Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Listening to the boos Danny got when he bonked Action with the bat, I don't worry about his future.
Also, isn't it weird that the mask makers are suing 'Saurus and the Boy personally, rather than AEW. Where they selling copies of the mask out of a car boot after shows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Mr. Squishy posted:

Also, isn't it weird that the mask makers are suing 'Saurus and the Boy personally, rather than AEW. Where they selling copies of the mask out of a car boot after shows?

This is just speculation from someone who isn't a lawyer so take it with a mountain of salt, but maybe Luchasaurus gave AEW permission to sell merch related to it, which wasn't a license he had the right to give?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I didn't like the name "Lucha"saurus before but now that he is making unauthorized merchandise he has earned the title.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

More like Lucresaurus.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Activia posted:

I like the accountabilibuddy story. Sammy’s teaching him everything he knows!

he has leather pants now

Yeah I've absolutely loved this whole thing, Sammy's advice being nothing but "wear leather pants" is such a perfect summation of the JAS as a whole.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Fancy Hat posted:

Yeah I've absolutely loved this whole thing, Sammy's advice being nothing but "wear leather pants" is such a perfect summation of the JAS as a whole.

When does he wear the leather pants and the backwards kangol

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Dango Bango posted:

This plus doesn't he have removable fake teeth?

https://youtu.be/DDH85Z2tqJs

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Action needs to lose the mid 2000's ring gear

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yuta got away with wearing those terrible wrestling shoes for months Action Andretti’s Buzz Lightyear tights are a much lesser crime

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

A Fancy Hat posted:

i really wanted the pants to play a part in him losing on rampage last week and and i'm glad ex mentioned them on dynamite wednesday

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Oasx posted:

It may just be me, but I feel like the only one who hasn’t benefited from joining the JAS is Daniel Garcia.
He started off really strong with the BCC storyline but then it just fell apart, and since then he’s just been another guy in the crowd, I feel like there was a lot more hype about him when him he was just with 2.0.

Garcia's hype definitely peaked with the will he/won't he thing when he was choosing between Jericho and Danielson. I think maybe they still see the potential in him as a big babyface, because they could easily push the Sammy mentorship too far to the point he snaps and turns on JAS.

TBH I'm most bummed about 2.0 in JAS than anyone else. They get on TV and cut promos every now and then but I really can't remember the last time they wrestled on Dynamite or Rampage. Was it the Hook/Action Bronson thing? Maybe there's a super secret reason for them not wrestling so much lately, but I'd really love to see them doing more and getting a bigger spotlight.

magiccarpet posted:

Action needs to lose the mid 2000's ring gear

Yeah, his gear stinks. Looking like Buzz Lightyear out there.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe there's a super secret reason for them not wrestling so much lately, but I'd really love to see them doing more and getting a bigger spotlight.

i think menard is hurt to poo poo

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I have questions. 1) did they really? 2) how much did they go for? 3) do we know what kind of candy bar (king sized of course) was chosen?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Quarts.

Ganso Bomb posted:

TBH I'm most bummed about 2.0 in JAS than anyone else. They get on TV and cut promos every now and then but I really can't remember the last time they wrestled on Dynamite or Rampage. Was it the Hook/Action Bronson thing? Maybe there's a super secret reason for them not wrestling so much lately, but I'd really love to see them doing more and getting a bigger spotlight.

The super secret reason is that they're a prelim level tag team who are just there to be goons, first for Garcia, now for Jericho.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

should go in the op imo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I have also heard that Daddy Magic is banged up and taking it easy. Dark Elevation is sort of an convalescent's chair, Kingston was there after Janella cracked his orbital bone.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

rantmo posted:

I have questions. 1) did they really? 2) how much did they go for? 3) do we know what kind of candy bar (king sized of course) was chosen?

The sale got taken down because eBay considered it body parts

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

MJeff posted:

The super secret reason is that they're a prelim level tag team

Daddy Magic's nipples deserve the bright lights of the main event

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

History Comes Inside! posted:

The sale got taken down because eBay considered it body parts

Aww, I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
2.0 is cool and I think we'll get a 2.0 and Garcia vs JAS feud at some point but it's almost a shame because this seems like their ideal role. They are getting paid to act ridiculous, cut promos, take a bump every few weeks and go crazy on Dark Elevation. It's the run people claim Kevin Nash had.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I was at Dynamite Wednesday night, and during the Hayter/Emi match (which is really good) , the couple of gross sexist turds behind me kept going "this match sucks. How long is this match? Are all they gonna do is chop? Why won't it end?" and really pissed me off and i was half drunk anyway so I turned around and kinda loudly said "yeah, i hate it when great matches keep going, too. If you don't like this, please kindly gently caress off and leave. Why are you even here?" They did leave like 3 minutes later. I was tired of their crap and they had been saying stupid poo poo the whole show and I was able to tune them out for the most part but why the gently caress did they go to a wrestling show if they hate good wrestling?

Best part, the wife of the turd couple had giant scissors for the Acclaimed who did not come out during Dynamite, but The Acclaimed did come out after the whole show for an entrance rap and feel good moment helping a dude propose to his fiance and let them get in the ring and scissor everyone and it was fun and the rear end in a top hat couple missed it.

edit: they were also saying sexist poo poo during the Ruby/Storm match (which wasn't the best match, but also they needed to shut the gently caress up) and during women's matches on Dark, so can we all guess the pattern?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

enigmahfc posted:

I was at Dynamite Wednesday night, and during the Hayter/Emi match (which is really good) , the couple of gross sexist turds behind me kept going "this match sucks. How long is this match? Are all they gonna do is chop? Why won't it end?" and really pissed me off and i was half drunk anyway so I turned around and kinda loudly said "yeah, i hate it when great matches keep going, too. If you don't like this, please kindly gently caress off and leave. Why are you even here?" They did leave like 3 minutes later. I was tired of their crap and they had been saying stupid poo poo the whole show and I was able to tune them out for the most part but why the gently caress did they go to a wrestling show if they hate good wrestling?

Best part, the wife of the turd couple had giant scissors for the Acclaimed who did not come out during Dynamite, but The Acclaimed did come out after the whole show for an entrance rap and feel good moment helping a dude propose to his fiance and let them get in the ring and scissor everyone and it was fun and the rear end in a top hat couple missed it.

edit: they were also saying sexist poo poo during the Ruby/Storm match (which wasn't the best match, but also they needed to shut the gently caress up) and during women's matches on Dark, so can we all guess the pattern?

Did everyone in your section stand up and clap after you told them off?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Theory confirmed on Jan 6th

MY GOD

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

Seems like it was just a personal conversation between the two parties and the situation was resolved.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

1glitch0 posted:

I think so, but on camera it will coincide with a really cool move to it'll probably seem like that was the reason they clapped but it was actually for me and my cool as gently caress attitude and the skateboard i had tucked under my arm

also, i was just relating a story about rear end in a top hat wrestling fans, no need to be one yourself.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fastest way for action andretti to get a persona is to lean all the way into his Lisa Frank gear, get some Bret Hart shades, start wearing very loud synthwave jackets, and have the announcer introduce him as The Lionkiller or some poo poo. turn him insufferably cocky until someone like PAC comes down the ramp to kill him a few months later

poo poo he might actually just turn into Sammy Guevara this way but lol

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I laughed through this entire thing. I really missed out on not getting into the Briscoes/ROH during that era, huh?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The best way for action andretti to get over is to go to Impact where he will be a guy from Other Fed What's He Doing In The Impact Zone and will win the world title

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

Unfortunately that's not that uncommon. Live wrestling is awesome but there are often rear end in a top hat fans. Guess that's probably true of any gathering of thousands of people though.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I thought this was really cool, even though I don't share the specific faith that Mark has. Just incredible to see him so calm, this soon after Jay passed. And to hear Caprice say that Mark was consoling the locker room instead of the other way around

https://twitter.com/CapriceColeman/status/1618640347067998209

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone was asking where Wardlow was and it looks like they did the injury in the Joe match because he has a minor injury and is taking time off, but should be back soon, according to the Observer.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Apparently, Kenny is having visa issues. Pretty hosed that an EVP and one of the faces of the company who's been living in Florida for years is having visa issues. But I guess that's wrestling, and immigration.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Apparently, Kenny is having visa issues. Pretty hosed that an EVP and one of the faces of the company who's been living in Florida for years is having visa issues. But I guess that's wrestling, and immigration.

Just have him marry one of the Americans on the roster. Problem solved.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

CopywrightMMXI posted:

My wife has watched a lot of 90 day fiancé so as a legal expert I can tell you this means he’d still have to wait several months before he could work and so isn’t the slam dunk you’d expect

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I'm the dude in the middle throwing his arms up and cheering.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

MassRafTer posted:

Someone was asking where Wardlow was and it looks like they did the injury in the Joe match because he has a minor injury and is taking time off, but should be back soon, according to the Observer.

Could work out well for him. Straight back into the TNT title scene, ROH TV title scene or personally would like to see a PPV program with MJF.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

MassRafTer posted:

that injury? a bruised ego from losing his cool manbun

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/DaxFTR/status/1619045161287446529

:unsmith:

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

enigmahfc posted:

I had a similar thing happen at the Austin show, the dudes behind us talking poo poo about the women and they also confused Lee Moriarty and Shawn Dean. My partner yelled at them during one of women's matchs and one of the dudes said he wasn't sexist and that she should look at his Reddit history, but the quited down before leaving all together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

CopywrightMMXI posted:

How can we turn this into a months long angle that culminates in a hilarious main event wedding segment, I’m thinking Kenny and Abadon. Cutler will be slammed into the cake and the decrepit elderly priest aka Eric Bischoff will shockingly be revealed to have been Kota Ibushi the whole time. The whole time.