Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I will continue to dance around unoptimized and ideally, look cute while doing so.

Good to know if I ever do current extremes though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Yeah, if you're doing dungeons or alliance or whatever, go ahead and prioritize yourself because there's a good chance the rest of the dps don't have half their skills on the hotbar.

This 5 seconds of buff window barely matters in extremes, and really is only one factor when you're running into standard savage dps checks. But if you want to optimize, that's the way to do it.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Things go out the door in dungeons anyways cause steps are gigantic cleaves (although far from the only big incidental cleaves) anyways and you’re likely to desync for other reasons. Just try to maximize your dances hitting big packs and ideally it’s a little better to spend meter early in a pull rather than later

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Also worth noting in dungeons, you'll want to Standard+Tech Step more or less immediately upon hitting the first trash pack, rather than waiting until the tank hits the wall. Otherwise Tech won't be back up in time for the next boss.

If it isn't up in time for the next boss, no big deal. It just feels bad after you have the muscle memory built for the proper opener.

Also if you get multi dancer, partner each other. I gave you my closed position and I consider it a grave insult if you give yours to the fuckin tank.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I keep plucking away at bozja, I'm struck by how much better Eureka was and also what the gently caress stop giving me new coins to pursue

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Bozja was a very fun romp in a lot of battles with some hosed up mechanics with equally hosed up items/spells to compensate

Yeah it looked boring but whatever, most of those Fates were fun, and watching the 1v1 duels/public executions never got old

Dunno about how it fares now with a lower population though

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Bozja was much better than Eureka in my opinion: the boss fights in Bozja were much better than NMs, the maps are much easier to navigate and you don't have to tip-toe around dragons, the grinding required is much lower. BA is really good but I kinda the Bozja raids as well.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Also I did both Bozja and Eureka in the patch lull between ShB and EW, but I heard that Eureka originally was much worse than the current iteration.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Almost done with anima weapons. Just want to do the Lux step here and finish the sand step on NIN so I have the really goofy stabbers and the cool swirly ones for glam.

It's nice to know I can solo nearly any Hard primal through HW. Bismarck is a bit of an issue since I can't keep the snakes from tethering and would need to spend half an hour plinking them down, and multiple harpoon phases to actually finish the fight. But it's at least theoretically possible. I went and got a party.

And of course now they want the containment bays. It's probably entirely possible for someone to get to that stage in the anima weapons without even knowing about the Warring Triad.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dareon posted:

Bismarck is a bit of an issue since I can't keep the snakes from tethering and would need to spend half an hour plinking them down, and multiple harpoon phases to actually finish the fight. But it's at least theoretically possible. I went and got a party.

What you need to do is save burst power and take one out immediately after it spawns before they can tether. Ofc depending on your level and class this may not be feasible.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Galaga Galaxian posted:

What you need to do is save burst power and take one out immediately after it spawns before they can tether. Ofc depending on your level and class this may not be feasible.

Yeah, I'm doing this as SCH, I have staying power, not burst power.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
https://twitter.com/inedyr_/status/1618635406899281920?s=20

Really wish I could enjoy Reaper more as their aesthetics appeal to my inner 13 year old emo kid, but just can't get over how bad that rotation feels.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

Stalins Moustache posted:

https://twitter.com/inedyr_/status/1618635406899281920?s=20

Really wish I could enjoy Reaper more as their aesthetics appeal to my inner 13 year old emo kid, but just can't get over how bad that rotation feels.

ya i just loaded xivcombo and called it a day

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

MechaX posted:

Bozja was a very fun romp in a lot of battles with some hosed up mechanics with equally hosed up items/spells to compensate

Yeah it looked boring but whatever, most of those Fates were fun, and watching the 1v1 duels/public executions never got old

Dunno about how it fares now with a lower population though

this is my problem. I've been very slowly trying to get bozja to happen for me since, like, 5.3 or .4 or so, and a few months back, i finally hit zadnor

(i don't grind well, never have. if the grinding takes more than a couple minutes, i stop caring)

and immediately hit a wall, since the place is loving EMPTY, the only people there are in the third zone, where I obviously can't get to yet, and the zone requires people doing poo poo there to get more elaborate fights to pop

it's exacerbated by the fact that I mostly play late night, sure, but it feels like even when I pop in on the day shift on a weekend, there's nothing happening, and I'm just sitting there trying to pick off a mob here or there without pulling too much and getting stomped while three people idle at the aetheryte and occasionally people will come down from the third zone to do a fight and then immediately return there

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i haven't pushed bozja yet but does it have the challenge logs that eureka does where if you want to spend relatively minor amounts of time once a week you can finish some challenges to get a relatively major amount of progression

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

No.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That's because the progression is fast enough to not need them, unlike Eureka.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Eureka is cool and my friend

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kyrosiris posted:

That's because the progression is fast enough to not need them, unlike Eureka.

When you're not stuck because everybody is grinding third zone in zadnor and you just arrived, that is.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Tekopo posted:

Also I did both Bozja and Eureka in the patch lull between ShB and EW, but I heard that Eureka originally was much worse than the current iteration.

Mostly just Pagos, Anemos was Okay and Pyros and Hydatos were fine out of the box. Launch Pagos was unfiltered dogshit though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

iPodschun posted:

Me as I read this: "I know there's a cap but this can't be a real problem right?"

Me after searching "buff cap" on twitter: "oh"

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/10m900j/omega_ultimate_bug_hitting_buff_cap_in_phase_3/

https://twitter.com/rinonbanana/status/1618653415030280192

Something even better from the spoiler thread

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Electric Phantasm posted:

Something even better from the spoiler thread

I wish they would add this when you get pulled by a healer

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I wish they would add this when you get pulled by a healer

Just use Arm's Length.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Just use Arm's Length.

Arm's Length DODGE

Get Clamp'd

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

we're all about it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Had Rhalgar troll everybody and now I'm part of the "single handedly saving the raid from wiping" club.

Red Mage ftw.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Vitamean posted:

we're all about it

Whoops I knew I was forgetting something

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Just use Arm's Length.

Thundarr posted:

Arm's Length DODGE

Get Clamp'd

What's the deal with y'all's avatars.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

susan b buffering posted:

You missed a Great Fracturing at the tail end of the Heavensward thread.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Can't believe goons predicted Shadowbringers

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

susan b buffering posted:

An ancient goon debate about the merits of Fracture, a long gone WAR skill, spawned a number of Fracture Riker avatars.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I remember a Fracture Pikachu av

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Galaga Galaxian posted:

An ancient goon debate about the merits of Fracture, a long gone WAR skill, spawned a number of Fracture Riker avatars.

What debate? ABF A - Always B - Be F - Fracturing

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Rap Game Goku posted:

What debate? ABF A - Always B - Be F - Fracturing

... Is this the fire emblem engage thread?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

People actually use that?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Fracture deez nuts.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Demanding that I utilize Fracture in my monk rotation was a tremendous act of violence against my past self. But it's OK because now I dance.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Now to take this intelligent, carefully-nurtured being with hopes and dreams, and stuff it into my backpack, never to be seen again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Galaga Galaxian posted:

it was +dps to cross class it! it really was!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Galaga Galaxian posted:

oh my GOD THAT'S WHAT THAT IS