Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

c0 benny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Coolness Averted posted:

Are there any healers that are actually bad at healing in this game? All of the ones I've tried get that job done, it's just the other utility or dps loss of on field ones like Qiqi that can prove a problem.

Noelle's probably the worst healer until she's geared up and with full constellations

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Noelle's probably the worst healer until she's geared up and with full constellations
She's still kind of bad even geared up really since she requires a lot of on field time to do the healing since each individual pulse is kind of pathetic. On the other hand it is still party wide heals and good luck to anything on field actually trying to kill a C6 Noelle while she's spinning around like a geo blender.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

I'm not a big fan of trying to keep her optimal rotation, especially since the game doesn't show timers on offfield characters, or remaining duration for that matter with on fielders. Benny and Qiqi are much more forgiving on that front.

Are there any healers that are actually bad at healing in this game? All of the ones I've tried get that job done, it's just the other utility or dps loss of on field ones like Qiqi that can prove a problem.

Yeah basically every healerhas more than enough healing so the measure of healers is "what do they do other than refill your'e hp"

the two exceptions i know of ('healers' who aren't actually good at healing) are both geo
noelle is the free character that everyone gets from the newbie gacha and i get the feeling that they originally meant for her to be your free healer, but eventually realized that was bad and added the free barbara
she is pretty bad at both healing and shielding since her shield has bad uptime and she only heals by staying on field and smacking stuff herself (with a 0 damage healer build!) while her shield is up. great DPS though

the other bad geo healer is C4 gorou. they released him right around the time riftwolves were a big thing so I thought his C4 was gonna be like the "we are selling you a solution to the shield piercing DoTs for your geo zhongli teams!" thing
but it turns out the healing from his C4 is bad and low so I just ignore it

plus technically you can count like heizou/sucrose/nahida/mona any other catalyst character as a bad healer if you give them proto amber.

Endorph posted:

kokomi is a better healer than benny because i hit e and characters are healed versus benny where i hit q and characters arent healed as much. hope this helps op

:wrong:

e:

Endorph posted:

c0 benny

also :wrong:

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 28, 2023

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The worst healer who gets used the most is Xingqiu. Confess your sins.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jan 28, 2023

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The worst healer who hets used the most is Xingqiu. Confess your sins.

Xingqiu on paper should be a terrible character because his kit is trying to do too many things at once.

It's just that one or two of those things in practice are still stupidly good in context with the rest of the game's mechanics.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
40 energy bursting on CD healing through Prototype Amber is good enough healing to sustain through overworld and even the abyss as long as you're not dealing with corrosion.

Xingqiu is the actual answer funnily enough. His healing is more for fixing small mistakes over time with the swords disappearing over time, but if you ult you don't get partial heals as the swords break one by one and only heal when the ult expires. To make matters worse, since the game pauses during the rewards screen in domains, if you finish the domain with his Q active it won't actually fade to heal whoever's active meaning you have to slow down to actually get the heal.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The worst healer who hets used the most is Xingqiu. Confess your sins.

He's the perfect healer for hutao, because that pittance means even less thinking about hp.

I want to say sayu kinda sucks at it, but that's almost certainly because mine is all em, and also doesn't have enough er, so even if I wanted her to do any healing, lol gotta farm up some energy first~

Also "stand in this circle" healers in general, because that just sucks.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If anyone is competing with Kokomi on the best healer competition it's Shinobu and it's weird she's not being mentioned more. Her healing has 100% uptime and doesn't confine you to an area to get it (Bennett's circle, Kokomi's jellyfish). It's fast and reliable. Plus being electro means she is part of one of the best reactions in the game right now in hyperbloom. She very easily pops blooms and can build lots of EM without impacting her healing all that much.

And all of this requiring basically zero field time.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Zenostein posted:

He's the perfect healer for hutao, because that pittance means even less thinking about hp.

I want to say sayu kinda sucks at it, but that's almost certainly because mine is all em, and also doesn't have enough er, so even if I wanted her to do any healing, lol gotta farm up some energy first~

Also "stand in this circle" healers in general, because that just sucks.

I feel like I must have messed up my Sayu's build somewhere (poached her stuff for Jean for something???) because I could have sworn she was healing for a pretty decent 5k+ per tic, but a quick check put her actually at about 2.8k. Which is still good enough for overworld or patching up between artifact runs, but yeah, not great.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
A bit ago someone mentioned needing spincrystal 2, is that still the case? My traveling merchant has it this weekend.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

MoonCrab posted:

Bi-yearly reminder that (most of) the gcsim database optimizes for an incredibly specific set of parameters that aren't particularly likely to be applicable to your personal game file, or even a good idea to try and aim for! No, you should not farm tenacity for Raiden. You will farm Emblem, give your best pieces to your primary damage source, pass those pieces to your secondary damage source when you get better ones, etc. (Your primary damage source WILL be Xiangling, though.)

Check out that Bennett. He's using an A/D/C instructor's set with scaled down kqmc substats. You're not gonna farm a pyro damage instructors goblet with double crit substats lol. Just run ER/HP/Heal%, that amount of DPS isn't gonna make or break your run.

And look at the Xingqiu! He's using Harbinger of Dawn! You can get similar results with that one kazuha sword, the red one, without dealing with that nonsense. But he also has 1.33% ER, total. You're not gonna run that sort of thing, even at C6 and in a Raiden team. It's extremely uncomfortable. If you run into an energy miser like Primo Vishap you're gonna struggle a lot. I also remember that it was a whole "thing" back then (and maybe it still is) to try and proc as many Rain Swords as possible, and to specifically try to vaporize his elemental skill while his burst is active and he's standing on Benny circle. If you use the Skill>Burst>Skill combo at the beginning of your rotation you will never reach that level of damage share.

It's not a bad tool, but if you're not careful you can definitely end up clowning yourself accidentally.

But speaking of clowning, just for old times sake I went in to check on them for a bit and found the goubers finally doing Alhaitham stuff. Get ready for the circus lmao. Try not to take it too seriously, Haith is a solid character :)
The reason I linked it was because of the statement that raiden might do more damage than xiangling in raidenational. Which really shouldn't happen with any realistic C0 5 star builds, the comp is three characters that buff Xiangling and Xiangling.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 28, 2023

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

If anyone is competing with Kokomi on the best healer competition it's Shinobu and it's weird she's not being mentioned more. Her healing has 100% uptime and doesn't confine you to an area to get it (Bennett's circle, Kokomi's jellyfish). It's fast and reliable. Plus being electro means she is part of one of the best reactions in the game right now in hyperbloom. She very easily pops blooms and can build lots of EM without impacting her healing all that much.

And all of this requiring basically zero field time.
Kuki's my favorite overworld party healer because all you need to do is refresh her buff periodically while doing other things, and eventually you get to the point where the only person who isn't at full hp all the time is her. Who "only" has like 15-20k hp left from all that hp-costing healing, oh no! Which is then erased in less than 1 full duration of her heal, anyway.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Getting around to doing Lantern Rite stuff, and is this the first time we've seen Cloud Retainer's human form and Ping's adeptus form?

If it is and it's meant to be a tease for them becoming playable later down the road, I would definitely pull for Cloud Retainer. I love that bird

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Getting around to doing Lantern Rite stuff, and is this the first time we've seen Cloud Retainer's human form and Ping's adeptus form?

If it is and it's meant to be a tease for them becoming playable later down the road, I would definitely pull for Cloud Retainer. I love that bird

It is the first time

I will only pull for her if she comes in her bird form though

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

It is the first time

Sixth character model confirmed?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Cloud Retainer aka Bayonetta

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Kuki's my favorite overworld party healer because all you need to do is refresh her buff periodically while doing other things, and eventually you get to the point where the only person who isn't at full hp all the time is her. Who "only" has like 15-20k hp left from all that hp-costing healing, oh no! Which is then erased in less than 1 full duration of her heal, anyway.

I was very impressed with Kuki Shinobu when I was using her to build up friendship xp in place of my primary Qiqi healer. Unfortunately, I have Raiden with a 5 star weapon and constellations, Yae with a 5 star weapon and option for a substitute healing catalyst, Keqing with a maxed black sword and some constellations, and Cyno as my current electro character I'm not finished developing. There is quite a bit of competition for which zappy chars to use in my teams. Still, I find Kuki almost as fun to play as Razor, so I will probably be raising her at some point in the game.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Kuki can also be a bad healer in abyss, since you need to leave her out to heal up her self damage, or leave her at 25% health and in danger of getting dumpstered if you pull her out at the wrong time. Still leagues better than XQ for raw healing. If XQ is your only healer, you need a shielder or be diligent on not getting hit.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

Cloud Retainer aka Bayonetta
Even the guns would suit her, being an engineer and all. Maybe they will make her playable if we get them as a new weapon type in 4.0. It all fits.

The English UI can refer to her by her full original name, "Liuyun Jiefeng Zhenjun" and break the layout even worse than "Sangonomiya Kokomi" does.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

Even the guns would suit her, being an engineer and all. Maybe they will make her playable if we get them as a new weapon type in 4.0. It all fits.

The English UI can refer to her by her full original name, "Liuyun Jiefeng Zhenjun" and break the layout even worse than "Sangonomiya Kokomi" does.

There's always the Razor, Tartaglia, Raiden, Heizou, Cyno, Dehya route where her burst is using a completely different weapon from their default for their burst or a catalyst differently from casting spells like how Lisa, Barbara, Sucrose, Yanfei, etc do it.

Also, turns out Yaoyao's a perfectly serviceable healer when you lean into her strengths as a healer and give her Maiden's Beloved instead of Deepwood Memories. I'm up to 1800 HP a radish now instead of 800.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Shinji2015 posted:

Technically, we have never seen Ping's real form, we've only seen the human form she takes. However, her name implies, she is actually not an animal spirit, but instead a PLANT spirit.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

RareAcumen posted:

There's always the Razor, Tartaglia, Raiden, Heizou, Cyno, Dehya route where her burst is using a completely different weapon from their default for their burst or a catalyst differently from casting spells like how Lisa, Barbara, Sucrose, Yanfei, etc do it.

Also, turns out Yaoyao's a perfectly serviceable healer when you lean into her strengths as a healer and give her Maiden's Beloved instead of Deepwood Memories. I'm up to 1800 HP a radish now instead of 800.
Or the Yaoyao and that new ice boy they've previewed route where they've got a signature item they use in place of their main weapon for certain attacks/do different modes based on holding the button.
So we've got 3 models of giving people unique stuff in game already besides adding new weapon types, which I think is a better direction than just adding in new stuff you need to pull on the banners.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

It is the first time

They'd be stupid not too make her playable eventually but then again Signora

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

Or the Yaoyao and that new ice boy they've previewed route where they've got a signature item they use in place of their main weapon for certain attacks/do different modes based on holding the button.
So we've got 3 models of giving people unique stuff in game already besides adding new weapon types, which I think is a better direction than just adding in new stuff you need to pull on the banners.

It's not like they haven't done this stuff before either.
In Honkai:
  • Herrscher of Reason equips a cannon but fights using punches and drill attacks from the robot on her back. For her ultimate she transforms her robot into a motorcycle and rides it around the battlefield.
  • Dea Anchora equips a lance but fights by punching and kicking the poo poo out of stuff. As her ultimate she summons a giant golden bow to shoot enemies (maybe the lance is the arrow? idk)
  • Herrscher of Flamescion equips dual pistols but fights using a giant flaming greatsword plus the ability to summon explosions out of nowhere.
  • Griseo equips a cross but fights by slapping enemies with a paintbrush, plus summoning imaginary painted knights to hit stuff for her charge attacks.
  • Aponia equips a chakram but just has it float behind her back as she smites enemies with lightning magic
  • Herrscher of Sentience equips fist weapons but fights with a golfbag of summoned weapons, being able to switch between a spear, whip, and sword moveset on the fly as well as using her weapon case itself as a giant club during her ultimate.
  • Raven equips a bow but spends most of her time melee attacking, occasionally spitting some arrows out behind the baddie she just slapped that leave feathers on the ground she can pick up for buffs.
  • Stygian Nymph equips a scythe but has a split personality gimmick where she swaps back and forth between Blue Seele wielding the scythe and Red Seele who fights with claws instead.

As far as I can tell, katanas and greatswords are the only two weapon types that stay 100% played straight.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 28, 2023

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So I'm pretty happy with the three teams I've decided to focus on -

Classic Taser

Ganyu Melt

Raiden Hyperbloom (Budget Version)

My current problem is that none of these teams are actually built yet. Most have at least one character not even fully leveled and none of them have anything but basic, lame artifacts. As soon as I start working on one thing, I get distracted and it's going to take me 6 months to finally do this. lol

The most built characters I have are Beidou/Fischl/Xingqiu/Ganyu/Zhongli (at least with regard to character levels/weapons).

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Ignore this post.

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 28, 2023

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
hyperbloom is the easiest to build by far, you need to get level 90 on raiden and throw some random em artifacts on and bam you're nearly at peak damage already even with everyone else at level 37
(ok you also need ER on the other characters if you want to keep that damage up)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Jan 28, 2023

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Kuki can also be a bad healer in abyss, since you need to leave her out to heal up her self damage, or leave her at 25% health and in danger of getting dumpstered if you pull her out at the wrong time. Still leagues better than XQ for raw healing. If XQ is your only healer, you need a shielder or be diligent on not getting hit.

You just use her burst when you want to heal her while her Skill is active.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

Sure. I don't imagine they'd add another weapon type just to have it. Presumably they'd only do it if they had a specific mechanical reason in mind. Like they wanted to make its normal and charged attacks work in a completely different way that needs a different control scheme, or something.

Diluting the 4-star pool would obviously be a pain in the arse, but that's never stopped them with characters. Cynically, that might be the point. Or maybe they wouldn't be on the gacha at all and they'd have some unique new system for crafting and upgrading them that's meant to be more of a resin-sink instead. Who knows.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like Yanfei, she's hot, and she's fun to play. So I think I'll use her, meta be damned.

I also have the Lost Prayers so that sure helps

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
you have called every woman in genshin hot at this point

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The designers aren't paid for nothing.

What is the least annoying way people have found to kill Alhaitham's worm btw?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
So I know for most characters going from 80-90 is just marginal gains, but there are some where getting to 90 is a real benefit.
Is there a rule of thumb on that or do you just need to ask from character to character?
For example I know swirl reactions scale off level now so it's worth investing to 90 on anemo characters like Sucrose.
Similarly are there many characters where it's just not worth it at all unless you're drowning in exp books and don't have anyone else you're building?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Anemo reactors obviously (as in, not DPS like Xiao or Wanderer), Electro if they're in a hyperbloom comp, anyone who scales off HP like Zhongli or Yelan since that does get somewhat decent boosts in that last stretch.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

So I know for most characters going from 80-90 is just marginal gains, but there are some where getting to 90 is a real benefit.
Is there a rule of thumb on that or do you just need to ask from character to character?
For example I know swirl reactions scale off level now so it's worth investing to 90 on anemo characters like Sucrose.
Similarly are there many characters where it's just not worth it at all unless you're drowning in exp books and don't have anyone else you're building?

all flat damage reactions scale from level a ton (everything besides vaporize/melt and freeze). notably, on top of swirl this includes hyperbloom and spread/aggravate. so anyone who uses those reactions and builds EM wants to be 90

hp scales a moderate amount
def scales a small amount
atk scales a pretty insignificant amount, like 1-2%ish total.

if a character isn't built for reaction damage and doesn't have HP or DEF scaling, you can leave them at lvl 80 forever guilt-free

e: I forgot: enemies also get an annoying CC resistance to characters more than 20 levels below them. so if you leave an anemo character like Jean who doesn't normally build EM at 80 she won't be able to throw level 100+ enemies. so that's one last reason to level past 80

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 29, 2023

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

If you're using them for swirl or any Dendro reaction they want 90, same reason as Sucrose. I guess unless they're the bloom part of Hyperbloom or Burgeon. It really annoys me because 80 to 90 is so loving expensive.

I think 90 is also good for anyone with an important ability that scales off of a "base" stat, like Bennett, because every bit of that you can squeeze in helps. But I could be wrong there.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Level 90 used to not matter outside of very niche circumstances. Now with hyperbloom, it's like an actual 30% damage increase or something stupid to get to 90.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain France posted:

If you're using them for swirl or any Dendro reaction they want 90, same reason as Sucrose. I guess unless they're the bloom part of Hyperbloom or Burgeon. It really annoys me because 80 to 90 is so loving expensive.

I think 90 is also good for anyone with an important ability that scales off of a "base" stat, like Bennett, because every bit of that you can squeeze in helps. But I could be wrong there.

bennett gains 14 atk when going from 80/90 to 90/90.
it's better than nothing! but it's not a big deal

Tae posted:

Level 90 used to not matter outside of very niche circumstances. Now with hyperbloom, it's like an actual 30% damage increase or something stupid to get to 90.

the upside is that hyperbloom characters don't have to care about crit substats or any of that BS at all. farming the xp books to get 90 is way faster than farming a "good" artifact set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

haypliss posted:

The designers aren't paid for nothing.

What is the least annoying way people have found to kill Alhaitham's worm btw?

Yoimiya (with your preferred reaction) and Zhongli. I actually found his worm better than the chasm worm because it felt like it didn't dick around underground for quite as long.