Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Oxxidation posted:

it got almost 200k views in 4 hours so clearly it appeals to someone (me)
It must really appeal to you if you watched the trailer 200,000 times in four hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Zetsubou-san posted:

this looks v cool thanks

sent you SoD2 in pm

SoD2 is a really good game so enjoy!

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

The 7th Guest posted:

stux and I are the only people who will care about this but i have to post it anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLurAhsqXWc

yume nikki esque first person adventure adaptation of a popular surrealist Youtube cartoon

You should totally watch the popular surrealist Youtube cartoon, by the way. Here it is for your convenience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juBv2XWnwt8

Blattdorf fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jan 28, 2023

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

drat Dirty Ape posted:

SoD2 is a really good game so enjoy!
There's a Nexus for mods for it too. Covers all kinds of stuff from rebalancing weapons or modifying cars to complete TCs.
I grabbed the smallest sanest car inventory mod because 6 slots for a SUV? :psyduck:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Man, Hi-Fi Rush is so good, and it just came out of nowhere.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Broken Cog posted:

:hellyeah:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Broken Cog posted:

I don't even loving LIKE rhythm games and I'm also digging this a lot.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Finally listened to goons and tried Tinykin and cannot stop.

Do they ever give you a pollen tracker? I don't know how my OCD is going to handle missing 30 pollen out of 1600 and having no reliable way to find the rest.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Crossposting this from the Horror megathread in case there are more folks in here familiar with the Steam and how to fix this:

Evil Kit posted:

I'm actually steaming. After a crash I think I forgot to force the steam cloud synch and now I've got to restart a fresh game. The worst part is I can see all my old saves and autosaves in the Dead Space (2023) folder in my documents but I can't seem to force it to detect those? And I'm also unable to find anything via google on how to force Steam to notice those saves.

I love Dead Space and have played through it multiple times but man it is infuriating to have to start over because of something like that. Anyone familiar with how to fix something like this?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
random guess at a solution:
back your saves up somewhere, start a new game, then rename the old savefile to match the filename for the new save and overwrite it

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Look through Steam's settings and turn off cloud saving, play the game to update your local save, turn cloud saving back on to make it update the online file.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

A good poster posted:

Look through Steam's settings and turn off cloud saving, play the game to update your local save, turn cloud saving back on to make it update the online file.

I tried this and it seems to just not want to detect them. The way DSR works maybe I need to at least get through the intro though, so maybe I'll give that a go.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

random guess at a solution:
back your saves up somewhere, start a new game, then rename the old savefile to match the filename for the new save and overwrite it

I'm willing to try pretty much anything at this point lol, might give it a shot.

More suggestions are welcome, I can def be a dumbo.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Jelly posted:

Finally listened to goons and tried Tinykin and cannot stop.

Do they ever give you a pollen tracker? I don't know how my OCD is going to handle missing 30 pollen out of 1600 and having no reliable way to find the rest.

It's so good and so chill. I had a great time.

No, you do not get a pollen tracker.

spincube
Jan 31, 2006

I spent :10bux: so I could say that I finally figured out what this god damned cube is doing. Get well Lowtax.
Grimey Drawer

Pigbuster posted:

In Pizza Tower you don't have a health bar outside of boss fights, so technically there's not a downside to taking damage. However, the game will notify you "YOU HAVE HURT PEPPINO X TIMES" whenever you hurt him too much, and a hint pizza early on helpfully tells you "if you hurt Peppino, you go to hell", so I ended up caring more about Peppino's safety than if there was actually a health bar.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with games imperilling my mortal soul like this. Feels like an overreach

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
I spent the whole afternoon playing Hi-Fi Rush and I'm kind of blown away. It's a great game all around. Really tight gameplay, charming writing, great art style. If it had been announced a year in advance, I wouldn't have likely given its release much thought, but since it just showed up and people had good things to say about it, I felt compelled to try it out and I'm glad I did. I've played through to just after the second boss on Hard difficulty and I'm looking forward to playing it later.

I hope they do more releases like this. Multi-year hype cycles are exhausting.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The xenogears gag pretty much won me over completely

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's incredible because you know immediately what the joke is once they describe this impossibly elaborate setpiece and then go straight into a Disc 2 cutscene.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1355160/Dad_by_the_Sword/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgR3Pg9ClnQ

I cant believe its Dad Messiah of Might and Magic.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
trailer owns
too bad it's a roguelite though

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

trailer owns
too bad it's a roguelite though

you sure you don't mean roguelike?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It's too roguish for them however you word it.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah they're obviously uninterested, semantically correcting them isn't going to change that

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I will say, it kinda looks slow. Or maybe the trailer is showing off more via going slower to see the enemies.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

RandomBlue posted:

Looks like a First Person Sworder.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
Sword em' up with dad-like elements.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

RandomBlue posted:

I think you mean rougelike

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Whatever it is, if I see a card I'm taking a nap.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is Fallout 76 just an inherently stuttery game? I have installed that like 3 times over the last year to give it a try and it always feels poorly optimized no matter what settings I choose.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

explosivo posted:

Is Fallout 76 just an inherently stuttery game? I have installed that like 3 times over the last year to give it a try and it always feels poorly optimized no matter what settings I choose.

I always had to force fullscreen for that game. Borderless windowed runs like trash.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Wiltsghost posted:

I always had to force fullscreen for that game. Borderless windowed runs like trash.

Oh drat thank you, that actually did make a significant difference.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Oxxidation posted:

it got almost 200k views in 4 hours so clearly it appeals to someone (me)

man how did you even watch it two hundred thousand times in only four hours?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

explosivo posted:

Yes that poo poo-rear end game is just like that. My favorite feature is how you’re either stuck with the blurriest AA known to man or jaggies so sharp they’re like a paper cut to your eyeball

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao at misreading it as 'inherently slutty game' :allears:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

lmao at misreading it as 'inherently slutty game' :allears:

Fallout 69

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

explosivo posted:

It may have to do with loading in other players camps too.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
I'm enjoying Hell Is Others, but I think it's helped strongly by the price of free on Epic.
It's smart for a tense extraction gameplay loop to have such a short time for each run, it makes sure it doesn't get too frustrating. Even when you run into someone much more heavily armed than you and get wrecked.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Tried Rain World again now that Downpour is out, and coop has really helped me get past the opener and get into the game. It did feel like I needed a little bit more info than the game gave me, but by and large has been fun figuring stuff out. Also as the movement is starting to click more and more it’s super satisfying.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

tildes posted:

Tried Rain World again now that Downpour is out, and coop has really helped me get past the opener and get into the game. It did feel like I needed a little bit more info than the game gave me, but by and large has been fun figuring stuff out. Also as the movement is starting to click more and more it’s super satisfying.
yeah the movement tech you can do, none of which the game shows or makes you learn, is pretty nutty. be the anime martial artist, slugcat

(e) I just got out of "5P"; that was really cool, if as aggravating as rain world always is :v:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 29, 2023

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ congrats! Did you take the Unfortunate route or the other one?

The new loading screen tips do show you how to do each of those moves individually, it's up to you to put them together

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

lets hang out posted:

^ congrats! Did you take the Unfortunate route or the other one?

The new loading screen tips do show you how to do each of those moves individually, it's up to you to put them together
yeah those loadscreen tips are pretty handy. i've only seen it demo the slide though, not the backflip or down-throw

i skipped UD because gently caress that for a bag of chips, i recognize a bullshit hardmode route when I see it - and yes I did feel vindicated when I checked the wiki map afterward :v: ended up avoiding most of RTA as well, as it turned out

taking a little break from it today, but i'm debating how to get where I need to go now. i'm 99% sure I could passage back to Outskirts and go through there to the Depths by that newbie-trap route, rather than dealing with the awful chimneys (I hate vultures), if I want to finish quick - which I kind of do, before the game overstays itself on me

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 29, 2023