Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Blaming the police unions is getting the cause and effect backwards.

We have lots of states where public sector unions are toothless, and guess what? The police are just as unaccountable and cruel.

The states with strong and evil police unions don’t have evil and powerful cops because of the unions, the unions are evil and strong because the cops are evil and strong.

It’s not like Texas or Alabama have less corrupt cops because their unions are a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ the specific place with its specific posters.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hobbesmaster posted:

this sounds like a charge that will only be used against cops that report illegal stuff for “not reporting it sooner”

a law that required cops to confront other cops would lead to way more killing once the "I AM THE LAW" Judge Dredd poo poo was turned on itself

Officer Porkins has a gun and will kill you because you are trying to tell him literally anything when he has unquestioned power over life and death
Officer Punisher is also The Law and once he has made a decision no man or god can question him, Porkins is violating Punisher's sacrosanct Judgement

Sure 99% of them would just ignore this small measure of accountability the way they already cover for eachother's crimes but there would be some of those "BECAUSE I SAID SO AND WILL KILL YOU" conflicts playing out.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

“Unions are good except for the ones I don’t like”

What zero solidarity does to a mfer

xD

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

A Bakers Cousin posted:

im sure that was a real post supporting police unions guys

gently caress off with this it's so goddamn tiring

both the "joke posts" and the "lol it's a joke guys" reply-guys.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol mad about posting this morning i guess

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I am probably going to destroy you joke lovers

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

Blaming the police unions is getting the cause and effect backwards.

We have lots of states where public sector unions are toothless, and guess what? The police are just as unaccountable and cruel.

The states with strong and evil police unions don’t have evil and powerful cops because of the unions, the unions are evil and strong because the cops are evil and strong.

It’s not like Texas or Alabama have less corrupt cops because their unions are a joke.

I do ‘t think anyone’s saying the unions are to blame, just that cops shouldn’t have them. Just like how guns are cool and good but cops shouldn’t have those either.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

The only reason police unions should exist is as a template for how aggressively every labor union should fight for its members

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

don't they include management in their membership? lol

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
do unions normally get their members out of murders? like non back in the day mob unions

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

do unions normally get their members out of murders? like non back in the day mob unions

It was used to get UAW off police radar for disappearing people

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
hey sometimes problems need solving

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I do ‘t think anyone’s saying the unions are to blame, just that cops shouldn’t have them. Just like how guns are cool and good but cops shouldn’t have those either.

sure but taking away the guns from cops would save lives, while taking away unions from cops wont save lives. its a matter of priorities

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This is pathetic and sad.

(like my posting, etc etc)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

A Bakers Cousin posted:

hey sometimes problems need solving

Sì, hahaha,

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Lib and let die posted:

The only reason police unions should exist is as a template for how aggressively every labor union should fight for its members

Right, I don't feel any particular solidarity with the "Murder Black People Union". That doesn't strike me as valuable labor.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

A Bakers Cousin posted:

they will defend members in dangerous and injurious workplace accidents, yeah. most union positions arent public facing though, certainly not public facing in the way police are.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
if anything the public should be a member of a union and cops are management and you can file grievances and poo poo

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

gently caress off with this it's so goddamn tiring

both the "joke posts" and the "lol it's a joke guys" reply-guys.

just put 'em on ignore, as with virtualboychoir.

they're like rat terriers nipping at your heels; just give them a good kick & be done with it.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

We can't abolish the police, what would happen to all the police unions there, smart guy?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Lib and let die posted:

We can't abolish the police, what would happen to all the police unions there, smart guy?

it’s like pit bulls, you need an organization to run the rescues to keep former police off the street

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

it’s like pit bulls, you need an organization to run the rescues to keep former police off the street

I’m afraid in this case I have to side with PETA that police should be put to sleep

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I hate the "we just need to get rid of qualified immunity" takes so much. Just a complete misunderstanding of what's happening here. All qualified immunity did is codify what has always been de facto law but they think it was just one big oopsie that let the bad apples take over.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Very troubling the left wanting to undo the NAACP

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Nonsense posted:

Wait did you just say that a liberal institution failed??? Well you're never gonna guess who the REAL failure was

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Nonsense posted:

when will there be a WAACP

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/status/1619391472876544002?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I stopped keeping track of the twitter-files threads but taibbi's in my feed & this latest one is a banger.

twitter was being told by a CIA op to take down accounts bc they were russian ops unfavorable to u.s. interests, while the op was also feeding bullshit "news" to media outlets that reflexively repeated it.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Okay.

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

lol

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

all timer

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

succ like a black hole

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

imagine if men developed real friendships and learned to open up and ask for help when they need it. now we want to criminalize that?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

DACK FAYDEN posted:

:five:

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Rubellavator posted:

lmao number 3

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Grapplejack posted:

Biden literally supported segregated bussing and they came out hard for him, I would never count Pete out

i've never understood this poo poo. how the gently caress do you post here and say that?

Biden literally supported segregated bussing which is why they came out hard for him

This is the party of "black people are fine, just not in my schools".

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it already exists it’s called the united states of america

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What's with these stupid assholes and sipping

Sip poo poo you succ