Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Srice posted:

The music aspect is the only real connecting factor here between them all so I'm gonna say instead of watching those, watch On-Gaku.

sorry for ignoring ethical isekai baby chat, but if you set aside the girls form a band aspect of bocchi and k-on, i think on-gaku might share more similarities with bocchi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
guys you hear about the steins;gate movie? really worried they're gonna cancel steins;gate over this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please set aside ethical isekai baby chat

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel posted:

guys you hear about the steins;gate movie? really worried they're gonna cancel steins;gate over this
frankly life would be better if they had cancelled steins;gate after the first one. i didnt hate zero but why did it exist. i mean i know why but in an artistic sense.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the movie is hosed up cause theoretically i do like the idea of kurisu getting more agency in her own story as a protagonist but the way they went about it wasn't great

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Tales of Woe posted:

every episode in the 2nd half of space dandy is incredible. top tier anime

thank you for reminding me that i never watched the second half and that i should fix this. bless up to good anime

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I never finished the Steins;Gate 0 anime but the VN is utterly unadaptable and I have no idea why they tried

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the reason is that MAGES was deep in debt and steins;gate is the one thing theyve made that ever made money

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

with all due respect to Your Memories Off: Girl's Style and Night Wizard! The Video Game: Denial of the World

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Big Leg posted:

sorry for ignoring ethical isekai baby chat, but if you set aside the girls form a band aspect of bocchi and k-on, i think on-gaku might share more similarities with bocchi.

Heck, if that's what it'll take to get more folks to watch On-Gaku then I'll allow it...

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
On-Gaku is ftw and also how I found out abt the dresscodes

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Make a high school anime, set it outside of Japan, get people excited about seeing teenagers wearing normal clothes in class, then turns out that it's set in a catholic high school with uniforms.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

bocchi the rock

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I liked it when Kita said to Gotoh, "You really are the Bocchi the Rock" and then she rocked all over tha place

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Srice posted:

Heck, if that's what it'll take to get more folks to watch On-Gaku then I'll allow it...

watching on-gaku and the last 6 episodes of gridman within 24 hours blew a circuit in my brain because it was too much good anime in a short period of time. if i have to become the poster who says 'Best part of On-gaku: Our Sound? It's a tight 70 minutes that doesn't overstay it's welcome for a single second. Available for 2.99 on Amazon Prime!' whenever someone posts 5 paragraphs about problematic anime, well i think i owe it to on-gaku.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Dongicus posted:

bocchi the rock

you should watch bocchi the rock, dongicus

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taima posted:

So I love Re Zero (I get that it's not for everyone and some people don't vibe with the whole "unlikable MC for the first like 12 episodes" shtick) but does anyone keep up on the light novels?

I saw that the author of Re Zero is in some kind of controversy for like... Subaru being a baby, and I guess he gets like, kissed by an adult lady or something? I have no further context.

I don't even loving know. gently caress you anime. I'm just wondering is this as bad as it sounds because if this is true there might not even be more seasons of the anime. That would be a cryin' shame.

e: also random question, how traumatizing is the new season of Made in Abyss vs like, season 1, and Deep Soul?

maybe just read the light novels and if you really want to jack off you can watch made in abyss for yourself as well. or whatever the gently caress this post is. weird mix of self flagellation and "... unless?"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

bofuri the rock

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Big Leg posted:

watching on-gaku and the last 6 episodes of gridman within 24 hours blew a circuit in my brain because it was too much good anime in a short period of time. if i have to become the poster who says 'Best part of On-gaku: Our Sound? It's a tight 70 minutes that doesn't overstay it's welcome for a single second. Available for 2.99 on Amazon Prime!' whenever someone posts 5 paragraphs about problematic anime, well i think i owe it to on-gaku.

On-Gaku is also being added to Criterion's streaming service next month.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Buschmaki posted:

I liked it when Kita said to Gotoh, "You really are the Bocchi the Rock" and then she rocked all over tha place

bocchi bocchi kawaii desu ka

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

boaccheh

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Anime watchers should just embrace the weird and accept that no one likes us, despite a whole generation being normalized to anime.

lol. Don't think liking anime has anything to do with why you'd get that impression....

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Ibram Gaunt posted:

lol. Don't think liking anime has anything to do with why you'd get that impression....

*worst guy in the thread voice* you know, i think liking anime makes you something of a pariah

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

On-Gaku is also being added to Criterion's streaming service next month.

I'm excited to have an easy way to get some of my pals to finally check it out.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

Anime is Good, but people that like anime? :nono:

miserable rear end. die. (disintegrates you with agidyne)

symbolic posted:

did you reg and then immediately enter cryostasis for 20 years

lmfao

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Larry Parrish posted:

maybe just read the light novels and if you really want to jack off you can watch made in abyss for yourself as well. or whatever the gently caress this post is. weird mix of self flagellation and "... unless?"

Oh sorry was I not being clear?

I like Re Zero but heard there was some controversy about the latest light novel, so I was wondering about it, is that hard to pin down or something

I want Re Zero to continue, it's good, and I do not want it to be controversial and not release new anime seasons. My apologies for all the confusion!

The part about loving anime was just riffing off the other dude. Honestly the last place on SA I figured would be normal-gated was here, but fair enough can't be all W's. I'll leave you guys to it, cheers.

Taima fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jan 29, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the anime is not going to be cancelled, considering the poo poo that goes on in other isekai anime. i also googled it a bunch and could barely find anything so it does not seem like that big a controversy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Saw a random twitter post calling something problematic and now live in fear of my favorite show being cancelled on the spot!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

you gotta understand mentioning the terrible child torture anime is gonna set off the built-in klaxons

made in abyss is really fuckin bad for that alone and revelling in it no matter what other things it may have to recommend it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you're the only person I've heard say anything about re:zero other than it's good for isekai trash or it's bad because it's isekai trash.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
You dont have to be normal to post here, but it helps!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
As someone who does not read or watch Re: Zero I am going to need a little more context before freaking out over "Woman kisses baby." If there's actually some cause for concern, Internet irony posting is only going to cloud your message. Coy hand-wringing is literally useless.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

>latest rumors

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Guys, I just found out my mom and dad kissed me when I was a baby.

Should I be worried?

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

Taima posted:

Oh sorry was I not being clear?

I like Re Zero but heard there was some controversy about the latest light novel, so I was wondering about it, is that hard to pin down or something

I want Re Zero to continue, it's good, and I do not want it to be controversial and not release new anime seasons. My apologies for all the confusion!

The part about loving anime was just riffing off the other dude. Honestly the last place on SA I figured would be normal-gated was here, but fair enough can't be all W's. I'll leave you guys to it, cheers.

i don't think any of us have any loving idea what you're talking about

but there is always someone mad about something on the internet, so "i heard there was a controversy" doesn't mean jack poo poo to me

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

This is the most I've ever thought about re:zero besides when the one short-lived manga did vicious parodies of famous isekai.

And their analog to Subaru was a guy named Honda

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Stexils posted:

>latest rumors

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Runa posted:

This is the most I've ever thought about re:zero besides when the one short-lived manga did vicious parodies of famous isekai.

And their analog to Subaru was a guy named Honda

I'm glad that it's a funny name in Japan too

sube
Nov 7, 2022

Stexils posted:

>latest rumors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

are they even making more rezero anime yet? you can worry about this in 2028 when season 4 comes out