Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you think of the new international distribution deal?
This poll is closed.
Hate it 12 16.90%
REALLY hate it 16 22.54%
Hello, my name is Bob Chapek 43 60.56%
Total: 71 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
delightful! love how almost every shot has some revolvers flopping around, and i think i saw the doctor with a gun too lol. since there is a history of musical in Doctor Who we are long overdue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1618707930945314816?s=20&t=fv5ACi2p09d5F23OVLAa3w

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Really hope they do something with that before they lose anyone :ohdear:

Could have a lot of fun with it, I imagine

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That was wonderful, and the babby Sea Devil was very cute!

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
RTD confirms that Who spin-offs are indeed coming!

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/russell-t-davies-nolly-doctor-who-interview-2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that he excitedly asks about the Edgar Wright rumor in case the journalist knows more than he does :allears:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Wonder what would even be a spin-off as it currently stands. A Torchwood/Unit thing might need some sort of reintroduction in the next series or so to establish it again. Severe long shot but even like a limited series of 8th Doctor Adventures would be neat just to get him more screen time.

It's a bit hard to see the vision at the moment for me since the Doctor is the interesting part of it all, not the supporting cast, before it goes all Doctor Who Shared Universe.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Animated Adventures of Six and Frobisher, coming soon

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Eight: Time War seems a given

Also, please do more with Jo Martin!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Start by giving Paul, Jo, and Kingston their own series

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I can see some slight stepping on Big Finish’s toes about to happen:

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Also, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdDXQ2h1Pc

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Also, I heard there was an episode with Kylie in it! That must be a fondly remembered musical extravaganza brimming with toe-tapping pop hits.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Coward posted:

Also, I heard there was an episode with Kylie in it! That must be a fondly remembered musical extravaganza brimming with toe-tapping pop hits.

You cant hire the lead actress from Streetfighter then waste that acting talent on a song and dance number.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

For years the cowards at the BBC have been refusing to give me the televised 8th Doctor Adventures to air between new seasons of the current Who, but no more! :argh:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

egon_beeblebrox posted:

The Animated Adventures of Six and Frobisher, coming soon

Animated Doctor Who would be great because a la Big Finish, all the living actors could play their younger selves. But if you wanted a Lower Decks style comedy, 6 and Frobisher would work great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Eight: Time War seems a given

I would really really really like to see McGann get an 8th Doctor mini series, he could have USA based adventures to keep inline with the theme of the movie

:allears:

quote:

Also, please do more with Jo Martin!

:yeah: Honestly just come up with whatever macguffin you need to seperate her from the Timeless Child nonsense a bit, and keep her about.

Still think she should have been a super early introduction of a future regeneration.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jerusalem posted:

For years the cowards at the BBC have been refusing to give me the televised 8th Doctor Adventures to air between new seasons of the current Who, but no more! :argh:

No more, you say

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

jivjov posted:

No more, you say

I wonder how many walls the War Doctor practiced shooting words into until he got it just right?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

No more, you say

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

jivjov posted:

No more, you say

https://youtu.be/a8HoZlhenZ4?t=139

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I wonder how many walls the War Doctor practiced shooting words into until he got it just right?

“The Doctor has left a message, sir!”

“Not again! What is it this time?l

Camera pans to a hologram showing a wall with the words “No mauve” shot into it.

Cut to the War Doctor. “drat, I almost had it.”

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

"What the hell does "NO MC" mean?"
"I ran out of bullets on the O. This is why I hate guns."

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1619712721963843584
https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1619697370521899016

I wonder if we'll get more Class under RTD

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Infinitum posted:

Was LSD involved?
The Unstable Regeneration doctor looks like a loon!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/1619999072378839041?t=z9yg9azL_wbj1PDlEN26Rg&s=19

And with Caitlin Blackwood as a teen Amelia!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Missy and Lil' Amelia :hellyeah:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Edit:

Never mind. I'm getting scrambled.

Doctor Who good.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

Doctor Who good.

Hmmmm.

I dunno about this...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Random Stranger posted:

Doctor Who good.

Bold words in this thread

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Oh Caitlin was the younger version of Amy from the Eleventh Hour

....and she is now almost as old as Karen Gillan was when she was introduced as Amelia.

God drat, I'm getting ancient.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
This week's random story was The Visitation, an utterly by the numbers story with a terrible ending that is very charming still. Big fan of the "villain" getting just incredibly frustrated by everything that's going on

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's been awhile since I saw it, but from memory doesn't the entire reason for their presence boil down to:

Doctor: Okay let's just find a quick excuse to slip awa-
Supporting Character: Oh are you the man we invited to come here to play a game of cricket?
Doctor: Well I suppose there's no rush to leave...

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It's been awhile since I saw it, but from memory doesn't the entire reason for their presence boil down to:

Doctor: Okay let's just find a quick excuse to slip awa-
Supporting Character: Oh are you the man we invited to come here to play a game of cricket?
Doctor: Well I suppose there's no rush to leave...

That's Black Orchid, The Visitation is the one with the terileptils and Eric Saward's fanfic version of Henry Jago from some scripts he wrote a decade earlier

Zaroff
Nov 10, 2009

Nothing in the world can stop me now!
Isn’t The Visitation another of those stories where Saward clearly wants to write a story with his own special characters but is forced to include the Doctor - similar to Revelation of the Daleks?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's Black Orchid, The Visitation is the one with the terileptils and Eric Saward's fanfic version of Henry Jago from some scripts he wrote a decade earlier

:doh:

Yep, I completely mixed them up!

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Zaroff posted:

Isn’t The Visitation another of those stories where Saward clearly wants to write a story with his own special characters but is forced to include the Doctor - similar to Revelation of the Daleks?

This was his first story, and in this one the guy spends basically all of his time around the Doctor. Henry Jago is more proactive in the same archetype, even, and Talons isn't one with the Lytton problem of Revelation or, worse, Attack

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Lytton should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

Also whenever he's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "where's Lytton?".

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

FreezingInferno posted:

Lytton should be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine.

Also whenever he's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "where's Lytton?".

You can find out in his comic book written by Eric Saward

https://www.cutawaycomics.co.uk/publications/lytton-intergalactic-freelance-soldier

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Poor Saward, stuck as script editor for a main character who didn't like shooting people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Coward posted:

Poor Saward, stuck as script editor for a main character who didn't like shooting people.
"Look, all I ever wanted was to be in charge of writing a science fiction show where I could put a morally compromised man of violence who shoots lots of people at the centre of the action.

And then I ended up as script editor of Doctor Who. WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME, FATE?"