Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I'm willing to accept being hosed by rng, but that's like beyond the realm of maths. I didn't get any from rifts today or yesterday (about 2 dozen as well) maybe it's a problem with my game. I was hosting the game so that's all I can think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

RodShaft posted:

I'm willing to accept being hosed by rng, but that's like beyond the realm of maths. I didn't get any from rifts today or yesterday (about 2 dozen as well) maybe it's a problem with my game. I was hosting the game so that's all I can think of.
I did some yesterday on PC and got a few. The event is still supposed to be going.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

I did some yesterday on PC and got a few. The event is still supposed to be going.

I'll try again with someone else hosting tomorrow.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I’ve been getting holiday gifts from about half my GRs, but they’ve definitely been scanty in Puzzle Ring Vaults.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
PTR blog post was updated to clarify some things:
1) You can use the altar to begin unlocking things at level 1 :toot:
2) All seals can be unlocked and apply to all seasonal characters for the duration
3) The final seal is acquired by unlocking everything else
4) The primal recipe does limit to one item per character like sanctified items
5) There is no artificial time limit involved like a battle pass or daily quests

wonderboy
Aug 15, 2001
What is the secret of your power?

Swilo posted:

5) There is no artificial time limit involved like a battle pass or daily quests

Doesn't one of the upgrades require sacrificing a chest from the weekly Challenge Dungeon?
I suppose you could forgo that on Day 1, but that typically makes initial leveling much more of a chore...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Unless you're doing some crazy minmaxing to get all the unlocks as fast as possible you'll get a faster start using the CR materials and just waiting until Monday to unlock that node on the tree.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

wonderboy posted:

Doesn't one of the upgrades require sacrificing a chest from the weekly Challenge Dungeon?
I suppose you could forgo that on Day 1, but that typically makes initial leveling much more of a chore...

Seasons usually start on a Friday, and weekly challenges reset on Monday. So unless you need that spell day one, you could get it day 3. Still kinda sucks. Seems like the only one with a fake time constraint.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Challenge rift cache is step 15 and for 12 you need a socket gift, and that usually takes me several days to get :(

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I don’t think the intent is for people to windmill slam these day 1 anyway.

I think the staff of herding is going to be the worst by far, at any rate. Unless they reconsider the drop rates for some of the mats.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
There's like one goon who posts here who needs to sacrifice the the challenge rift, everyone else can just do the usual. It's not worth unless you're aiming to unlock all the seals before the reset.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Russad posted:

I don’t think the intent is for people to windmill slam these day 1 anyway.

I think the staff of herding is going to be the worst by far, at any rate. Unless they reconsider the drop rates for some of the mats.

Isn't there some trick to get it from Kandela with a certain level character?

Edit: nevermind. Was thinking of the bovine bardiche.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

The Kandela Effect

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cool season, even better if it helps a lively player base for more than like two weekend this time.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Outside of bounties I will play multiplayer when Emanates gear affects you there and not one moment sooner.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Weirdly excited by white/blue/yellow auto salvage straight from the ground. That's gonna save so many trips back to the damned blacksmith.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

iamsosmrt posted:

Cool season, even better if it helps a lively player base for more than like two weekend this time.

I will be playing a ton, the last season is going out with a bang and I am here for it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
RoRG should emanate. It's existence prevents loss of build optimisation and you should have it on your merc already.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I think RoRG is kind of fine where it is right now, essential to the builds that require it but by no means mandatory, with a clear tradeoff. I think it's probably a little too powerful to be an Emanate effect.

I do think that more legendaries could stand to get Emanate effects, though. Ahavarion Spear of Lycander, Gloves of Worship, Illusory Boots, Harrington Waistguard and Razor Strop are a few that spring to mind.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I feel like nemesis bracers should do more than emanate. Having played multiplayer for the first time in a while, when I didn't have my follower with my sage's set and nemesis bracers, that means I gotta wear all that poo poo myself??.

Greater Rifts should have the Nemesis Bracer effect on by default, not having them is a huge downside, and having to either cube them or wear them in multiplayer still kinda sucks, since most builds get defensive abilities from bracers.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
There's an easy way to handle losing out on nems in multiplayer: have a support dh in your group. They're already worth more damage than the extra dps player, and it's their job to hit pylons and give you extra elites.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Yeah multiplayer feels weird when you lose that last 10%CDR you relied on to make your rotation work, or your tireless personal healertank constantly taunting and charging stuff.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Real people are trash. Followers 4 lyfe

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

exquisite tea posted:

Real people are trash. Followers 4 lyfe, except when clearing bounties

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The intelligence of the average pub bounty player is only slightly above MeatSim anyway.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

quote:

Real people are trash. Followers 4 lyfe, except when clearing bounties

Real people are still trash, what you want then are bots.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

yeah, one of my friends is new to d3, and the other hasn't done a seasonal character in years. We just got our first 6 piece sets. I might make a support DH and see how that goes at higher difficulties

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

PTR is up. They stealth changed S2 to only affect Bolas, Chakram, FoK and Impale if you were wondering how that would interact with the new Nat's.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM
If anybody's interested in playing with absolutely perfect gear from paragon 0 forward, the ptr vendor has a bag for 50 blood shards with stuff for the season theme including the challenge rift bag that'll give you 400 shards when you open it.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I legit do not understand the PTR leaderboard DH builds unless something is broken. They're doing 2 piece Shadow, 6 piece Nat's and 2 piece Guardian's set. All while using none of the skills the 2 piece Shadow set buffs, with a Sunkeeper and holy point shot. This has already cleared a 148. :wtc:

What am I missing?

E: now a 149 in under 7 min. Pretty sure the 6000% thing on Shadow must not have been changed yet despite what the items say.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Suburban Dad posted:

I legit do not understand the PTR leaderboard DH builds unless something is broken. They're doing 2 piece Shadow, 6 piece Nat's and 2 piece Guardian's set. All while using none of the skills the 2 piece Shadow set buffs, with a Sunkeeper and holy point shot. This has already cleared a 148. :wtc:

What am I missing?

E: now a 149 in under 7 min. Pretty sure the 6000% thing on Shadow must not have been changed yet despite what the items say.

Good sire I believe it is bugged.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I hate people so much I'll probably play this season on my PS5.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Boatswain posted:

Good sire I believe it is bugged.

Looked it up on the forum. I don't know why people even bother with this stuff when they know it's broken.

Blue post posted:

There is an issue with the Demon Hunter’s Shadow’s Mantle set where Spike Trap and Grenade both benefit from the 6,000% damage from the 2-piece bonus. This is not working as intended as these skills should not benefit from the bonus.

As our team investigates this further, we want to thank you for your patience as you check out all the updates for this PTR.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's the last season they don't give a poo poo

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

On one hand, Blizzard keeping the S2 bonus while explicitly changing the text of the item so that it would not, is hilarious. On the other hand, it is kind of lame because the ideal way to play Nat's is as just another Strafe build, and it's not even that far behind in terms of power. I'd rather have them keep S2 to be honest, at least that's more interesting and closer visually to what a trapsin would look like in D2.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
N6/S2 is hilarious atm, very good use of a few hours to level up and unlock all the altar stuff :v: Hard to say how the build will actually play because it's all about maxing out damage and speed in this busted state.

edit: lmao their poor intern had no clue this necro skill existed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXaX-LBnWxA

Swilo fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 1, 2023

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Swilo posted:

N6/S2 is hilarious atm, very good use of a few hours to level up and unlock all the altar stuff :v: Hard to say how the build will actually play because it's all about maxing out damage and speed in this busted state.

edit: lmao their poor intern had no clue this necro skill existed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXaX-LBnWxA
Perfect example of why ptr exists. Wiping on live would be a disaster.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

If there was ever a season to get your GR150 solo it's this one, even Roland's could probably get a 5min clear in this state.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Edit: nevermind. Figured out most of the "bugs" I found were user error. :)

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Feb 1, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

nvm

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 1, 2023