Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MaximilianK
Jan 8, 2022

Freaquency posted:

Why did the Babadook elbow drop that poor man from 15 feet up?

I wonder how much I would need to get paid to do that jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I know there are strong opinions about rugs in this thread. I want to buy a largish rug for the twins’ room. Probably some shade of gray. 5x8 to 6x9. It’s for the play area as you first walk in.

I bought a cheap Amazon one that was very shaggy, which they loved, but it came vacuum packed and the memory foam didn’t expand to let it lay flat even after a week. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a cheapish rug that wouldn’t come vacuum packed and folded? Do I just need to go to HomeGoods?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MaximilianK posted:

I wonder how much I would need to get paid to do that jump.

There’s a giant crash pad you don’t see. Kid you might do it for the hell of it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I know there are strong opinions about rugs in this thread. I want to buy a largish rug for the twins’ room. Probably some shade of gray. 5x8 to 6x9. It’s for the play area as you first walk in.

I bought a cheap Amazon one that was very shaggy, which they loved, but it came vacuum packed and the memory foam didn’t expand to let it lay flat even after a week. Anyone have any ideas on where to find a cheapish rug that wouldn’t come vacuum packed and folded? Do I just need to go to HomeGoods?

Do you have any local carpet stores nearby? You might find something in the remnants.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I have set a personal record, this is my 3rd case of the flu since October.

Swamped with 60hr workweeks and being a new parent so I didn’t have time to get a flu shot last year. I deeply regret it, and plan on getting several flu shots this year.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pron on VHS posted:

I have set a personal record, this is my 3rd case of the flu since October.

Swamped with 60hr workweeks and being a new parent so I didn’t have time to get a flu shot last year. I deeply regret it, and plan on getting several flu shots this year.

I've made it a point to get the flu and pneumonia vaccines every year since ... 2016 (and every time they roll out a new COVID one, I get that jab, too). Sure, they may not offer 100 percent protection, but my immune system is severely compromised due to the amount of prednisone I take every day (50mg), so I just do what I can with what's available to me.

Hang in there, bud, and make sure you hydrate like there's no tomorrow. That's the biggest thing. And if you start vomiting or having stuff coming out the other end, get some sugar-free Powerade to keep your electrolytes up.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Yah I should have gotten the shot. Deeply regret it. I have eaten like 45 Outshine fruit popsicles since Friday, those are great if you are sick.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I used to never get the flu shots and say poo poo like they don't even know what strain will be dominant and the truth was I didn't want to have side effects or get a shot if I didn't have to. Then I'd get the flu and was miserable.

About ten years ago I started getting them and I've had the flu zero times since them. 100% recommend

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Freaquency posted:

Why did the Babadook elbow drop that poor man from 15 feet up?

well for one thing, he didn't, he missed very badly in fact

also: lol

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1619399070740779009

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I think I mentioned it at some point, but I was the only one who got the flu shot in my family and I was the only one who did not get the flu in December when everyone else did. My 6 year old bounced off of it pretty easily/quickly, but my wife and 3 year old had pretty high fevers for around a week.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I got a flu shot, then proceeded to get the flu right after corporate + family christmas parties, then after a few days of being better, got sick again for a week and a half right after new years

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've gotten like 5 shots in the past 6-7 weeks, let's see: bivalent booster, flu shot, HPV shot #1, yellow fever shot, HPV shot #2. Then after all those I was exposed to COVID on the 13th, started showing symptoms on the 16th, started testing positive on the 19th, and started testing negative on the 27th.

I'm just glad my 2nd bout with COVID wasn't as rough this time, but I wish it didn't drag out so long.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Just made a quick run to the pharmacy before the games start, and I don't understand how every single person in front of me in line constantly takes 10 minutes up at the window, yet when it is my turn it takes 30 seconds. Do these people forget their address or something?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Pain of Mind posted:

Just made a quick run to the pharmacy before the games start, and I don't understand how every single person in front of me in line constantly takes 10 minutes up at the window, yet when it is my turn it takes 30 seconds. Do these people forget their address or something?

Sometimes they're new patients or trying to transfer prescriptions, more frequently they're trying to get an emergency supply of pills because their prescription ran out and their doctor's office is closed on the weekends. I've also seen people forget their PBM card (on Wisconsin Medicaid, your insurance card is not the card you present for prescriptions). And sometimes the pharmacy has to jump through hoops because it's a new prescription of controlled substances like painkillers.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

well for one thing, he didn't, he missed very badly in fact

also: lol

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1619399070740779009

So we spent 20 years losing to people who don't have binoculars?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man. Since Covid I’ve been really struggling with physical activity. Jokingly did a 40 yard dash with an old buddy to settle a debate and ohy god I had to sit down.

The doc said lingering effects were possible with regards to running out of breath etc but drat. Covid sucks

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Pron on VHS posted:

Yah I should have gotten the shot. Deeply regret it. I have eaten like 45 Outshine fruit popsicles since Friday, those are great if you are sick.

the tangerine version of these are godlike

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Amy Pole Her posted:

Man. Since Covid I’ve been really struggling with physical activity. Jokingly did a 40 yard dash with an old buddy to settle a debate and ohy god I had to sit down.

The doc said lingering effects were possible with regards to running out of breath etc but drat. Covid sucks

Yeah it's tough to get back. I played pickup ball for the first time since recovering from covid and after the first game it felt like I had it all over again from how I was weirdly exhausted and simultaneously overheated and chilly

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Went out for a walk before the game, a quarter of the way in, I walk past a Girl scout and her mom pulling a wagon of cookies.

Long story short, it's annoying to walk 3 miles carrying 3 boxes of thin mints and a samoa.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Pron on VHS posted:

Oh yeahhhhh

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kalli posted:

Went out for a walk before the game, a quarter of the way in, I walk past a Girl scout and her mom pulling a wagon of cookies.

Long story short, it's annoying to walk 3 miles carrying 3 boxes of thin mints and a samoa.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

i may be drunk that got me lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Jameson putting out the vibes at the bar right now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

ladybird?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Correct. You should see it now. They knocked down the wall by the bathrooms and put a second bar there and then added another spot upstairs, looks great

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Correct. You should see it now. They knocked down the wall by the bathrooms and put a second bar there and then added another spot upstairs, looks great

just signed up for new travel PA contracts, Georgia included.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

just signed up for new travel PA contracts, Georgia included.

Let me know when you’re in town

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

gently caress yeah tagalongs are the best :chef:

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I'm glad other people like tagalongs becuase I've always been treated like a freak in my friends group for enjoying them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

That's my kind of bar.

All bars should feel like a cozy cabin imo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The best girl scout cookies are those peanut butter ones. Not the ones that have the chocolate on them, the other ones.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I might have posted about it, but I got covid for the first time the first week of November. Ran a half marathon two weekends ago and struggled like crazy because I was still having lingering effects.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Quiet Feet posted:

The best girl scout cookies are those peanut butter ones. Not the ones that have the chocolate on them, the other ones.

Someone on here said those lemon shortbread ones were good, and their my favorite now.

Just that perfect amount of sweet and tart for a cookie

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I'm glad other people like tagalongs becuase I've always been treated like a freak in my friends group for enjoying them.

No way, tagalongs rule, and I'm sad I can't have them this season because gently caress you, diabetes.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Thin mints are bad.

coconut ones are the best

tag alongs also bad

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Someone on here said those lemon shortbread ones were good, and their my favorite now.

Just that perfect amount of sweet and tart for a cookie

Those are my wife's favorites and I gotta admit they're good.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dpulex posted:

Thin mints are bad.

tag alongs also bad

Wrong on all counts, especially because coconut cookies are terrible.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dpulex posted:

Thin mints are bad.

tag alongs also bad

I’ll take your thin mints thanks.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I try not to keep around any actually good boxed cookies; I keep around stuff bland enough that I won’t be tempted to overindulge like vanilla wafers or plain animal crackers or store brand Teddy Grahams or something like that.

Just something that’s enough to satisfy my craving for sugar without actually experiencing real pleasure from it. (But enough about my love life, etc)