Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suddenly Susan
Oct 21, 2003

CODChimera posted:

Did anyone see those cmon comics? $30 for one that comes with a bunch of gameplay aspects for whatever game its based on. sounds pretty good? nope, $40 shipping for a single set

I was excited to get more content for Cthulhu Death May Die, but the shipping being $30+ is ridiculous. Just let me add it in the PM to my season 3+4 pledge!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah, but at this rate I'm not sure we'll even see it this year. They're still a ways off from even getting and approving the pre-production copy, and we know how long shipping/fulfillment can go after that.

yeah I'm not confident we'll see it this year, but I'm not really bothered, either. I want the game, but I'm not like, anticipating with bated breath, y'know? It'll come when it comes.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Suddenly Susan posted:

I was excited to get more content for Cthulhu Death May Die, but the shipping being $30+ is ridiculous. Just let me add it in the PM to my season 3+4 pledge!

Lol, $80 shipping to Hawaii…

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

silvergoose posted:

yeah I'm not confident we'll see it this year, but I'm not really bothered, either. I want the game, but I'm not like, anticipating with bated breath, y'know? It'll come when it comes.

That's the crowdfunding life.

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

MonsieurChoc posted:

That's the crowdfunding life.

First game I ever kickstarted was Blood on the Clocktower, so any game that posts honest, at-least-every-other-month updates is good by me.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
I'm thrilled that I finally got my FS1 minis, but yeah... will I ever see the Dire Alliance minis or Lasting Tales minis? Probably not is my guess.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Suddenly Susan posted:

Yeah. And no reprint for the first comic. Plus you need all the seasons to actually use the new content.

Was reading a few comments and the solution is to "buy everything and sell what you don't want later to get your money back or even make a profit" and it's like no I'm not buying this poo poo to make money lol just let me get the dumb comics for a normal price

Can't wait to see what cmon do with Super Fantasy Brawl

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

My Blacklist Series 1 miniatures finally arrived. That ends the nearly 3 year long saga.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Shes Not Impressed posted:

My Blacklist Series 1 miniatures finally arrived. That ends the nearly 3 year long saga.
Now continues the ongoing saga of waiting for the rest of the unfulfilled projects…. I just want at least one or two more, I don’t really have any hope for the last one (Fantasy Series 2).

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I got my Blacklist as well. Now the wait continues for Divinity: Original Sin

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Expanding file folder for the map tiles.

You'll never go back ;)

Oh! And come visit!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3840191&pagenumber=369&perpage=40

I had one for Gloomhaven, that's a good idea.

I get mad about people's expectations w/r/t spoilers, so I'm staying out of the thread.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I saw this posted in a Discord, but can't find confirmation. Anyone know anything about this, or is it a hoax?

CitizenKeen
Nov 13, 2003

easygoing pedant

rydiafan posted:

I saw this posted in a Discord, but can't find confirmation. Anyone know anything about this, or is it a hoax?

Fuuuuuuck, they’re handling Stationfall.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Funagain owner wanted to pull the plug years ago, but pivoted to fulfillment, etc... so this wouldn't surprise me.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

It's legit

https://twitter.com/FunagainDistro/status/1615088568975908864?t=xQmS7AnQefrn1Ew0kzAzUw&s=19

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
It's a shame for the people employed by them, but also it sounds like probably gently caress that guy. About a year since that controversy kicked off.
Weird how all these objectivist capitalistic sexist fucks elect to engage in the free market by rationally allowing their businesses to fail. :thunk:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm pretty much tapped out of KS these days, as I'm pretty happy with my collection as we start 2023, so it has to be something pretty interesting to catch my attention

Zoo Vadis is a reimplementation of Quo Vadis from 1992 by The Kniz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txVM1pkQRmw

Interesting things for me are:
- Production quality looks high, and pre-production looks close to done
- It plays up to 7
- You're done in under an hour.

Backed it for a $1 and will likely grab via the PM.
I don't really know Bitewing Games, so I can't comment on any issues - but a quick glance at their other KS and everything looks in order

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Arborea by Alley Cat Games. "Hey it's that Bitoku looking game"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qQ14Y9wZPQ

Rahdo describes it as a Bitoku killer, and I'm generally inline with most stuff he properly recommends.
I think it's an interesting worker placement game, which is the 2nd genre I'm weak for behind hidden movement

Still on the fence about this one. So I'm 50/50 on picking it up via the PM.
Will have a think getting closer to the end of the campaign.

Alley Cat do good poo poo tho, and I've never seen any major problems with their campaigns.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Facade Games is doing another of their book games, Hollywood 1947

Of course there’s an annoying deluxe edition with more content

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.
picked up That Time You Killed Me on a whim and it’s great so far, if you’re in the market for something strategic for two players. an excellent theme for an abstract (you are traveling through time trying to murder the person who stole credit from you for inventing the time machine… or else you’re the person who stole the credit trying to murder the true inventor before they murder you first), a surprising amount of strategic depth, and a fun little system for opening boxes to unlock more content. “Check It Out”

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

https://gamefound.com/projects/knightgames/batman-escape-from-arkham-asylum?ref=homepage-featured_1

anyone going to get this? there's a couple of red flags and it's pretty pricey but if they pull it off it could be really fun

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Well, looking through the comments, people seem pretty pissed about the last KS they did about a Harry Potter game still being undelivered, despite updates in November saying boxes are ready to go… The gameplay video they did didn’t really give a great overview of how the game works, they jumped over any setup or explanation and just started playing. I love almost anything Batman, the idea of playing villains escaping Arkham sounds really fun, and Knight Games makes great looking mini’s, but I’m not… really into this.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Knight Models/Games whatever they're called are probably the worst "boutique level" company I've ever gotten minis from. A Batman I bought for like 60 dollars looked like a blind person printed it out, just shockingly bad stuff. Have legit gotten better stuff from Etsy 3D printers.

The game itself looks pretty mediocre and the fact that they keep pushing "skins" (lol why are they using videogame terms) is concerning. Knight Models isn't known for easy communication (their site is difficult to parse if you don't speak Spanish) and the continued pushing of the alt minis makes me think you should only back it if you realllllly want those miniatures because the game won't be great. It would be nice if the promises they made were followed through consistently but from what I've seen/experienced, I'm not enthusiastic.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DLC Inc posted:

Knight Models/Games whatever they're called are probably the worst "boutique level" company I've ever gotten minis from. A Batman I bought for like 60 dollars looked like a blind person printed it out, just shockingly bad stuff. Have legit gotten better stuff from Etsy 3D printers.

Yeah, I was unsold when I picked up the Teen Titans box and the plastic is really low quality and as an example Hawk who does not have a cape but instead like cape strips and yet his cape was all in one piece so I'd have to cut said strips out myself. Also trying to glue together Wonder Girl holding her lasso was a nightmare.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
I just got tracking info from Cephalofair, for what I assume must be my Frosthaven pledge. (In PNW US for anyone else still waiting.)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
my frosthaven showed up yesterday, cat for scale

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.

jivjov posted:

Nice. Funny thing is I'm in a new playthrough of Gloomhaven with a different group, so who knows when I'll ever get this thing to the table.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

I'm setting up for a game of Frosthaven tomorrow, the box is SO GODDAMN HEAVY. Hats off to all OG backers who got this for $100.

These 3 came in yesterday

I had also cancelled them and gotten my money back for all of them..
That's $440 USD worth of free games

Probably not gonna be able to back any EGG in the future :v:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
What I did when I got shipped a KS game I didn't order (Maximum Apocalypse Legendary Edition, which I already owned, off the Set a Watch expansion KS) was go "uh hey guys, I didn't order this, what do you want me to do with it" and they set things up for me to ship it back. I guess I'm too honest, but I don't really need the hassle of dealing with extra poo poo I didn't order, even if I could make money on it.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Any fun scifi boardgames come out recently?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Any fun scifi boardgames come out recently?

I like Solar Sphere, but I've not fully understood it yet.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

gschmidl posted:

I like Solar Sphere, but I've not fully understood it yet.

I got that the other day but haven't touched it yet, I looked at the playmat and realized I need to buy some folding tables for games that big because I don't have the space in my studio for such a large amount of table space...

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I got that the other day but haven't touched it yet, I looked at the playmat and realized I need to buy some folding tables for games that big because I don't have the space in my studio for such a large amount of table space...

For a box that size it has an astonishing table presence, yeah. I'm kind of glad I didn't get the playmat.

Ajon
Aug 8, 2007
'VRROOOMMM!!!' roared the car. 'SPRUITS!' said gramma.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oof. I backed that but as a PDF and received it, so it was all done. Apparently three other KS of theirs are also "pending"?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

That's on a few of that creator's campaigns now lol

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

:discourse:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Kevin Crawford's latest x Without Number Kickstarter is up, this time for his cyberpunk Cities Without Number.

It's a pretty barebones campaign but I guess at this point people either know if they want to buy in on it or not, based on the strength of SWN and WWN.

Tsilkani
Jul 28, 2013

Drone posted:

Kevin Crawford's latest x Without Number Kickstarter is up, this time for his cyberpunk Cities Without Number.

It's a pretty barebones campaign but I guess at this point people either know if they want to buy in on it or not, based on the strength of SWN and WWN.

The entire current draft of the game is in the first backer update, so you can back, take a look, and decide if you're interested enough to not cancel your pledge.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Kinda interesting he makes such a big point of trying to avoid AI art so much but then the book is filled with images that are definitely straight out of Midjourney. Even that pink skyline image on the KS page is just straight AI created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Bottom Liner posted:

Kinda interesting he makes such a big point of trying to avoid AI art so much but then the book is filled with images that are definitely straight out of Midjourney. Even that pink skyline image on the KS page is just straight AI created.
Yeah, he claims to have an untrained eye, but I dunno, AI art is pretty obvious to me. It just jumps out at you. Extra asymmetrical details where no one would normally put details, unconnected parts trailing off to nowhere, obviously extra fingers or other anatomical errors.