Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/dril/status/972534838057230336?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

So Pratt's mario voice is just him being himself, huh. Interesting decision

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ArmZ posted:

rowling is pure projection. she believes the mere existence of trans people is a direct threat to her, and she wants them exterminated.

I don't like the way she describes muggles. Why? Cuz bitch I'm a muggle and I don't like to be called what she calls me.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Seth Rogan being himself is beloved, Chris Pratt is the highest earner and should have sounded like a funny Italian

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Palladium posted:

the 4 monkey monk guy in sekiro alone is narratively better than whole of tlou

:hmmyes:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
the last of us was a mediocre narrative that got pushed the first time because the OH MY GOD IT'S GAMING ART lined up with everyone jerking off about zombies, and this time it's because OH MY GOD SOMEONE ADAPTED A VIDEO GAME RIGHT when it was already an adapted video game

vampire survivors is a better narrative

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
why would I watch last of us tv show. I already played the game and the game already was essentially a TV show.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

McCloud posted:

It's weird how mentally corrosive being a terf is. It's like, they always start out just mildly bigoted and then fall down a rabbit hole where it becomes this obsession for them

That's what really fascinates me. Why do they give a poo poo? Why doesn't she log off?

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..

Nichael posted:

That's what really fascinates me. Why do they give a poo poo? Why doesn't she log off?

Her material conditions are so good that she literally has nothing else to do than hyper obsess about it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

I think being told "you're wrong" elicits a reactionary response from most people, but that most normal people are able to process it and change because they're not egomaniacs. but if you've spent a decade or two being surrounded by people that all get their money from you and tell you how smart and influential and incredible you are, it corrodes your ability to process the thought "I'm wrong".

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Nichael posted:

The mindvirus has merged the concepts of feminism and trans oppression for her and she is literally and earnestly convinced she is making a stand for human rights on the level of the suffragettes by commanding an online targeted harassment army against marginalized young people

and nobody likes her new movies so she's bored and is having self-esteem issues

It's both

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I really hope the new Hogwarts game is funny bad, as opposed to boring bad or actually good.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Zvahl posted:

the last of us was a mediocre narrative that got pushed the first time because the OH MY GOD IT'S GAMING ART lined up with everyone jerking off about zombies, and this time it's because OH MY GOD SOMEONE ADAPTED A VIDEO GAME RIGHT when it was already an adapted video game

vampire survivors is a better narrative

Casey Finnigan posted:

why would I watch last of us tv show. I already played the game and the game already was essentially a TV show.

ok are we going to be doing this every week til the finale?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sometimes I like TV show. Sometimes I like video game. Only in America, am I right? Ha ha ha. Capitalism.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Turtle Watch posted:

Yeah that article would have been valid only if they kept their criticism to PlayStation exclusives, not video games in general.

Kiryudoorslam.gif

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Nichael posted:

Sometimes I like TV show. Sometimes I like video game. Only in America, am I right? Ha ha ha. Capitalism.

more like crapitalism

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

what they fail to consider is that autistic nerds relate more to cgi and anime characters than human actors.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

War and Pieces posted:

what they fail to consider is that autistic nerds relate more to cgi and anime characters than human actors.

More american people learned about racism through Westworld then they did through Roots.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

More american people learned about racism through Westworld then they did through Roots.

my little pony taught many the true horrors of the holocaust

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

finished reading Killers of the Flower Moon over the weekend in anticipation of the Scorcese adaptation, really highly readable book with some undertold history that is very disturbing though unfortunately not as shocking as it should be. compared the casting to the pics in the book and they nailed some of the choices. curious which way they take the story and how much hard info vs speculation they include, but i think they're gonna knock this one outta the park. was happy to read the Osage were involved in production quite a bit.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

important to note that the terfs have been Not Mad about the anime gun girl for three years now, here's joanna cherry mp flapping it around in parliament

also it was tweeted at her by loving sonicfox lol

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

josh04 posted:

important to note that the terfs have been Not Mad about the anime gun girl for three years now, here's joanna cherry mp flapping it around in parliament

lmao

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

josh04 posted:

Yo is that David Mitchell?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

josh04 posted:

the only good delawarean

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

pretty sure we gotta end the tyranny of british white women

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Nichael posted:

pretty sure we gotta end the tyranny of british

you can stop there

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1619302315248488450

in awe at the sheer size and scale of this meltdown

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

you think the video game execs specifically asked her to get drunk and xanned-up and just tweet up a fuckin storm as PR for her game or something because at this point it probably helps her

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The game will be the highest selling game this year

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they see miss Rowling… she hatin…

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

GIRL BRAINS posted:

Yo is that David Mitchell?

Yes, it is.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
is there a canonical answer to what happens if you try to do a gender change with magic in the Harry Potter world. Do the magic cops arrest you or whatever

I once accidentally put on a belt in baldurs gate that turned Jaheira into a man permanently

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

The game will be the highest selling game this year
I was gonna disagree until I saw it was coming to Switch in July

Strong possibility

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

is there a canonical answer to what happens if you try to do a gender change with magic in the Harry Potter world. Do the magic cops arrest you or whatever

I once accidentally put on a belt in baldurs gate that turned Jaheira into a man permanently

Hermione disguises herself as a dude via transformation potion in one of the books before JKR all the way lost her mind I think

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Casey Finnigan posted:

https://harrypotter.fandom.com/wiki/Polyjuice_Potion

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Nichael posted:

:hmmyes: only in america

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1619302315248488450

in awe at the sheer size and scale of this meltdown

keep going, ms. rowling

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just remembered that this is the unedited "Early Life" section from Joanna Newsom's Wikipedia entry

quote:

Newsom was born on January 18, 1982[2] in Grass Valley, California.[3][4] Her parents, both doctors, were "progressive-minded professionals" who previously lived in the San Francisco Bay Area.[5] Newsom was raised in Nevada City[6] along with her older brother, Peter, and younger sister, Emily.[5] She is the second cousin, twice removed, of Gavin Newsom, Governor of California.[7][8]

As a child, Newsom was not allowed to watch television or listen to the radio. She describes her parents as "kind of idealists when it came to hoping they could protect us from bad influences, like violent movies, or stupid stuff."[9] She was exposed to music from a young age. Her father played the guitar, and her mother was a classically trained pianist who played the hammered dulcimer, the autoharp and conga drums.[10][11] Newsom attended a Waldorf school where she studied theater and learned to memorize and recite long poems.[12]

and lol'ed all over again because it is pretty on-the-nose for what I would come up with if I had to make up what Joanna Newsom's childhood was probably like for a shitpost or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Casey Finnigan posted:

There was that coffin in Dark Souls 2 that would change your characters sex but you wouldnt notice if you were wearing armor since the armor sets (mostly?) werent gendered. you'd just chill in the coffin and get out and it would seem like nothing happened until you take off your armor later in the game for some reason and saw that you were now a woman.