Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hadlock posted:

Also, this is looking pretty cool. Some people are calling it "krakken" supports, for obvious reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bobulus posted:

So I guess I'm being dumb with that 'organic' support. I see examples like this:

https://twitter.com/TheZuza/status/1600782712776065024

and I'm confused, because that's a symmetrical cylinder/cone that's being printed, but the supports generated do not look symmetrical. I imagine these are developed by an iterative process? If you let it run more iterations, would it end up looking 'better'? It doesn't really matter, but it bothers me for reasons.

edit: I guess I should look at it as a weaving 'branch' and not a globby thing.

You might be getting confused by the perspective on the screenshots, it's a harry potter wand with the base on the front left of the bed, tilting upwards toward the back right of the bed.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Hadlock posted:

:pray: this is really going to change how I use my printer

Also, this is looking pretty cool. Some people are calling it "krakken" supports, for obvious reasons

These look like the slim tree supports that I've been using in Bambu Slicer.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Looks more like an R25 but meh

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

SubNat posted:

Yeah, that'll be nice, also organic/tree supports, and a nice little 'text to mesh' feature to make it easier to add text to models.
Seems like a very nice QoL update in a couple big ways.

Funny enough, one tool that I use for text to mesh is "3d Builder". Yes, that free tool that looks like crap on Windows.

You can use embossing to drop into mesh and etch the words or whatever you want into the mesh.

(yah, those additional tris are off the chain, but Meshmixer can fix it)

It also had the best STL repairs, including Meshmixer, for the longest time. If you did it on Sli3er, Cura, or Meshmixer, it would either take forever, create some weird rear end polygons, or just crash. 3d Builder just would make the simplest fix to fill the holes and done.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

mewse posted:

You might be getting confused by the perspective on the screenshots, it's a harry potter wand with the base on the front left of the bed, tilting upwards toward the back right of the bed.

Yeah, I get that. I was referring to the way in the 'organic support' right-hand screenshot, the support material appears to start (at the buildplate) right below the wand, then swing 'behind' the wand from the camera POV, and then swing back 'in front of' the wand. I wasn't clear what that accomplishes that wouldn't also work with the support material directly below the wand at the top.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Bobulus posted:

Yeah, I get that. I was referring to the way in the 'organic support' right-hand screenshot, the support material appears to start (at the buildplate) right below the wand, then swing 'behind' the wand from the camera POV, and then swing back 'in front of' the wand. I wasn't clear what that accomplishes that wouldn't also work with the support material directly below the wand at the top.

Ok then I'm just confused why you're hung up on the support material being symmetrical. The benchy with organic supports doesn't have symmetrical supports either

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Bobulus posted:

It's an alpha. It is supposed to be tested by people willing to try it out, including the supporters and naysayers

Perhaps you may want to give it a try, so you get some juicy evidence on your side? :chord:

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

Algorithm, Emperor of the Moongorithm

Saw a really neat idea I might have to try - printed 3D relief map (not lithophane) of the Moon, using glow-in-the-dark filamant, and a printed LED-strip light inside. LEDs apparently charge it up so when you turn out the light, the Moon will glow creepily all night for you.

You could use UV LEDs to give it that extra boost.

Cory Parsnipson
Nov 15, 2015
Ah man, it finally happened. I had to take the hotend apart. :sigh:

Somehow the filament broke into multiple pieces when I unloaded it last night. I also had to clear up some more stringy gunk out of the heat break. I ordered like 5 ptfe tubes cause I messed mine up taking it out. Luckily that seems to be the only replacement part I need.

I also put in an order for a nozzle x. I guess now would be a good time for a replacement.

On the brightside, I'm getting the true 3d printing experience now! :haw:

Cory Parsnipson fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jan 28, 2023

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

mattfl posted:

These look like the slim tree supports that I've been using in Bambu Slicer.

Yeah because they already implemented some of the code from cura by Thomas W I believe is his name! The slim tree supports work pretty great and are extremely similar to the Cura alpha that includes his code from my limited testing.

I've also been enjoying testing this fork of bambu studio: https://github.com/SoftFever/BambuStudio-SoftFever/releases

He's been adding features like crazy, I really appreciate all the hard work so far! They've implemented some of his fork into the official release before too. There's a lot of features he's adding back from prusa slicer, he just added the ability to do inner and or outer brim for example.

edit: Forgot to add this fork includes some manual calibration features borrowed from superslicer, so it would be extra beneficial for P1P owners I think. Allows you to manually put in pressure advance values per filament profile.

Opinionated fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 28, 2023

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

SkunkDuster posted:

You could use UV LEDs to give it that extra boost.

Oh drat, I never thought of that... :getin:

Now you have me thinking of multiple colors of glow filament to make black-light poster lithophanes...

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Ended up getting a HALOT-LITE dropped in my lap next week. 8.9" 4k mono.

Looking for washing and curing tips. Anyone tried washing with an ultrasonic cleaner? Or would the resin residue gunk things up pretty quick?

I have what I need through various unrelated acquisitions for other things, and since this isn't doing huge prints, I think I could manage pretty well (I have a 10W UV panel that cures my UV casting resin quickly, so I'm guessing that will work for printing resin) with a couple of home Depot additions.

Also: anyone with experience on the flexible resins? I have a project in mind that it would be perfect for if the prints are at least as tough as FDM TPU, if not quite as flexible.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 days!

AlexDeGruven posted:

Ended up getting a HALOT-LITE dropped in my lap next week. 8.9" 4k mono.

Looking for washing and curing tips. Anyone tried washing with an ultrasonic cleaner? Or would the resin residue gunk things up pretty quick?

I have what I need through various unrelated acquisitions for other things, and since this isn't doing huge prints, I think I could manage pretty well (I have a 10W UV panel that cures my UV casting resin quickly, so I'm guessing that will work for printing resin) with a couple of home Depot additions.

Also: anyone with experience on the flexible resins? I have a project in mind that it would be perfect for if the prints are at least as tough as FDM TPU, if not quite as flexible.

My understanding is that you don't want to wash your prints in an ultrasonic cleaner A)as the first wash stage or B)with IPA in the ultrasonic cleaner, period. For A) it's usually because, as you say, the residue would get very gunky very quickly; ideally you'd wash them another way first with IPA to get the bulk of residue off and then put them in the ultrasonic with like Purple Power or some other household cleaner to make sure all the residue's gone. This is because in the case of B), you don't want to risk fire or explosion with IPA in an ultrasonic, particularly not one with a heating element in it (and just in case it develops a leak or a short or something).

Uncle Jessy did a video where he explored alternatives to IPA for use in ultrasonic cleaners. He also did a video where he warned against getting a cleaner that doesn't have an automatic shutoff for the heating element when you're done cleaning; he woke up to some foul odors one morning after forgetting to turn off the heater on the cleaner, and it had basically baked the residue and cooked off the cleaning solution. So that's also something to be mindful of :v:

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

It was just a thought as I wait for delivery, but that's kind of what I was expecting. I'll stick with the old school method of IPA and a brush.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Y'know, I've been wondering why my printer (Klipper, CR-6 SE) kept waiting for a while after finishing the purge line.
Turns out Prusaslicer helpfully injects an extra 'wait for hotend temp' command after the [start_print] command, to idiot-proof it a bit.
It does that because the [start_print] macro isn't readable by Prusaslicer, and thus it just rams them in just in case because it can't see if you've actually set temps.

Finding a random reddit post suggesting I add 'M104 S0 / M140 S0' right before the start_print command makes it so that it's no longer included.

Problem solved. :toot:.
No more big blobs on the purge line because the nozzle just sits there chilling for a while before printing, now it just whips off the moment the purge line completes.
I'm not sure -why- the extra wait-for-hotend temp command Prusaslicer forced it caused it to hang for a good 10 sec or so after completing the purge (Maybe it has a minimum duration?), but it's nice to have it gone.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Uncle Jessy did a video where he explored alternatives to IPA for use in ultrasonic cleaners. He also did a video where he warned against getting a cleaner that doesn't have an automatic shutoff for the heating element when you're done cleaning; he woke up to some foul odors one morning after forgetting to turn off the heater on the cleaner, and it had basically baked the residue and cooked off the cleaning solution. So that's also something to be mindful of :v:

Can confirm. Bought a ultrasonic cleaner which I hacked to remove the hard 2 minute cycle and came back to a mini now bathing in a streamy soup of simple green and paint

Bodanarko
May 29, 2009
Neptune 3 Plus back in stock on elegoo’s site for the US. I’ve been very impressed by what I’ve seen in reviews of the Pro/Plus/Max and have been wanting something with a larger build volume than my Prusa Mini+ and E3Pro.

I’m just lucky the max isn’t available because I would have absolutely bought it just for printing exactly one 1kg rainbow articulated dragon and never anything that large again

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

SubNat posted:

So, they added an actual ethernet port, and all it does is I assume download updates/firmware or something?
That seems rather pointless. Or can you monitor it, but not actually push gcode to it?

They released a new firmware recently that added this functionality. I can monitor and print remotely to my Mini+ now. Took them quite a while but it's in now.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

That's good, it's such a nice QoL thing.

By the way, klipper goons: is there anything clever I should be doing with filament change macros (since klipper doesn't support M600), or is just firing off a pause perfectly functional? (And then manually resuming after swapping?)

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Bodanarko posted:

Neptune 3 Plus back in stock on elegoo’s site for the US. I’ve been very impressed by what I’ve seen in reviews of the Pro/Plus/Max and have been wanting something with a larger build volume than my Prusa Mini+ and E3Pro.

I’m just lucky the max isn’t available because I would have absolutely bought it just for printing exactly one 1kg rainbow articulated dragon and never anything that large again

About time but I figured things would be back in stock today. I'm in the same boat, a Max would've been nice but a Plus will likely suit me just fine.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

SubNat posted:

That's good, it's such a nice QoL thing.

By the way, klipper goons: is there anything clever I should be doing with filament change macros (since klipper doesn't support M600), or is just firing off a pause perfectly functional? (And then manually resuming after swapping?)

I've been using this set of Klipper macros, which includes an implementation of M600 and filament change macros that use it

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

BlackIronHeart posted:

About time but I figured things would be back in stock today. I'm in the same boat, a Max would've been nice but a Plus will likely suit me just fine.

You're not going to get a Max to print fast enough to not literally die before your first print completes.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Contemplated throwing Marlin on my Neptune 2S but then saw that you have to compile it yourself and add the configs oh and also recompile and reflash if you add a BL Touch so I'm on stock until I crawl out from my closet.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

unpurposed posted:

They released a new firmware recently that added this functionality. I can monitor and print remotely to my Mini+ now. Took them quite a while but it's in now.

I’m traveling and can’t find anything on my phone about it, have a link? I’m dying for it for my regular Mini.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe

NewFatMike posted:

I’m traveling and can’t find anything on my phone about it, have a link? I’m dying for it for my regular Mini.

https://github.com/prusa3d/Prusa-Firmware-Buddy/releases

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The Chairman posted:

I've been using this set of Klipper macros, which includes an implementation of M600 and filament change macros that use it

Nice, thanks a lot. Looks pretty good.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ayyyyy thanks

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

Contemplated throwing Marlin on my Neptune 2S but then saw that you have to compile it yourself and add the configs oh and also recompile and reflash if you add a BL Touch so I'm on stock until I crawl out from my closet.

Somebody hasn’t already done that for you? I always just use somebody else’s build

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Prusa Slicer alpha with tree supports is out!

https://github.com/prusa3d/PrusaSlicer/releases/tag/version_2.6.0-alpha2

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Nice. I was thinking of slicing up a video game spaceship model anyway, so this seems like a good time to test the new features with it.

One note I'm seeing:

quote:

- Rafts with Organic supports are buggy.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!
I do FDM and don't understand what a USC does for resin prints. I have a large USC that I use for cleaning LP records on a spit. Can somebody ELI5 what they're used for with resin prints?

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
lmao

quote:

The Organic supports currently pose the following limitations:

For large models with a lot of supports, 16GB RAM minimum is recommended.

insta
Jan 28, 2009

Odoyle posted:

I do FDM and don't understand what a USC does for resin prints. I have a large USC that I use for cleaning LP records on a spit. Can somebody ELI5 what they're used for with resin prints?

It would be to get uncured resin off the model before curing it, making it permanent. The resin is pretty viscous.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

WOW what a difference :aaaaa:

Before, 7 hour print time

After, 6 hour print time

To enable, it's under print settings tab -> support material -> options for support material and raft -> style

searching for "organic" in the search function doesn't have it show up

Gonna have to go dig out my hollow Citroen car body STL and see how it does with that

edit: stl https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:182136/files

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Hadlock posted:

WOW what a difference :aaaaa:

Gonna have to go dig out my hollow Citroen car body STL and see how it does with that

Original, 19h55m

Inside, so you have a better idea of what we're working with here

New and improved. Still needs a lot of cleanup on the inside of the roof, but nobody but me will ever see that. The smooth external lines of the car are actually preserved - no sanding!

Very organic interior:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

X rotated it to 290* to avoid the low res flat spots on the roof and hood, how I'd actually print it

1d0h44m, 188g filament

14h15m, 93g filament

edit: tree supports are hollow:

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jan 31, 2023

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid
Any idea why an Ender 3 V2 running klipper would randomly just stop printing 2 hours into a print? I pulled the Klippy log to see if it gives anything useful, and below is the snip from just before the issue.

Has anyone seen "Got error -1 in write: (19)No such device" before? Nothing comes up when I google it. Makes me thing USB, but nothing rules out the control board or power loss.

code:
Stats 28201.0: gcodein=0  mcu: mcu_awake=0.011 mcu_task_avg=0.000034 mcu_task_stddev=0.000030 bytes_write=23777445 bytes_read=3762204 bytes_retransmit=9 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=425335 receive_seq=425335 retransmit_seq=2 srtt=0.004 rttvar=0.001 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=11 stalled_bytes=0 freq=72001523 rpi: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000014 mcu_task_stddev=0.000023 bytes_write=83102 bytes_read=257532 bytes_retransmit=0 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=13819 receive_seq=13819 retransmit_seq=0 srtt=0.000 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=49999970 adj=49998936 sd_pos=5548098 heater_bed: target=60 temp=60.0 pwm=0.252 sysload=1.10 cputime=1859.410 memavail=598092 print_time=13504.134 buffer_time=2.012 print_stall=0 extruder: target=200 temp=199.7 pwm=0.706
Stats 28202.0: gcodein=0  mcu: mcu_awake=0.011 mcu_task_avg=0.000034 mcu_task_stddev=0.000030 bytes_write=23778844 bytes_read=3762451 bytes_retransmit=9 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=425360 receive_seq=425360 retransmit_seq=2 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=72001520 rpi: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000014 mcu_task_stddev=0.000023 bytes_write=83108 bytes_read=257548 bytes_retransmit=0 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=13820 receive_seq=13820 retransmit_seq=0 srtt=0.000 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=49999969 adj=49998912 sd_pos=5548212 heater_bed: target=60 temp=60.1 pwm=0.000 sysload=1.10 cputime=1859.481 memavail=598092 print_time=13505.380 buffer_time=2.257 print_stall=0 extruder: target=200 temp=199.6 pwm=0.710
Stats 28203.0: gcodein=0  mcu: mcu_awake=0.011 mcu_task_avg=0.000034 mcu_task_stddev=0.000030 bytes_write=23780137 bytes_read=3762669 bytes_retransmit=9 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=425384 receive_seq=425384 retransmit_seq=2 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=56 stalled_bytes=0 freq=72001516 rpi: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000014 mcu_task_stddev=0.000023 bytes_write=83114 bytes_read=257564 bytes_retransmit=0 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=13821 receive_seq=13821 retransmit_seq=0 srtt=0.000 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=49999968 adj=49998933 sd_pos=5548326 heater_bed: target=60 temp=60.0 pwm=0.168 sysload=1.10 cputime=1859.554 memavail=597860 print_time=13506.686 buffer_time=2.562 print_stall=0 extruder: target=200 temp=199.6 pwm=0.710
Got error -1 in write: (19)No such device
Stats 28204.0: gcodein=0  mcu: mcu_awake=0.011 mcu_task_avg=0.000034 mcu_task_stddev=0.000030 bytes_write=23780323 bytes_read=3762669 bytes_retransmit=757 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=425387 receive_seq=425384 retransmit_seq=425387 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.400 ready_bytes=427 stalled_bytes=31 freq=72001516 rpi: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000014 mcu_task_stddev=0.000023 bytes_write=83120 bytes_read=257580 bytes_retransmit=0 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=13822 receive_seq=13822 retransmit_seq=0 srtt=0.001 rttvar=0.002 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=49999968 adj=49998941 sd_pos=5548383 heater_bed: target=60 temp=60.0 pwm=0.168 sysload=1.10 cputime=1859.596 memavail=599532 print_time=13507.363 buffer_time=2.238 print_stall=0 extruder: target=200 temp=199.6 pwm=0.710
Got EOF when reading from device
Stats 28205.0: gcodein=0  mcu: mcu_awake=0.011 mcu_task_avg=0.000034 mcu_task_stddev=0.000030 bytes_write=23780323 bytes_read=3762669 bytes_retransmit=944 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=425387 receive_seq=425384 retransmit_seq=425387 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.800 ready_bytes=427 stalled_bytes=1202 freq=72001516 rpi: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000015 mcu_task_stddev=0.000026 bytes_write=83126 bytes_read=257609 bytes_retransmit=0 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=13823 receive_seq=13823 retransmit_seq=0 srtt=0.001 rttvar=0.002 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=49999968 adj=49998941 sd_pos=5548495 heater_bed: target=60 temp=60.0 pwm=0.168 sysload=1.10 cputime=1859.645 memavail=598320 print_time=13508.761 buffer_time=2.636 print_stall=0 extruder: target=200 temp=199.6 pwm=0.710
Filament Sensor btt_smart: runout event detected, Time 28205.27
Exiting SD card print (position 5548524)
Stats 28206.0: gcodein=0  mcu: mcu_awake=0.011 mcu_task_avg=0.000034 mcu_task_stddev=0.000030 bytes_write=23780323 bytes_read=3762669 bytes_retransmit=944 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=425387 receive_seq=425384 retransmit_seq=425387 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.800 ready_bytes=427 stalled_bytes=1799 freq=72001516 rpi: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000015 mcu_task_stddev=0.000026 bytes_write=83132 bytes_read=257625 bytes_retransmit=0 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=13824 receive_seq=13824 retransmit_seq=0 srtt=0.001 rttvar=0.001 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=49999973 adj=49998932  heater_bed: target=60 temp=60.0 pwm=0.168 sysload=1.10 cputime=1859.695 memavail=598416 print_time=13509.487 buffer_time=2.358 print_stall=0 extruder: target=200 temp=199.6 pwm=0.710
bed_mesh fade complete: Current Z: 27.1000 fade_target: 0.0000 
Stats 28207.0: gcodein=0  mcu: mcu_awake=0.011 mcu_task_avg=0.000034 mcu_task_stddev=0.000030 bytes_write=23780323 bytes_read=3762669 bytes_retransmit=944 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=425387 receive_seq=425384 retransmit_seq=425387 srtt=0.003 rttvar=0.000 rto=0.800 ready_bytes=427 stalled_bytes=2770 freq=72001516 rpi: mcu_awake=0.001 mcu_task_avg=0.000015 mcu_task_stddev=0.000026 bytes_write=83138 bytes_read=257641 bytes_retransmit=0 bytes_invalid=0 send_seq=13825 receive_seq=13825 retransmit_seq=0 srtt=0.001 rttvar=0.001 rto=0.025 ready_bytes=0 stalled_bytes=0 freq=49999973 adj=49998989  heater_bed: target=60 temp=60.0 pwm=0.168 sysload=1.17 cputime=1859.761 memavail=596908 print_time=13517.867 buffer_time=9.737 print_stall=0 extruder: target=200 temp=199.6 pwm=0.710
Timeout with MCU 'mcu' (eventtime=28208.032172)
Transition to shutdown state: Lost communication with MCU 'mcu'
Dumping gcode input 0 blocks
Dumping 20 requests for client 1968684048
I have an extra SKR Mini E3 v2 that I've been meaning to install, but wanted to get a new case printed up before I did. Might just throw that in and see if it helps.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?
I was super excited for the organic supports and the cut tool improvements, but reading though I'm just as excited about some of the smaller stuff like dynamic overhang speed and monotonic lines fill pattern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Bondematt posted:

Any idea why an Ender 3 V2 running klipper would randomly just stop printing 2 hours into a print? I pulled the Klippy log to see if it gives anything useful, and below is the snip from just before the issue.

Has anyone seen "Got error -1 in write: (19)No such device" before? Nothing comes up when I google it. Makes me thing USB, but nothing rules out the control board or power loss.

Some kind of connection issue (flaky cable/connector?): Got error -1 in write: (19)No such device

Looks like your print-ending-event: Filament Sensor btt_smart: runout event detected, Time 28205.27

Followed by: Exiting SD card print (position 5548524)

My guess is that your filament sensor sent a false positive about filament runout which aborted (rather than paused?) the print. If it happens again with the same message I'd replace the filament sensor. Or see if you can set the condition to trigger a pause rather than full abort.

Weird connection issues could be (wild speculation ahead) caused by voltage spikes on your PSU causing multiple things (usb connection, filament sensor) to malfunction