Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

You shouldn't drink at work, but if you are having an "irish" coffee, then surely you should know well enough to try and hide it with a breath mint, or something similar.

Also you should know better than to brag about it, and then blame the alcohol for your indiscretion.

This guy is a huge arsehole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
My ex-wife used to go to Starbucks and get a medium iced black tea in a large cup, then fill the rest with vodka to “get through the day.”

She was loving shocked that anyone could tell when she got fired.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Pope Corky the IX posted:

She was loving shocked that anyone could tell when she got fired.

Another in a long series of :stare: for Corkyposting.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
A parent who abandoned their child suddenly makes a surprise reappearance in their adult life! What oh what could possibly explain this sudden desire for reconnection and reconciliation?

AITA for not paying for my mom's surgery even though I have money for it?

quote:

I (35f) I lost my father very early when I was 5 years old. A few months after his death, my mother married her a guy named "John". John already had two teenage boys and he didn't want to raise me because he never wanted to be a girl's father. My mother, like a good mother, abandoned me with my aunt and took my brother (8 by the time) with her to live with her husband. John was a man with a lot of money and he always spoiled my mother and brother, but he never bothered to get me even a Christmas present. My mother didn't do anything for me either, she came to visit me once a month and didn't even call me at Christmas or New Year (I always called, but many times she didn't answer). My aunt was a woman who couldn't have children, because of that she and my uncle raised me as if I were their daughter, not missing anything for me.

Even without much money I accumulated some money from my job I had during high school and I earned a small amount from my aunt which was enough for me to pay for my college. At the time I graduated in computer science and went to work in a good company earning a great salary, but eight years ago I received a much better job offer in a large company (One well known for having great Hardware products). In that time, I accumulated a lot of money and helped my uncle and aunt renovate their house and I always sent them a nice amount even if they told me to spend it on myself.

I currently live alone in a great apartment with an estimated value in the millions. Recently my mom called me on my Instagram (I post a lot of pictures of trips and fancy places I go, it's not too hard to find me). She asked if we could meet to talk and reevaluate our relationship to forget the past and move forward as mother and daughter. I have a soft heart so I took it, I thought it would be an opportunity for us to talk and finally create the bond I always wanted. We made an appointment at a restaurant downtown and met there.

When we got there she hugged me, kissed me on the cheek and said she missed me. We talked about my life and when I asked how hers was going, she started to talk about how bad she was. Apparently she divorced John and my brother didn't want to keep her as she is now poor. To make matters worse, she lives on a pension from John and has serious heart problems. After a while she asked if I could pay for a surgery she needed. The surgery was quite expensive, quite a lot. I told her I wouldn't pay as I wouldn't feel good doing that. She yelled at me in the middle of the restaurant, said I was a terrible daughter and that I was letting her die even though I could pay for her surgery. I left there very embarrassed.

When I told my aunt, she said it was my decision but remarked that I have plenty of money to pay and that it wouldn't affect me financially. I don't want to do this cause she never have been a mom to me, but i need to ask. AITA?

Edit: English is not my 1° lenguage so maybe i have mispoked something.
I really like the sudden shift from hugs and kisses and tears of joy to screaming anger and spitting venom once it became clear that the daughter was not going to hand the person who abandoned her a six-figure blank check.

FMguru fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jan 30, 2023

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Also I'm genuinely impressed that Irish Coffee Guy, despite open acknowledging that his job is a nest of vipers looking for any advantage over their coworkers so they can climb over them and up the corporate ladder, managed to send a message through official internal corporate channels that was simultaneously 1) insulting and unprofessional, 2) admitting to a substance issue while in the office, and 3) creating a hostile environment for a female coworker. All in a single message! I'd almost think his decision-making processes are...compromised somehow.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

FMguru posted:

quote:

I (35f) I lost my father very early when I was 5 years old. A few months after his death, my mother married her a guy named "John". John already had two teenage boys and he didn't want to raise me because he never wanted to be a girl's father. My mother, like a good mother, abandoned me with my aunt and took my brother (8 by the time) with her to live with her husband. John was a man with a lot of money and he always spoiled my mother and brother, but he never bothered to get me even a Christmas present. My mother didn't do anything for me either, she came to visit me once a month and didn't even call me at Christmas or New Year (I always called, but many times she didn't answer). My aunt was a woman who couldn't have children, because of that she and my uncle raised me as if I were their daughter, not missing anything for me.

Even without much money I accumulated some money from my job I had during high school and I earned a small amount from my aunt which was enough for me to pay for my college. At the time I graduated in computer science and went to work in a good company earning a great salary, but eight years ago I received a much better job offer in a large company (One well known for having great Hardware products). In that time, I accumulated a lot of money and helped my uncle and aunt renovate their house and I always sent them a nice amount even if they told me to spend it on myself.

I currently live alone in a great apartment with an estimated value in the millions. Recently my mom called me on my Instagram (I post a lot of pictures of trips and fancy places I go, it's not too hard to find me). She asked if we could meet to talk and reevaluate our relationship to forget the past and move forward as mother and daughter. I have a soft heart so I took it, I thought it would be an opportunity for us to talk and finally create the bond I always wanted. We made an appointment at a restaurant downtown and met there.

When we got there she hugged me, kissed me on the cheek and said she missed me. We talked about my life and when I asked how hers was going, she started to talk about how bad she was. Apparently she divorced John and my brother didn't want to keep her as she is now poor. To make matters worse, she lives on a pension from John and has serious heart problems. After a while she asked if I could pay for a surgery she needed. The surgery was quite expensive, quite a lot. I told her I wouldn't pay as I wouldn't feel good doing that. She yelled at me in the middle of the restaurant, said I was a terrible daughter and that I was letting her die even though I could pay for her surgery. I left there very embarrassed.

When I told my aunt, she said it was my decision but remarked that I have plenty of money to pay and that it wouldn't affect me financially. I don't want to do this cause she never have been a mom to me, but i need to ask. AITA?

Edit: English is not my 1° lenguage so maybe i have mispoked something.

I really need to reevaluate my career progression, god drat

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

You shouldn't drink at work, but if you are having an "irish" coffee, then surely you should know well enough to try and hide it with a breath mint, or something similar.

Also you should know better than to brag about it, and then blame the alcohol for your indiscretion.

This guy is a huge arsehole.
Why would he need to hide it? There's no way anybody would ever be able to tell because he's so smooth and confident and charming and witty. Clearly his mix of "ditzy coworkers" and "trust fund babies" around him will never be able to figure out his genius secret of mixing his alcohol with coffee!

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Mx. posted:

AITA for reacting badly when my co-worker told me I have "bad breath"?

There is no way that a single shot of vodka in a coffee is that noticeable from someone who doesn't have their tongue in your throat. Don Draper over here is probably drinking a lot more than a "tipple"

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
So, my dad (59M) cheated on my mom (59F). They both gathered us in the living-room to explain they were gettign a divorce. Things heated up, and mom asked the children (me 37M, my sis 34M, my little bro 30M) to pick sides. Complete mayhem ensues. Not sure how to proceed from there.

quote:

Tl;dr: parents are getting a divorce because of adultery. Them not being diplomatically gifted, things heated up and we were asked to pick sides. Little brother picked his own side. Cue the apocalypse.

Sorry if this reads disjointed, it happened a day ago and it's still fresh.

Alright, from the start.

So, mom and dad never had the greatest of relationships. They were both old school in the bad sense, he liked to have nothing to do at all at home, no cooking, no cleaning, and mom had a fatalistic outlook on life and considered they should stay together for the sake of the kids, despite said kids being out of the house, independant, and with limited contact to them. By limited, I mean that apart from my sister who's house is one minute away on foot, me and my brother live rather far from our parents, and our parents were never great at communicating their love, so our conversations tend to be rather factual and short. But we still try to see them for the sake of our own kids, so that they can have grandparents in their life. I have two kids, my sis has two, my little brother none and I don't think I ever saw him with a girlfriend.

Anyway, their fatalistic marriage went on, just as we got on with life, trying to spend a week-end here and there at the parent's home so the grandchildren could see each other and I caught up the latest about my sister and brother.

Cue yesterday, when mom solemnly put the grandchildren away, and summoned us to the living-room before closing the door.

So far, so good.

Turns out, dad who - stayed at home to do nothing at all except maybe go to his theater group with two friends - had slept with a woman from the neighboring village, I think I remember the name and face vaguely, my sister definitely does as she knows everyone everywhere, and my brother shrugged as he's the opposite in that regard and barely knows anyone from the place he lived his entire childhood, let alone a village 5 minutes away. Dad said there was no love left in the marriage, hence why he got weak and did it. Talking it out with my sis and bro, we agreed there had been no love in that marriage for roughly the last twenty years or so. Mom got understandably angry and asked for a divorce.

So far, so good.

Then they talked about who would get what. They built a big house together, and have several more that they are renting. While they can agree about how to split the houses they are renting, they both claim dibs on the family house. Mom has her big garden and her plants and her kitchen, and dad has his workshop and machines and all the stuff he tinkers with.

I'd like to point out that they started to get angry not because of the cheating, or the lack of love, or the children and grandchildren, but because they couldn't agree who would get the house.

So, they both argue voices are rising, while I try - without success - to calm them down, explaining it is still fresh and nothing good will come out of it. My sister does so too and tries not to cry as she's a very emotional person. My brother is the only one still sitting on the sofa, eating an apple and hoping he can leave soon.

Me and my sister fail, and it ends with mom telling us we have to pick sides and cut either dad or mom out of our lives, because she considers seeing him as endorsing adultery and she can't stand that.

Now, I'm obviously angry at dad for what he did, but I wasn't about to pick a side there and now. I want my children to have contact with their grandparents, both of them, even if divorced, and so does my sister. I told them as such, and told them I couldn't just make a decision in the heat of the moment. Of course, this did nothing to calm them and there were lots of tears and shouts.

Cue my little brother standing up and calmly explain that dad was always at home yet never cared about raising his kids and was a complete stranger (extreme, but he's not entirely wrong either), then calmly explain that mom's only way of raising us was with orders and slaps should we not comply, and that her love was proportional to the amount of obediance we showed her (again, too extreme for my taste, but it has a basis in reality. Both parents are "old-school", as said, raised in a farm where life was rude and parents ruder still. They kept that). He proceeded to say both of them were utterly lovely parents and not even good human beings, and that he should have cut ties with both of them long ago but didn't because it was a convenient way to see his nephews and nieces. He added that they could stick the inheritence where the sun didn't shine, gave them both a middle finger, smiled, and left the room.

My little brother has two modes: discreet and very silent (99% of the time), and nuclear (1% of the time) where he doesn't so much burn bridges as blow them up and laugh maniacally as fire and debris rain down all around him.

So far, so... just kidding. Nothing was good from the start, but that's when poo poo hit the fan.

Needless to say, the dispute my parents had before my little bro told them to get lost looked like a polite NATO diplomatic meeting compared to what came after. Dad got extra angry, Mom got extra angry, my sister started to cry for good and I got an extra headache. Mom ranted about ho we never loved her in the first place, dad was making grand gestures as if he was making strong argumentative points but no words actually left his mouth, mom randomly grabbed her face or slammed the table, dad... and so forth and son.

I took my sister by the arm and led her out, my little brother had already gathered my girlfriend, my sis' boyfriend, and the kids to bring them over at my sister's place at the end of the road as it looked like a haven of peace by comparison.

So there we are, a day after. We all slept very cramped but in blissful silence, we explained to the kids in the morning that sometimes, people don't love each other anymore and they break up (hopefully with more diplomacy), and now we're... waiting? I guess?

I mean, I'm pretty certain that the best thing to do is go home for now and wait for things to calm down, if just a little, before picking up contact with mom and dad again to see how things are. But hell, I did not expect a week-end of vacations to go down like this. I just had to write it somewhere. If you have any advice on the situation, honestly, I'd appreciate the support.

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
The best way to divide matrimonial assets is definitely to get everyone into a big room without any external mediators and let them argue it out.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

Also I'm genuinely impressed that Irish Coffee Guy, despite open acknowledging that his job is a nest of vipers looking for any advantage over their coworkers so they can climb over them and up the corporate ladder, managed to send a message through official internal corporate channels that was simultaneously 1) insulting and unprofessional, 2) admitting to a substance issue while in the office, and 3) creating a hostile environment for a female coworker. All in a single message! I'd almost think his decision-making processes are...compromised somehow.

Boy, I'd hate to see how much he would have blundered it without the help of chemical assistance

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for tricking my wife into attending an anger management class?

quote:

My mom is serving time in prison and she calls me about twice a week and we talk for like an hour. We are talking about everything, our extended family, my business operations, etc, and I mention how my wife is on her period, which is relevant because we’re trying to conceive. My wife overhears this conversation and she gets upset, saying it’s an “invasion of her privacy.” I tell her she should have told me if she wanted me to keep that a secret and that I don’t understand what the problem is. Women have periods; it’s a normal healthy thing. She gets mad and calls me a “momma’s boy.” People have been calling me a momma’s boy all my life; I’ve never understood why I’m supposed to be insulted by that. I suggest that maybe she, like the other malcontents who have been calling me a momma’s boy since the 2nd grade, is just mad that I have a good relationship with my mother and she doesn’t. She gets super mad and tells me I will “pay.” So she starts a campaign of petty annoyances, farting during sex, intentionally burning my food, “misplacing” the remote control, etc.

A few months prior I had made some mistakes and was sentenced to attend anger management classes. I at first considered it a punishment and didn’t want to go, but soon I changed my mind. I realized the way I was handling my anger was not healthy and I consider that I’ve made substantial progress since then. I point out based on what I’ve learned at anger management class that the way my wife is behaving is not a healthy way to express her anger. I say that she should come to the anger management class too.(I verified with the instructor that this would be okay first.) She continues to handle her anger poorly and stomps and yells.

I decide that this idiotic vengeance campaign can’t go on any longer. So I come up with a plan. I live in California where marijuana is legal but running a business, not so much, and as a result, the price in the legal market is about double that in the illegal market. So my wife and I buy in the illegal market. So I tell my wife there is a new supplier and we should go and try it out. She goes and I lead her to the anger management class. She’s increasingly suspicious as we near the class and she asks “is this really where they sell weed?” I say yes, yes, and lead her into the class. Everyone welcomes her, I having already explained the situation. She gets extremely angry and says she’s moving out. It’s three days later and she hasn’t moved out yet but I’m too scared to bring up the subject.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Propaniac posted:

So, my dad (59M) cheated on my mom (59F). They both gathered us in the living-room to explain they were gettign a divorce. Things heated up, and mom asked the children (me 37M, my sis 34M, my little bro 30M) to pick sides. Complete mayhem ensues. Not sure how to proceed from there.

"Pick a side, Immediately." "Well if this is how you're acting, neither of you?" "WHAT?(Punches hole through table) HOW DARE YOU! I AM YOUR MOTHER!"

Eridine
Aug 11, 2011

Mx. posted:

r/relationships: a campaign of petty annoyances, farting during sex

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Mx. posted:

AITA for reacting badly when my co-worker told me I have "bad breath"?

I (32M) work as an accounts manager for a large consulting firm [....] from time to time (ahead of important meetings for example), I treat myself to an "irish" coffee by the watercooler to settle my nerves

I assume that his day is basically back-to-back meetings, requiring constant reinforcement. Also interesting how a "coffee by the water cooler" morphed into straight-up "drinking at my desk."

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Let me exhibit the benefits of anger management by really pissing you off.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Unsure whether to post this here or in TFF

i (23f) am worried about my bf (24m) after the bengals loss. how do i help him?

quote:

ever since the bengals game was called (about an hour ago) he has been hysterical. he’s sitting in the corner sobbing and wailing. i went to go check on him and saw he peed himself. i offered to help him up so he can go get cleaned up but he just sobbed even more. i gave him some more time before i came back to check again and i’m not sure of it, but i think he literally poo poo himself. i didn’t see anything, but it smelled god awful. i gently offered him help once again, but not mentioning the new (and foul) smell. again he declined. i started to walk away and heard him mutter something. i turned and asked what he said. he looked away from me and said “i have nothing left to live for now that the bengals didn’t make it to the super bowl”. i understand being upset your team lost. i mean i was rooting for the bengals too, but he is inconsolable. i have never seen him cry let alone act like this. i’m so worried he really is going to do something to hurt himself. how do i help my boyfriend?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
bf needs to see a doc about his smelly pee, shameful

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

The Glumslinger posted:

Definitely post it in TFF.

(I say, having rooted for the Chiefs :unsmigghh:)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I feel like she skipped straight to the internet because on some level she was aware of the reaction she’d get from friends and family if she asked them “My boyfriend is crying and making GBS threads his pants because the Bengals lost, what should I do?”

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I feel like she skipped straight to the internet because on some level she was aware of the reaction she’d get from friends and family if she asked them “My boyfriend is crying and making GBS threads his pants because the Bengals lost, what should I do?”

I mean, we've seen a lot worse in TFF after playoff losses

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

That right there is a motherfucker who bet the house on a sports game and didn't tell anyone.

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

He musta wagered a whole lot of someone else's money

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

Xlorp posted:

He musta wagered a whole lot of someone else's money

he told the mob that if the bengals lost they could take his piss, so now he’s got a real problem

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

making GBS threads his pants now while he's still got an rear end in a top hat to do it with.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is his rear end in a top hat gonna end up someone’s pinky ring?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Tbf, the officiating in the Bengals game was horribly, unfairly anti-Bengals. And that comes from a guy who was rooting for the Chiefs.

Bbl, gonna skip off to TFF for a while. Fireworks!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Nae posted:

he told the mob that if the bengals lost they could take his piss, so now he’s got a real problem

The crazy thing is when they literally beat the poo poo out of you for owing the money, you still owe them the money after they hit you so hard you poo poo yourself.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I get it, it's easy to say you'd pick a pet over another person when poo poo goes down, but i wonder how they would feel if say , during Katrina, someone pulled up in a boat and took the dog like "Sorry, only got room for one more! I'm sure you'll be fine though!".

And to all the people in the comments saying "my dog is literally my child!", your dog will never have a real human disagreement with you, will never disappoint you, or take a job or spouse you disapprove of. It will never have contrary opinions or judge your abhorent behavior or addictions, you can feed it the cheapest dogfood from the dollar store and then let it poo poo wherever, hell you can LEGALLY KILL IT if you want. Do they think thats what a relationship with a child is like?

This is just weird. Like a super weird thing to get angry about.

OP’s friend doesn’t sound like they have kids. But they DO have a pair a dogs they are responsible for caring for, that would be unlikely to be able to fill out the paperwork for food stamps if OP’s friend could not buy them their kibble, that Op’s friend loves and who appear to love OP’s friend. Basically, calling the pets their kids is just a simplified way of saying that.

Man, that Katrina fable is weird. Am I just missing an SA reference from before my time?

Remember, humans can pack-bond with anything.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Here's a fun rocks/nukes story.

AITA for bringing up the reason why my cousin and his wife separated after he joked about my personal life at dinner?

quote:

I (36 M) was born in a very uptight family. This happened last week at my cousin's 'Jack' birthday dinner. I live in another city about a two-hour drive from my hometown. I decided to take my good friend 'Tom' with me for the party and my cousin said it's no problem. Tom and Jack know each other pretty well. Tom is openly bisexual. Some people in my family have openly voiced their concern about Tom being a 'bad influence' on us due to his bisexuality, which I find disgusting, to be honest.

Over dinner, Jack announced that he had proposed to his gf and she said yes. Everyone cheered. I congratulated him and felt genuinely happy for him. Everyone used to tease me and Jack a lot for years for being single. I have perfected an ability to completely ignore them when they ask me questions about my personal life. But last night after Jack's announcement, my oldest cousin 'Peter' decided that it was the right time to mock me again.

Peter is the only son of my mother's oldest rich sister. He's a manipulative bully who always gets his way because his parents have been spoiling him rotten all his life. His wife dumped him last Christmas when she found out he had been cheating on her with his co-worker.

At one point during the night, Jack playfully asked me "(My name), why are you still single? Aren't there any girls here pretty enough for you? Don't be so picky, dude!"

I just rolled my eyes at him.

And then Peter decided to chime in. He said "Well that's the problem. He's not interested in pretty girls. He's interested in pretty boys." while throwing a sideways glance at Tom, whose face immediately turned red.

Everyone was now turning their gaze at Tom so Jack tried to fix the awkward situation by redirecting the attention back to me, which I didn't mind. He said "Oh, no. He likes girls, alright. Trust me. I've seen him getting really wild with girls at parties before. This one's a maniac."

And rather than leave it at that, Peter decided to double down, saying "Yeah but maybe he's changed his mind. Who knows, after spending years in the city hanging out with those hom*s, maybe now he likes boys too."

That's when I decided I'd had enough.

I said "Even if I were gay, that's none of your business. Why are you so obsessed with my dick and what I do with it anyway? I didn't go out of my way to say anything to you when you used yours to cheat on your wife twice, did I? Because that's none of my business."

Things escalated quickly from there. Peter, his kids, and his parents left immediately. I half-dragged Tom out of there because he was already telling everyone how sorry he was and that he shouldn't have come.

Now Peter and my aunt demand I apologize to them for bringing up Peter's infidelity at dinner and humiliating and hurting them, especially his son and daughter. Now the kids know he's the reason why he and their mom separated and they are extremely upset and are giving him the silent treatment. AITA?

ETA 2: His kids are 20 yo (daughter) and 19 yo (son)
I think Peter and Auntie are going to be waiting a long, looooong time for that apology.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Propaniac posted:

Best way to divide this house is with one of those tree-trimming helicopter chainsaws

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Mx. posted:

Neither of these people should have a kid, holy gently caress please sterilize yourselves

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

FMguru posted:

Here's a fun rocks/nukes story.

AITA for bringing up the reason why my cousin and his wife separated after he joked about my personal life at dinner?

I think Peter and Auntie are going to be waiting a long, looooong time for that apology.

Never bring a stone to a nuke fight.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Vodka coffee guy should meet up with Absinthe Interview Guy and 10 AM Whiskey guy and start a company.

Had a coworker years ago that had been topping of the drink with his combo meal with some vodka, then taking a short nap in his car thinking that would hide it. Actually got away with it for awhile, but I guess at some point he figured out that if he got a large soda, he could add even more vodka and be ok.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Some people, like my ex-wife, are convinced that vodka being clear means it’s also odorless so how could you smell it on their breath in the first place?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I didn't work with her directly but a lady at a different branch of a company I worked at a decade ago would have one of those big gas station mugs full of booze every day and didn't get sacked for years and years. It was the most open secret, but she got her job done and people liked her.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Some people, like my ex-wife, are convinced that vodka being clear means it’s also odorless so how could you smell it on their breath in the first place?

"But vodka has no odor or taste!" insists person who has destroyed their senses of taste and smell through years of substance abuse.

(For real though - back in the 80s this was a talking point of Just Say No education. Vodka is tasteless so anyone could spike your drink at any time and you'd never know until you woke up in the gutter, addicted to smack.)

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

wheatpuppy posted:

"But vodka has no odor or taste!" insists person who has destroyed their senses of taste and smell through years of substance abuse.

(For real though - back in the 80s this was a talking point of Just Say No education. Vodka is tasteless so anyone could spike your drink at any time and you'd never know until you woke up in the gutter, addicted to smack.)

You'd think Nancy Reagan would know a thing or two about how to get an unwanted taste out of one's mouth

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

She's right, when made properly vodka comes out odorless, but by law they have to add a compound that gives it an alcohol smell, kind of like what they do with natural gas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yes, I’m sure that’s what she meant.