Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
My God

E: what a lovely snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Guyovitch
Apr 22, 2008

Some little mice sat in the barn to spin. Pussy came by and popped her head in. What are you doing my little men?

kiimo posted:

With honey mustard these things are so good.

The bad part is at some point White Castle cheaped out and stopped making chicken with cheese sandwiches with it's own chicken and just started sticking two chicken rings in a bun and it isnt' the same.

When those first came out, my friend and I stopped at White Castle on the way home from the bar and he picked up an order of ranch chicken rings. When he took a bite, I asked him how they were and he just burst into a coughing fit, after which he just answered "...dusty."

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Pron on VHS posted:

I love the Rocky movies but I can’t stand Mickey. One of the worst characters in history. Never believes in Rocky, I was smiling warmly when he died in Rocky 3 after telling Rock that he had been fighting tomato cans for title defenses. Miserable piece of poo poo

Watched the first one the other day. Man is that a weird movie that got awkwardly date rapey

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

kiimo posted:

With honey mustard these things are so good.

The bad part is at some point White Castle cheaped out and stopped making chicken with cheese sandwiches with it's own chicken and just started sticking two chicken rings in a bun and it isnt' the same.

chicken sandwiches and chicken ring sandwiches are separate menu items at white castle

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kangaroos In my street today.

Its been so loving hot here lately they come closer to civilisation when the creeks start to dry up a little. Can't put water out for them because it brings snakes but it's pretty cool to see.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

BlindSite posted:

Its been so loving hot here lately [kangaroos] come closer to civilisation when the creeks start to dry up a little. Can't put water out for them because it brings snakes but it's pretty cool to see.

This is like a 9/10 of Very Australian Sentences.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

snakes deserve water too

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

snakes deserve water too

They sure do, but where I live I have the:

Coastal taipan
Eastern brown
Eastern small-eyed snake
Red-bellied black
Yellow-faced whip

That are all considered dangerous. Particularly the coastal Taipan which can grow like 2m long and they are extremely aggressive. Most snakes lash out because they get surprised but a Taipan will not hesitate to throw the gently caress down and will even chase you.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Kangaroos In my street today.

Its been so loving hot here lately they come closer to civilisation when the creeks start to dry up a little. Can't put water out for them because it brings snakes but it's pretty cool to see.

All i see everyday are packs of coyotes (mating season) and occasionally a herd of wild donkeys who wreeeeccck trash cans and will block traffic for hours. The most “go gently caress yourself” animal besides cats

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I pet some kangaroos today! They were also very active because its in the 60s so they had kangaroo zoomies.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
christ i never considered that about australia. we put out water for some local stray cats and that has attracted a raccoon, but no snakes or kangaroos, thankfully.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I wish there was an equivalent to White Castle available in the PNW. There's no fast food that does tiny rear end sliders that allows you to eat 6-10 at a time.

If I had a griddle I'd consider remaking the order from Harold and Kumar in the same way Babish did, including the cherry cokes.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

seiferguy posted:

I wish there was an equivalent to White Castle available in the South

And no, Krystal doesn’t count, they suck.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

seiferguy posted:

I wish there was an equivalent to White Castle available in the PNW. There's no fast food that does tiny rear end sliders that allows you to eat 6-10 at a time.

If I had a griddle I'd consider remaking the order from Harold and Kumar in the same way Babish did, including the cherry cokes.

We’d routinely individually take down Steamers (24 pack) in high school.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Speaking of the PNW, I’m a huge Del Taco fan so when I took a family trip to Seattle I hit a Taco Time thinking it’d be in the same “not Taco Bell” range. Christ that place was janky, half the people in there weren’t wearing shoes

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Street tacos are basically Mexican sliders imho

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I've had the White Castle sliders at home once and thought they were awful. May be in part because they were coated with tiny bits of onion and I hate onion, but even aside from that they seemed pretty bleah.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

The White Castle sliders from the frozen section tastes exactly like the White Castle in Indianapolis I went to one time and that concerns me

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

swickles posted:

I pet some kangaroos today! They were also very active because its in the 60s so they had kangaroo zoomies.

They're pretty cool. It's always even to me still a surprise to see them in full flight when they get going. These were just eastern grays that are pretty docile. The big Red Kangaroos are the really cool ones.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Street tacos are basically Mexican sliders imho

I got a big ol mess of ox tail, brisket, chuck roast and some short rib I'm going to throw in a pot today with some dried chillies and adobe and spices and let cook for a good 5 hours. Shame you can't get a good tortilla from any grocery store here. Going to have to bust out the press.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

I got a big ol mess of ox tail, brisket, chuck roast and some short rib I'm going to throw in a pot today with some dried chillies and adobe and spices and let cook for a good 5 hours. Shame you can't get a good tortilla from any grocery store here. Going to have to bust out the press.

I like your style senor

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I like your style senor

Its the pro-est of pro tips, whenever I buy any meat to slow cook, I always get just a little bit extra and throw any off cuts in the freezer. Then every few weeks I'll have enough bits and pieces to make birria or nachos or burritos or just have meat and salad.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Quiet Feet posted:

I've had the White Castle sliders at home once and thought they were awful. May be in part because they were coated with tiny bits of onion and I hate onion, but even aside from that they seemed pretty bleah.

Yeah you're never going to like them. They are definitely hit or miss. I crave the loving things but my health has benefited greatly being nowhere near one.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022
White Castle in multiple NYC locations. It's always terrible.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I’m on a plane to Austin and this thing is empty. Not even half full. It’s glorious.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Even though I don’t really watch WWE much anymore, gotta see the Royal Rumble tonight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

Even though I don’t really watch WWE much anymore, gotta see the Royal Rumble tonight.

They should have Vince run in as the 30th man and effortlessly toss out the last 6 guys who should be anyone on the roster under 35.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

They should have Vince run in as the 30th man and effortlessly toss out the last 6 guys who should be anyone on the roster under 35.

It could happen.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I am watching pro wrestling for the first time in 20 years because royal rumble was cool when I was a kid.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I was tempted to watch the Royal Rumble, but that meant installing Peacock and I'm way too lazy and disinterested for that

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Been a couple months since we have made it to a Gopher Hockey game due to wife work schedule, holidays, then wife getting sick. Made it to watch them beat Michigan State by a combined 14-3 over two games (8-0, 6-3). A very fun time, although I got my wish for proper January weather, which makes for cold walks to and from the car.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Been a couple months since we have made it to a Gopher Hockey game due to wife work schedule, holidays, then wife getting sick. Made it to watch them beat Michigan State by a combined 14-3 over two games (8-0, 6-3). A very fun time, although I got my wish for proper January weather, which makes for cold walks to and from the car.

Must be nice to root for a hockey team that isn't a constant disappointment

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Friend of mine was perusing my music and asked about Godflesh, I had trouble describing them so I put on a few songs, basically how every bit of their music is the grungiest bass and highest treble, and he said they reminded him of Monolord. I had never heard of them, but after a few Youtube plays I think I have a new favorite band.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not watching the rumble, but people are really lathered up about this "Mt. Dew Pitch Black Match"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

We watched Morbius tonight as neither of us had any clue what to watch and we were meh about all of our options.

I was expecting worse. It's a bad movie but it's just an ordinary bad movie. Jared Leto has no chemistry with anyone else, is super dull, and the same tone of voice/emotes the same in every scene. I think a better lead could have pulled it into being okay-ish but we had a laundryblist of complaints that I won't bother adding here because that's a horse that's been beaten plenty.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

a sexual elk posted:

Speaking of the PNW, I’m a huge Del Taco fan so when I took a family trip to Seattle I hit a Taco Time thinking it’d be in the same “not Taco Bell” range. Christ that place was janky, half the people in there weren’t wearing shoes

My wife absolutely loves that place, it's like all she eats when she's back there

not to be confused with the Mountain West Taco Time chain, which has the same name but is entirely different

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

Not watching the rumble, but people are really lathered up about this "Mt. Dew Pitch Black Match"

lol

Spoilers for that match:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1619528935582089217

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

GD_American posted:

Friend of mine was perusing my music and asked about Godflesh, I had trouble describing them so I put on a few songs, basically how every bit of their music is the grungiest bass and highest treble, and he said they reminded him of Monolord. I had never heard of them, but after a few Youtube plays I think I have a new favorite band.

Some adjacent grungy bass bands are Generation of Vipers, Elder, and Cult of Luna if you chose to peruse further. Nails too, but they are kind of on the a more hardcore side.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Quiet Feet posted:

We watched Morbius tonight as neither of us had any clue what to watch and we were meh about all of our options.

I was expecting worse. It's a bad movie but it's just an ordinary bad movie. Jared Leto has no chemistry with anyone else, is super dull, and the same tone of voice/emotes the same in every scene. I think a better lead could have pulled it into being okay-ish but we had a laundryblist of complaints that I won't bother adding here because that's a horse that's been beaten plenty.

It’s not bad enough to be good. Just bad and boring enough to be really bad.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Rectal Placenta posted:

Some adjacent grungy bass bands are Generation of Vipers, Elder, and Cult of Luna if you chose to peruse further. Nails too, but they are kind of on the a more hardcore side.

Thanks for this. I've long accepted being "I don't know new bands" levels of old, but that kind of music hits me in a happy place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Why did the Babadook elbow drop that poor man from 15 feet up?