two cats.

Part of me is excited because my orange singular brain cell cat is an endlessly antagonistic dick to, and always picks on, my other sweet baby boy. However one of the girlfriend’s cats is also a derpy singular brain celled boy, but he’s a loving TANK and I want to experience the pure strain schadenfreude the first time the orange one tries to gently caress around and finds out. But deep down I know it’s going to be a loving stressful poo poo show all around so :shrug:

I used to have a dumb as bricks orange cat too. He always started poo poo with my other cat. He’d go from the cuddliest cat to picking fights in an instant. I don’t really miss the screeching during the cat fights.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Bird in a Blender posted:

Donated too.

I’m going to Austin next week for work. If anyone has restaurant recommendations for anything downtown or near UT, let me know. Hotel is at the south edge of UT campus.

What do you like to eat or want to eat and how nice?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

What do you like to eat or want to eat and how nice?

Mexican, seafood, pizza, or general American I guess. I’m not a meat eater (just seafood), so I don’t need to know which BBQ spot to go to. I’d say anything mid-range? Nothing so fancy it’s going to take 2+ hours to eat. I don’t mind cheap and easy places either. I remember a chili place right near the hotel that I loved, and I’ll probably eat there at least once.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Texas Chili Parlor

Clay Pit

Via 313

Wu Chow

24 Diner

Phoebe's

That should about cover ya

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Donated! Is it okay to share with my union as well?

Making a vegan dinner like a responsible adult and all I want is a cheap chicken sandwich from like Burger King.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mexican, seafood, pizza, or general American I guess. I’m not a meat eater (just seafood), so I don’t need to know which BBQ spot to go to. I’d say anything mid-range? Nothing so fancy it’s going to take 2+ hours to eat. I don’t mind cheap and easy places either. I remember a chili place right near the hotel that I loved, and I’ll probably eat there at least once.

Oh nice! Texas Chili Parlor is where you’re thinking of.

Here’s a quick list. I’m sure I’ll think of more.

Pizza:
VIA 313 is in north canvas and is v good Detroit style - there’s a few around town so whichever is convenient

Home slice is New York style and has a location in Hyde park (north of campus) or on south congress

Seafood:
Mongers on Guadalupe north of campus
Shoal Creek Saloon has p good Cajun food

Mexican/Tex mex :
Matt’s el rancho on s. Lamar
borego de oro on s. Congress
Veracruz all natural for the chilaquiles tacos
Cisco’s has really good migas
Este for bougie Mexican seafood
There’s a taqueria in the dobie food court - great tortas
Comedor has fantastic high end Mexican

Brunch/ bakery:
Sour duck market

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Jan 27, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

My brother have you heard of Torchy’s

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Donated! Is it okay to share with my union as well?

Oh absolutely!

There's going to be a rally in front of City Hall on Saturday. Everyone in Portland is welcome to hear Parks people and poo poo slingers tell the tale of how the City is too poor not to give them a pay cut.

Thanks to everyone who donated. It means a lot.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Freaquency posted:

Braksgirl makes a clone of their queso that is simply :discourse:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

:hai:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Freaquency posted:

Absolutely overrated

I have one five minutes from me and I never go, yet I make the 25 minute drive to a dingy rear end taco truck in a Shell parking lot fairly regularly

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Paging Leper to the Ankylosaur Chat Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D32dD8Auy4s

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I admitted a patient last night for a broken ankle. They did surgery this morning. At some point she got a psych consult which didn’t come up with anything.

Thirty minutes after rounding on her apparently she decided she wasn’t getting enough attention from the nursing staff. She walked to her door naked, pulled out her IVs so blood was all over the floor, started urinating, and began hurling obscenities to the entire nursing staff.

When I told my surgeon who fixed her ankle he said “well clearly my internal fixation is holding up.”

And the night just gotten worse from there.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 27, 2023

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Intruder posted:

Absolutely overrated

I have one five minutes from me and I never go, yet I make the 25 minute drive to a dingy rear end taco truck in a Shell parking lot fairly regularly

I was just kidding :devil:. There was one 2 blocks from me before we moved, we tried it once, and then just started going to one of the 3 other taco joints within a block or so that were better and cheaper and didn’t have a wait.

It is an Austin thing but if I was an Austinite I d point tourists that way and keep the good places to myself.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Paging Leper to the Ankylosaur Chat Thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D32dD8Auy4s

Well! Ankylos are my favorite dinos and cats are my favorite mammals, so a cat-sized ankylo is basically the ideal dinosaur IMO

ty

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Allosaurus supremacy.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Kicked in some funds for ya.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I admitted a patient last night for a broken ankle. They did surgery this morning. At some point she got a psych consult which didn’t come up with anything.

Thirty minutes after rounding on her apparently she decided she wasn’t getting enough attention from the nursing staff. She walked to her door naked, pulled out her IVs so blood was all over the floor, started urinating, and began hurling obscenities to the entire nursing staff.

When I told my surgeon who fixed her ankle he said “well clearly my internal fixation is holding up.”

Hahahah gently caress

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1618839598783934467

As always, the Onion is good

FizFashizzle posted:

:stonk:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Thanks BrownThunder and Neil Armbong. I shall not go hungry.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Hahahah gently caress. That’s the best. I love interacting w physicians sometimes.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Not gonna be a good night to be downtown in any major city

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

Thats exactly what I would have expected from a surgeon.

Also, now the real question is, why was the psych consult ordered in the first place? They aren't routine, and you don't order one just because someone has a diagnosis.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Just played the Dam level on Goldeneye (Xbox) and it's perfect.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I used to have a dumb as bricks orange cat too. He always started poo poo with my other cat. He’d go from the cuddliest cat to picking fights in an instant. I don’t really miss the screeching during the cat fights.

The other one is much more agile and cat-like than the orange one, so usually it’s just him minding his own loving business sunning himself on the couch and the orange one will be like “hell yeah lol” and go mega-chomp him in the neck and swat at his butt until the other one quickly gets away from him.

But sometimes the other one ain’t having it and yeah there will be a brawl with the entire house as the arena for 10 minutes and those get old

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
the first picture from today's framed.wtf is a pretty good goatse :lol:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s Friday, my friends

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

House to myself tomorrow, gonna get baked, heat up some frozen White Castle and restart rear end creed Valhalla

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Kemp preemptively issued a state of emergency for Atlanta/state of GA this morning in light of that tape of the cops beating a man to death in Memphis.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Intruder posted:

the first picture from today's framed.wtf is a pretty good goatse :lol:

Hole in the sky, indeed.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

wandler20 posted:

Just played the Dam level on Goldeneye (Xbox) and it's perfect.

How are the XBox controls? I played through the first three levels on Switch in portable mode and with the regular joycons it felt like I was wearing two left gloves trying to play.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Joey Freshwater posted:

Kemp preemptively issued a state of emergency for Atlanta/state of GA this morning in light of that tape of the cops beating a man to death in Memphis.

Hopefully many protests happen

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Coco13 posted:

How are the XBox controls? I played through the first three levels on Switch in portable mode and with the regular joycons it felt like I was wearing two left gloves trying to play.

Great. Just like playing pretty much any other shooter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

The fact that so many people are warning about how terrible it is, but also that everyone was told yesterday what time this was getting released makes me really curious what will actually happen today. Are protests already in the works before the video comes out? Are we going to see "spontaneous" protests tonight? Just feels so different than before because Floyd came out of nowhere. This has been talked about for weeks already.