Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Draga posted:

Yeah, the Homestuck Made This World podcast. The Ranged Touch guys do some good podcasts.

yeah that's why i was asking cube if there was homestuck discussion before the incident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I remember basically nothing. The events were told to me by the many witnesses.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
anyone played pizza tower yet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

played, a lot of the roguelike mode they added to hitman today. it's the culmination of all the lovely side modes they keep adding to hitman that no one really likes, random targets on random maps with random challenges, except this one actually works because the randomness exists in a structure that allows you to anticipate and plan around their success and failure instead of being arbitrary and purely obstructive. organizing your contracts in a particular order so you can try to get your hands on a sniper rifle or whatever before the mission where they request a shooting, is probably as close to the Real Hitman Experience as a game about assassination can get

it is, fairly good and definitely the first unequivocally positive thing they've done to hitman 3 which otherwise is kinda eh

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Age of Innocence, Scorsese's best film. A correct sentence

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SalTheBard posted:

I don't know if this is the right place, can anyone spoil Forspokens plot?

Her last name is Holland because the police found her abandoned as a newborn at the Holland Tunnel.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

Just did the first couple levels, it’s really fun. Love the visuals and music. Def primarily Wario Land inspired but there’s also an optional focus on fluidity and combos which adds more depth in a very nice way and gives it more of a Sonic vibe at times (especially with letter grades for levels), it’s a good-rear end moveset and feels great when you chain the traversal options together and storm through a level collecting and/or wrecking everything. idk if the too muchness of the style will eventually become irritating but right now I find it very enjoyable. Definitely don’t regret picking it up.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Khanstant posted:

my big wario head friend loves it

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Yeah, it's very good. The animations are big and over the top and grotesque that gives the game a very powerful "Wario energy" despite being very different from the Wario Land series. The music is jamming, the controls are very tight and responsive and when you chain everything together and are flowing through a level annihilating everything in your path it feels great.

Upcoming game Antonblast (https://store.steampowered.com/app/1887400/ANTONBLAST/) looks to be a spiritual successor to both Virtual Boy Wario Land and Wario 4 so now we just need some spiritual successors to Wario Land II and III and I'll be happy.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Khanstant posted:

everyone else has already said it rocks but i'll add onto the praise. just opened up the second world, i love everything about the way it plays and looks. first bossfight was cool too, definitely felt like a warioland 4 boss but harder. just need to wrap my head around the moveset, because there's kind of a lot going on there

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Pizza Tower is probably over really quickly if you don't care about the score attack stuff, but also I spent like 45 minutes just loving around with the first level

It's very fun imo, also I like the funny pizza man

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

"Halloween Spells" were consumables that added a cosmetic effect to an item that's only visible during halloween events. They were obtainable during the halloween events in 2012, 2013 and 2014. They were supposed to be temporary event items, so they would would permanently disappear from your inventory if you logged on outside of Halloween.

I still play tons of TF2 and back when the events were happening grabbed and applied TONS of spells to items I use on the daily. Managed to sell a soldier unusual for £450.

My strange golden flamethrower is team shine professional killstreak incinerator, with buildings destroyed, teammaters extinguished and projectiles reflected strange parts on it along with halloween fire spell and exorcism spell.

I always smile when I die, drop it and then see another pyro walking around with it and having fun with the weapon :)

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I stopped playing TF2 pretty early but I have the best item which is a little angel halo they gave to people who didn't do weirdo exploity stuff to get hats. People were cared a lot about hats (so did that stuff) were very mad about that item.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Pwnstar posted:

I stopped playing TF2 pretty early but I have the best item which is a little angel halo they gave to people who didn't do weirdo exploity stuff to get hats. People were cared a lot about hats (so did that stuff) were very mad about that item.

The Cheater's Lament

i got that but i also did tf2 idling for hats so take that valve

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I got the Sam & Max items in TF2 which were worth over £150 at one point. I decided to hold onto them assuming they would surely only increase in value and ended up selling them for like £30.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Would you have correctly guessed what this button does? For context, it's from the Xbox App.

"Add to Play Later", and yes there's now a tooltip

MS recently has a thing for symbol only buttons that aren't self evident.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I don't see playlists as equivalent, but I at least I get thought process.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rinkles posted:

Would you have correctly guessed what this button does? For context, it's from the Xbox App.

"Add to Play Later", and yes there's now a tooltip

MS recently has a thing for symbol only buttons that aren't self evident.

I hate that there isn't a proper library function. It's split into "actually owned" and "want to play at some point", and games you've actually downloaded are stuck on the separate tab. Just let me put everything on one screen drat it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

stev posted:

I hate that there isn't a proper library function. It's split into "actually owned" and "want to play at some point", and games you've actually downloaded are stuck on the separate tab. Just let me put everything on one screen drat it.

You can filter by installed/owned, if that's what you're looking for.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just got to Level 8 in Hi-Fi Rush. I'm still really bad at the just timing but it's enough to cruise through Normal. It feels like one of those games you'll need to replay over and over to truly master. The writing and visual gags are all great, it's probably the funniest game I've played since Control.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know if the many generic 'x console to HDMI' converter cables on eBay work okay, I've got a feeling like I want to plug in my old consoles again and play some games without messing with emulation.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone know if the many generic 'x console to HDMI' converter cables on eBay work okay, I've got a feeling like I want to plug in my old consoles again and play some games without messing with emulation.

most hdmi converters add a lot of input lag so you're not really getting much advantage over emulation. A retrotink, that is purposely built for this sort of thing costs like 300. https://www.retrotink.com/product-page/5x-pro

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cheers, that's probably more than I'm willing to pay to play Valkyrie Profile 2 again but we'll see lol

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

For PS2 there's also RAD2X cables that cost a bit less
https://www.retrogamingcables.co.uk/sony-av-accessories/PlayStation-2-3-RGB-SCART-CABLES/SONY-PLAYSTATION-HD-RAD2X-CABLE

You can also use a PS3 for PS1 and possibly PS2 games depending on the model to get HDMI output.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

look at this noob who doesn't even know how to invert their Greece lmao

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It's 1/27/2023, why isn't the Dead Space Remake fully unlocked!!!

I know I'm going to work for 8 hours first so wouldn't be able to play it anyway but heckin' dang it it's the principle of the matter!

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts
Just got Goldeneye 007 on the NSO N64 app. Holy poo poo, it's unplayable.

Starting off: the good things are that the emulator seems to improve performance when compared to OG hardware, which is great and expected. However:

The controls are *hosed*. The N64 analog stick has a different input range than the sticks on the joycons or basically any other controller. Modern emulators acknowledge the difference and adjust your inputs accordingly. Nintendo, seemingly, missed that lesson - a light tilt can do anything from moving your crosshair six pixels to violently whipping your crosshair across the screen.

Then there's the lack of input mapping. I hope you like moving with the right stick and aiming with the left, because that's the only option you have for analog aim. Sure, you can just pick the third control layout to aim with the right stick... which is mapped to the C-buttons on a N64 controller.

I'm struggling to describe just how unpleasant this experience is. I died several times at the very first enemy on Dam.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Sounds like a dam shame!

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

exquisite tea posted:

Sounds like a dam shame!

:golfclap:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hopefully Nintendo finds some way to facilitate your experience by the time you have to play through the second level. It's unfortunate because a well-made Goldeneye remaster could have been a runway success! Surface 1.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Just got to Level 8 in Hi-Fi Rush. I'm still really bad at the just timing but it's enough to cruise through Normal. It feels like one of those games you'll need to replay over and over to truly master. The writing and visual gags are all great, it's probably the funniest game I've played since Control.

I feel like such a grinch, but I can’t stand the writing and nonstop chatter. The gameplay is incredible so I’m getting through by skipping all cutscenes, but I wish I enjoyed the story stuff more! It just doesn’t land for me at allll.

I love rhythm games so I jumped in on very hard because it had the “tight” rhythm timings, and level 1 at least was very doable - I recommend rhythm game fans give that a shot if they’re curious!

e: Control is the funniest game I’ve played, so it’s not like you and I have totally different senses of humor!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If you're skipping the cutscenes then you're missing out on all the great sight gags and slapstick, most of which have no dialogue at all.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Control lady: "wait did I just force push that dude, with my mind?! I just force pushed that dude with my mind!! I can force push dudes? ?"

rox
Sep 7, 2016

verbal enema posted:

im playing elden ring

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Control lady: "wait did I just force push that dude, with my mind?! I just force pushed that dude with my mind!! I can force push dudes? ?"

I force push dudes now?
I force push dudes now!

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Good Control Moment: When the bizarre lovecraftian entity is trying to send you a mind email but keeps loving up trying to explain something and then goes gently caress it, just ignore this one please

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

If you're skipping the cutscenes then you're missing out on all the great sight gags and slapstick, most of which have no dialogue at all.

Even if each cutscene were the absolute pinnacle of comedy (it's not, I saw plenty before deciding to skip cutscenes), the constant digressions are still guilty of ruining the game's pace. Finally, an action game is doing something different with gameplay and inviting me to feel the rhythm! Oh but wait as soon as I've started to groove along, the game breaks my flow for some slapstick scene. Is the game so unconfident in its (amazing) gameplay that it feels it has to distract me from it every minute or so?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

It’s good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you want a fun action rhythm game with almost no cutscenes play Sifu