Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Neito posted:

I believe it was a little worse, cus IIRC it was implied he was holding Narcan at the time.

Also, it was his step-son, which brings up the question of whether he would have saved him if it was his actual son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Wait, I'm not familiar with this part of the Scott Adams lore. What?

I'll allow the man the dignity of digging his own grave:

https://twitter.com/scottadamssays/status/1544679512327081984

EDIT: There's more that I can't find, but he basically infinities-down on the idea that because his special hypnotist brain couldn't fix his step-son, that he was unfixable by any man or God.

EDIT the second: https://twitter.com/tadpr0le/status/1544770885508206592

Neito fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 27, 2023

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

drat, that's almost as awful as writing Dilbert

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

so i dont know when this happened but just noticed now is that the trending topics... not only are they just complete poo poo now, they're also trending keywords from your country instead of your region. did he pull out a couple more servers in the last month? because that's what it seems like.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Kingo Ligma posted:

Bezos is a parody of Lex Luthor

Lex Luther actually has charisma though, at least sometimes

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

AlmightyBob posted:

Lex Luther actually has charisma though, at least sometimes
Luthor also occasionally does the right thing. He's an egomaniac, but ultimately human.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
i've got to start sitting in the front seat again. anyone else get carsick when they let their tesla drive them around in the backseat?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

DeeplyConcerned posted:

i've got to start sitting in the front seat again. anyone else get carsick when they let their tesla drive them around in the backseat?

i get the impression that a lot of people don't feel a thing after a while

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Time_pants posted:

Which streaming service is it on?

lol

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

Bezos is partially funding the Lord of the Rings show so at least he's doing something good with his money.

And yes, the show is good, goddammit. :mad:

Define "something" insofar as it doesn't mean creating PR for whateverthefuck his next project is.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

...! posted:

Bezos is partially funding the Lord of the Rings show so at least he's doing something good with his money.

And yes, the show is good, goddammit. :mad:

Of course he did, Jeff Bezos is the hugest goddamn nerd. If he has a stupid plastic gun on his bedside table like Musky it's gonna be something like a phaser that Patrick Stewart or Shatner held on set.

He hired Neal Stephenson to write his space company's strategic vision FFS.

E: also click through that McHimbo tweet to see Scott Adams talking about having sex with farm animals, and also comparing female affair partners to farm animals.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
https://twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1557717116001742849?s=20&t=YPObAnjkj-3fsQkmGDB32g

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he's right.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

So what bullshit is his current avatar meant to represent anyway? Because it's probably not showing which parts of his brain have disintegrated over the last decade like I assume it does.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

since his avatar is the transflag colour i assume he's announcing he needs a brain transplant

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

since his avatar is the transflag colour i assume he's announcing he needs a brain transplant

Scott doesn't have a super smart big brain, he's just suffering from encephalitis.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I dug this up from another thread, but here's some old-school Elon dipshittery from 2018.

Wikipedia posted:

In June 2018, Elon Musk revealed a potential feature called "SpaceX option package" for the Roadster.[26] This would add around ten cold gas thrusters to the car to improve maneuverability; it would comprise an electric pump to recharge an air tank used to provide compressed air flowing through propelling nozzles to generate a cold jet thrust. The air tanks, based on "composite overwrapped pressure vessel" (COPV) also used in the Falcon 9 and Falcon Heavy rockets, would replace the back seats. The thrusters would be used to improve cornering, acceleration, top speed, and braking.[27][28][29] Working pressure would be 10,000 psi (700 bar).[30]

The Awesomesaurus
Feb 15, 2006

I'm too cool to be extinct.

Someone should go check on Dogbert.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Elviscat posted:

I dug this up from another thread, but here's some old-school Elon dipshittery from 2018.

that would make the lithium battery explosions all the more impressive

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Herstory Begins Now posted:

that would make the lithium battery explosions all the more impressive

You beat me to it, but I was going to say it sounds akin to the trigger mechanism for a hydrogen bomb.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Look, say what you like about the guy but when he's right he's right. I haven't hosed a sow since 1999 when I found that instead of travelling 114km to the nearest pig farm I could just surf the information super-highway.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You beat me to it, but I was going to say it sounds akin to the trigger mechanism for a hydrogen bomb.

i didn't even notice at first that the tanks would replace the back seats

lmao yeah the cars would look like a hydrogen bomb went off

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Look, say what you like about the guy but when he's right he's right. I haven't hosed a sow since 1999 when I found that instead of travelling 114km to the nearest pig farm I could just surf the information super-highway.

THe internet is a series of tubes (that you can put your dick into)

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Data Graham posted:

Hahaha. Hire from legacy car companies? Puh-leeze

Gonna pull a relevant post:

Don't take this the wrong way but I was a little bit hoping that this story would end with y'all accidentally running afoul of a Tong or similar organization.

Glad it didn't though.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Elviscat posted:

Don't mind me, just fusing a bunch of thrusters onto my car like it's Garrysmod

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1618872524036771840?cxt=HHwWgMDQvfj-sfcsAAAA

Remember folks, the shining future of transportation is lovely overpriced tunnels that can allow one car at a time.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

captainOrbital posted:

I understand wanting to DISRUPT but like jesus just spend five minutes talking to someone who knows the industry.

The wheel works damnit. God I was so annoyed loving around with a tesla having to dig through menus and look poo poo up on my phone. We've had cars longer than anyone's been alive; there's a reason people do poo poo the way they do.

I once had to sit through a talk by a former Netflix CEO. Back when they were in the business of mailing out DVDs the first few months were an absolute shitshow. Hundreds of thousands of customers were complaining about discs being broken on arrival, and even more discs were being mailed back broken.

It turned out that nobody at Netflix bothered to find out how the USPS sorts massive amounts of mail each day. The equipment that envelopes pass through works well for paper documents but mangles plastic discs.

They had to scrap all their mailing inventory and redo it because nobody thought to put "DO NOT BEND" on the packaging.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

IBroughttheFunk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1618872524036771840?cxt=HHwWgMDQvfj-sfcsAAAA

Remember folks, the shining future of transportation is lovely overpriced tunnels that can allow one car at a time.

Like roads but less options, perfect for tesla autopilot. Oops all the Teslas think they are ground level and are slamming into the walls

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/BACKWOODSUCKER0/status/1618639633407160322?t=KRa5E6UHHJBRIN-zuMpzUg&s=19

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

Concerning

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Flaming trifecta.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Elviscat posted:

never forget noted tech guy marques brownlee fell for this poo poo hook line and sinker

Dipshits. The lot of them.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Slotducks posted:

never forget noted tech guy marques brownlee fell for this poo poo hook line and sinker

Guys, I feel like Mr. Tweet is full of poo poo.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

believing Elon's rich history of truthful, meaningful tweets is closer to the limit of human endurance

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

@boeringcompany

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Slotducks posted:

lol even if he could make that a reality, no way are those considered street legal. I can't imagine that not tearing up the current poo poo-rear end asphalt and making even more potholes. Also yes let's make a shoddily assembled murder machine super fast, no way would those boosters fire unpredictably!

gently caress I'm glad I live in a climate that makes those things impossible for most of the year

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"Our cars are going to fly based off this video game screenshot"

"oh gently caress yeah lets buy that stock for a trillion dollars"

people are so loving dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Even Star Trek actors were telling us flying cars were unnecessary 20 years ago.

https://youtu.be/vzm6pvHPSGo