Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

bump_fn posted:

how does elon musk not kill himself out of shame

shame is an emotion that requires you to perform the basic human task of mentally modeling the thoughts of other people, and high-functioning sociopaths are only the tiniest bit aware that other people exist

(low-functioning sociopaths aren't aware that other people exist at all, including their own future selves, and tend to get weeded out (killed) early)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Roosevelt posted:

was he workshopping a joke with all those tweets? idgi

"i support the current thing" or something to that effect is a WN meme that purportedly mocks people caring about things and sometimes caring about other things at a different point in time

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Sapozhnik posted:

"i support the current thing" or something to that effect is a WN meme that purportedly mocks people caring about things and sometimes caring about other things at a different point in time
he sure cared about his jet tracker

not very "hitler" of him

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

polyester concept posted:

I obsessively seek out new music and have an obscene amount of flac files, not because I prefer to listen to lossless, but more so because I started obsessing about not having to transcode when i converted it to mp3 for my portable devices. i started ripping my cd collection in around 2007 or so and continued buying and ripping cds (and then keeping them in a box never to be seen by light again) until around the time covid finally broke the thrift store habit I had. plus a lot of downloads.

I have about 1.5 TB of music which is probably nothing compared to some people's movie or tv libraries, but it makes all of the playlist-building AI features of plex really fun and i'm always rediscovering old music in my library.

i've had more last.fm scrobbles in 2022 than any year prior, which is kind of crazy. the lulls in my listening habits oddly match up with periods of depression. strange how that works

Yo poly, thanks for this post. I was blissfully unaware of how good Plexamp is these days. Including the carplay integrations, last.fm scrobbling, and ability to play and transcode flac on any device. This weekend I spent a ton of time upgrading old 128kbps albums to flac and doing general clean-up, re-activiating my last.fm which I haven't used since 2018 when I started using streaming services, and then re-importing my 200gb of music, and it's lovely to hear some stuff I forgot about that spotify and AM weren't giving me.

The Sonic thing works really well, and I get a nice sense of comfort knowing none of these songs are just going to magically become unavailable due to licensing issues or whatever.

Cheers m8.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

nice! it works even better if you actively rate songs, too, because I am pretty sure it uses the sonic similarity thing to sprinkle in more stuff it think you'd like and less of what you don't. it's really nice that there's still this kind of attention being paid to software that honestly feels more and more niche every year with everything going streaming

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

can I stream Apple Music through that thing as well, or will I need to use one app for my music on disk and then Music for Apple Music?

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
still gotta use respective apps for whatever streaming service. There's apparently some sort of integration with Tidal and Plex but I have never used Tidal before so not sure how that works

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the video side of plex added support to integrate all the video streaming services like netflix, hulu, prime, disney+, hbomax, apple tv into plex itself. no idea how it works because i've never tried it but it's possible they could one day do the same for music but idk.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

polyester concept posted:

the video side of plex added support to integrate all the video streaming services like netflix, hulu, prime, disney+, hbomax, apple tv into plex itself. no idea how it works because i've never tried it but it's possible they could one day do the same for music but idk.

plex just offers the deeplinks into the other apps

so if you click "watch this movie on disney+" or whatever in plex it'll tell your device that you clicked a link that goes to the disney+ app and opens up the movie within that app

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

plex just offers the deeplinks into the other apps

so if you click "watch this movie on disney+" or whatever in plex it'll tell your device that you clicked a link that goes to the disney+ app and opens up the movie within that app

this is pretty much what the apple tv app does also, somehow it saves your progress too. sometimes there are "channels" for the streaming services though (like paramount+) that just serve the content OTT to the tv app, so you get to use that interface instead. typically it is much much better, but i still don't really like it (yospos regulars probably know i worked at apple, on media software, before. i get really mad about this lol)

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

FlapYoJacks posted:

The service center didn’t know what was wrong lmfao.

https://twitter.com/preneh24/status/1620063459986771972

props to this guy for being the rare Tesla owner that actually wants to return the car after it immediately fails catastrophically

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol, that looks like woodbridge in new jersey

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pigbuster posted:

props to this guy for being the rare Tesla owner that actually wants to return the car after it immediately fails catastrophically

wanna return the car tho

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

good news, everyone! the california tesla guy was caught
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVeK7KxO-f4

that "gas station" is clearly a carwash though lol

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
so is he a crypto bro

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
https://abc7.com/road-rage-southern-california-tesla-driver-suspect-arrest/12749617/

lmfao

quote:

At least 10 people have come forward saying they've had frightening encounters with the man, in several cases capturing him on video smashing the sides of cars with a metal pipe.

A suspect linked to those attacks was arrested by CHP officers at a carwash in Torrance Sunday afternoon and booked into LAPD's 77th jail.

He has been identified as 36-year-old Nathaniel Walter Radimak. He was booked for assault with a deadly weapon and on two outstanding warrants. Initial bail was listed at $5.175 million.

His car, a 2022 Tesla Model X, was seized.

:byewhore:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lain Iwakura posted:

so is he a crypto bro

no idea. seems he kept a small internet footprint. other than being on a dating website for "cougars". he was arrested wearing that same stupid shirt though lol.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
unsurprising there appears to be a domestic violence case against him

https://unicourt.com/case/ca-la23-vien-lisa-vs-radimak-nathaniel-walters-829421

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
if its the right person she appears to be an army veteran and cal arts scholar

great guy, hope he rots

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

if its the right person she appears to be an army veteran and cal arts scholar

great guy, hope he rots

are you trying to look up the woman in the domestic violence case?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

akadajet posted:

are you trying to look up the woman in the domestic violence case?

well not directly, i was looking up the court docs to see why it was dispensed

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Beeftweeter posted:

well not directly, i was looking up the court docs to see why it was dispensed

can't wait for more poo poo to come out about the guy. hope whoever he was abusing feels safer with him locked up. his bail was set at 5 million.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah, he had two outstanding warrants too. gently caress that guy. seems like a total monster

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Good on her for leaning into the fact that she naturally walks without rhythm.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
https://old.reddit.com/r/electricvehicles/comments/10nyv17/tons_of_ants_found_inside_and_out_of_tesla_model/

teslas have lots of bugs

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Courtesy reminder that the getup there is some multi-thousand dollar thing made for rich morons doing their first Burning man.

Lenny Nero
Apr 14, 2007

I'm the magic man...The Santa Claus of the subconscious

lol this reply is gold, buried beneath several bazinga posts saying that the ants will just "turn to dust":

Vurt__Konnegut posted:

HERE is the REAL problem. To kill those ants, you’re talking about very high concentrations of ozone (hundred of ppm to a few thousand ppm, or > 10,000 times the EPA health standard!!!). for several hours.

Guess what else doesn’t like ozone? Rubber and plastics. That “gassing” will age every rubber seal, every gasket, every internal wire by 3-5 years. Would you pay new for a 5-year old car, even if it’s got 0 miles? No. Refuse delivery on that basis, order new.

Also, ants are pretty resistant even to those high concentrations. It drives them away, most (not all) will leave, but it doesn’t kill them. Scroll down to the bottom here:

https://riskmitigationinfo.com/will-ozone-generator-kill-insects/

(Credentials- environmental engineer with 25 years experience on the effects of ozone)

Fishbus
Aug 30, 2006

"Stuck in an RPG Pro-Tour"

rip bozone

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

Courtesy reminder that the getup there is some multi-thousand dollar thing made for rich morons doing their first Burning man.

it looks like a $30 halloween outfit from amazon

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
rich people version is 100% genuine babyhide

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Bluemillion posted:

Good on her for leaning into the fact that she naturally walks without rhythm.

she attracted a worm tho

Decon
Nov 22, 2015

FilthyImp posted:

She paid several thousand dollars to look like Frankenstein's foreskin.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nevada has authorized Mercedes to sell level 3 autonomous vehicles up to 40 mph

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/27/23572942/mercedes-drive-pilot-level-3-approved-nevada

you can play tetris while using it! so cool!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Decon posted:

She paid several thousand dollars to look like Frankenstein's foreskin.

is that a good deal? i have no reference for how much that usually costs

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

fart simpson posted:

i know a guy who can do it for a few hundred but hes not very good at it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fart simpson posted:

nobody can put a price on dumb poo poo

e: maybe it's 44 billion

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 31, 2023

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

All worlds now colliding

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1620117357577519104

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

fascist tweets and where to find them really was taken from the thread title too soon

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

okay but they are sniping at each other, not being friendly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

seriously who is this fucker