Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

BitBasher posted:

The thing to keep in mind is that GTA is faking at least some of the physics. This is the reason for curb boosting and motorcycles that can make some jumps if you backflip but not if you don't.

Oh absolutely, the gta5-mods.com documentation posted earlier goes into it a good amount. There's a lot of shortcuts the game has to take, and the user created documentation on how the game interprets these shortcuts is wild.

I especially like the one involving the spoiler on the X80-Proto only providing downforce depending on the physical map coordinates you're currently driving over. Absolutely bizarre.

BitBasher posted:

On PC someone needs to set up a macro that injects handling commands directly into the game and make a race with fixed conditions. Then change the car and activate the macro with multiple car conditions. It should always take x seconds to do a segment, or a car should always lose traction while cornering at exactly x spot, like a real life skid pad test. If the time at which a car loses traction changes when the car is modified then you know the COM changed. If you change everything and the traction remains the same thorough all changes then everything is pretty much a placebo. The only way to really do it is to keep everything completely identical. The game's frame rate needs to be static. What car it is, the input commands, the track, the weather and so on have to be identical each test, changing only one car component each time, like tires, to see if the tires actually make a difference.

I loved the testing videos here, and would love for this testing to follow this style:

Pt 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tfaqlJlMA

Pt 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt6_2oK6EZo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
finished the special revolver thing for an easy 200k

the headshots on the sign didn't count i tried you see.

.. edit update.. i went afk and came back it put me into a public game where a bunch of loud noises happened got kicked out of my office and then my game crashed , before i could switch back to invite mode

and upon logging back in it said rockstar corrected my RP so i thought whew nothing changed i see their server saved me, but no.. im no longer level 214 i am 8,000.. before this i hadn't seen a single cheater in the past 3 days

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jan 27, 2023

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

PC is still hosed, like we've been saying

You've absolutely seen cheaters in the last 3 days, they're just not as obvious

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Surely they won’t hack me

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
How it started:

Turmoilx posted:

seeing the stuff about hackers n what not.. i got a feeling its rare to actually happen i want to know if any goons are not caring and living free playin online like a real american

How it's going:

Turmoilx posted:

and upon logging back in it said rockstar corrected my RP so i thought whew nothing changed i see their server saved me, but no.. im no longer level 214 i am 8,000.. before this i hadn't seen a single cheater in the past 3 days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-GaXa8tSBE

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
lmao

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Turmoilx posted:

.. edit update.. i went afk and came back it put me into a public game where a bunch of loud noises happened got kicked out of my office and then my game crashed , before i could switch back to invite mode

rip

Otacon posted:

:siren:Do you play GTA Online on PC? Are you currently? If so, STOP.:siren:

https://twitter.com/TezFunz2/status/1616575783215964166?cxt=HHwWjICx8YPHne8sAAAA

https://twitter.com/Fluuffball/status/1616600849572052992?cxt=HHwWgICy5Yr6qO8sAAAA

It is currently not safe to play Online on PC.

Mod-menu users are now able to do a number of new nasty things.

They can simply crash your client, or set your character to load only into "Bad Sport" lobbies for two IRL years.

They can modify your stats, like rank and cash, permanently, or corrupt character savefiles so you can't even load the game.

They can follow you into private invite-only solo sessions. If this is truly RCE, your computer may be at risk.

If you must play, use a firewall port blocking program like Guardian and play by yourself or white-listed friends only.

If anything happens to your account, only Rockstar Support can help and you'll need to submit a ticket there. And wait. And pray.

Please be careful.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Katamari Democracy posted:

You are about to figure out why our discord has a :turm: emoticon.

Welp.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I did not expect this right after Car Testing Chat, but it's hilarious

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I assume there's no benefit but Is there any actual downside to suddenly becoming level 8,000? Unless you're coupe and just really wanted to spend 50 years getting there.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

The risky issue is that it triggers Rockstar's internal cheat detector.

Whether or not that leads to other issues is currently unknown.

Also any players will immediately suspect the rank 8000 player to be a modder, which can get annoying very quickly I imagine (gamut between 'hi plz giv cash' and being actively hosed with by other mod-menu havers)

Otacon fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 27, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I like that r* saw all this RP and said "level 8003? That's a mistake! Better fix this" before bumping him down to 8000.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
dont you guys have like, free copies of gta on all those game launchers that you can just play worry free to get rid of the URGE and satisfy the ADDICTION .. i think epic games or one of those gave me gta5 free once its not the one i use or ever have used but its there

..i think i may find it and use that for now

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
it's a lot easier to just not log in until they patch poo poo up imo

gotta have some self control it's a decade old game dawg

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Turmoilx posted:

dont you guys have like, free copies of gta on all those game launchers that you can just play worry free to get rid of the URGE and satisfy the ADDICTION .. i think epic games or one of those gave me gta5 free once its not the one i use or ever have used but its there

..i think i may find it and use that for now

I'm not going to willingly give someone an avenue for RCE on my machine, even if it's "just" my GTA account. That's really stupid.

And if we're invoking the "addiction" term you may have deeper problems

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

yeah i get addicted to games easily

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

go play other games, this one isn't going anywhere, it still makes billions of dollars

the only way to force Rockstar to change anything is to make a statement with your dollars or your lack of login

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ron will not stop calling me, is there a way to kill him

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Inspector Hound posted:

ymmv but owning a hanger and working it for a bit shut him up for me

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Inspector Hound posted:

Nah, but if you do the First Dose missions, you get to see him be humiliated by and shunted off by our new homies.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Tristesse posted:

it's a lot easier to just not log in until they patch poo poo up imo

gotta have some self control it's a decade old game dawg

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvCdEr673sI reported this guy in a rockstar ticket B) with video proof hes hosed!

earlier i also kept getting spawned in a parking lot with naked men in it, their cocks were exposed!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Reports get sent to the person getting reported before going to Rockstar, every mod menu will block reports.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Also Rockstar Support don't actually look at those videos; I tested this with my own cheater report video on an Unlisted Youtube URL and every so often check the video analytics. The guy was using Godmode with an explosive minigun.

Nobody has ever watched the video and it's been almost 2 years since I uploaded it.

But at this point you're not gonna listen to any of us in this thread so go nuts champ, enjoy Los Santos

I expected no less

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

i wanna video game, im not gonna listen to people saying not to video game. i do learn from your experienced game tips though, thank you for explaining some gameplay things :tif:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

lol ok champ

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Turmoil has openly admitted to modding in the past and does not listen to gameplay tips or warnings. Blames it on his poor brain.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Was turmoil the one who showed up to a goon night modding and denied using godmode during rpg vs insurgent but then blew everyone up as soon as we got back into freemode?

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

yeah i used mods so many years ago i don't know when it was, at least 5+ probably i just wanna play the game normally now.

and no i never cheated at a goon event or had mods when i did join one many years ago, i don't think that truck was even out at the time i joined the event then. sounds like a really embarrassing choice for whoever did

my IGN aint far off from the one here.

tried to do a heist last night and it was like 40 minutes of waiting just for someone to leave right at the start "prison bus" or something..

first time i tried it all 3 players teleported to the bus and i was at the apartment in my car like where'd you all go.. they completed it but i don't think i got any progress from that

Turmoilx fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jan 28, 2023

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

For several months now any populated lobby I've hit has had bouts of constant, insanely annoying text alerts from spammers, alongside the usual 20% chance of some dipshit using god mode in a way that is fun for exactly themselves. I didn't really want to learn about modding to block the text alerts, so I was stuck doing private lobbies until this latest vulnerability made me pull the plug.

If this game design is really so deeply hosed that they can't shut down very obvious series of repeated spam programmatically, is it salvageable? Not that I'm going to buy another console ever, but what's the honest likelihood that the PC version will ever be a reasonable multiplayer experience again?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

none of us are on the dev team so i dunno

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Jobs are posted, why not done?

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Online will require a near complete rewrite to a client/server relationship instead of direct peer to peer before any expectation of a cheat free experience. It will kill off everyone's favorite replay glitch, but it's about the only way they'll ever get reasonable control over the game again. But, since that would require more server costs than currently, the realistic answer is "Nope, not getting a cheat free game."

Super Foul Egg
Oct 5, 2005
Don't take me for an ordinary man

Remy Marathe posted:

For several months now any populated lobby I've hit has had bouts of constant, insanely annoying text alerts from spammers, alongside the usual 20% chance of some dipshit using god mode in a way that is fun for exactly themselves. I didn't really want to learn about modding to block the text alerts, so I was stuck doing private lobbies until this latest vulnerability made me pull the plug.

If this game design is really so deeply hosed that they can't shut down very obvious series of repeated spam programmatically, is it salvageable? Not that I'm going to buy another console ever, but what's the honest likelihood that the PC version will ever be a reasonable multiplayer experience again?

Private servers and locked down consoles are the only way you're ever going to get a reliably clean experience. They built the game with too much clientside authority (because the consoles weren't busted open at the time of release), and there is no way to roll that back without rewriting the entire mode, especially not after years (decades??) of bolted-on bullshit from expansions and such.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Remy Marathe posted:

The PC version can never be fixed without completely rebuilding the underlying infrastructure of the thing away from peer-to-peer-based lobbies & hosting.

Despite making billions of dollars they won't do this until at least GTA6's iteration of Online happens and everyone is back on a level playing field.

Remember, this is the same company that had us sitting on 10-minute long load screens for like 8 years for no reason anytime we wanted to open the game or even lobby hop.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Remy Marathe posted:

Jobs are posted, why not done?

I sent them a resume with all the cheat codes i know, and no response. It's like they don't even want to fix the problem.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

mp5 posted:

Remember, this is the same company that had us sitting on 10-minute long load screens for like 8 years for no reason anytime we wanted to open the game or even lobby hop.

And even that took a fan figuring out what the problem was and telling them how to fix it

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

So... How's SAMP these days?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Oh man SAMP that brings me back. Let me just load this up and take a look at some of the game modes you can launch...

Hmm...

Maybe we should never play this again.