Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

who fridey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Nervous posted:

Wiggles no. You're supposed to stay away from that stuff :(

estradiol got me feelin loose

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Oberstwo posted:

19 Ravens would have lost to Chefs in afccg in this scenario hth

Very possible but I'm not sure. The 2018 Ravens had the Chiefs beat. Plus when the teams met in 2019 the Ravens hadn't started their big megarun yet. So who knows if they meet again. But I bet you once the team gets down 7 Roman changes the whole gameplan.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Bismack Billabongo posted:

That game ruled, possibly the funniest and funnest titans game of my admittedly short fandom

Well definitely the funniest. The Henry 99 game was an alltimer

One of the funniest Ravens games too

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

https://youtu.be/6utwU0kqW1s

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I watched the Ravens press conference which I never do. What I take from it is that we are absolutely trading Lamar. John Harbaugh's "200%" comment wasn't what others said which was 200% a deal gets done it was 200% he wants Lamar back as the QB. But they don't deny they might trade him they just say they can't talk about it. They are absolutely trading him. Also the WR room comment he made wasn't quite as dumb as it sounded when I read about it. He was more saying like "our offense is mostly where we want it we just need to get that part into shape".

But on Lamar, he is gone. There's almost no question left in my mind.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's what i told ur rear end

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm worried if the wiggler is posted with this amount of frequency she might lose some of her power.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Kawalimus posted:

I watched the Ravens press conference which I never do. What I take from it is that we are absolutely trading Lamar. John Harbaugh's "200%" comment wasn't what others said which was 200% a deal gets done it was 200% he wants Lamar back as the QB. But they don't deny they might trade him they just say they can't talk about it. They are absolutely trading him. Also the WR room comment he made wasn't quite as dumb as it sounded when I read about it. He was more saying like "our offense is mostly where we want it we just need to get that part into shape".

But on Lamar, he is gone. There's almost no question left in my mind.

Derek Carr ravens??

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lemar985

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Oberstwo posted:

Derek Carr ravens??

Maybe though last three times we've drafted someone in the first round we've just said screw it and thrown them out there though Flacco we didn't intend to do that but Boller got hurt. I think Carr is an ok temporary solution though.

I know we don't want to trade him in the AFC but I wouldn't mind sending Lamar to Houston and getting ahold of some of their draft picks if they'd take him.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT4hnosXVr0

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Happy January 28th!! The day the Ravens won the SB for the first time 22 years ago.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was funny when the giants got back into the game with an electric kickoff return for a touchdown and then the ravens sealed the game with an electric kickoff return for a touchdown. then everyone watching went to shleep

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

it was funny when the giants got back into the game with an electric kickoff return for a touchdown and then the ravens sealed the game with an electric kickoff return for a touchdown. then everyone watching went to shleep

They probably weren't really back into the game. They were still down 10 and Collins was flailing on offense. That just maybe gave them a slight chance if things fell their way going forward.

Really it was a bad performance all around by the Giants. Their front seven on defense was solid but everywhere else was miserable except that Ron Dixon return. Their coverage was abysmal and the Ravens could have probably put up 50 points if Dilfer had been more accurate. There was one play near the end of the first half where Qadry Ismail would have scored a very long TD if not for the shoestringiest of shoestring tackles. Then of course that one play where it was a busted coverage and Patrick Johnson was by himself downfield but Dilfer threw it out of bounds. I watched an alternate commentary version of the game and they blamed this play on Johnson for not cutting back inside and giving Dilfer more space to put the ball. I don't know enough to say for sure. Patrick Johnson was a pretty bad receiver so maybe that's true. We could have drafted Hines Ward instead of him.

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 28, 2023

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the ravens should keep brandon stokley from this year (2001) all the way to the first game against the cincinnati bengals of 2009. if they do, he will do a funny play for them against the cincinnati bengals.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Cavauro posted:

code:
[video type="youtube"]AT4hnosXVr0[/video]

the url of this looks like someone is saying the football admin is "shipped" with 'vro, aka cavauro.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

the ravens should keep brandon stokley from this year (2001) all the way to the first game against the cincinnati bengals of 2009. if they do, he will do a funny play for them against the cincinnati bengals.

Brandon Stokley even survived the post 2001 cap issue but then left for the Colts in 2003. He had a solid career as a depth receiver and had that play you mentioned against the Bengals and of course the first TD in SB35. He then returned to the Ravens in 2013.

Supposedly he was an extremely fast player and the fastest guy on the 2000 Ravens.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Aaron Rodgers ravens??

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lolling at Rodgers going "who the gently caress are James Proche and Rashod Bateman"

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Cavauro posted:

the url of this looks like someone is saying the football admin is "shipped" with 'vro, aka cavauro.

He's the basketball admin now

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Tom Brady ravens please!

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Cavauro posted:

Pease stop reading my diary thanks

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oberstwo posted:

Aaron Rodgers ravens??

Aaron finding the only team less likely to draft a good receiver than the Packers.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I saw the Ravens interviewed the offensive coordinator for Georgia. I really hope we don't hire anyone from college. I dont trust any of those. Of course these guys run successful offenses when they outclass everyone they face. I know there are competent ones out there I just dont trust them. Like how Urban on the Jaguars was saying "its like playing bama every week" yeah because you cant run over the rest of the competiton. Even in the NFL it can happen where a team has so much talent pretty much anything they do will work.

I watched two drives of the national championship game and turned it off. What a bore. Who wants to watch something like that? It was clear TCU had no business even playing in that game even if they beat michigan the week before. Its all a fraud. And so are most of the coaches especially at the big programs. I dont want to see them on the Ravens.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I saw the Ravens interviewed the offensive coordinator for Georgia. I really hope we don't hire anyone from college. I dont trust any of those. Of course these guys run successful offenses when they outclass everyone they face. I know there are competent ones out there I just dont trust them. Like how Urban on the Jaguars was saying "its like playing bama every week" yeah because you cant run over the rest of the competiton. Even in the NFL it can happen where a team has so much talent pretty much anything they do will work.

I watched two drives of the national championship game and turned it off. What a bore. Who wants to watch something like that? It was clear TCU had no business even playing in that game even if they beat michigan the week before. Its all a fraud. And so are most of the coaches especially at the big programs. I dont want to see them on the Ravens.

Todd Monken was the OC for Tampa Bay and Cleveland before he went to Georgia.

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Kawalimus posted:

🧓

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

korrandark posted:

Todd Monken was the OC for Tampa Bay and Cleveland before he went to Georgia.

I looked at his record there and it was nothing to write home about. So why potentially hire this clown whose big success came when he has the nation's best talent. Look at Nick Saban. In college he has this mega record and dominating but then when he coached the Dolphins he was just some dude and then went back to college where he dominated. That's because he can't rig the game in his favor in the NFL like he can in college. The SEC or any of those southeast teams shouldn't even be allowed to play for the national championship. They should have to play for a different trophy and let everywhere else play for the national championship. Put them all in a special conference together and say ok this trophy is more valuable than the national championship but it's not called a national championship. Just call it what it is. A big joke!! We know you have the best teams so you don't need to show it against much smaller teams in championship games.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kawalimus conveniently not mentioning Pete Carroll

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Kawalimus conveniently not mentioning Pete Carroll

I said they exist. I just don't trust them and wouldn't take a risk on them. For every Pete Carroll there's five Chip Kellys. Or Steve Spurrier.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Chip Kelly was very successful he's the reason the eagles won a super bowl because of his player evaluation skills

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What do you do for a living Kawa?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Don't answer him

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lol

Oberstwo
Aug 19, 2022

Creepy

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Bengals are Superbowl champions. I changed my rooting interest during the game to the riskier one since Eagles can't beat Bengals. But 49ers with Purdy can but still could lose which would be the most devastating loss. So the safe option prevailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it truly is the exact opposite of that