Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

JackDarko posted:

Agatha is worse imo. Without the title I’d never know who the gently caress that was supposed to be.

I’d guess Sera, or maybe Beethoven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MathMathCalculation
Jan 1, 2006

h_double posted:

I would like to submit Sir Isaac Newton, Methodist Minister, for consideration in the worst pixel variation discussion.

Sandwolf posted:

I’d guess Sera, or maybe Beethoven

It was Agatha all along.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

More interesting question is, what's the BEST pixel variant?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
adam warlock

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Before next season it was the cat. Next season it’ll be Modok making GBS threads blood.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

This is not really worth discussing:

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Just had a real feelsbadman moment.

I play a lot of Sera Control and just had a sick Mysterio variant come into shop. I use gold for cool variants so I bought it.

Well, when you play Mysterio, it uses the default (Mysterio?) card and when they flip at the end of the game it only shows the default skin so I can never show off my cool variant.

What a shame.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SweetJahasus posted:

Just had a real feelsbadman moment.

I play a lot of Sera Control and just had a sick Mysterio variant come into shop. I use gold for cool variants so I bought it.

Well, when you play Mysterio, it uses the default (Mysterio?) card and when they flip at the end of the game it only shows the default skin so I can never show off my cool variant.

What a shame.

It's on the to-do list to fix, but it's not fixed yet. Someday.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Tbf that variant is sick tho

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I forget the variant shop exists because there's so much garbage in there I skip over it. They'd probably sell more if they set a way to filter out at least the pixel variants.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Have I praised Scarlet Witch recently because holy poo poo is she such a clutch T6 card in Control Sera.

Just had a game with first location Bar With No Name, second location Asgard, and third location Crimson Cosmos. First location and third locations should've caused me to auto retreat but I figured lemme play it out until T6 and see where things are as long as my opponent doesn't snap. I put way too much into Asgard to see if I could pull Sera but in included blowing Enchantress in tempo turn 4 to remove ongoing on my Lizard and their Zabu. Put Sera into Crimson Cosmos expecting they'd put down Devil Dino there but they didn't. Instead they played Spider-man and snapped. Snapped back and loaded up Bar with No Name. I always wonder what people think when they see someone load up Bar with cards. Like are they like "boy this is a bot or a really dumb player and I'm about to steal 8 cubes" or do they realize they made a terrible mistake and stare in horror as each card flips until Scarlet Witch reveals the error of their ways?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
That's the same reason I've avoided some cool Bucky variants. He's Bucky for about 3 seconds then the Winter Soldiers are all the same.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Ugh, I hate win location with 1 card missions, I've dropped a bunch of cubes while watching TV. This, however, was satisfying, my opponent retreated before Black Panther proc'd and cloned.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

RevKrule posted:

Have I praised Scarlet Witch recently because holy poo poo is she such a clutch T6 card in Control Sera.

She rules. I was on a "cards here apply to other locations" game. Turn 6 he drops Infinaut and She-Hulk on there. I drop Scarlet Witch and win the other two spots.

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
I got through pool 3 and now I haven't ripped a new card in what feels like forever. I'm sad. I want fun new cards, and I still haven't gotten any good tier 4/5 ones :(

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Well I was going to try and get to 60 (from 52) by end of season but after 2 hours tonight and going nowhere I have decided to give up. Need to stop switching decks I guess

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

adam warlock

Yeah that's rad, it looks like it's actually from a Sega Genesis game or something.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kooriken posted:

I would like to nominate Pixel Vulture as the worst Pixel Variant. Just look at it.

at least it has character

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
Just got a pixel drax. Ms marvel 👍

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

New Leaf posted:

That's the same reason I've avoided some cool Bucky variants. He's Bucky for about 3 seconds then the Winter Soldiers are all the same.

He gets more screen-time than Hulk Buster tho. That requires certain locations to get more than a blink and you'll miss it cameo.

(also gets played in less)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Today on "how to force a T6 retreat in the fewest moves possible."

Obvious Patriot/Surfer deck went way too hard into Asgard. I was just trying to do my dailies and thought for sure I'd be the one retreating before T6. I think they thought they really had me when they put down Cosmo and it revealed first too.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
The Token Shop idea of “you can target specific cards” would work a lot better it they’d offer me the drat cards. I’ve lost track of how many time Orka has shown up, but not once have I seen Blackhawk.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I didn't think I would ever switch from the "HEY. Calm down." Title but "If I lose do not take credit." Is too good

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

doingitwrong posted:

The Token Shop idea of “you can target specific cards” would work a lot better it they’d offer me the drat cards. I’ve lost track of how many time Orka has shown up, but not once have I seen Blackhawk.

It's frustrating that they similar pool drop rate percentages to the token shop. Before finishing up Pool 4 I literally spent a week staring at Maria Hill every reset because offering pool 4 cards was so much more heavily weighted than offering pool 5.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Bounce deck. They snapped on 5 and I decided to ride it out. :D

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Hell Cow.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Walla posted:

Bounce deck. They snapped on 5 and I decided to ride it out. :D

I was going to ask how Sauron fits in the deck but then I realized you probably got him from Agent 13.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

doingitwrong posted:

I actually just pulled Orka from a cache last night. I had Thanos pinned in the shop for a few days, but ended up deciding I didn't feel like waiting to get the 3k tokens I'd still need.

cinnamon rollout posted:

I didn't think I would ever switch from the "HEY. Calm down." Title but "If I lose do not take credit." Is too good

I will probably keep "Absolute Garbage" forever, unless they put out a title that implies that I know my opponent is a bot.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

RevKrule posted:

I was going to ask how Sauron fits in the deck but then I realized you probably got him from Agent 13.

Same with Taskmaster. My highest cost is Chavez, everything else is 1 or 2.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker

RevKrule posted:

Its why I also added Quake to my Sera Control list. Seeing Nexus or Mojoworld pop up while Quake is in hand gives you a stupid amount of T6 power, and even allows for plays like filling up most of an area by T4 and using Quake to shuffle around Sanctum/Crimson to score points, or move Rickety Bridge/Deaths Domain.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Mierenneuker posted:

He gets more screen-time than Hulk Buster tho. That requires certain locations to get more than a blink and you'll miss it cameo.

(also gets played in less)

I even have the rad Wakandan Hulkbuster from the loading screen. drat shame. It should take over as the avatar for the card it merges with because it's on the outside and whoever is inside wouldn't be visible.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

cinnamon rollout posted:

As a fellow HEY haver, I like facing off against “This matchmaking sucks” title holders.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I just played against the first Thanos deck I've seen that managed to competently pull all the stones and drop Thanos on turn 6. There was even Death's Domain on the board. I beat him with my Death deck. A fitting end.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

I like watching people go through all the trouble of playing all the stones only for me to do something like Shang Chi exactly where they're gonna play Thanos.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

doingitwrong posted:

As a fellow HEY haver, I like facing off against “This matchmaking sucks” title holders.

Hah it's good to know I'm not the only one who gets a chuckle out of that exact thing

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The thing with the pixel variants is that they're divided between three generations of pixel graphics. There's old school 8-bits like Ironheart, but there's also cards like Juggernaut that are closer to NEO-GEO style. My personal favourites are probably Storm, Quinjet and Lizard because they all look good on the field.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah the closer you look at them the worse they are. I personally think Cyclops and Surfer look fine.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

New Leaf posted:

I just played against the first Thanos deck I've seen that managed to competently pull all the stones and drop Thanos on turn 6. There was even Death's Domain on the board. I beat him with my Death deck. A fitting end.

The weird thing about thanos decks is that thanos is the worst part, he’s just a big dude, and if you’re dropping him on 6 you’ve probably already won (or lost). The stones are where it’s at.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

buffalo all day posted:

The weird thing about thanos decks is that thanos is the worst part, he’s just a big dude, and if you’re dropping him on 6 you’ve probably already won (or lost). The stones are where it’s at.

Honestly I got lucky by having an existing Death's Domain and having a second location turn into one. I already had the lead on one and Bucky handled the other, so there was one last zone in contention and I think he thought an 18 power Thanos could overpower what I had there + Death and SheHulk. Still, a nice 8 cube win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I know there are better series 5 cards out there, but if Thanos ever shows up in my store I plan on pinning him. The stones are such a unique way to make a deck in this game, and who knows, maybe he will be more viable down the road.