Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

namlosh posted:

Probably not the thread for it, but the new maverick is supposed to be good?

I haven't personally driven one but they get great gas milage (hybrid especially but I heard that the full gas does too). Small but functional as a truck. Good reviews from people I've talked to who have one.

If they added AWD hybrid and the newest Sync system I might consider one in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

big truck people are such loving tools

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Belongs in the terrible car poo poo thread.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
Step stool, fancy gymnastics or running boards that automatically drop 15 inches?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Jesus christ that's a $73,000 truck before the tacky dealer-added poo poo. Once you factor in a step stool so he can climb in, that tiny man is going to have dropped nearly six figures on a pedestrian murder appliance.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It's not that bad, the driver is actually 4'0"

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

LMAO are there LED lights up in the undercarriage so people can fully observe his idiotic suspension?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

LMAO are there LED lights up in the undercarriage so people can fully observe his idiotic suspension?

LEDs draw so little current that the trend presently is to leave them on 24/7, even when parked.

I hate brodozers so loving much.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

it's cool he got a great deal on the loan, 38% (higher number is better, that's what the dealer told me).

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Safety Dance posted:

Jesus christ that's a $73,000 truck before the tacky dealer-added poo poo. Once you factor in a step stool so he can climb in, that tiny man is going to have dropped nearly six figures on a pedestrian murder appliance.

It's absolutely over six figures.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

It's absolutely over six figures.

Easily. Easily.

and yeah with a 144 month 38% note of $999.99

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Mister Kingdom posted:

Isn't that a Jag S-type grille?

You're probably right, I paid too much attention to the rest of it. I didn't go all the way around the circle. Just looked at a horseshoe's worth.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrYenko posted:

LEDs draw so little current that the trend presently is to leave them on 24/7, even when parked.

I hate brodozers so loving much.

It should be legal to hunt brodozers with rocket launchers, Saints Row style.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sorry about your vanishingly small penor, Josh.
God dammit - of course it's TX.

Fifty Three posted:

It's not that bad, the driver is actually 4"

I may be overestimating.
Or did you mean his height?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It should be legal to hunt brodozers with rocket launchers, Saints Row style.

Oh, I'm on board! Especially since this motherfucker is going to be on the same roads as I am, with his headlights in my teeth.

edit: No picture, but I saw a king bro on the road this morning. Dually 4x4 F-350 with low profiles (wider wheel in the front, of course.) Drop hitch was at least 2' long. It was braced, at least. I think it was a King Ranch rather than a Platinum - I don't recall seeing the stainless tailgate panel.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 20, 2023

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

cursedshitbox posted:

Belongs in the terrible car poo poo thread.

Agreed, it's not been lifted enough.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Darchangel posted:

I may be overestimating.
Or did you mean his height?
lol I fat-fingered the units but that works too :discourse:

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Little man didn't even commit fully to the bit and get some PORTAL WHEELS going?
Pathetic.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

My brother drives a lifted 4x4 F250. OTOH, it's on off-road rubber, the lift is just enough for good ground clearance, he doesn't have a tacky lightbar, and he pulls trailers down roads God never intended for vehicles to travel, so, he's got a solid use-case.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

No

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

☹️

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Not you

That…thing.

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

I can't get over how short it makes him look.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Looks even shorter with his pants off. :flaccid:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

But the threaded spindle is still there...

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

i'm assuming a rod tried to do this?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Thank you for posting, that, I've been looking for that picture for years.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Cojawfee posted:

Thank you for posting, that, I've been looking for that picture for years.

i think it was kinda lost to time for a while until one of the devs did a 20 year retrospective thingy

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

This pic is pulling a M.C. Escher on me big time and I can't figure out if the part with the hex at the end is a bolt, or at the bottom of internal threads

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

NoWake posted:

This pic is pulling a M.C. Escher on me big time and I can't figure out if the part with the hex at the end is a bolt, or at the bottom of internal threads

I had the same perspective issue. It's an oil filter boss. The hex at the end of the threads is female.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
Forgive me if this is elsewhere in the forums but Jesus H Christ... I present to you; the most expensive motorcycle on Amazon.

https://youtu.be/mSzk5iz726E?t=1181

This part is the best but the whole video is just awesomely horrible if you like motorcycles at all.

Joe Mama fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jan 29, 2023

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hate that guy's videos. the main dude (sunglasses guy) knows literally nothing about motorcycles. also he's a jesus freak.

but yeah the bike is hilariously bad

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Joe Mama posted:

Forgive me if this is elsewhere in the forums but Jesus H Christ... I present to you; the most expensive motorcycle on Amazon.

https://youtu.be/mSzk5iz726E?t=1181

This part is the best but the whole video is just awesomely horrible if you like motorcycles at all.

LMAO that sounds wtf

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's what any small engine sounds like with no exhaust pipe on it.

note that running it that way is bad for the engine because it doesn't scavenge the gas properly and you can burn the valves.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

sharkytm posted:

I had the same perspective issue. It's an oil filter boss. The hex at the end of the threads is female.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make the observation that oil pressure dropped after this occurred.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Sagebrush posted:

note that running it that way is bad for the engine because it doesn't scavenge the gas properly and you can burn the valves.

I, too, remember this old wives' tale from my youth, many years ago.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Darchangel posted:

I, too, remember this old wives' tale from my youth, many years ago.

If it's a two stroke, my impression is that dark magic and old wives' tales are par for the course when tuning the exhaust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I ran my two stroke without an exhaust after rebuilding it and burned the valves so thoroughly there was no trace of them left anywhere.