Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Hm directions for these White House sliders call for a microwave, which I ain’t got. So should I bake with a pan of water/ toss em the toaster oven or throw the Pattie’s in a skillet and toast up the buns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I don't get why you'd watch the video. That's traumatizing stuff.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Yeah I certainly won't be watching that

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m kind of surprised the Moscow, ID killings haven’t represented a moment of reckoning for the harmful effects of true crime media similar to what we saw for video games following Columbine.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Nypd all LE officers never miss an opportunity for overtime

Thinking about the mother of an old girlfriend of mine, who was paid like 50$/hr cash to sit in her taxpayer funded cruiser, wearing her taxpayer funded uniform, while she watched movies in a hotel parking lot 2 or 3 nights a week.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dango Bango posted:

I don't get why you'd watch the video. That's traumatizing stuff.

There are a lot of good reasons to do it. First and foremost to demonstrate it actually happened. That may seem silly, but the Paul Pelosi attack footage was also released today and the judge specifically cited misinformation and conspiracy theories as one reason why it was made public. Second, it needs to be conveyed how bad this poo poo is. People are always downplaying how bad things are. Remember the one poo poo head journalist who kept bragging that water boarding wasn't so bad and then when he volunteered for a baby waterboarding immediately changed his tune? That's why the brutality needs to be conveyed, otherwise some people (and you know who) will simply say "oh they got some love taps while being shoved into cuffs, who cares?!" As an individual, you can obviously choose not to, but it remains important for the public at large to see it for those lessons to form in an indelible way.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a sexual elk posted:

Hm directions for these White House sliders call for a microwave, which I ain’t got. So should I bake with a pan of water/ toss em the toaster oven or throw the Pattie’s in a skillet and toast up the buns?

Each of these options works from what I can tell, steaming will give you softer buns, other options a little more toasted. They're fully cooked so really you're just warming them up in whatever way works for you.

*-as a fan of the worst fast food in the world in general I really miss having a White House somewhere in the city.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 28, 2023

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

toasting a white castle burger bun and putting the patty in the skillet is some of the most lunatic behavior poo poo ive ever heard in my life

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

There are a lot of good reasons to do it. First and foremost to demonstrate it actually happened. That may seem silly, but the Paul Pelosi attack footage was also released today and the judge specifically cited misinformation and conspiracy theories as one reason why it was made public. Second, it needs to be conveyed how bad this poo poo is. People are always downplaying how bad things are. Remember the one poo poo head journalist who kept bragging that water boarding wasn't so bad and then when he volunteered for a baby waterboarding immediately changed his tune? That's why the brutality needs to be conveyed, otherwise some people (and you know who) will simply say "oh they got some love taps while being shoved into cuffs, who cares?!" As an individual, you can obviously choose not to, but it remains important for the public at large to see it for those lessons to form in an indelible way.

They should release it because its in the public interest.

Its kinda funny that was the intention because the Pelosi video just raises a bunch more questions than it answers because it does not match up with the first version of events - at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FizFashizzle posted:

Reportedly nypd have shut down grand central station in anticipation of the Memphis police murder release.

Apparently this is also about a different protest already going on about shutting down Rikers, but it might be both since they anticipate it to be bad.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

toasting a white castle burger bun and putting the patty in the skillet is some of the most lunatic behavior poo poo ive ever heard in my life

You're thinking way too fancy, you're just warming that up, the whole thing goes onto whatever heating device you're using. We're eating frozen White Castle sliders here, there's no judgment past that.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alaois posted:

look, steamed hams is a regional thing

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you open one end of the bag, you put the bag in the microwave, you pull it out and tear open the bag and eat them. if you don't have a microwave, you can't eat frozen white castle cheeseburgers. that's the rule, they're fit only for people who would own microwaves

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The cops won't defend it, its gotta be abominable.

https://twitter.com/GLFOP/status/1619092887291183104?t=o9AnfyHbIAbIHXGPBNasgw&s=19

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

the videos are here if anyone can stomach them

https://vimeo.com/cityofmemphis

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

a sexual elk posted:

Do you have a rice cooker with a steamer basket? Or an instant pot with a steamer rack? I would throw some water in the bottom of the pan and steam those babies for a few min with one of those appliances if I didn't have a microwave (wtf).

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
My place didn't have a working microwave when I moved in and I was a combo of too cheap and occasionally too broke to buy one, so I spent my first 2 years here without one. Once my partner moved in we got one but until then I just reheated stuff in the stove or made things that were fine to eat cold.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Vertical Lime posted:

the videos are here if anyone can stomach them

https://vimeo.com/cityofmemphis

Yeah, this is on a whole new level... There isn't even the semblance of "he was resisting".

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

Do you have a rice cooker with a steamer basket? Or an instant pot with a steamer rack? I would throw some water in the bottom of the pan and steam those babies for a few min with one of those appliances if I didn't have a microwave (wtf).

Neither of those. Microwave crapped out about 6 months ago and I’m brooooke. Good side of not having one is lost buncha weight cause you gotta be pretty hungry to toast/bake something. Plus smaller portions cause reheating stuff is more work

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I don’t think I can stomach to watch that video. Someone just tell me if it’s really as awful as everyone was saying earlier today.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, don't watch it.

Hey, could you 6'er me actually? I should take the night off rather then say what's going on in my head about that right now.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Yeah, this is on a whole new level... There isn't even the semblance of "he was resisting".

The one dude in video 3 who got tired and angry, then just whipped out his baton and smote him is fuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

They’re all hosed since they lynched him, but that guy especially just casually whipped it out, stated his intention, then lit him up while he was defenseless.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Robert Evans has a thread
https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1619127848253681664?t=jFWJQjJ03ZIOkmLyGFh9Yw&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the police

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
There’s four different videos, there from the cop cameras and then one from a pole that’s down the street.

I’ll spoiler the description.

The three videos from the cop cameras are the cops showing up after the other two are already there and beating on Tyre. The other three join in. One keeps yelling at him to give him his hands to cuff him but Tyre is so out of it he’s not really complying so they beat on him some more. One of the cops has mace and tells the other cops to get back and absolutely douses Tyre with mace. But then also sprays himself and the other cops, which just pisses him off and he takes out a baton and starts hitting Tyre in the head. This goes on for a while and they get cuffs on him and sit him up against a car but he’s clearly unconscious or near it because he keeps falling over and they just prop him back up. Eventually an EMT starts looking at him but didn’t seem to be doing much.

After that there’s not much else that I could see.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I don’t think I can stomach to watch that video. Someone just tell me if it’s really as awful as everyone was saying earlier today.

Two of the officers are holding the victim down screaming for his hands while he screams for his mom, a third officer stands over him and empties his pepper spray directly into the victim's face (while still on the ground held by the other two) a few times, before apparently accidentally inhaling or getting it into his own eyes. He takes a breather for about 90 seconds, before casually strolling back up, pulling out his baton, and cracking the victim across the head and torso a few times with his baton. Then a fourth officer has the first two hold the victim up, while he launches a whole buncha haymakers into the victim's face. Like, it's a straight up "hold this guy so we can beat him to death" kind of situation, and absolutely no provocative acts or active resistance or anything, they're annoyed they had to stop him and were treated with anything other than the utmost and immediate deference, and they take it out with fists and clubs until the guy's dead.

Edit, sorry, didn't spoiler it

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Video 4 has has one cops just straight up lying Tyre was going for his gun and all the other backing him up on it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I have some stories about what people have worn to court. Our court is still in-person optionable and most social workers, attorneys, and clients attend via zoom so it's not as much of a thing but in the before times there would be at least a yearly reminder about approproate court attire. Crocs would generally not be appropriate for professional. Neither are short shorts and a tub top, pants with a hole in the crotch, flip flops, a giant beach hat and long t-shirt.

Some of it dumb though, like clean and nice jeans should be fine but they're not. Open toed shoes are also banned and lale professionals should wear a tie but it's not formally required.

Clients can wear what they want and I've seen folks come to court in stuff ranging from full on 3 piece suits to their actual stripper costume under a long coat since they were on their way to work. A client showed up in a white power band shirt and called me racist against my own people since I helped remove his kids from what's best described as an RV meth den that created more meth.

On a less unpleasant topic, I've taken the return to in-person hearings to officially ditch the coat and tie, I'll still throw on a nice shirt/sweater and slacks, but that's the most they're getting out of me anymore unless I'm explicitly reproached for it, and nobody seems to care so far. I have a whole high-minded rant about it being inherently classist to demand as such while reinforcing the patriarchal system of power repressing our clients, to say nothing of absurd even when just applied to the professionals present as there's such massive pay disparity between various parties, but I basically just think it's dumb and annoying and uncomfortable and don't really want to do it anymore.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Ok, well I read the descriptions and now I’m really loving mad, and I’m glad I didn’t watch the video. Terrible, just loving terrible. I don’t even know how people can become this awful, even though I know the world is full of them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So I have been playing Fire Emblem Engage for a week now.

How is this game so good at everything that Three Houses was bad at, and vice versa?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I liked 3H a lot and a lot of it's systems so uh think I'll pass

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So that video was as much Rodney King The Next Generation as I feared it was gonna be.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

I liked 3H a lot and a lot of it's systems so uh think I'll pass

The gameplay in Engage is so much better.

The characters and story in 3H is so much better.

The visuals in Engage are so much better.

The music in 3H is so much better.

It's like different teams made both games

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

a neat cape posted:

well, Three Houses was co-developed with Koei-Tecmo, specifically Koei's Kou Shibusawa studio

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Leperflesh posted:

Well! Ankylos are my favorite dinos and cats are my favorite mammals, so a cat-sized ankylo is basically the ideal dinosaur IMO

ty

Is it still a Thagomizer at that size?

Bird in a Blender posted:

The fact that so many people are warning about how terrible it is, but also that everyone was told yesterday what time this was getting released makes me really curious what will actually happen today. Are protests already in the works before the video comes out? Are we going to see "spontaneous" protests tonight? Just feels so different than before because Floyd came out of nowhere. This has been talked about for weeks already.

There's a heavy undercurrent going around of "well you know how THEY are gonna respond" that's pretty amazingly unsubtle

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

dirty shrimp money posted:

So that video was as much Rodney King The Next Generation as I feared it was gonna be.

You know, they kept talking about him being “on something” and “high as a motherfucker” as if that warrants a death sentence.

It’s insane how often I hear that as like boilerplate copspeak on the street every shift. Like, who gives a gently caress if they’re on something?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Meanwhile, Jason Whitlock

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1619145708493209602

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Do they have dumb gender locked classes?

And death to weapon triangle

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Its Rinaldo posted:

Do they have dumb gender locked classes?

And death to weapon triangle

They do not, as far as I've seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Covered in cats.