Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
25 is pretty old to be doing dumb poo poo like that and I should know because I’m dumb and did poo poo like that at 25.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is he going to end up being a Baby Diego type figure for Georgia

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I see we've reached the "assortment of bad headlines" portion of the UGA 30 for 30

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Kirby Smart has lost control of the program

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
How is he 25 and still in college

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Lady Radia posted:

According to a UGA friend of mine he was held back a couple times to get bigger. Idk if that’s bs or not

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

According to a UGA friend of mine he was held back a couple times to get bigger. Idk if that’s bs or not

Definitely a thing in the south. Had a couple baseball buddies get held back in 7th grade “for maturity” whose parents were insane youth sports parents.

B-team football gods lol

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lady Radia posted:

He had a redshirt and then also took advantage of the free COVID redshirt as well

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

All the redshirt stuff got really weird for a year there. I knew one player who was eligible for 4 or 5 years of junior college. Injury redshirt, COVID, two years of playing. I think he another different reaon for a redshirt year.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I mean Sean Clifford started for nine years

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

utah state's quarterback started playing when obama was president

e: i think technically logan bonner might be able to take a medical redshirt since he got hurt four games in to this past season which would make him an eighth year starting qb

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 30, 2023

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kidnapper with gun to my head: You must complete this challenge or I pull the trigger. Name the most "Utah State" quarterback name possible.
Me: uh, I dunno, um, jeez, uh.....Logan Bonner?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

D.N. Nation posted:

Kidnapper with gun to my head: You must complete this challenge or I pull the trigger. Name the most "Utah State" quarterback name possible.
Me: uh, I dunno, um, jeez, uh.....Logan Bonner?

Gimme a map of the UK and I'll be gold

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Never forget

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LLCoolJD posted:

Never forget

lmao

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

LLCoolJD posted:

Never forget

I think about this daily

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

Never forget

gently caress it, we live in a post truth world anyway

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

This guys tweet history rules

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

And he’s on a tear now that Julie is going to the Super Bowl and Okinawa fans are claiming him as their own.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I guess it makes sense but just now noticed, are high school kids paying to promote tweets of their own film?

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I guess it makes sense but just now noticed, are high school kids paying to promote tweets of their own film?

Since Twitter lost basically 50% of their advertisers overnight when Musk boguht it they're now offering poo poo for rock bottom prices. So yeah doesn't surprise me at all.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have a business account and still can't figure out what the price is to promote a tweet so good on anyone that can navigate that.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Rick posted:

I have a business account and still can't figure out what the price is to promote a tweet so good on anyone that can navigate that.

If it were easy, social media managers wouldn't be a job. And all those poor recruiting services would be out of a job.

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

Big 12 schedule finally dropped.
https://twitter.com/Big12Conference/status/1620497148625448960

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Wow, undefeated No. 1 going into the playoffs for sure. Texas really is back

Looks like we miss OSU, Ciny, and UCF. Pretty good for a farewell tour if this is our last year in the Big 12, only not playing Okie Lite.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Interesting. I didn't realize that some of the new Big XII teams would be in the conference for a year before Texas and OU left.

The other day, I also learned that WVU is not only playing Penn State but also Pitt.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
At least they aren't also playing VT but man getting PSU/Pitt/Cinci in a year when the team is going to be dogshit and firing their coach sucks

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Penisaurus Sex posted:

At least they aren't also playing VT but man getting PSU/Pitt/Cinci in a year when the team is going to be dogshit and firing their coach sucks

One of these teams is not like the others (it's VT, we are the lovely team now)

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Poor Big 12 is now that conference that you'd have to cobble together out of the leftovers when you made your fantasy conferences in the video games, but they won't let you actually delete a conference.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Guess Texas isn't getting out of that road game in Houston after all

And that by the way is a crazy friendly schedule for UH. Only two games outside of Texas, and one is somewhere very familiar. If only UH could, ya know, not get whipped in any of them.

And good on the Big 12 for putting the Space Bowl on rivalry week

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 1, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sash! posted:

Poor Big 12 is now that conference that you'd have to cobble together out of the leftovers when you made your fantasy conferences in the video games, but they won't let you actually delete a conference.

I think the Big 12 will be fine with the new playoff structure. They're functionally guaranteed to have their champion in every year, and I see another Big 12 at-large making it often, if not most years. If you figure one of the SEC or Big 10 is getting two at-larges on any given year, that leaves the Big 12, ACC, the Pac 12, the other mega conference and Notre Dame to divvy up the remaining four spots. I think the nu Big 12 boxes out at least one of those for a second spot more often than not.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Big 12 not doing divisions this season stinks, I kind of get why they made the decision. It is weird to do a round robin schedule if everyone doesn't play each other.

This will be the last time Texas plays so many Texas based teams in one season.

Houston's schedule is the most Texas heavy CFB schedule I can remember.

Judgy Fucker posted:

I think the Big 12 will be fine with the new playoff structure. They're functionally guaranteed to have their champion in every year, and I see another Big 12 at-large making it often, if not most years. If you figure one of the SEC or Big 10 is getting two at-larges on any given year, that leaves the Big 12, ACC, the Pac 12, the other mega conference and Notre Dame to divvy up the remaining four spots. I think the nu Big 12 boxes out at least one of those for a second spot more often than not.

The new Big 12 is just a slightly worse version of the American with a better tv deal.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Judgy Fucker posted:

If we’re talking six at large bids, I think it’s going to be rare that the Big Ten and SEC don’t combine to eat up at least four of those.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Judgy Fucker posted:

Is there going to be a rule that caps a conference at 2 bids? Because if not, the SEC will get 3 a year with people champing at the bit to give them 4.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Spacebump posted:

The new Big 12 is just a slightly worse version of the American with a better tv deal.

Worse than what version of the American? There have been years that maybe I’d call the AAC’s and Big 12’a top four teams close to even; but I don’t think there’s ever been a year where I’d take the AAC’s bottom four over the Big 12’s, even with Kansas being Kansas.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Spacebump posted:

Big 12 not doing divisions this season stinks, I kind of get why they made the decision. It is weird to do a round robin schedule if everyone doesn't play each other.

CFB has had this situation for most of its existence. Look at SEC scheduling before they went to divisions. Or what the ACC is doing moving forward. Divisions or play everyone round robin aren't the only scheduling models out there. I'd argue that they aren't the best models either, but that's a preference more than anything.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Spacebump posted:

The new Big 12 is not worse than any iteration of the American. How could it be, the Big 12 swallowed up the top 3 programs in that conference?

Let's say the SEC and Big 10 do take up 2 at-larges each. That leaves two at larges to be split up between the Big 12, the ACC, the Pac 12, and Notre Dame. As conditions are right now, I'd say the order of likelihood of getting an at-large spot is, in order, the ACC, Notre Dame, the Big 12, and the new Pac 12. And even though ND gets overvalued they're not gonna go to the playoffs literally every year. If either of the Megas don't produce two at-larges then the chances of the Big 12 sending one go up considerably.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Judgy Fucker posted:

The new Big 12 is not worse than any iteration of the American. How could it be, the Big 12 swallowed up the top 3 programs in that conference?

Let's say the SEC and Big 10 do take up 2 at-larges each. That leaves two at larges to be split up between the Big 12, the ACC, the Pac 12, and Notre Dame. As conditions are right now, I'd say the order of likelihood of getting an at-large spot is, in order, the ACC, Notre Dame, the Big 12, and the new Pac 12. And even though ND gets overvalued they're not gonna go to the playoffs literally every year. If either of the Megas don't produce two at-larges then the chances of the Big 12 sending one go up considerably.

I’m not looking to throw water on the the assertion that the Big 12 is going to be more or less fine going forward, but I’d assume 4 combined at-large bids for the Power 2 as the floor, not the ceiling.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 1, 2023

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Judgy Fucker posted:

The Big 12 swallowed up a bunch of programs that lost to Tulane, a program that beat the current Big 12 champ...at home.

The most recent American champ> the most recent Big 12 champ.

While I'm not in favor of every program that joined the American, UTSA will likely continue to be better than most Big 12 schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Oh okay so we're just kidding around here.