Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Silicone vape bong in dishwasher supremecy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Thanks for reminding me to steal a gallon of 99% iso out of the drum at work after production stops next month weed thread

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Musings, a single torch is better for a dynavap (+FMJ) system because you can more easily heat soak the system and push those seconds past the click

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Nameless Pete posted:

If I was going to make a thread about sharing recipes for edibles would that go in TCC or GWS?

Just asked Geoffrey, he said the GBS Weed Thread is the correct place, hth

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

good morning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIw7oeZKpZc

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

sigher posted:

It's THAC0 Thursday!

THAC0 is an acronym standing for "To Hit Armor Class 0". It refers to the roll required for a character to score a hit on a hypothetical opponent with an armor class of zero, which in turn is used to calculate other attack rolls.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Vakal posted:

Now explain THAC0.

your AC is like golf score, the lower the better

negative AC? hell yeah

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022
Wednesday morning I smoked with one of my customers behind a gas station. They hollowed out a slim Jim and packed it up, then ate it afterwards. The selling point to get me to smoke with them was “it tastes like smiths hotdogs (local brand)!” It indeed did taste like hot dogs, for better or for worse. I can’t share this with anyone at work, so the weed thread gets this confessionary tale of deployment of mechanically separated meats as a multipurpose tool.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Vakal posted:

Now explain THAC0.
Not much, what's THAC0 with you?

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I don't want to THAC0-bout it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Whoa 4 years here never seeing a 1g cart below $45

this month my local store started carrying $26 each "house carts", 4/$90. That's an insane deal. Thc % on them is decent.

dude I always harangue about clogs was there and swore up and down they'd had no returns for clogs on them. wish me luck goons

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
To prevent clogs, keep pulling air through the cart/tip after you release the button for up to 10 seconds.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

To prevent clogs, keep pulling air through the cart/tip after you release the button for up to 10 seconds.

Now how do you release the button on an auto-draw battery? :colbert:

don't worry, all my favorite batteries are button operated

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

ill try this as ive tried many other things :hai: still hoping the quality isn't bad since i've had such varying luck with the brands

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Macichne Leainig posted:

Now how do you release the button on an auto-draw battery? :colbert:

don't worry, all my favorite batteries are button operated

Don't buy auto-draws.

Or carry a paperclip to ram through it.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
My yocan evolve is what taught me about clogs. The vent is under the coils (it's a wax vape). If I was hitting the yocan particularly long/hard, wax would basically liquify and run through the vent when I stopped pulling. If I kept trying to hit it after that, wax would run through the vents on the battery plate. That meant extensive picking with sewing needles and paperclips to get cleared, then soaked in alcohol.

Only took a few times letting it clog up like that before I realized I should keep pulling air after releasing the button.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i have used a number of cheap 510 batteries over the years and the one i like best is this one: https://www.dimemerch.com/collections/hardware

it's $45 on the website but my local dispensary was selling them for $20

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I was bitching about my Hamilton Shiv a lot but frankly after I took it apart and cleaned it it's been rock solid.

Still bullshit that a $70+ 510 battery only has a 6 month warranty though :argh:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SmallFormatBlues posted:

Wednesday morning I smoked with one of my customers behind a gas station. They hollowed out a slim Jim and packed it up, then ate it afterwards. The selling point to get me to smoke with them was “it tastes like smiths hotdogs (local brand)!” It indeed did taste like hot dogs, for better or for worse. I can’t share this with anyone at work, so the weed thread gets this confessionary tale of deployment of mechanically separated meats as a multipurpose tool.

Goonspeed my friend, glad someone had the nerve to try this

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SmallFormatBlues posted:

What line of work are you in? I'm very curious. Hats off to both of you and a salute to that person though

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

AARD VARKMAN posted:

What line of work are you in? I'm very curious. Hats off to both of you and a salute to that person though

sucks dick behind the gas station

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Sunk Dunk posted:

he actually works at the gas station thats at the dick sucking factory and just sucks dicks behind the gas station for extra money

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Sunk Dunk posted:

They said "I can’t share this with anyone at work" :colbert:

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

SmallFormatBlues posted:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Don't buy auto-draws.

Or carry a paperclip to ram through it.

Srs or a toothpick works equally well, plus you can keep it in your mouth for a folksy vibe

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That slim Jim story sounds nasty.

I'd hit it.

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022

SilvergunSuperman posted:

That slim Jim story sounds nasty.

I'd hit it.

It was five am, snowing, and it was a gas station. You pretty much have to say yes at that point. I’ve used an apple, my own clenched fist as a bowl, but never a slim Jim. Overall not the worst experience.

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022

bagmonkey posted:

he actually works at the gas station thats at the dick sucking factory and just sucks dicks behind the gas station for extra money

Actually this is close to accurate, considering I am a corporate sales shill. And the place is next to a huge nationally known company that makes juice that employs alot of miserable people in the area. So as much as I want to take offense, reality is sadder than that. Which is why when a gas station attendant offers prison level hack for smoking weed, you say sure, I already hate everything that’s going on, at least I’ll have a buzz and a Smoky meaty aroma about me, a meat and weed Miasma as it were

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

drat. Had my money on vegan and it was the meat you didn't want to tell anyone about.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
watching a review of the tiny might 2 and I'm like "drat I need one of those" and then I looked up how much they cost and I'm like "hell no"

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

LifeSunDeath posted:

watching a review of the tiny might 2 and I'm like "drat I need one of those" and then I looked up how much they cost and I'm like "hell no"

same

got a desktop log vape instead, i don't really need the portability as i have carts for that and the e-nano is like an arizer solo that rips through bowls in 2-3 hits. really happy with my new baby

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

SmallFormatBlues posted:

Actually this is close to accurate, considering I am a corporate sales shill. And the place is next to a huge nationally known company that makes juice that employs alot of miserable people in the area. So as much as I want to take offense, reality is sadder than that. Which is why when a gas station attendant offers prison level hack for smoking weed, you say sure, I already hate everything that’s going on, at least I’ll have a buzz and a Smoky meaty aroma about me, a meat and weed Miasma as it were

OP it sounds like you're making the best of s lovely situation, so I am not going to judge but rather I am going to celebrate your accomplishment

SmallFormatBlues
Aug 12, 2022

bagmonkey posted:

OP it sounds like you're making the best of s lovely situation, so I am not going to judge but rather I am going to celebrate your accomplishment

We do what we can in trying times. My day is a string of small wins, and I take what I can get to stay afloat and positive. Aside from being the medically prescribed treatment for my migraines and nerve issues, weed is a better way to sort out the day than drink. For me, to each their own. I just know I’m a lot healthier (albeit smoking out of a meat stick isn’t healthy) in mind and body using weed versus drinking. Also it’s Friday, gonna get a nice cone today, burn it down, break out the crayons and color with my daughter. The thread minus the standard goons gooning has actually been really helpful and informative. And I don’t even mind that, I know what part of the web I’m lurking in.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
I apologize to you guys, but would it be possible to have you guys explain to me how to use the iSpire wand and Dynavap like I’m a dang idiot? A good guide would work too.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Piquai Souban posted:

I apologize to you guys, but would it be possible to have you guys explain to me how to use the iSpire wand and Dynavap like I’m a dang idiot? A good guide would work too.

I like using an insert, but I’m going to assume you don’t have one.

Temp setting doesn’t matter. Double click the button, it’ll go into “auto” with a red pulse.

Insert the dynavap from the bottom with the tip resting on the lip inside the wand. The pulse will turn yellow indicating it’s sensed metal and is heating.

Hold till your desired click. Experiment with one click, two clicks or count light pulses after the click.

Get high.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I disagree with not caring about temp settings. I set the maximum at 230C so as not to accidentally overheat and damage the cap.

I hold until 5 light pulses after the second click. Ensures the tip is uniformly heated.

Here's a demo with an empty tip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MdhATD2ksw

Things to note: a bit of steam vapour isn't anything to worry about.

My tip looks a little different from yours (maybe) because my cap is wrapped in a optional copper jacket. This means the tip takes longer to warm up, but the time it stays hot is longer so I can do much longer draws.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 28, 2023

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Fine, but it’s not going to change anything about how the dynavap heats.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Had some RSO+ and a 20mg edible and I might go rip'n'hoot the ol' bong

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

Carth Dookie posted:

I disagree with not caring about temp settings. I set the maximum at 230C so as not to accidentally overheat and damage the cap.

I hold until 5 light pulses after the second click. Ensures the tip is uniformly heated.

Thanks to you and eddiewalker - had been futzing but wasn’t sure I was working it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Posted a video edit into my last post.