Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I saw that. Not particularly happy about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nervous posted:

I'd spend the entire dinner bringing up videos of touchdown celebrations and asking Colin which he liked best.

I'd wear my hat backwards to troll Colin

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
How you guys think Orlando Brown will do? I wonder if CEH will get activated, hopefully it’s Fortson. Hope to see Toney and Mecole on the field at the same time. Wish Toney and Skyy got more snaps than MVS and Watson.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Andy said 'probably Fortson' when asked if CEH or Fortson would be activated for the game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

How you guys think Orlando Brown will do? I wonder if CEH will get activated, hopefully it’s Fortson. Hope to see Toney and Mecole on the field at the same time. Wish Toney and Skyy got more snaps than MVS and Watson.

lovely. I'm really worried.

In regards to Ankle Watch, Mahomes is acting like he's fine. He's not fine and he's not going to be mobile and if we lose it's because Cinci's DEs will absolutely cook Orland Brown and Wiley. For once, I hope we run the poo poo out of the ball. If Mahomes isn't protected we're toast. Expecto Pacheco.

In the three losses the Chiefs lead for almost all three games and fell apart in the fourth quarter every time. Now Mahomes is hurt. My opinion is to run all over them considering that's what the Bills couldn't do and also conveniently it's what our line does best is run block. We have three healthy running backs, four if you count CEH. Run them into the ground Schottenheimer style. It will limit the pass rush that that Cinci used to screw with Josh Allen. Be better than Dorsey chucking it deep all game that buried the Bills.

Unfortunately it's looking like snow for our game too and that affects the defensive line's ability to get to Burrow. Here's hoping it's just cold with no moisture and our guys can jostle him. I'm very nervous about this game and basically convinced we're going to lose

nopants
May 29, 2004
as a kansas city and mizzou sports fan i was always waiting for the other shoe to drop because it always did. reid and mahomes have earned my trust and i’m not gonna stress about them. it’ll probably work out because they are just that loving good. can’t wait for chris jones to ruin cinci’s whole season on sunday

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
A joke but kind of not a joke for Chiefs fans based on one play now I guess?

https://twitter.com/vgregorian/status/1619900069955932161

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
He redeemed himself. Butker too. Our rookies played great today. Slightly worried the Eagles DL will make the Super Bowl look like the Bucs one. Mahomes ankle is definitely worse now. Hope some of the 10 key good starters that got injured can come back

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Philly might have the best OL and DL in the NFL so KC might want to put all their players in a hyperbaric chamber or something

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm somewhat convinced both Kelce's are the second best players on their teams in this Super Bowl in their own way. Jason doesn't have stats to look at so it's hard to argue other than just 'that guy's a real good center. Like real good.'

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

congrats chiefs fans

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jason Kelce rules a lot.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I understand in this thread the temptation to hate Mahomes.

but I think you can all understand our hero-worship dude looked like a loving warrior today.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

I understand in this thread the temptation to hate Mahomes.

but I think you can all understand our hero-worship dude looked like a loving warrior today.

I don't hate Mahomes.

I hate that he's a Chief.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I don't hate Mahomes.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

as posted in the GDT, the worst part of being a Chiefs hater is that Reid and Mahomes are endearing

the balance to that is Kelce being hateable enough for all three combined

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Tyreek was my big 'I Hate You as a Human Being' player and now that he's gone, I am indifferent to KC with a slight lean to I hope they lose but if they don't, meh

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

a neat cape posted:

I don't hate Mahomes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I don't hate Mahomes.

He elevates our fanbase and our city

To be clear though the worst of the city are the ones who get first chance at tickets based on where the stadium is. It's not our best foot forward, all the people I knew in KC growing up were more like Paul Rudd. I choose Mahomes and Rudd to represent us, not so much the dudes who start fights and smoke a galactic amount of meth

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I personally have had horrible experiences with Chiefs fans IRL, but I think that's mostly the ones that live out here and would go to Away games.

The ones here are mostly super cool (like most fans here). It's a little frustrating to see a team in my division so well run and with an actual franchise QB.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

i actually don't know chiefs fans IRL and have never run into a bad one online. I am merely sustained by hatred.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

a neat cape posted:

It's a little frustrating to see a team in my division so well run and with an actual franchise QB.

It was such a truly miserable double whammy of a season with the Chefs just cruising on through while the rest of the division just sharted everywhere

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I thought Herbert could be at the same level as Mahomes or at least close to it.

He is not, and will never be.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

All I really know about Mahomes is he skis here a lot. I see him every time I go up.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

ON the bright side, Herbert has those cute lil stitched dolls while Mahomes has an annoying as hell brother. you win some, you lose some

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a neat cape posted:

I personally have had horrible experiences with Chiefs fans IRL, but I think that's mostly the ones that live out here and would go to Away games.

The ones here are mostly super cool (like most fans here). It's a little frustrating to see a team in my division so well run and with an actual franchise QB.

The offer is open to get drinks. Come to a Chiefs / Chargers game at a Valley Bar with me. Any time, SA2K

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Glad to be back!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

The offer is open to get drinks. Come to a Chiefs / Chargers game at a Valley Bar with me. Any time, SA2K

Might take you up on that next season! I want to go to more games at SoFi, love that stadium.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Another grass fire near Arrowhead Stadium apparently?

We celebrate by throwing hot charcoal into dry grass around here.

e: they took care of it, maybe because it was easier to get fire trucks there after the last one.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jan 30, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It really is incredible. And don't discount Herbert imo I think he's better than Burrow

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

a neat cape posted:

I thought Herbert could be at the same level as Mahomes or at least close to it.

He is not, and will never be.

it's awfully early to be this doomer about the dude

maybe one day a better coaching staff comes along and figures out how to get him off social media so he can actually be great

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The337th posted:

it's awfully early to be this doomer about the dude

maybe one day a better coaching staff comes along and figures out how to get him off social media so he can actually be great

27-0 has me in a bad football place.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I like Burrow more than Herbert but both of them are very good quarterbacks. Can't go wrong.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For my Broncos friends, he left us and won a SB with you. But he's still in our hearts. (also bought me a shot in LoDo in the 90s)

https://twitter.com/aaronladd0/status/1619902009888628736?s=46&t=0o66OjQ9TfK-dHlXLsZvCA

Neil Smith rules

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

My best friend is a Broncos fan and the one player he hates more than any player ever is Eddie Kennison.

Chiefs fans you know what I am talking about

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I love this team

https://twitter.com/GameArmourGame/status/1619902452727439363?s=20&t=Ldug7ZGCzXVPh7OLAY1MOg

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Might take you up on that next season! I want to go to more games at SoFi, love that stadium.

SoFi really is the best stadium

a neat cape posted:

My best friend is a Broncos fan and the one player he hates more than any player ever is Eddie Kennison.

Chiefs fans you know what I am talking about

I was too young for this but looking it up..yeah, I get it lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think I want to see a bunch of 3 TE sets and break out that 4 TE set now and then too in the Super Bowl unless everyone suddenly gets healthy.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/aaronladd0/status/1619920748050780160?s=20&t=JRPOnHfcEC7Y1af3_6rKag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Was at the game and it was loving awesome. I'm so goddamn happy