Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
lol

https://twitter.com/Battlerpilled/status/1620084294269140992?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1619302315248488450

in awe at the sheer size and scale of this meltdown

The UK government will continue to empower her views.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

isn't he like a psycho rear end in a top hat in real life or something

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

1000 CURED blind people are now paid subscribers.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Casey Finnigan posted:

isn't he like a psycho rear end in a top hat in real life or something

what

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

let a youtuber/the antichrist give free healthcare in order to advance his image why should I give a gently caress

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

from Wikipedia

quote:

In a May 2021 New York Times article, Matt Turner, an editor for Donaldson from February 2018 to September 2019, claimed that Donaldson berated him almost daily, including calling him a retard. Turner also reported that he was regularly not credited for his work.[84] Reporting by Insider showed that Turner previously posted a video in 2018 explaining his allegations, and in October 2019 released a deleted Twitter thread which stated that he was "yelled at, bullied, called mentally retarded and replaceable by MrBeast every single day."[104]

Nate Anderson quit after working for Donaldson for a week in 2018 over what he said were unreasonable demands and called Donaldson a perfectionist. After releasing a video describing his experience, Anderson reportedly received death threats from MrBeast's fans. Nine other employees who worked for Donaldson also stated that while Donaldson was sometimes generous, his demeanour would change when cameras were off. They described a difficult work environment while working under him.[84][104]

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I didn't play the video game but am enjoying the Last of Us show

I am deeply ashamed of my myself for this incorrect way of life I've led

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Mr Hootington posted:

The game will be the highest selling game this year

not in a year with both a new zelda game and a new bethesda game

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

loquacius posted:

Just remembered that this is the unedited "Early Life" section from Joanna Newsom's Wikipedia entry

and lol'ed all over again because it is pretty on-the-nose for what I would come up with if I had to make up what Joanna Newsom's childhood was probably like for a shitpost or something

isn't she married to andy samberg? the hell is even going on anymore.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Andy Sandburgler

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Antonymous posted:

let a youtuber/the antichrist give free healthcare in order to advance his image why should I give a gently caress

you will give a gently caress when he is president of your rear end

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
it would be pretty good timing for the antichrist to reveal himself around now I think

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Casey Finnigan posted:

why would I watch last of us tv show. I already played the game and the game already was essentially a TV show.

latest episode had 0 scenes from the game

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
ok i found an interview with him and it seems like he wanted to be the "best" at youtube. early on he saw that the most views he got was giving away hundreds or thousands of dollars to pizza delivery drivers and homeless people.
but yeah hes probably some kinda weirdo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

fits my needs posted:

ok i found an interview with him and it seems like he wanted to be the "best" at youtube.

fits my needs posted:

??? probably???

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Casey Finnigan posted:

from Wikipedia

what

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

wow he stayed in his hometown for authenticity and everyone there is much cheaper to hire, what a guy!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it seems like he's a psycho rear end in a top hat based on "wanting to be the best at youtube"

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

fits my needs posted:

ok i found an interview with him and it seems like he wanted to be the "best" at youtube. early on he saw that the most views he got was giving away hundreds or thousands of dollars to pizza delivery drivers and homeless people.
"Texas vs California for $1,000,000,000,000"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you will give a gently caress when he is president of your rear end

The year is 2040, Mr. Beast begins his first term as president.

Mr.Beast: *Today we are EMPTYING the treasury to buy every single American a home! That means there will be no more money for the military, so now every man, woman, child and nonbinary are conscripted into my satanic army!*

you: drat I hate this youtube poo poo

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i don't think he will do that

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

what

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

austin 3:16

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

"Texas vs California for $1,000,000,000,000"

Antonymous posted:

The year is 2040, Mr. Beast begins his first term as president.

Mr.Beast: *Today we are EMPTYING the treasury to buy every single American a home! That means there will be no more money for the military, so now every man, woman, child and nonbinary are conscripted into my satanic army!*

you: drat I hate this youtube poo poo

i'd give that garbage a view why not

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

my wife and I watched the new last of us episode and it made both of us cry. :smith:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mawarannahr posted:

they see miss Rowling… she hatin…

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

NeatHeteroDude posted:

my wife and I watched the new last of us episode and it made both of us cry. :smith:

it was sweet

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Jared Leto Can't Stop Doing His Italian Accent!

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Filthy Hans posted:

it was sweet

i liked the new direction the writers took it in. much better than the game sequence. also it was sweet :)

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
is andrea risenborough being accused of bribing folks for voting for her oscar nom? i see weird articles about it but no one will ever say what 'rules' she's supposedly broken

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

mastershakeman posted:

is andrea risenborough being accused of bribing folks for voting for her oscar nom? i see weird articles about it but no one will ever say what 'rules' she's supposedly broken

I tried to understand this and what I got was basically, it's weird for a film no one saw to get a nomination. It seems people voted for it on the suggestion of famous actor's endorsement. And her campaign suggested that other actressess (olivia coleman, viola davis) were a lock, so why stack their votes - don't waste your vote and try supporting an underdog. But campaigning against other people is not allowed, and that could be construed as campaigning against them. Of course those two weren't nominated in the end.

The bigger discomfort is that people might have to finance and organize their own campaigns rather than producers and studios. That could become the norm which is an even uglier future.

that's what I gleamed

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the academy has entered the scoobiverse

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nonsense posted:

the academy has entered the scoobiverse

The Academy has been shot down over scoobiverse. All members have been assumed to be KIA.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Antonymous posted:

I tried to understand this and what I got was basically, it's weird for a film no one saw to get a nomination. It seems people voted for it on the suggestion of famous actor's endorsement. And her campaign suggested that other actressess (olivia coleman, viola davis) were a lock, so why stack their votes - don't waste your vote and try supporting an underdog. But campaigning against other people is not allowed, and that could be construed as campaigning against them. Of course those two weren't nominated in the end.

The bigger discomfort is that people might have to finance and organize their own campaigns rather than producers and studios. That could become the norm which is an even uglier future.

that's what I gleamed

she's as utterly ruthless as the character she played in Zero Zero Zero

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I wonder how many completely unhinged and insane things actors/producers have done in the name of productions simply because they think they're "fighting" for all of the people who worked on the project.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Mrs. Yeast?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

loquacius posted:

TERFs apparently think the chav yelling "show us your tits, love" on the street and the old white dude who denied them a raise in 1997 are both the same person as the trans woman who wants to use a bathroom in peace, it's the weirdest leap

gendered bigotry being crudely mishmashed so that completely different prejudices and perpetrators of prejudice are coalesced into a nonsensical strawman with no internal coherence? what an absurd idea now if youll excuse me i need to go write an article for the atlantic about how incels are ruining online dating by insisting on choking their partners during sex

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Best Picture goes to the producer of the film and best foreign film is awarded to the country, not any of the film makers. not a lot of people kno that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

I am shocked that the man who jammed his hand into a jar of hot ice and ate two cactuses might have emotional issues