Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

I'm very thankful I never had a Costco membership when I was a soda drinker. Passing by pallets of Dr. Pepper would have done me in.

definitely drink diet soda on the regular but i will not buy a flat of diet dr.pepper, etc. thats my line. i would just run through them with that many lying around.

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

Asobu posted:

Finally got a membership. I walk in, get a $5 chicken and leave.

The money I’ve saved on chicken has already paid for the membership.

I will only buy chicken here. Nothing else.

But what if they had another chicken?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Asobu posted:

Finally got a membership. I walk in, get a $5 chicken and leave.

The money I’ve saved on chicken has already paid for the membership.

I will only buy chicken here. Nothing else.

That’s what they all say

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Soul Dentist posted:

Can't wait for Starry on tap at the Costco

I don’t know if this is a joke post or not but YES

The one Achilles heel of the Costco food court at every one I’ve been to has been the soda dispenser. They only have Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, lemonade, some kind of weird raspberry iced tea, and gamer piss (Mt Dew)

Give me a sprite, give me a 7-up, give me a Sierra Mist, give me a Starry, by the grace of Kirkland, please!!!!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Bum the Sad posted:

I love Costco samples. After my gym coach touched my butthole he would take me for samples. It was our Wednesday tradition.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

how the gently caress did this website end up with the most pathetic woke karens as mods? no one other than these losers with their dumb hidden gossip forum are phased by this post.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

he was also probably telling the truth

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Chinatown posted:

how the gently caress did this website end up with the most pathetic woke karens as mods? no one other than these losers with their dumb hidden gossip forum are phased by this post.

A. Pedo jokes are banned in GBS.
B. The post was reported, so at least one non-mod didn't like it.
C. The sanctity of the Costco thread must be preserved.

Also, you meant "fazed."

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
First time roasting a pork belly, 4$/lb Swift brand from Costco, turned out really good. bought a big slab and it'll end up being 3 nice portions.

Score/poke holes into the fat side, salt both sides, dry in the fridge for 24 hours, roast for about an hour, then broil the skin until crisp. I think i'll broil a little longer next time.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Also, you meant "fazed."

suck my dick bitch

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Chinatown posted:

I don't totally blame the mods for this, although ideally they would be more willing to put in more than a modicum of effort.

This is my theory of silly excessive moderation on SA:

1) There are A LOT of tattletales on these forums who report posts. Just like in elementary school, the tattletales often have pretty terrible sensibilities.

2) The SA mod, who doesn't read the threads, will take the narrative provided by the tattletale in the report at face value, and probate the offending poster. Unlike the teachers I had in elementary school, the mods don't seem to have the presence of mind to question the tattletale's description of the problem, and seem to take their reports 100% at face value.

I think from the mod's point of view, it's way easier to just probate the poster to avoid the potential wrath of a shrill tattletale contacting you. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

infraboy posted:

First time roasting a pork belly, 4$/lb Swift brand from Costco, turned out really good. bought a big slab and it'll end up being 3 nice portions.

Score/poke holes into the fat side, salt both sides, dry in the fridge for 24 hours, roast for about an hour, then broil the skin until crisp. I think i'll broil a little longer next time.

That looks wonderful! I usually end up dividing the loins into 3 or so roasts, seasoning them, and then sous viding one whenever I want one and finishing in a hot pan to get a crust. Keeps the pork from overcooking with no effort at all.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I just thought it was a CrossFit thing.

Got myself the 10lb bag of wings for the big game, now to figure out what the guests will be eating

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Mr.Acula posted:

he was also probably telling the truth

Mods have a long history of covering up and ignoring abuse.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That’s definitely not what the rules thread says.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Chinatown posted:

suck my dick bitch

MarcusSA posted:

Disciples of Costco rally and rebel again the mod menace. Bitch probably has a Sams club membership.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Also, you meant "fazed."

GBS mods sublimate into a gas every time they hear an off color joke or the c-word.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Oh that's why it's called the gas chamber

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

You're right - the rule as written is a little more specific. Chalk this one up to mod discretion. Or indiscretion. Whatever.

I'm going to be busy today so can't engage in a back and forth, so to everyone else please don't continue this derail. If you really want to yell at me send me a PM and I'll get to it later.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Olanphonia posted:

That looks wonderful! I usually end up dividing the loins into 3 or so roasts, seasoning them, and then sous viding one whenever I want one and finishing in a hot pan to get a crust. Keeps the pork from overcooking with no effort at all.

I cube them up into 1" pieces and put them in the smoker to make Pork Belly Burnt Ends. I might have to try the Sous Vide route too though.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Mod makes move, thread yells at them, mod too busy to discuss in thread. Many such cases.

I got a Casper mattress at Costco last week and so far it's been ok but idk if it was worth the cost 🤔

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Be sure to follow best practices with a foam mattress. Proper base, rotate, etc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m buying a house. Gonna check Costco for their flooring prices.

Also gonna get a dog and a slice.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Can you get Costco to buy a house for you like they do cars?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

PokeJoe posted:

Yes. CostCo does have a mortgage service department.

Edit: According to Google, they closed down this service in late 2022, so you just missed it.

Leon Trotsky 2012 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 30, 2023

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gently caress!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Too many people returning the houses forced them to shut down the program

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

PokeJoe posted:

sort of
https://www.costco.com/medano-10%27x12%27-studio-shed--%e2%80%93-do-it-yourself-assembly.product.100762992.html

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SirPablo posted:

Only morons buy soda at Costco, it is way overpriced.

Grocery stores are jumping on the jacking up prices bandwagon so Costco is sometimes the cheapest now

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

PokeJoe posted:

Mod makes move, thread yells at them, mod too busy to discuss in thread. Many such cases.

I got a Casper mattress at Costco last week and so far it's been ok but idk if it was worth the cost 🤔

I got one from costco about a year ago and I love the absolute hell out of it.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Should've kept walking but I couldn't say no.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bum the Sad posted:

I love Costco samples. After my gym coach touched my butthole he would take me for samples. It was our Wednesday tradition.

What if Bum was 18 when his gym coach fingered his butthole then it’s not a pedo joke right

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
He didn't even say he fingered his butthole, he just said he touched it. Maybe Bum is quadriplegic and his coach was helping him wipe

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Devils Affricate posted:

He didn't even say he fingered his butthole, he just said he touched it. Maybe Bum is quadriplegic and his coach was helping him wipe

Then this isn't worth discussing in the Costco thread

...since Costco doesn't carry pampers, the superior diapers and wipes, and coach would have had to go to BJ's for his poop cleaning needs.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Last time at Costco they didn't have any flushable wipes. Starting to notice some weird brand decisions, like when they stopped carrying the Biotin shampoo and now have pretty much just Kirkland stuff.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

That could be on the brands them selves. Hasn’t there been issues with some brands not wanting to be carried at Costco?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Flushable wipes aren't flushable so maybe it's the Church telling you you have been loving up. How long have you been E: an excellent poster?

Soul Dentist fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 31, 2023

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

Lathespin.gif posted:

These things are dangerous, 5/5

I bought a bag a few months ago. They taste okay but I felt like I could have eaten the entire bag in one sitting as there is really nothing to them. Pop one in your mouth, chew a couple times, and it's like those videos of raccoons washing cotton candy... it just kinda disappears.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I like the original chili and salt ones better than the Tajin ones but ymmv

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The Costco sample lady touched me.

To notify me that she was closing up and I could take as many as I wanted.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

WescottF1 posted:

I bought a bag a few months ago. They taste okay but I felt like I could have eaten the entire bag in one sitting as there is really nothing to them. Pop one in your mouth, chew a couple times, and it's like those videos of raccoons washing cotton candy... it just kinda disappears.

wtf my costco doesn't have those. My local costco doesn't have the best selections. The costcos in the bay area have some really good stuff though. ito en iced tea for days.