Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Real hurthling! posted:

gonna buy my own road so i can drive drunk at home legally

That's just a driveway I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Real hurthling! posted:

It's probably cheaper to buy your local PD some assault weapons

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

whaley posted:

if you havent driven high and drunk you havent really lived

On the other hand, if you haven't, other people might have lived.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Real hurthling! posted:

this probably varies by state, some laws are basically no operation of anything allowed anywhere at any time when intoxicated

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
people in some states can get duis for being drunk on lawnmowers or even bikes

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I thought the entire point of riding lawnmowers was to make it easier to drink beer while you're doing it

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

cat botherer posted:

I thought the entire point of riding lawnmowers was to make it easier to drink beer while you're doing it

drinking isnt being intoxicated fwiw

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

BonHair posted:

Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan at a guess.

Also thanks for telling me once again that America is a gently caress. The idea that your best bet is having a sober friend to drive you home makes me claustrophobic, you can't just leave when you want.

Or you can get sexually assaulted by a stranger or roofied in public which happens way more often when you don't have a safe way to get home drunk

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
exactly, what is this, nazi germany?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

BonHair posted:

How does getting home after a night on the town even work in America? Normally, you get the bus/train after buying some lovely fast food, but America only has cars and apparently you can't even buy a burger without a car?

I mean, aside from drunk driving.

let me tell you about drinking and driving

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Uhh4nkLpub0

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

If I'm ever riding my bike on Friday or Saturday afternoons there are certain roads I avoid because they lead to boat ramps and I have seen some absolutely crazy driving out there that I assume is the result of a day on the lake with a case of beer.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A Bakers Cousin posted:

people in some states can get duis for being drunk on lawnmowers or even bikes

That's because they take them on public roads, usually to go buy more beer. If you're just hammered and cutting large circles in your grass, cops won't give a gently caress.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

That's because they take them on public roads, usually to go buy more beer. If you're just hammered and cutting large circles in your grass, cops won't give a gently caress.

the best ones are the Amish youth on rumspringa who get arrested for dui using a horse and buggy

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arivia posted:

the best ones are the Amish youth on rumspringa who get arrested for dui using a horse and buggy

Those are good, but not quite "arrested for dui on motorized cooler" good.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/drunken-driving-motorized-beer-cart_n_922552

God bless australia.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Those are good, but not quite "arrested for dui on motorized cooler" good.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/drunken-driving-motorized-beer-cart_n_922552

God bless australia.
Get on this guy's level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30InBgGhiSo

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Arivia posted:

I thought the whole point of a horse is that it can still drive even if you're drunk

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i mean its not even letting an AI drive its just an I

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
in my zone dui kicks in if you're even riding a bicycle or doing a horse & carriage. Horses are usually p harnessed up in that situation i guess.

the exception is if you're riding a horse, instead of having it pull a vehicle. In that case the horse is probably loose enough and sober enough for it to be fine.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

SniperWoreConverse posted:

in my zone dui kicks in if you're even riding a bicycle or doing a horse & carriage. Horses are usually p harnessed up in that situation i guess.

the exception is if you're riding a horse, instead of having it pull a vehicle. In that case the horse is probably loose enough and sober enough for it to be fine.

You know what, fair

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

apologies for posting screenshots of text

:qq:

:ohdear:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Both of those posts are very satisfying thank you

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Drunk driving kills one person per million miles on average. Eating in a restaurant during covid has a 1 in 50,000 chance of killing you if you're under 65. All kind of risk metrics are really screwed up now, like how mall Santas now have a more dangerous job than lumberjacks and active-duty troops.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Or you can get sexually assaulted by a stranger or roofied in public which happens way more often when you don't have a safe way to get home drunk

A friend of mine was out with a friend of hers and they got hit on by a creep, and he roofie'd her friend's drink but not hers, and she told me it gave her the weirdest case of disgust and horror mixed with "wow ok, am I not good enough bud??"

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Chamale posted:

Drunk driving kills one person per million miles on average. Eating in a restaurant during covid has a 1 in 50,000 chance of killing you if you're under 65. All kind of risk metrics are really screwed up now, like how mall Santas now have a more dangerous job than lumberjacks and active-duty troops.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Chamale posted:

Those aren't comparable at all though they're measuring totally different things :colbert:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

A Bakers Cousin posted:

i mean its not even letting an AI drive its just an I
have you ever met a horse, I'd argue that it's closer to an A than an I

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Shame Boy posted:

Those aren't comparable at all though they're measuring totally different things :colbert:

How many covid-linked restaurant deaths are there per million miles, then?

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

do hours driven vs. hours dined

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Most deaths happen within one mile of an Applebees.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Shame Boy posted:

A friend of mine was out with a friend of hers and they got hit on by a creep, and he roofie'd her friend's drink but not hers, and she told me it gave her the weirdest case of disgust and horror mixed with "wow ok, am I not good enough bud??"

When a friend of mine went to university there was a guy in their year who would roofie one or multiple young women every party. Apparently he was a quiet, somewhat likeable guy. At one party a girl started feeling it and her boyfriend took her to her room after announcing he was going to kill any male that opened her door.

Eventually they were able to narrow it down to this guy but the university/ cops wouldn’t take action, so a group of guys that included the boyfriends of the women he’d drugged all piled into his room and told him it would be a good idea if he dropped out asap, which he did.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what if the horse is drunk but your sober?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Show me the law that says a horse cant be drunk :colbert:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

The Nastier Nate posted:

what if the horse is drunk but your sober?

that horse ain't operating no vehicle.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I visited a ranch once and one of the stable hands was just popping beers and setting them in front of a horse that would grab them with his teeth and chug them. horse drank a six pack in like a minute.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
"OFficer I AM A FREE HORSE ON THE LAND-"

**gets tased**

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

RandolphCarter posted:

I visited a ranch once and one of the stable hands was just popping beers and setting them in front of a horse that would grab them with his teeth and chug them. horse drank a six pack in like a minute.

lol why

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

can’t remember, it was almost 30 years ago.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

should’ve said he was thirsty god damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emf
Aug 1, 2002

you ever hear the phrase "piss like a horse"?

now you know where it comes from