Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Walla posted:

I did it as a concept and it absolutely rules. Angela who?

Also bounce decks! Why haven't I heard of them before? It's so fun!

The only problem with that would be if you don’t get a cloning location for multiple colleen wings I suppose. I guess you could have other discards and hope it hits swarm.

What is a bounce deck btw I hadn’t heard that either!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Stupid Leader, Beast is for kids. :D

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

priznat posted:

The only problem with that would be if you don’t get a cloning location for multiple colleen wings I suppose. I guess you could have other discards and hope it hits swarm.

What is a bounce deck btw I hadn’t heard that either!

The whole deck is discard. Colleen, Sif, Moon Knight and Blade. Besides, that's what Wong is for.

A bounce deck is the other picture I posted. Use Beast and Falcon to return cards to your hand to make Collector and Angela and Bishop get swole. It's probably not going to climb the ranks, but it's fun.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Walla posted:

The whole deck is discard. Colleen, Sif, Moon Knight and Blade. Besides, that's what Wong is for.

A bounce deck is the other picture I posted. Use Beast and Falcon to return cards to your hand to make Collector and Angela and Bishop get swole. It's probably not going to climb the ranks, but it's fun.

Do you pair that with Quinjet? I imagine when they go back into your hand they get the -1 from that

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bounce is fun, but I think it needs more support to be its own archetype.

I'm definitely trying out Beast in move again once this hot location is over, though.

Ed: For those who don't have him, Beast applies a -1 cost discount when he bounces already.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

priznat posted:

Do you pair that with Quinjet? I imagine when they go back into your hand they get the -1 from that

You could and it would. I don't have Quinjet though. I'm just doing a basic Devil Dino shell with Beast and Falcon added.

Quackles posted:

Bounce is fun, but I think it needs more support to be its own archetype.

I'm definitely trying out Beast in move again once this hot location is over, though.

Ed: For those who don't have him, Beast applies a -1 cost discount when he bounces already.

It needs more than Beast and Falcon, yeah. It's still fun.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm actually winning games with a bounce deck at rank 73. Just beat a guy playing Zero Typhoid and Skull. Ridiculous.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last photo, but I can't stop laughing. It shouldn't work this well. :D

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Walla posted:

I'm actually winning games with a bounce deck at rank 73. Just beat a guy playing Zero Typhoid and Skull. Ridiculous.

I'm not sure this has to do with a bounce deck :thunk:. If Angela would get a buff before being bounced there would be some neat space in a Moon Girl deck. Drop cards, buff 'em, Bounce 'em, Dupe 'em. I think Thanos actually has some cool combos with beast, but that's about it right now.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Angela gets buffed by every card except Beast. So you can get her to around 10 if you work at it.

And I know it's not just the type of deck, it's just funny to me. I'm literally playing just random poo poo and it's working.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

More Galactus suffering, Storm on Limbo. Never gonna stop posting these. gently caress Galactus players.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Skippy McPants posted:

More Galactus suffering, Storm on Limbo. Never gonna stop posting these. gently caress Galactus players.

I should have screenshotted the one where I got lucky playing a Cosmo into an empty lane expecting a Hob and hit his Galactus. Fastest retreat I’ve ever seen. I’m sure he thought I was a bot.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I’m confused on the order in that photo. Was galactus down on the same turn as storm with you having priority or what

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

the_american_dream posted:

I’m confused on the order in that photo. Was galactus down on the same turn as storm with you having priority or what
Galactus and storm both played on Limbo T6, storm triggered first.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

No Wave posted:

Galactus and storm both played on Limbo T6, storm triggered first.

^

Turn 6, I Stormed limbo with priority, and he played Galactus. Storm on Limbo ends da game and he doesn't get a chance so play his giant Knull. So sad.

The Limbo was his, he played Magic on 4 (Electro ramp) to set up his Galactus play.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Galactus looks so awesome, he’s probably my most anticipated card to get and use.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

JackDarko posted:

I should have screenshotted the one where I got lucky playing a Cosmo into an empty lane expecting a Hob and hit his Galactus. Fastest retreat I’ve ever seen. I’m sure he thought I was a bot.

I did the same sort of thing - I was mostly losing a game and then played Spider-Man into an empty lane on turn 5 as he played his Galactus. Instant retreat once the dust settled.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

One last screenshot before bed. It's beautiful.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I want that guy's Morbius variant

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

JackDarko posted:

drat, I got Attuma as my pity timer Pool 4. This is what I get for the M’Baku jokes.

This gives me another opportunity to post my favorite Dracula deck (stolen from someone else in the thread):

Between Dracula, Zero, Invisible Woman and Armor, Attuma puts in good work.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
omega red-iron man-onslaught is a hell of an opposing lane to see

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

flatluigi posted:

omega red-iron man-onslaught is a hell of an opposing lane to see

I saw this on Reddit, with poster not knowing how skrull worked

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

When Skrull pops off he absolutely is an insanely good card.

But the fact he relies so much on your opponent playing the right conditions makes him dead in the hand so often.

What's worse is it's not like you can drop him and Enchantress your opponent because then they're no longer an ongoing card so you have to do that that person did and pair them with like Mystique to double up if you want any real advantage.

But again, he can win you games on his own sometimes.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Studio posted:

I saw this on Reddit, with poster not knowing how skrull worked

Well that’s the highest total I’ve seen in game

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Attuma's workable in Zabu lists with Armor or just to threaten the 3rd lane.
Also works into Prof X, if you want to go the DD or ongoing route.

e: doesn't it also work with Invisible Woman?

I also got Orka as my last cache, would've taken literally any other pool 3 over it.

Hauki fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 27, 2023

Lack of Bear
Jun 12, 2007

he couldn't bear it

Bottom Liner posted:

Well that’s the highest total I’ve seen in game

Pre-nerf Onslaught was wild.

Fun fact edit: This is the largest displayable value in a lane.

Lack of Bear fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 27, 2023

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Lack of Bear posted:

Pre-nerf Onslaught was wild.

Fun fact edit: This is the largest displayable value in a lane.

what was pre nerf onslaught, triple or quadruple ongoing?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Artelier posted:

what was pre nerf onslaught, triple or quadruple ongoing?

Neither; he just stacked exponentially because two Onslaughts would double each other's doubling.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Skippy McPants posted:

no gently caress you

thnx for playing your 80 power typhoid mary before your luke cage, lol

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

uXs posted:

no gently caress you

thnx for playing your 80 power typhoid mary before your luke cage, lol

Galactus players are suck, and I hope you run out of dominant hands. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci67Ky5gU2o

Edit: anotha' one. Galactus not visible this time because Fisk Tower loving iced him.

Skippy McPants fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Jan 27, 2023

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Skippy McPants posted:

Galactus players are suck, and I hope you run out of dominant hands.

you mad?

nice spider-man, wasn't planning on playing there though

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Yes, I get mad when people with years of card game design experience make cards that are objectively not fun to play against and are often not even fun to play as. Galactus generates boring, uninteractive games where in the vast majority of the time, one player does not get to play.

Edit: also, please timg your posts. I feel like that should be a rule in the OP at this point.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Post your epic Leader boardstates while you're at it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Skippy McPants posted:

Yes, I get mad when people with years of card game design experience make cards that are objectively not fun to play against and are often not even fun to play as. Galactus generates boring, uninteractive games where in the vast majority of the time, one player does not get to play.

Edit: also, please timg your posts. I feel like that should be a rule in the OP at this point.

Yeah, makes sense. But (apart from when Altar of Death was the featured location) I don't play Galactus ramp so against me you do get to play all the turns.

answer to edit: but attaching files is so much easier than uploading them and poo poo :-(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Skippy McPants posted:

Do they not auto resize in whatever browser you use? Timg hasn’t been an issue for a long time even on phone for me.

Aghama
Jul 24, 2002

We eat fish, tossed salads

Skippy McPants posted:

This one was funny: Cable pulled their Knull, we both Spider-Man T5, Grand Central pulls their Death...

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My Second Re-Reg posted:

This gives me another opportunity to post my favorite Dracula deck (stolen from someone else in the thread):

Between Dracula, Zero, Invisible Woman and Armor, Attuma puts in good work.

Yeah this is probably my favorite deck, I was mad when I opened Attuma but after using him a bit I concede he's good. Niche, but good.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Finally, Galactus has appeared in my shop. Now to pin him and play the waiting game

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I haven't gotten a new card in I don't know how long. I'm the proud owner of a new Rhino icon though. So that's.. neat. I do nothing but face decks I want to play but I'm lacking 2-3 vital cards. Discard looks so fun to me but I don't have Hela or Dracula or Ghost Rider, only loving Morbius..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Aghama posted:

This one was funny: Cable pulled their Knull, we both Spider-Man T5, Grand Central pulls their Death...

It's absolutely insane this guy has an inkified Galactus. Touch some grass dude.