Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Wasn't he notably stupid by the standards of other noble failchildren of the time? Like diplomats would meet him and write in their journals "Holy poo poo the Russian Tsar is dumb as hell"

There's a reason the revolution of 1917 happened under his rule specifically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/1619046824664530945?t=n0VSlJFYhHr5ltNSVMEZNA&s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Shameful to realise that he hasn't blocked me , so I made sure to insult him

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
vote harder you morons

https://twitter.com/MMFlint/status/1315043437343920129

old but timeless

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

they won because a wealthy black woman is on the supreme court, one of america's most vaunted and respected institutions of law, and one black person's success means racism is over and they're all vindicated

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Love Rat posted:

He was just a mediocre, out-of-touch dilatant who blundered into a disastrous war, hosed up everything he touched and helped precipitate his own stupid downfall. A true hero of the people.
it's "dilettante"

(if you can't get corrected by a goon who can you get corrected by :goonsay:)

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Love Rat posted:

He was just a mediocre, out-of-touch dilatant who blundered into a disastrous war, hosed up everything he touched and helped precipitate his own stupid downfall. A true hero of the people.

His fatal flaw was demanding that they let him involvr himself in governance instead of just loving off to his chateau to hunt humans or whatever.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/AnonymousLeftie/status/1619154720765116417

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Lol I doubt social security makes it another decade

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol I doubt social security makes it another decade

Social security is fine now thanks to covid lowering life expectancy!

Mistakes into miracles.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Zvahl posted:

they won because a wealthy black woman is on the supreme court, one of america's most vaunted and respected institutions of law, and one black person's success means racism is over and they're all vindicated

Well now the police doesn't kill black people anymore right?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/ressurectedlion/status/1618378585961828352?s=46&t=34gJsd040pwawOHoBRaNXg

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

what the gently caress

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Orange Devil posted:

Well now the police doesn't kill black people anymore right?
They do, but it's black people officers.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Always has been though, Ice Cube been telling us about this for 35 years now.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Orange Devil posted:

Yeah but he's a cop, a liar.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Lib and let die posted:

what the gently caress

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

M-mods??

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

You fool!

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

Yeah but he's a cop, a liar.
That's Ice-T

Orange Devil posted:

The problem was that white officers were also doing it before. Black officers for black victims, white officers for white victims.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

He was working as one as recently as 2014. Tried to intimate his BIL by bringing him with on patrol.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

dsa

maybe we shouldn't post tweets where people are openly fantasizing about this stuff with pictures included

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

HootTheOwl posted:

He was working as one as recently as 2014. Tried to intimate his BIL by bringing him with on patrol.
i see. i guess that means both of them are cops, even if ice-t still has a lot more years under his belt

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

indigi posted:

dsa

maybe we shouldn't post tweets where people are openly fantasizing about this stuff with pictures included

what is it about this guy and this particular model*, that's not even the first time with this same weird poo poo

*not actually interested in what is it about this guy

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

indigi posted:

I am so sorry you had to see a video of an adult woman smiling

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/1619244760073641989?t=r2riiGNAS3542gCL5MPx2Q&s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Red and Black posted:

an adult woman smiling

there's nothing I hate more

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

isn't this most adult anglo men? once they're not forced to read fiction in school they just read pop history and biographies of guitarists

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

indigi posted:

isn't this most adult anglo men? once they're not forced to read fiction in school they just read pop history and biographies of guitarists

*hiding my barnes and nobles book titled "The Vikings"*

Yeah loving losers

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I have the opposite problem as I fear getting 300 pages into some pure loving doorstop about the east India company or w/e and the author lets rip that they think it was good actually

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

I have the opposite problem as I fear getting 300 pages into some pure loving doorstop about the east India company or w/e and the author lets rip that they think it was good actually

This is where it pays dividends to do a little preliminary research into the book and author

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

what kind of nerd doesn't just read and re-read Ubik 24/7 until their brain liquefies and leaks out they ears

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Red and Black posted:

This is where it pays dividends to ask gradenko for book recommendations

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

the sex ghost posted:

I got about halfway through Lewis Sorley's "A Better War" before I had realized my mistake

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

what is it about this guy and this particular model*, that's not even the first time with this same weird poo poo

*not actually interested in what is it about this guy

dude wants to gently caress teenage boys, it's pretty straightforward

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1619400055466901504

(The hot take is Trump's, not the quoting person.)

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Spergin Morlock posted:

dude wants to gently caress teenage boys, it's pretty straightforward

I got that but the person in the video does not resemble any of the signifiers: greek; teenage; boy :confused:

google "hot greek woman" and get

clearly nothing like in the video??

Flesh Forge has issued a correction as of 01:01 on Jan 29, 2023

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

indigi posted:

He said he doesn't read fiction

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/BrewDogJames/status/1619677113774411777?t=aWDNkMub9RB48j0xGCRH1g&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm not familiar with the beer but I'm going to take a wild guess and say it's not punk because it's not cheap swill.