Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

He's the "this is the worst part" pizza guy, except for roasting food with a flame jet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

goatface posted:

When you want really crispy outsides and nice raw insides, the gas torch is really the only option.

This is the exact way I want my fish.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Flambée o' Fish

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

i want egg bread

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Go to McDonald's and get a freakin McMuffin bro

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

Toxic Mental posted:

Go to McDonald's and get a freakin McMuffin bro

Pretty sure the egg‘s not baked into a mcmuffin but i also haven’t been to a mcd‘s in like 25 years so maybe i just don’t know

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

i want egg bread
There's a few coffeshops near me that make a thing like that. It's decent

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Someone posted this earlier but I have a question- what is the organ he starts cutting up at the 1min mark? Is that the duodenum of something?

https://twitter.com/ArkansasFred/status/1583163534145630208

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

I think this guy is grilling fish
https://i.imgur.com/Oqc6lXs.mp4

there's a netflix documentary about this guy. he dips his hand in ice water to turn the meat because he was never actually trained as a chef and probably doesnt know how the normal way

he's also apparently the local party animal too

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
street food is also in part busking where the audience gets food at the end (why this thread is viable in the first place), which is sharpened to the highest degree with those turkish ice cream dudes. so since the ice water and hands and leidenfrost are part of the show, he can't just switch to tongs

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Bro Dad posted:

there's a netflix documentary about this guy. he dips his hand in ice water to turn the meat because he was never actually trained as a chef and probably doesnt know how the normal way

he's also apparently the local party animal too

So he's literally the actual "this is the worst part" guy

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/VhmKS3z.mp4

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
That's not enough raclette for my tastes. The bun better also be some kind of steamed or fried cheese

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Futanari Damacy posted:

That's not enough raclette for my tastes. The bun better also be some kind of steamed or fried cheese

I think it actually is, he cuts it in half and you can see it's either made of or entirely full of cheese. quite the dish

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Some street food vendors are master showmen, some are impressive and artful at their craft after working doing the same thing all day every day, and then some are just no hygiene and no real idea of what they're doing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
At first I thought it was a tub of ice cream and I was excited, then the horror sank in

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I'll take some triglycerides with a side of bun

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Glop

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Yeah slop it up cheese man, get it so gooey I can't see straight.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
How much you think this thing costs
https://i.imgur.com/IuOGtbV.mp4

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

AARD VARKMAN posted:

How much you think this thing costs
https://i.imgur.com/IuOGtbV.mp4

they have the menu right there looks like 200rs (2.5 usd)

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

it's like a trailmix pizza

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bob dobbs is dead posted:

they have the menu right there looks like 200rs (2.5 usd)

I stopped it and looked a bunch and I don't think any of them are that exact style, and they range a bit. alllll nuts has gotta be more

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What’s it being dunked in?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
it says in plain english Spcl. in bright red

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

sugar water

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Honey syrup is my guess

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

bob dobbs is dead posted:

it says in plain english Spcl. in bright red

do you mean this one :thunk:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

AARD VARKMAN posted:

do you mean this one :thunk:

googling showed me that Sheermal are usually dipped in pure ghee which fits with the name above

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
God, flashbacks to the guy pouring buckets of hot butter over the kebab meat

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/7a6qbdpa50fa1/DASH_1080.mp4

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

An incredibly reasonable and tasty-looking sandwich.

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Genuinely thought this guy was doing a Turkish ice cream bit and taking unnecessarily long to scoop the cheese

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://v.redd.it/rked5ykot1fa1/DASH_1080.mp4

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I want some of those al pastor tacos, but I have to wonder what the health code would look like for one of those in the US. Seems like a nightmare.

Are they raw in the center? Is the out side the only part getting cooked at any given time, while the inside sits at unsafe/ideal temperatures for bacteria growth? Or are they fully cooked then put on the roasting spindle for the carmelization? Is the internal temperature 145+ degrees?

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jan 30, 2023

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Even in the US, the answer is "Don't think about it too much"

Meat goes onto the spit raw, massive heating element blasts fire at it as it rotates, and this is where you stop asking questions because it tastes so good.

However, I don't think I've ever seen a spit not in a locked rotation at the may places I've had this style of cooking, but they all seem to have a sweaty dude shaving the meat off and stuffing it into steamer trays vs just sort of rotating it by hand once in a while like in the video. I'd guess the rotation is timed well enough to cook the surface down about an inch or so, it gets shaved into trays that keep it hot enough?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
heres a long article about it in denver

https://www.westword.com/restaurants/food-safety-regulations-could-endanger-traditional-tacos-al-pastor-in-denver-9152151

tldr: it fucks over some peeps in highly inspected places like america if they cant deal with the nontrivial rules, theres a precooked thing from food service companies for this purpose

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
In the US you aren't usually slapping actual raw meat on it, it's most often "gyro meat," which is like an allegedly lamb-flavored meatloaf kind of deal that may be precooked. The ones I've seen also aren't nearly so big

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Smugworth posted:

I want some of those al pastor tacos, but I have to wonder what the health code would look like for one of those in the US. Seems like a nightmare.

Are they raw in the center? Is the out side the only part getting cooked at any given time, while the inside sits at unsafe/ideal temperatures for bacteria growth? Or are they fully cooked then put on the roasting spindle for the carmelization? Is the internal temperature 145+ degrees?

Traditionally the meat should be raw and freshly stacked after marinating. If you work cheaper you get it delivered frozen with the stick included.
If you don't have low traffic you put on a stick in the morning and throw the rest away in the evening. Unless you are really confident that no inspectors are nearby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I've seen some cool videos of dudes loading up huge spits with marinated raw meat but can't find any now that I look.

Take ...this one... Instead
https://i.imgur.com/cgmTjoC.mp4