Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Lostconfused posted:

Another fallen hero of Ukraine

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1619024238966620162

He might have not been Ukrainian, but he was galician in spirit.

https://twitter.com/AdamekMiroslav/status/1619055340422832128

was there any major belarusian group collaborating with the nazis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Megamissen posted:

Kaminski Brigade and Lokot, but not really on the same scale. Some Trawniki Men and ROA as well.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
how the gently caress do you become a Byelorussian nazi

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Starsfan posted:

the slow creeping style seems to be serving Russia pretty well, I don't see why you'd move away from it when it's the Ukrainians taking it in the teeth right now.

Montgomery would call it “crumbling” :eng101:

You beat the poo poo out of your enemy with massive artillery/air bombardment and then slowly and methodically pick apart his line, taking what he’s now unable to hold until eventually he’s left with nothing.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
lol that the wars of the 21st century with hihg speed low drag operators operating just become the CW's doctrine.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Admittedly, Affirmative Action Empire is actually a pretty well known book and is generally considered one of the better works on the nationalities system even if it has a fairly ridiculous name. It also I don’t think really supports a clear monarchist point unless you think giving any cultural or linguistic rights is inherently wrong.

Turtle Sandbox posted:

We did 20 years in the middle east and it was guchi, why can't the Russian military just maintain a presence in the same way?

To be fair also, these two countries were also part of the same only 30 years ago, it’s a bit different. It also seems like the integration of the current territories mostly went forward okay (the ones the Russians continue to hold at least).

———

Also, I don’t really think the current Russian strategy is due to a failure of tactics or training, but it is simply the logical course of action. The Russians have greatly reduced the losses they have been taking while still keeping Ukrainian losses high, time is working for the Russians. Why commit to a giant offensive as soon as possible?

There is too many glory hunters on both sides in this thing.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Pres-ident Zelenskyy’s declared objectives have changed over time, but, as of December 2022, his stated goal is to retake all of Ukraine’s territory, including Crimea and the areas of the Donbas that Russia has occupied since 2014. Still, com-plete territorial reconquest would not constitute an abso-lute victory. If the Ukrainian military were to eject Rus-sian forces from Ukraine, they would doubtless seriously degrade the Russian army in the process. Nonetheless, Russia would have a wide variety of capabilities on its terri-tory and beyond—particularly the navy and the aerospace forces, which have not taken major losses in the war—that could enable continued strikes on targets deep within Ukraine. Russian ground forces could readily regroup and launch another large-scale offensive. To achieve absolute victory, Ukraine would have to deny Russia the ability to contest its territorial control. Forcing the Russian military to cross the international border would not produce that outcome. And although Ukraine has surprised observers with its ability to defend its own homeland, it is fanciful to imagine that it could destroy Russia’s ability to wage war.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

The only solution is to the Urals!

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Tankbuster posted:

lol that the wars of the 21st century with hihg speed low drag operators operating just become the CW's doctrine.

Fancy manoeuvres, rapid dashes into the enemy’s rear and big encirclements are always what get people going, but the actual trade of winning a war is a lot less, shall we say, “aesthetically pleasing”.

Rommel might be considered a military genius for all his daring-do, but Rommel also lost.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

He was a member of Young Front, a Belarussian youth organisation who have praised Bandera; Roman Shuhevich; Stanislav Bulak-Balakhovich, a noted Pogromist; Mikhal Vitushka, an SS officer and Vincent Godlewski, a Nazi collaborator.
https://www.svaboda.org/a/25312763.html

Cerebral Bore posted:

is there any political tendency more embarrassing than monarchists for a monarchy that doesn't even exist anymore?

Rude!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanov_Empire_(micronation)

Frosted Flake posted:

Js a monarchy that doesn’t exist anymore would have prevented all of this and the Holocaust. Seriously and sincerely, there would be vibrant communities of Jews, Poles and Russians side by side with Ukrainians in Lwow and Kiev. It just isn’t the Russian monarchy.

I like monarchies that aren't exiled by their subjects.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Megamissen posted:

Michał Vituška who I mentioned led the 30 strong SS group, the Black Cats, an anti soviet Belorussian partisan group.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/theonion/status/1619100474958925824?s=46&t=G9KkIqLiP5H3dH5WlE0VCg

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wait, we sent him. Did Zelensky not get him?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

As if he'd ask for just one

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Lostconfused posted:

Another fallen hero of Ukraine

https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1619024238966620162

He might have not been Ukrainian, but he was galician in spirit.

https://twitter.com/AdamekMiroslav/status/1619055340422832128

Western Media: "The guys killing the fuckers in Stahlhelms with SS bolts are actually the bad guys."

Nice shooting, Russia.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015

Stop giving me more reasons to wish the USSR was still around.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Its still in our hearts :ussr:

Tankbuster has issued a correction as of 00:10 on Jan 28, 2023

Endman
May 18, 2010

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

Stop giving me more reasons to wish the USSR was still around.

*pats side of tank*

come take a seat comrade

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Cerebral Bore posted:

is there any political tendency more embarrassing than monarchists for a monarchy that doesn't even exist anymore?

a monarchist for a monarch that only notionally controls your country but is ultimately subservient to your culturally dominating southern neighbor

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cerebral Bore posted:

Monarchists for a monarchy that still exists, imo.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Please do not doxx The Heroes of Ukraine

https://twitter.com/KareemRifai/status/1618355089865048064?s=20

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Endman posted:

*pats side of tank*

come take a seat comrade

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cerebral Bore posted:

theyre also expats livign in germany

speng31b
May 8, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

wow, they enjoy the freedoms of the liberal West and this is how they use their gift. Disgusting

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ardennes posted:

Also, I don’t really think the current Russian strategy is due to a failure of tactics or training, but it is simply the logical course of action. The Russians have greatly reduced the losses they have been taking while still keeping Ukrainian losses high, time is working for the Russians. Why commit to a giant offensive as soon as possible?

There is too many glory hunters on both sides in this thing.

But the denizens of the internet crave entertainment in the format of a marvel cinematic movie battle scene.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Nice vatniks.

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

sum posted:

That's why there are alarms here and there, the streets are not empty. Everyone goes about their business. Or if you get to it anyway, because everything is closed, you can't run errands or shop, they talk.

The soldiers and policemen left here. You can dry it up a bit. A woman comments: if this continues, Hungarians really won't stay in Transcarpathia, because those who have dared to stay here so far would also flee.

"You can't live here anymore. They don't shoot for nothing, they don't have to run away from bombs. It is because of the power cuts that life stops all day. You can't cook, wash, many people can't even heat without electricity, in fact, we don't have water, you can't even flush the toilet, and sometimes it takes 8-10 hours. Hungarians who don't leave here will be taken anyway, it's just a matter of time"

Sounds like whoever is firing cruise missiles into the power grid is causing real hardship for these Hungarians.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

paul_soccer12 posted:

coworker who spent a few months in Latvia doing Canadian Army Reserves stuff and came back with a bunch of Ukraine tattoos said yesterday on a team meeting that he was in a convoy driving Ukrainian soldiers somewhere (in Ukraine) when their humvee got hit a with an RPG and he survived with cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder

now call me crazy but I think a reservist in a NATO army casually entering a warzone alongside belligerent soldiers of one side and getting attacked by Russia would be an international incident waiting to happen.

i think he MAY be full of poo poo

Now, wait a little. No one said it was the Russians that fired that RPG.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

lmao this tweet but for real:

https://twitter.com/nob69691/status/1506597166940311560?t=4mDF8M_ECSpXOomk4PEFFA&s=19

Weka
May 5, 2019

redneck nazgul posted:

a monarchist for a monarch that only notionally controls your country but is ultimately subservient to your culturally dominating southern neighbor

Please do not disrespect our quisling king.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

paul_soccer12 posted:

coworker who spent a few months in Latvia doing Canadian Army Reserves stuff and came back with a bunch of Ukraine tattoos said yesterday on a team meeting that he was in a convoy driving Ukrainian soldiers somewhere (in Ukraine) when their humvee got hit a with an RPG and he survived with cracked ribs and a dislocated shoulder

now call me crazy but I think a reservist in a NATO army casually entering a warzone alongside belligerent soldiers of one side and getting attacked by Russia would be an international incident waiting to happen.

i think he MAY be full of poo poo

Latvia...

Weka
May 5, 2019

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's the new monarchist hotbed.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Cerebral Bore posted:

my friend is an Australian who supports the British Monarchy which is filled by a German royal family

Endman
May 18, 2010

Me and the boys off to make some posts

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Endman posted:

Me and the boys off to make some posts

Praxis.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Js a monarchy that doesn’t exist anymore would have prevented all of this and the Holocaust. Seriously and sincerely, there would be vibrant communities of Jews, Poles and Russians side by side with Ukrainians in Lwow and Kiev. It just isn’t the Russian monarchy.

hahah yes yes!

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

god drat just completely destroyed him

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

mawarannahr posted:

dumbther failinger

lol

seriously though, NATO needs turkey in that bitch so hard it's not even funny

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Swapping Turkey for Finland & Sweden would be pretty hilarious. Unintended consequences and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tankbuster posted:

🙏