Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
Does DSr have procedural eggs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Contemplate with nice thoughts and utterances.

Shazback posted:

Does DSr have procedural eggs?

No but it has a "peeling system" where bodies have layers of bone, tendons and flesh that can be ripped/ broken in different ways.

Waiting for backers to ask CIG to implement something similar in SC, for immersion, so that we have an excuse for more delays while they work on "Onion Bodies Tech Tier 0".

Taxxe:

https://i.imgur.com/LthxqK5.mp4

4th Stimpire Queen fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jan 28, 2023

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Hose physics is also essential for penis modeling and future non-consentual romance gameplay.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Asked a commando to stop shilling Star Citizen in a place on reddit where people are posting asking for feedback on their like solo dev projects and he's debate lording me about it. Very funny and normal and cool.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Sandweed posted:

The gamers are crying about the Dead Space remake being woke.

how the gently caress?

no really, how the gently caress

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

how the gently caress?

If you catch the extremely dysmorphic vaguely human shaped enemies at the right time they might look like a vagina, or a titty.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

how the gently caress?

After few seconds of googling, it seems gamerz™ are mad that some female character has smaller breasts. Just the usual outrage that they cannot masturbate while playing a horror game or something.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 28, 2023

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

how the gently caress?

They say Nichole is older/ uglier and Kendra has smaller breasts. :lmao:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Christ.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

They redesigned Isaac's face to look more like his voice actor- same thing they did with Nicole- but weirdly enough almost no one is complaining there.

I just wish they went with bearded Gunner Wright version for the redesign so that we'd have a sexy bear Isaac Clarke but oh well...maybe if they remake 2. :iiasb:

Sexy bear proof:

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

4th Stimpire Queen posted:

They redesigned Isaac's face to look more like his voice actor- same thing they did with Nicole- but weirdly enough almost no one is complaining there.

I just wish they went with bearded Gunner Wright version for the redesign so that we'd have a sexy bear Isaac Clarke but oh well...maybe if they remake 2. :iiasb:

Sexy bear proof:

I prefer crash test dummies.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yeah, that's my unironic sorta-complaint too- Isaac looks okay, but compared to how Gunner Wright looks now, he looks like a schoolboy.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, that's my unironic sorta-complaint too- Isaac looks okay, but compared to how Gunner Wright looks now, he looks like a schoolboy.

Been a long time since I played it, but wasn't he meant to be pretty young?

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Theotus posted:

Been a long time since I played it, but wasn't he meant to be pretty young?

Actually no, in the first game he's close to 50.
Born 2461, goes to Ishimura 2508 according to Wiki.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Actually no, in the first game he's close to 50.
Born 2461, goes to Ishimura 2508 according to Wiki.

Oh no kidding! I stand corrected! I thought he was meant to be like early 30s, but it's been ages since I played it.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Citizens when praising SC as a complete game: "It's already a great game, totally playable, a great experience, I'm having so much fun with it!"

Citizens replying to a post titled FPS issues in the city where a user laments 1 to 28 fps in cities is unacceptable even for an alpha.

"You didn't pay $60 for a game"
:lmao:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, which is why bearded Gunner would match Isaac's looks so much better now; I guess he was clean-shaven the day they decided to take photos of him to model or whatever they do. But hey, it's EA- they'll probably include Bearded Isaac in a DLC :v:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Citizens when praising SC as a complete game: "It's already a great game, totally playable, a great experience, I'm having so much fun with it!"

Citizens replying to a post titled FPS issues in the city where a user laments 1 to 28 fps in cities is unacceptable even for an alpha.

"You didn't pay $60 for a game"
:lmao:

> Star Citizen: You didn't pay $60 for a game, you gave CIG $60 toward future development

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

how the gently caress?

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

God forbid the far future accepts everyone for what they are and has solved social issues that plague our times.

Imagine if someone posted this on Spectrum and asked if SC could have all gender restrooms, the meltdown would make the Tsar Bomba feel like a lousy firework.

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!

Thoatse posted:

> Star Citizen: You didn't pay $60 for a game, you gave CIG $60

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Kavros posted:

i need a new space game :/

per SA user recommendations i already powered through stuff like rebel galaxy outlaw and star traders frontiers. what do

Starsector

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Lmao there it is

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
> Star Citizen: You set $60 on fire and got nothing

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

1 hour and 40 minutes of real time jail in an alpha "test" environment.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

all gender sock

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016

Hope this helps.

Okay, so he's yet another clown in this apparently endless parade of do-nothing i-used-to-have-a-jawline-20-years-ago nepotism hires to act as some sort of ablative shield against idiot backers (also known as backers)? Does he have some function?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yes he sells dreams, he's honestly one of the most important people at CIG.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Popete posted:

Yes he sells dreams, he's honestly one of the most important people at CIG.

Imagine how proud his family is of him now

From a nothing to a somebody !

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
I think Jared used to be a kind of an aspirational figure for backers, in that he was a fan who got hired to shill full-time for CIG. One of them! Chosen by Crobbler's wavy hands! Just imagine it!

He probably had some fun back then, too. He got to gently caress around a lot on camera with very little direction or oversight back when CIG was still an openly shambolic failspace. There were even a few times early on when you could catch him being a little sarcastic and self-aware about how hosed up it all was. But as the real weirdos like Ben were being sent to farms upstate and CIG started to realize the wisdom of staying silent so as to not be proven fools, his job became mostly about hosting shows where they made one minute of screenshots into 30 minutes of video that felt like three hours. Now everything he says is just empty, borderline-nonsensical marketing, and I feel like even the backers who praise the Most! Open! Development! EVER! are more annoyed by Jared's schtick than anything else.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Trilobite posted:

I think Jared used to be a kind of an aspirational figure for backers, in that he was a fan who got hired to shill full-time for CIG. One of them! Chosen by Crobbler's wavy hands! Just imagine it!

He probably had some fun back then, too. He got to gently caress around a lot on camera with very little direction or oversight back when CIG was still an openly shambolic failspace. There were even a few times early on when you could catch him being a little sarcastic and self-aware about how hosed up it all was. But as the real weirdos like Ben were being sent to farms upstate and CIG started to realize the wisdom of staying silent so as to not be proven fools, his job became mostly about hosting shows where they made one minute of screenshots into 30 minutes of video that felt like three hours. Now everything he says is just empty, borderline-nonsensical marketing, and I feel like even the backers who praise the Most! Open! Development! EVER! are more annoyed by Jared's schtick than anything else.

wasn't there a quote from some CIG staffers before that they can't stand Jared ?

He walks around like he owns the place, bosses everyone around, and they can't wait for him to leave

Only Kindness
Oct 12, 2016
Hm. So, massive failson suckup taken on without any thought to the possible downsides; long outlived any usefulness but collects a huge salary for not much; won't leave, obviously, as he'll never get another job; and they don't dare fire him because even though they loathe him, that'd be like firing :trustme:!

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

So I’m moving to Germany for work next week, it was originally supposed to be the UK, but things changed.

Anyway the US military base that I’ll be working at is about an hour away from Frankfurt, and just for a lark I looked up where CIG’s offices are located there. And of course the only picture of the office on Google is some doctored promotional screenshot from the game that a super fan posted 5 years ago.

Also in the questions section… lol poor kid I hope he finds a better company.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Also I’m staying with my parents for a few days and I’m accumulating more Sebastian pics.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That's a quality cat.

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

colonelwest posted:

Anyway the US military base that I’ll be working at is about an hour away from Frankfurt, and just for a lark I looked up where CIG’s offices are located there.

You'll now have to attend every Frankfurt Bar Citizen and report back! :guinness:

colonelwest posted:

Also I’m staying with my parents for a few days and I’m accumulating more Sebastian pics.

:five:

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Star Citizen rivers have no water physics so far, but pools do so here's an example of the extreme realism we can expect.

From If you put a bunch of Picos into a pool, they'll dance and have a fun party!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AlarmedLoneInvisiblerail-mobile.mp4

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Star Citizen rivers have no water physics so far, but pools do so here's an example of the extreme realism we can expect.

From If you put a bunch of Picos into a pool, they'll dance and have a fun party!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AlarmedLoneInvisiblerail-mobile.mp4

That water looks almost as good as Morrowind's.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

My only question is why they felt the need to specifically point out that it's a shared restroom. If there's no division, why not mark it as simply "restroom" or "WC"? That's how it has been done here for decades, as far as I know. Cultural differences, perhaps :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4th Stimpire Queen
May 4, 2022

Bofast posted:

My only question is why they felt the need to specifically point out that it's a shared restroom. If there's no division, why not mark it as simply "restroom" or "WC"?

If you look closely the stick figures are clearly human, this is to point out that necromorphs aren't allowed in those restrooms.
This explains why necromorphs are so angry at the Ishimura crew, it's actually a revolution against bathroom segregation...and yeah they're violent but you try holding it in for a whole planet cracking operation.