Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I am up to episode 168 of Gintama.

Im getting close to the end right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Furnaceface posted:

I am up to episode 168 of Gintama.

Im getting close to the end right?

Not even halfway there

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Speaking of Gintama I'm on ep 27, I still have a long way to go for my toxx. So far it's been fine, occasionally it has had more heart than you'd expect from a typical shonen series, but it's not particularly bust out loud funny.

The nabe pot episode has easily been the funniest episode so far though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This show is weird. Sometimes it flies by without me even realizing I just watched like 6 episodes in a row and other times I feel like I should be skipping episodes.

Im still enjoying it though. Im hard pressed to think of another show Ive watched that can bounce between extremely serious and great comedy as frequently as Gintama does.

e: Oh a fellow "I will watch Gintama before 2023 finishes" person. Perfect.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Finally decided to watch Bocchi the Rock. Really exudes charm. Totally see why so many felt it was the AotY

Maybe not the best thing to watch while going through a depressive withdrawal episode, though. That ending animation is one of the ages!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why does amazon prime have episode1 of macross plus and nothing else

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Stexils posted:

heard they did the westworld thing of freaking out that people figured out the killer and changed the plot to include the crooked man. always a bad sign
This was my understanding as well, though I don't know if it was ever confirmed.

Then the Walking Dead: Season Two came out an felt like they did it twice, albeit that wasn't a murder mystery. My expectations were certainly subverted, however; chief among them the expectation of a good game.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
filthyimp were you a kirino or kuroneko guy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbf i dont think any version of twd s2 would have been better than whatever was initially planned for the game with an epic sequence where you bond with a dog for five seconds before having to brutally impale it and then meet a group of people who are all randomly deeply resentful towards you for no reason and almost indirectly kill you, as your new group of friends

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Colonel posted:

tbf i dont think any version of twd s2 would have been better than whatever was initially planned for the game with an epic sequence where you bond with a dog for five seconds before having to brutally impale it and then meet a group of people who are all randomly deeply resentful towards you for no reason and almost indirectly kill you, as your new group of friends
And that was the best episode.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

The Walking Dead: Season Two definitely showed its hand early in terms of overall quality, but it seemed like their initial plan was to pit Kenny against Luke, only to switch to Jane instead.

Sometimes I wonder if Carver wasn't also a change of plan, though I could also see that one being deliberate from the beginning.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

finally watched jujutsu kaisen 0. it ruled
the fight scenes were awesome.
shinji's acting was also really great

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Stairmaster posted:

spite

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm not sure if having 1 episode of Macross Plus is dumber or less dumb than the brief period Amazon Prime had Nanoha and half the episodes didn't have subs

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Finally got around to starting Bocchi. I am gonna really like this show

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Bad Seafood posted:

And that was the best episode.

the only seasons i liked were the first one and last one

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Last of my OG angelfish from my first tank died tonight. Bummed out.

Think tonight might be the night to start K-On S2. I could use some high school bands and tea parties right now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Southern Cassowary posted:

Last of my OG angelfish from my first tank died tonight. Bummed out.
Condolences. Hoping the anime and dinner in their honor lifts your spirits.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 29, 2023

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I just got back from the slime movie. It was cute, but why can't they get the audio right on these crunchy roll releases. Slime has some of the best sound design in anime so listening to this mix in the theater was super disappointing

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Julias posted:

Speaking of Gintama I'm on ep 27, I still have a long way to go for my toxx. So far it's been fine, occasionally it has had more heart than you'd expect from a typical shonen series, but it's not particularly bust out loud funny.

The nabe pot episode has easily been the funniest episode so far though.

that's my favorite one from the early bits i remember, but i like the ones where everyone is scheming over something very stupid the most. i think you're still like 100 episodes away but there's a really good one like that in the middle of a serious arc where everyone has to use the restroom and every stall is out of toilet paper.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Stairmaster posted:

Without more info I'll default to blaming Harmony Gold like I do with everything Macross related.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Big Leg posted:

that's my favorite one from the early bits i remember, but i like the ones where everyone is scheming over something very stupid the most. i think you're still like 100 episodes away but there's a really good one like that in the middle of a serious arc where everyone has to use the restroom and every stall is out of toilet paper.

Yeah I've seen clips of that without context before, also what I'm realizing is sometimes the references just don't hit because they're based on mid 00s-10s japanese references that just go over my head like famous politicians and people in the entertainment industry.

It does feel like the humor is starting to hit its stride in being more consistently entertaining at least by the third cour, which is nice.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/630603009046347798/1069122162767695993/productionmodelnaga.webm

incredible

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I saw Bocchi based on y'all's recommendation and loved it. If I liked it, are Given and K-On similar enough that I'll like them too?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Oh god, Naga in stereo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Pan Dulce posted:

I saw Bocchi based on y'all's recommendation and loved it. If I liked it, are Given and K-On similar enough that I'll like them too?

They both do their own thing to be honest, but they're both still worth a try, just don't go into them expecting them to be all that similar to bocchi outside of the music aesthetic.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I've only ever seen the Slayers TV show so I have no idea who Naga is.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pan Dulce posted:

given is a drama so not very similar

k-on is a classic but has a different vibe to it, more of a hangout/sitcom show, less about the band/music stuff, especially in the superior second season. definitely worth trying

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I literally saw one frame and I was like "is this slayers"

Bad Seafood posted:

She's Lina's foil/traveling buddy in the OVAs and movies, she has a real bad attitude and is pretty heavily implied if not actually confirmed to be Amelia's older sister.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bad Seafood posted:

She's Amelia's sister

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I literally saw one frame and I was like "is this slayers"

She's Lina's foil/traveling buddy in the OVAs and movies, she has a real bad attitude and is pretty heavily implied if not actually confirmed to be Amelia's older sister.

The author of the novels confirmed this a while back but the anime only strongly implies it (Naga also sort of appears in an indirect way during the final season of the anime)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Pan Dulce posted:

given's fun but it's much more of a direct bl drama with a set story. k-on's kinda the mirror opposite of bocchi in that k-on is entirely about life in high school and the eventual questions of what the characters will do afterwards while bocchi is very unconcerned with high school life and views one of its core thematic ideas as how ultimately irrelevant high school should be to the rest of your life, they're both good but it depends on what parts of bocchi specifically vibed with you

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

I started watching Ya Boy Kongming and this rules

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

kirbysuperstar posted:

She's Amelia's sister
That's wild.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Slayers is so good

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Girls with red hair ftw

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Stairmaster posted:

why does amazon prime have the Pokemon XY seasons in French dub and nothing else

:canada: :argh:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Spy family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

The music aspect is the only real connecting factor here between them all so I'm gonna say instead of watching those, watch On-Gaku.