Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I just listened to this week's free episode of Chapo where they talked about Whitlock's incredibly horrible attempt at trying to compare everyone involved in the Steven Crowder/Daily Wire hissyfit to characters in Game of Thrones, and I am not going to listen to him talk about anything that matters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

my apartment has thin walls so I can tell when the dude above me has sex because the bed squeaks a lot

they're really going at it, the lady is pretty audible

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/FilmThePoliceLA/status/1618626847281139712

I can't know for sure what's going on but this cop looks high as gently caress

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Not as bad as St. Louis cops but close. I have a long history of hating the fuckers

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

my apartment has thin walls so I can tell when the dude above me has sex because the bed squeaks a lot

they're really going at it, the lady is pretty audible

This was our next door neighbor at our last place (rowhome living baybeeee), and to make matters worse we had kind of become friends with her before we began...hearing things. So I had to forget whatever I had heard the night before if I happened to run into her the following day :goleft:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Wow, I actually got a promoted tweet that I wanted to see.

https://twitter.com/PartyDownSTARZ/status/1618639902379311104?t=bxcEalk6MCmhBizZJgfukg&s=19

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I keep getting random stuff reminding me that Die Antwoord was a thing recently and I'm not sure what about internet browsing has indicated I'm in to them unless someone in my household has been watching their videos.

I'm planning to try and go protest this weekend. I have to go see my mom and sister tomorrow since I've put it off for a while but Longview's close to Portland and I know folks so it shouldn't be hard. I'm not watching the video -- I've seen too much brutality from law enforcement and non-law enforcement. The fact that people will use it to once again find a reason to blame BIPOC for their own deaths becuase this murder was done by black police officers is infuriating and I just can't deal with it. My family has experienced brutality by law enforcement, I've had relatives nearly die in county jail after being dilberatly igorned by law enforcement and even then we're white or white-passing enough that every knows it could have been worse. And that's outside of the overall negative interactions I've had with law enforcement professionally.

In non-cop stuff, I fotally forgot the winter Olympics were last year. I'm watching the figure skating nationals and had a minute where I thought they were coming up.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jan 28, 2023

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 28, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oof, outside of football injuries nothing makes me flinch more than figure skatersa absolutelt eating it on the ice.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I told my mom who likes to do puzzles about your thing with taking pictures of them and putting them up on your wall and she thought it was cool. Do you print them out on an office printer or use a service to do this? (neither of us have any color printers and this is my job to figure out now that I've gotten it into her head).

Looking it up I guess something like Shutterstock would be the way to go? I'm not a printing physical pictures guy so I'm walking in blind here if you or anyone else tells me how to do this the cheapest and easiest way.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Oof, outside of football injuries nothing makes me flinch more than figure skatersa absolutelt eating it on the ice.

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jan 28, 2023

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

I told my mom who likes to do puzzles about your thing with taking pictures of them and putting them up on your wall and she thought it was cool. Do you print them out on an office printer or use a service to do this? (neither of us have any color printers and this is my job to figure out now that I've gotten it into her head).

Looking it up I guess something like Shutterstock would be the way to go? I'm not a printing physical pictures guy so I'm walking in blind here if you or anyone else tells me how to do this the cheapest and easiest way.

I normally take pictures of the ones I'm not putting up, just so I have a record of it. For ones that I'm actually putting up I get glue sheets/backing stuff instead. It's how I hosed up my last puzzel -- I was moving it so I could flip it over so I could put the backing on it and it slipped off the mat I was using. Generally speaking though, for other stuff I'll use Shutterstock since it's pretty easy. I do have a color printer at work but it's not made for nice stock paper.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

For puzzles mod podge glue, Elmer’s on crack. I got a tub and made a Lego table for my kid. Very forgiving at first but when it dries it’s really solid

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I normally take pictures of the ones I'm not putting up, just so I have a record of it. For ones that I'm actually putting up I get glue sheets/backing stuff instead. It's how I hosed up my last puzzel -- I was moving it so I could flip it over so I could put the backing on it and it slipped off the mat I was using. Generally speaking though, for other stuff I'll use Shutterstock since it's pretty easy. I do have a color printer at work but it's not made for nice stock paper.

Oh god the glue sheets might be even harder to do and I'm afraid of mentioning this possibility. Thanks, I'll give Shutterstock a try for now and...probably tell her about that other idea because I'm weak and she really likes her puzzles. And then try to figure that out.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Grittybeard posted:

Oh god the glue sheets might be even harder to do and I'm afraid of mentioning this possibility. Thanks, I'll give Shutterstock a try for now and...probably tell her about that other idea because I'm weak and she really likes her puzzles. And then try to figure that out.

I use these or similar products and it's not too bad. They do tend to get a little less forgiving of moving around after a bit but the puzzles I took home from old office held up okay, minus one, and they're posted by my kitchen door. If you do use the sheets it's a good idea to put something heavy on them to really get a good stick. A Sexual Elk's suggestion is also good and I've done it for my home done ones (which I don't do now because of the cats) but not at work. Either way good luck!

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Coco13 posted:

How are the XBox controls? I played through the first three levels on Switch in portable mode and with the regular joycons it felt like I was wearing two left gloves trying to play.

I have the N64 pad for Switch, need to try it at some point.

Also isn’t the Xbox version just the earlier remake that Rare did that never saw the light of day? Entirely possible that has added proper dual stick controls, while the N64 emulator on Switch…won’t.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

harperdc posted:

Also isn’t the Xbox version just the earlier remake that Rare did that never saw the light of day?

No. It's sitting in Microsoft's archives, waiting for bug fixing, but Nintendo refuses to let Microsoft release it (although a build did leak last summer).

The Xbox version is just upscaled 4K (and it looks really lovely).

Edit: Here's a longplay of the remake that Rare did; per some Rare staffers, the game was 95 percent complete and just needed QA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0GinqO4lhU

For contrast, this is how the version that just went up on GamePass looks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49nmTSeARIs

They're just using the N64 emulator they designed for Rare Replay and upscaling the original ROM to 4K.

Timby fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jan 28, 2023

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Yeah, this is on a whole new level... There isn't even the semblance of "he was resisting".

They literally just held him up and kicked / punched him. Jesus Christ it was a straight up gang beating more than a patrol stop

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

They literally just held him up and kicked / punched him. Jesus Christ it was a straight up gang beating more than a patrol stop

I had missed that these guys were in a unit called SCORPION

quote:

SCORPION stands for Street Crimes Operation to Restore Peace in Our Neighborhoods.

Y'all already know exactly where my mind went there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

But more than that if you're trying to be friendly it seems like you shouldn't choose a scorpion as a mascot. You should pick something at least as an opening position that tells me you're protecting and serving me. Walk dogs around the neighborhood or something and let me pet them, and have them not be scary dogs. You don't get to be the Punisher anymore, that should never have been your place.

And this was supposed to be the good/reformed version of policing.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Goldeneye on Xbox definitely looks like the original graphics and my kids were making fun of me for playing it last night. I think the controls are pretty great and I had a good time playing the first 5 or 6 levels.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I like this

https://twitter.com/EclecticHams/st...ingawful.com%2F

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Grittybeard posted:

Walk dogs around the neighborhood or something and let me pet them, and have them not be scary dogs. You don't get to be the Punisher anymore, that should never have been your place.

My small city's department basically does this along with our fire and EMS departments in that they set up shop in what are usually "problem areas" and let people run up to the K9s and pet them. The dogs love it, residents there talk to the PD and other services about concerns both in the neighborhood and in the department, and the cops look good in the process. It's such a fuckin no brainer that NOT going that route basically admits you want to be The Punisher and crack skulls while talking nice.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Incredibly well said. Contract negotiations are absolutely littered with bosses trying to "explain" the economics to us plebs in the hopes that we will meekly accept their word as gospel.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I had missed that these guys were in a unit called SCORPION

Y'all already know exactly where my mind went there https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

But more than that if you're trying to be friendly it seems like you shouldn't choose a scorpion as a mascot. You should pick something at least as an opening position that tells me you're protecting and serving me. Walk dogs around the neighborhood or something and let me pet them, and have them not be scary dogs. You don't get to be the Punisher anymore, that should never have been your place.

And this was supposed to be the good/reformed version of policing.

oh yeah lets let police departments form special anti-gang community outreach teams with threatening-sounding acronym names, that's never gone wrong before

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Charles from Brockmire is a cast member too? Awesome. I thought he should have had a much bigger career after that show

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Burger time

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Love the dedication to plating some White Castle. poo poo, now I want Krystal. Also I miss the Square Off and watching Takeru Konayashi dominate everybody.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

That does look good, but I'm sure the carbs would blow me past my daily allowance for the day.

I'm also mad that my local grocery store stopped carrying frozen White Castles. Fuckers. :mad:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Timby posted:

That does look good, but I'm sure the carbs would blow me past my daily allowance for the day.

I'm also mad that my local grocery store stopped carrying frozen White Castles. Fuckers. :mad:

Mine started carrying the 16 count :getin:

(but only the regular cheeseburgers and I like the jalapeno ones)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's alarming how legit they taste which begs the question of how easy they are to get to that taste level.

You can't get the mozz sticks, chicken rings or chicken with cheese at the grocery store though, and that's the best part of white castle those things are crack to me and that honey mustard is special.

I'm glad there are no White Castles where I live

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Intruder posted:

Mine started carrying the 16 count :getin:

(but only the regular cheeseburgers and I like the jalapeno ones)

Mine had the regular cheeseburgers and the jalapeno ones, and then one day, about six months ago, they were just ... gone from the freezer aisle.

kiimo posted:

It's alarming how legit they taste which begs the question of how easy they are to get to that taste level.

Lots of salt and steaming the patties.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

it's grease

tons of grease

that's why they call them sliders. they slide right in, then later they slide right out

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Based on my limited understanding of the causes of the Protestant Reformation, this checks out.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The all day dining package at Busch Gardens included Chik-Fil-A, so not only is it guilt free to eat there, you can actually take the moral high ground and eat so much they lose money. I am being a true LGBT ally today.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I’ve been craving frozen White Castle but I was gonna keep it to myself because I figured that was asking for a roasting.

Anyway I still have covid and I’m gettin real mad about it (soon though, test strip line was faint) but I took apart and fixed my crappy Mr. Coffee espresso machine today so ya boi is gonna get hopped up

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

kiimo posted:

You can't get the mozz sticks, chicken rings or chicken with cheese at the grocery store though, and that's the best part of white castle those things are crack to me and that honey mustard is special.

Is this a typo or is there really a thing called chicken rings? Because now I want chicken rings...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I love the Rocky movies but I can’t stand Mickey. One of the worst characters in history. Never believes in Rocky, I was smiling warmly when he died in Rocky 3 after telling Rock that he had been fighting tomato cans for title defenses. Miserable piece of poo poo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is this a typo or is there really a thing called chicken rings? Because now I want chicken rings...

Yep. Fried chicken in the shape of a ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

With honey mustard these things are so good.

The bad part is at some point White Castle cheaped out and stopped making chicken with cheese sandwiches with it's own chicken and just started sticking two chicken rings in a bun and it isnt' the same.