Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

fez_machine posted:

lol Meltzer griping that people gave him flack for not being an Emi Sakura respecter

Sakura strikes strong, she should be respected.

Mark was on fire with the Soda match complaints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I found mark awful to listen to and had to just bail out of the episode once he got going on that

He sounded like he was doing some weird half-subdued so mum and dad don’t hear me ranting in my bedroom voice

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

fez_machine posted:

lol Meltzer griping that people gave him flack for not being an Emi Sakura respecter

Emi should chop Dave.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I don't blame Dave for thinking that Emi was unlikely to draw viewers. However him calling it a C-tier lineup was silly, when they had Hangman, Hayter, Best Friends + other solid midcarders.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I want to play along and find Mark funny but, oof. How old is this guy anyway?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Mark is ok as a 1 year "treat" but i couldn't handle him on a regular basis. Soda rant was good so he did his duty for another year.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mark is great

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

The Undertaker is coming back and doing a Faygo Pineapple Casket Match! Dr. Pepper Hell In A Cell!!!

Mark haters in the mud, love me some Mark

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

the secret of the observer pods is they are all "mark" if you get my drift

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HerraS posted:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The boys know which Royal Rumble you want them to talk about!!!

Get ready to step back in time and relive the third episode of WWF Shotgun Saturday Night from 1997. Two of the biggest names in the business, Stone Cold Steve Austin and Terry Funk, went head-to-head in an unforgettable battle. We'll also be previewing the upcoming WWF Royal Rumble 1997, a landmark event that marked the start of the road to WrestleMania. Shotgun Saturday Night, a great concept, that could have worked if done differently. In addition, we'll be celebrating the 4th Annual DEADIES Awards, where we'll honor the best  in the world of professional wrestling from the previous year of 2022. And for the first time ever, we'll also be presenting the 1st Annual DPW Awards, recognizing the standout performers and moments from DEADLOCK Pro Wrestling

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HerraS posted:

The Undertaker is coming back and doing a Faygo Pineapple Casket Match! Dr. Pepper Hell In A Cell!!!

ok the Dr Pepper HIAC had me chuckle, I could just do without the random grunts and snorts and various nerd sounds.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

turn your microphone off

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

In addition, we'll be celebrating the 4th Annual DEADIES Awards, where we'll honor the best  in the world of professional wrestling from the previous year of 2022.
loving lol at Jimmy Chicken winning promo of the year

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

For me it was actually the random little side story about Bryan at the supermarket pulling up in his car and asking Mark if he has kids that cracked me up the most. "You've known me for 20 years, you know I don't have kids!"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Mark is a good window into the civilian lives of B&V, and for that he deserves his spot as a sometimes other person.

In a related thing, I just watched the Doctor Who serial the Green Death, and the character of Elgin looks JUST LIKE him.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

For me it was actually the random little side story about Bryan at the supermarket pulling up in his car and asking Mark if he has kids that cracked me up the most. "You've known me for 20 years, you know I don't have kids!"

He's an annual delight. When we had him twice due to 'The Greatest Royal Rumble' event it was fine, too. Him being tied to one event is perfect.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1620131469250400256?s=46&t=UJfh-v9oSysNVWrAdCbB9g

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I expected him to look like Mancow.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mark doing the fake drunk voice was incredibly cringe imho

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This checks out tbh

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

"i listen to deadlock every week with my partner, aj i love you"

"aw thats sweet"

"DICK THE COCK JOHNSON"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I can't believe Demo Dick Marcinco didn't win

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I can't believe Demo Dick Marcinco didn't win

Dick Tater is a worthy champion, though

Edit: Summoning 70,000 Mexicans to watch Shawn Michaels lose to Sid

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 30, 2023

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Mark looks like Brace Belden

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I think Mark is cool

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pro mark

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mark liker

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Edit: Summoning 70,000 Mexicans to watch Shawn Michaels lose to Sid

This was incredible

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm sure they actually bought tickets to watch Mil Mascaras eliminate himself from the Rumble

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Classic Meltzer, kicking off WOR talking about 70s sitcoms.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Also went in on WWE Press Conferences and “journalists” clapping at them. This I feel will generate some waves online.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

He's right.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

njsykora posted:

He's right.

As always

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Classic Meltzer, kicking off WOR talking about 70s sitcoms.

On the dearly departed WrestleCrap Radio, R.D. Reynolds would frequently say "Dave Meltzer, not talking about [subject unrelated to wrestling]!" and I guess the student has become the master.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Samoa Joe is on Renee's podcast today, really good listen.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bryan: "They're trying to sell this company by mid-year"

Mike: "They're mid, alright."

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i miss the monumental podcast.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

JOHN CENA posted:

i miss the monumental podcast.

I miss the Immovable Objects Pisscast.

Speaking of, can someone please upload the Pisscast archives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is there any way to slow down the speed of these podcasts while listening to them at 6x speed? i need it to go by that fast but i need it to be slower so i can understand it